Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 831 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space X (resized).png
    IMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
    20230729_072930 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5840 (resized).jpeg
    B6D2F8E2-9611-4D1D-A796-845D6B10FA0B (resized).jpeg
    VenusJupiter2 (resized).jpg
    VenusJupiter1 (resized).jpg
    james-webb-contributor-map (resized).png
    med_gallery_229968_21748_321752 (resized).jpg
    Moon about to occult Mars (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221124_184633 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20221027_182459 (resized).jpg
    20221027_183236 (resized).jpg
    20221027_181714 (resized).jpg
    There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
    #801 7 months ago

Latest update shows them going for the 1:48 a.m. window.

2 weeks later
    #802 6 months ago

Falcon Heavy just launch the NASA Psyche probe to a metal world yesterday. Quite the rumble and a dual landing on land. Here is the heavy metal tribute to the mission:

#803 6 months ago

Space X Vandenburg launch this morning.
    12:47 AM
    Less than an hour...

#804 6 months ago

Successful launch, I saw it clearly from Fallbrook, and the reentry burn for the 1st stage in baja.
    Super clear night.

1 month later
    #805 5 months ago

Watch here or on YouTube: https://www.spacex.com/launches/index.html

A rocket launch is scheduled to take off from Vandenberg Space Force Base Friday morning.

SpaceX is targeting 10:19 a.m. for a Falcon 9 launch of the Korea 425 mission.

A live webcast of this mission will begin on X @SpaceX about 15 minutes before liftoff. You can watch live here.

SpaceX officials say there are a total of 25 spacecraft on board this mission, including KOREA's 425, Space BD’s ISL48, SITAEL’s uHETSat, D-Orbit’s ION SCV Daring Diego, York Space Systems’ Bane, and PlanetIQ’s GNOMES-4.

This is the 17th flight of the first stage booster supporting this mission, which previously launched Crew-1, Crew-2, SXM-8, CRS-23, IXPE, Transporter-4, Transporter-5, Globalstar FM15, ISI EROS C-3, and seven Starlink missions.

Following stage separation, the first stage will land on Landing Zone 4.

This is SpaceX's 25th launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base this year.

#806 4 months ago

Watched, but was visible far less time than usual due to hazy skies. Saw ISS go over today about 5:50; you can have NASA email you 24 hours ahead when it'll be over you.

#807 4 months ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Watched, but was visible far less time than usual due to hazy skies. Saw ISS go over today about 5:50; you can have NASA email you 24 hours ahead when it'll be over you.

Did you see the pictures of the central coast area taken from the ISS on a pass over the area, I believe taken on Sunday?

#808 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

Did you see the pictures of the central coast area taken from the ISS on a pass over the area, I believe taken on Sunday?

No, are they archived anywhere I can get a link to?

#809 4 months ago

I saw it here: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article282581863.html

Somewhat north of you, but still interesting...

#810 4 months ago

Latest update is another Falcon 9 for early Friday morning between midnight and 2:41 a.m. As a night launch, should have wide visibility.

1 week later
    #812 4 months ago

Per SpaceX, VSFB Falcon9/Starlink launch delayed until Dec. 28 @ 9:09 PM PST

#813 4 months ago

I saw the Starlink satellites all lined up in the sky the night of 9/9. Was walking home from a party by Chicago and thought I was seeing things… meteors, aliens? 20 something points of light in a perfect line and then they just started disappearing one by one. Even tried to take a picture as proof. A little googling and I had my answer, though. I’d love to see it again.

We, also, saw a night launch when we lived near Jupiter, Florida and it lit up the sky almost like daylight from 75 miles away. It was one of the most amazing things I’ve seen.

I probably won’t ever see these CA launches from my neck of the woods but it did remind me to keep an eye on Cape Canaveral’s launch schedule. Thanks!

#814 4 months ago

SpaceX is targeting Thursday, December 28 for a Falcon 9 launch of 21 Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit from Space Launch Complex 4 East (SLC-4E) at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. Liftoff is targeted for 9:09 p.m. PT, with backup opportunities available until 12:32 a.m. PT on Friday, December 29. If needed, additional opportunities are also available on Friday, December 29 starting at 8:48 p.m. PT.

A live webcast of this mission will begin on X @SpaceX about fifteen minutes prior to liftoff. Watch live.

This is the first flight for the first stage booster supporting this mission. Following stage separation, the first stage will land on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship, which will be stationed in the Pacific Ocean.

This launch will include the first six Starlink satellites with Direct to Cell capabilities that will enable mobile network operators around the world to provide seamless global access to texting, calling, and browsing wherever you may be on land, lakes, or coastal waters.

#815 4 months ago
    Quoted from BoilerUp:

I saw the Starlink satellites all lined up in the sky the night of 9/9. Was walking home from a party by Chicago and thought I was seeing things… meteors, aliens? 20 something points of light in a perfect line and then they just started disappearing one by one. Even tried to take a picture as proof. A little googling and I had my answer, though. I’d love to see it again.
    We, also, saw a night launch when we lived near Jupiter, Florida and it lit up the sky almost like daylight from 75 miles away. It was one of the most amazing things I’ve seen.
    I probably won’t ever see these CA launches from my neck of the woods but it did remind me to keep an eye on Cape Canaveral’s launch schedule. Thanks!

There is a launch scheduled in Florida on December 28th as well

SpaceX is targeting no earlier than Thursday, December 28 for Falcon Heavy to launch USSF-52 to orbit from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The four-hour launch window opens at 7:00 p.m. ET. If needed, a backup opportunity is available on Friday, December 29 during the same window.

A live webcast of this mission will begin on X @SpaceX about fifteen minutes prior to liftoff. Watch live.

This will be the fifth launch and landing of these Falcon Heavy side boosters, which previously supported USSF-44, USSF-67, Hughes JUPTER 3, and NASA’s Psyche mission. Following booster separation, Falcon Heavy’s two side boosters will land on SpaceX’s Landing Zones 1 and 2 (LZ-1 and LZ-2) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.

#816 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

There is a launch scheduled in Florida on December 28th as well
    SpaceX is targeting no earlier than Thursday, December 28 for Falcon Heavy to launch USSF-52 to orbit from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The four-hour launch window opens at 7:00 p.m. ET. If needed, a backup opportunity is available on Friday, December 29 during the same window.
    This will be the fifth launch and landing of these Falcon Heavy side boosters, which previously supported USSF-44, USSF-67, Hughes JUPTER 3, and NASA’s Psyche mission. Following booster separation, Falcon Heavy’s two side boosters will land on SpaceX’s Landing Zones 1 and 2 (LZ-1 and LZ-2) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.

Thank you! I’ll be sure to watch.

#817 4 months ago

Firefly Aerospace’s Alpha FLTA004 rocket is scheduled to launch from Vandenberg SFB Wednesday, between 9:18 a.m. and 9:39 a.m, carrying a payload for Lockheed Martin. (weather in that area does not look promising)

#818 4 months ago

I was in the FLA panhandle last week completely out of the loop w/respect to launch schedule and what's going on at Boca Chica. Nowadays, a lot happens in a week!

#819 4 months ago

I didn’t realize there was this launch scheduled for this morning but it was scrubbed. Should be a cool launch to watch early tomorrow, so here’s the info:

SpaceX is now targeting Sunday morning starting at 5:11 a.m. for liftoff. The launch window is 83 minutes.

ORIGINAL STORY: SpaceX is planning an early morning launch Saturday for one of its Falcon 9 rockets out of Vandenberg Space Force Base, the company announced Friday.

The 83-minute launch window opens at 5:11 a.m. on Saturday, December 23.

The first stage of the Falcon 9 rocket will return to Earth and land at Vandenberg Space Force Base, meaning many residents across the region may hear a sonic boom.

If the launch is scrubbed, a backup opportunity will be on Sunday, December 24 with the same launch window.

The launch is part of the SARah-2 mission to low-Earth orbit. SARah 2 is a passive reflector antenna radar satellite built by OHB-System, according to Next Space Flight.

The satellite is part of a three-satellite constellation being built for the German government, the website said.

2 weeks later
    #820 3 months ago

Vulcan launches tonight (actually Monday) ~2:00AM!

First launch, but a bit late for me despite being a night owl.

1 month later
    #821 60 days ago

I believe Space X is still on for tonite 11:16 EST time.
    Is this thread just for Vandenberg or are East Coast updates OK as well ? Don't remember if there is a "General" Space Stuff" Thread

Space X (resized).pngSpace X (resized).png
    #822 59 days ago

As the title says, I'm fairly certain this is just for launches from Vandenberg Space Force base out here in California.

But that totally doesn't mean that you can't start a thread just for Florida launches! I know there are plenty of Pinsiders local to that area that can see launches from their porches, so I think there'd be plenty of participants in that thread.

#823 59 days ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

I believe Space X is still on for tonite 11:16 EST time.
    Is this thread just for Vandenberg or are East Coast updates OK as well ? Don't remember if there is a "General" Space Stuff" Thread[quoted image]

Everything is fair game, I don’t mind if you post stuff in this thread. I love everything related to space. I changed the title. I have been super busy working 60+ hours a week so I’ve been a little lagging on keeping up with launches

#824 53 days ago

https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/launch/falcon-9-block-5-starlink-group-7-17/

Tonight another Space X out of Vandenburg. Starlink Group 7-17
    Falcon 9 Block 5

Above link has countdown and link to live video link when they go live.

#825 49 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/live/3fRfJerFqqo?si=66drnckG_b2O9HDc

Here’s a launch out of Florida in a little under 1 hour

#827 44 days ago

Successful launch

#828 44 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Successful launch

Pretty spectacular here in SoCal. They even saw it in Phoenix.

#829 42 days ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Pretty spectacular here in SoCal. They even saw it in Phoenix.

Yes it was a awesome launch

#830 42 days ago

March 21st 4:55:09PM EDT (20:55:09 UTC)
    Docking to the ISS Harmony module: March 23rd at 7:30AM EDT (11:30 UTC)

Mission: F9 launch of SpaceX's CRS-30 mission
    Launch location: Space Launch Complex 40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Earth.
    Target orbit: Low Earth Orbit, ISS-bound

https://www.youtube.com/live/k3GKF4rjMPw?si=Pziajp0hyiDIPmIy

There are 831 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocket-launch-tonight-at-527-vaf-base/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.