IMG_9896 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9893 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9895 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9890 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 9 years ago

I dont even have one yet, but its the next game on my list. I had a couple of questions about rollergames and rather than start a thread for a couple of questions I figured this pin deserved its own club.

Lets see pics of your pimped out rollergames!

So my questions:

Is the jackpot award a random point value, or is it progressive? Can you earn multiple jackpots during multiball, or is it one and done like High Speed?

I saw that there are Pinsound files created for this game, but I couldn't find any actual audio or video of it, would love to hear how it sounds if anyone has it installed.

#2 9 years ago

for your viewing pleasure.

#3 9 years ago

I had one when my kids were little, and it's funny they repeated that stupid song over and over and over and over and over again. It sounded more like wock, wock, wocking, woller games. I'll never get it out of my head. Todd

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

for your viewing pleasure.

Always love me some CGR reviews! That guy is hilarious.

#5 9 years ago

I'll join. Love RG. Great light show, fun music, nice flow. I sued to get annoyed with the announcer but after have three of them, I guess that he is growing on me.
P1040917.JPGP1040917.JPG

P1040919.JPGP1040919.JPG

#6 9 years ago

for your reading pleasure

http://pinball.org/rules/rollergames.html

you can also advance jackpot value but I can't remember what does it right now... Paging JohnWartJr for all things RG

Pretty sure there is also a setting that will make sudden death be after a predetermined number of switch hits rather than random which is good for leveling out the randomness of the game for competitive play.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Is the jackpot award a random point value, or is it progressive? Can you earn multiple jackpots during multiball, or is it one and done like High Speed?

I am actually not sure what builds the jackpot, but it starts at 1.5M and grows to a 4M max. It seems to be at around 1.6 whenever I get it(not terribly hard to collect, but still very satisfying). You can get multiple jackpots during multiball, but after the first it resets to 1.5M - although this value grows during multiball too.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

I'll join. Love RG. Great light show, fun music, nice flow. I sued to get annoyed with the announcer but after have three of them, I guess that he is growing on me.

Great looking game! I am a love 'em or hate 'em guy when it comes to LEDS but those are well done.

Quoted from Whysnow:

for your reading pleasure

http://pinball.org/rules/rollergames.html

you can also advance jackpot value but I can't remember what does it right now... Paging JohnWartJr for all things RG

Thanks Whysnow and LEE, I read through that and must have missed that multiple jackpots can be awarded, but still wondering how you advance it. John Wart must know as he is the king of RG.

#9 9 years ago

I bought one last year for my brother's house. Since his wife was very active in roller derby it just had to happen! he one I got was a disaster, so I spent a while getting it cleaned up and I think it looks pretty good, except for the playfield mylar which I was too scared to remove. While I like that PPS just made cabinet decals available, I'm sort of glad they didn't exist a year ago because I would have probably bought them!

SURFACE - WIN_20140115_213158.JPGSURFACE - WIN_20140115_213158.JPG
My shopout thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-super-shop-project

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Still interested to know what builds the jackpot value, and if anyone has pinsound installed in their game.

#11 9 years ago

Still interested to know what builds the jackpot value, and if anyone has pinsound installed in their game.

completing top rollover lanes may build it along with pop hits? I can try to remember to figure this out next time I play it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

completing top rollover lanes may build it along with pop hits? I can try to remember to figure this out next time I play it.

Thanks! If you remember it next time you play that would be cool, no rush.

Surprised john wart jr has not chimed in yet, I thought he was king of RG.

#13 9 years ago

Found a nicely written article about rollergames, only skimmed it due to time but plan on reading it later.

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/08/10/featured-game-williams-rollergames/

#14 9 years ago

I am joining this club because I want to own this pinball someday soon!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I am joining this club because I want to own this pinball someday soon!

Oh no! Local completion for the same pin!

#16 9 years ago

Oh no! Local completion for the same pin!

Nah, you get yours first so I can come over and log some serious time. I am prolly a year or so away from being ready for Rollergames. Have one or two other pins lined up first lol.

#17 9 years ago

Few pics of mine. First pin I bought. Just put LED's in the inserts.

002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG
#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Few pics of mine. First pin I bought.

Nice! Looks like a prototype, how is the DP holding up?

#19 9 years ago

Just fine. I just got the CPR plastic set in, so she'll get a nice shop job here soon.

#20 9 years ago

Nah, you get yours first so I can come over and log some serious time. I am prolly a year or so away from being ready for Rollergames. Have one or two other pins lined up first lol.

Phew. Was worried I was going to have to start dissuading you from the game. Maybe set up a fake account to start bad mouthing it to you.

#21 9 years ago

Love mine.

#22 9 years ago

Was worried I was going to have to start dissuading you from the game.

I have to admit that one you almost pulled the trigger on down south was real tempting. But I held strong so I could end up with my WW (can I reference other pins in the club house, lol?).

#23 9 years ago

One of my older videos, but it does show most everything.

Ron...

#24 9 years ago

I have to admit that one you almost pulled the trigger on down south was real tempting. But I held strong so I could end up with my WW (can I reference other pins in the club house, lol?).

Oh I was trying hard, all sorts of wheeling and dealing behind the scenes. Was trying to sell my worlds fair EM just to pay for the transportation up to the Bay Area, sold my taxi back to Pinwillie to get the money but I was only getting some that I was going to give to Tracelifter as a deposit. Honestly, it was a mess with too many intricate pieces that all needed to fall in place. I just didn't want to see it parted out. When I head Molly from pins n needles wanted it I told him to please sell it to her. It went on location which is awesome. I will get mine, I am focused and have wanted one forever at this point.

#25 9 years ago

Another potential future owner. I have never even played one before. It is a late sys 11, I am a sys 11 junkie. The right deal comes along and I would be throwing the hand truck in the van again.

#26 9 years ago

Here's my sexy little girl... Winner of southern fried game room best of show 2014

IMG_20141106_001132.jpgIMG_20141106_001132.jpg IMG_20141106_001158.jpgIMG_20141106_001158.jpg IMG_20141106_001211.jpgIMG_20141106_001211.jpg IMG_20141106_001322.jpgIMG_20141106_001322.jpg
#27 9 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Here's my sexy little girl... Winner of southern fried game room best of show 2014

Love the topper, great idea!

#29 9 years ago

Sign me up! Here is a little gameplay video from mine when I first got it up and running.
It's since been LED'd all over.

#t=13

It's a great game. Very fast action for a game from that period.

#30 9 years ago

love my rock rock rock n' Rollergames! i broke down and bought one about a month ago because i was playing it on location so much. it's really a great value Sys 11 IMO. there also seems to be a lot of them around up here in Canada.

Quoted from CafeOne:

love the topper and the pink legs/coin door. nice touches!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

IMG_20141106_001211.jpg 274 KB

could you share your custom FREE PLAY card with the group? it's awesome!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from monty-:

could you share your custom FREE PLAY card with the group? it's awesome!

I second that, its awesome!

#33 9 years ago

Still interested to know what builds the jackpot value,

Confirmed tonight for you...

EVERY switch in the game builds the jackpot. They all seem to build at different values. Pops and spinners worth 10k? SKATE worth 50k? 123 ABC worth 60k?

Something like that. I did not check with glass off and just attempted to pay attention when playing. Basically you build the jackpot buy hitting everything!!

The better strategy is to just be sure you hit multiple jackpots as they each multiply. First one is BIG and then resets to base value (1.6 mil?; I think this is an adjustable game setting?) Second one is 2x, third is 3x, fourth and up are still 3x I think.

Hitting multiple jackpots is more important than rebuilding after the first one.

#34 9 years ago

Nice! Thanks whysnow! Did not realize that there was a multiplier in affect too. Thanks again for solving this question.

#35 9 years ago

Thanks guys, getting her packed up right now to be on display at Free Play Florida...
Here is the thread for the instruction cards, I made them last year before this show...
I also put a 7 LED purple strip under the rollerskate last night night, still need to work on hiding a bit but the rollerskate lit up looks cooool!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-custom-instruction-cards

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Thanks guys, getting her packed up right now to be on display at Free Play Florida...
Here is the thread for the instruction cards, I made them last year before this show...
I also put a 7 LED purple strip under the rollerskate last night night, still need to work on hiding a bit but the rollerskate lit up looks cooool!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rollergames-custom-instruction-cards

Thanks for posting a link!

#37 9 years ago

Can one of you guys give me a picture of the pop bumper area shown in my pic? It looks like the rings on mine are not in the correct locations as the ball sometimes gets stuck in there. I'm wondering what the correct layout it supposed to be. Thanks!

2014-11-25 15.22.29.jpg2014-11-25 15.22.29.jpg
#38 9 years ago

Like this?
P1040936.JPGP1040936.JPG

#39 9 years ago

Thanks. Can you take a picture a little more to the right? Mine is definitely wrong in that area after looking at your picture.

#40 9 years ago

Hmm.. Looking at the manual (which doesn't include a diagram ) it looks like the counts of rings definitely don't match up. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram for the rings or maybe some close up pictures?

Thanks!

1 week later
#41 9 years ago

Here's a shot of mine:
RG-rings.jpgRG-rings.jpg

#42 9 years ago

Thanks!

1 week later
#43 9 years ago

The design is superb... It really feels like High Speed, but with big steps forward...

Rollergames has most of my favorite things:

* DOUBLE re-rippable spinner orbits
* inner orbit shot
* sweepable drop bank
* 3 (or 4) flippers

Only design change I'd make if I were there in 1989 with Williams would be to make the top-3 standup bank be drops so you'd have a second sweepable drop bank (as in Space Shuttle/Space Station). I'm kinda ok with the stand-ups on the lower PF that add speed.

Unfortunately, I could never in a million years get past the art/theme/music. I'll dream up a re-theme up for it some day.

Anyone know how many were made?
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2006

-mof

#44 9 years ago

If I were to change one thing it woudl be to have an actual skillshot and it is a shame the game does not since there are SO many possibilities. 3 possible ramp exit plunges, soft plunge to the SKATE targets, and even the possibility for a combo ramp plunge to left orbit to wall ramp combo. New code could do great things with this game! I already loev it but it could be even better!

#45 9 years ago

I probably change it so that all three balls don't get released at the same time during multiball. Sometimes I lose one in the right outlane because they are all close together.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I probably change it so that all three balls don't get released at the same time during multiball. Sometimes I lose one in the right outlane because they are all close together.

adjust your right inline wireform and you can fix this. If the balls exit cleanly into the inlane then they should not get bunched up and then the last one backpedal out teh outlane.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

adjust your right inline wireform and you can fix this. If the balls exit cleanly into the inlane then they should not get bunched up and then the last one backpedal out teh outlane.

Yep. On taxi and Diner I have mine flared out so they drop faster and lose less momentum. Diner is perfect and loses 0% on the left ramp shot during release.
-mof

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

adjust your right inline wireform

Any tips on how exactly to adjust it? It looks like it's setup correctly to me. I'm not sure what I should change.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Can one of you guys give me a picture of the pop bumper area shown in my pic? It looks like the rings on mine are not in the correct locations as the ball sometimes gets stuck in there. I'm wondering what the correct layout it supposed to be. Thanks!
2014-11-25 15.22.29.jpg 174 KB

Whoops Tell me the sizes, I may have a bunch at home. I can bring them to L&G tomorrow. Looks like a 1.25" and 1.75" maybe?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Any tips on how exactly to adjust it? It looks like it's setup correctly to me. I'm not sure what I should change.

Bottom two legs should flare out good. Take a pic how it is now from directly above, and then flare them out 5' more and see if that helps the ball drop better/quicker. If not, put 'em back.
-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rock-rock-rockin-rollergames-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.