IMG_6002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5998 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2084 (resized).jpeg
Tomb (resized).jpg
IMG_5955 (resized).jpeg
There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 72 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Spaceman is awful. I think Adam Sandler nuts got blasted by electromagnet radiation.

yeah ... it doesn't look great - anybody else watch it?

#352 72 days ago

Wonka was pretty good, much better than I expected

Ricky Stanicky has some moments, but it was eh..................

#353 72 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Ricky Stanicky has some moments, but it was eh..................

I watched Wonka the other night. Something was off about it. You could see the joke being set up, it usually wasn't funny, and they would milk it too long.....scrub, scrub

#354 72 days ago

When the trailer hit, I thought "Come on, leave this film alone.. a prequel really?". Then I watched it, it was pretty enjoyable. It did have its moments of "no way that could work", but you can say the same about the original film. You did have to admire that no matter how much life sucked and tried to keep him down, he pressed on with his dream and stayed positive. Timothée Chalamet really played that character well.

#355 66 days ago

Super Mario Bros movie was pretty good (and would make a great pinball theme).

#356 66 days ago

I watched Damsel on Netflix last night. Predictable but safe for the whole family. I'm usually the first to complain about a movie being to long, but this one was too short. An extra 30 minutes of character development would have gone a long way.

#357 66 days ago

Madam Webb, despite being terrible, is kind of a fun watch. The dialog is so stiff and wooden, Dakota Johnson's performance feels like she hates every line, the plot is absurd, Sidney Sweeney, and it's epic box-office flop all make it instant camp.

Argyle, on the other hand, is just unwatchable. I tried twice and it just makes you nauseous.

#358 66 days ago

Not the best but definitely worth a watch it’s got an ‘Ozark’ feel to it. This movie is a copycat of the Cohen brothers a drug dealer caper on Netflix.

#359 65 days ago

Poor Things - was odd but very good
went into it assuming was going to hate it and turn it off, but i did enjoy it
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#360 65 days ago

Poor Things - was odd but very good
went into it assuming was going to hate it and turn it off, but i did enjoy it
[quoted image]

I thought it started slow but got better and better as it went. It was very funny.

#361 65 days ago

The Holdovers is really good!

#362 65 days ago

yeah ... it doesn't look great - anybody else watch it?

I really enjoyed Spaceman. You gotta be in a contemplative state of mind

#363 64 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Not the best but definitely worth a watch it’s got an ‘Ozark’ feel to it. This movie is a copycat of the Cohen brothers a drug dealer caper on Netflix.

Yeah, definitely not the best! Turned off 10 minutes in.

#364 64 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yeah, definitely not the best! Turned off 10 minutes in.

I almost turned it off, but after 20 minutes it goes back in time to the 80s and Vince Vaughn’s character really takes over. He’s laid back playing his usual cool ‘baby’ character.

#365 64 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I thought it started slow but got better and better as it went. It was very funny.

agree, was also surprised by the amount of nudity and sex - didn't expect that at all

#366 62 days ago

I watched The Iron Claw last night,it was pretty good and not what I expected.

#367 62 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I watched The Iron Claw last night,it was pretty good and not what I expected.

i loved it, for the 80's vibe it captured so perfectly and the story was powerful and Zac really surprised me with a great performance.

#368 62 days ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I really enjoyed Spaceman. You gotta be in a contemplative state of mind

Send me some shrooms and change my mind.

#369 60 days ago

I watched the new Road House movie so you don’t have to.

I liked the original movie a lot, watched it a few months back.

The new one wasn’t horrible but it’s not good. If you’re a super fan of unrealistic fights and action like the new Fast and Furious films you might actually enjoy this.

One scene in the beginning of the film kind of sums it up. Dalton is minding his own business and some guy aggressively walks up to him and stabs him in the abdomen. Dalton grabs the guys arm, looks at the guy and says something like “Are you sure you thought this all through?” And the guy runs away leaving Dalton with a knife sticking out of his abdomen which he removes and puts on some duck tape to stop the bleeding.

I’m a big fan of Post Malone so he was probably the highlight of the film.

#370 60 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I watched the new Road House movie so you don’t have to.
I liked the original movie a lot, watched it a few months back but got the first time in decades.
The new one wasn’t horrible but it’s not good. If you’re a super fan of unrealistic fights and action like you’d see in the new Fast and Furious films you might actually enjoy this.
One scene in the beginning of the film kind of sums it all up. Dalton is minding his own business and some guy walks up to him and stabs him in the abdomen. Dalton just looks at the guy and says something like “Are you sure you thought this all through?” And the guy reconsiders his opinions and runs away leaving Dalton with a knife sticking out of his abdomen which he removes and puts on some duck tape.

I watched it last night also. Basically he goes to a bar as a head bouncer and that was enough to call it a reboot. I had hoped it would have been better. If you want to watch an action/fight movie go ahead, but it has none of the magical cheesiness of the original. "JCPenny is coming here because of me!"-Brad Wesley

#371 57 days ago

Just watched two foreign films, both have been critically acclaimed.

Society of the Snow (Netflix) and Anatomy of a Fall (Hulu). Both were ok to watch but I'd NEVER watch them again, they are both too long and slow. Both are interesting and thought provoking but I am not recommending either one unless you are into long slow movies.

Society of the snow is a true story of a plane crash where the survivors lasted 71 days in the snow and it seemed like the movie lasted almost as long. I just about gave up on it but wanted to see how they got rescued in the end.

Anatomy of a fall is a courtroom murder trial and I thought it would have some type of got-ya moment but it just kind of ended on a whimper.

Had to re-watch Brawl in cellblock 99 to cleanse my pallet. It’s not bad, I really like prison movies. Don Johnson has a nice role as the villain.

#372 51 days ago

I just watched 2 movies on Hulu I’ll give my rating 1-4 stars.

‘The Retirement plan’
1.5 stars.
This is a Nicholas Cage vehicle spin on the old retired washed up assassin who needs to protect his family. I kind of like this genre style with ‘Taken’ as one of the better options. This movie is not on that league it has a TV movie feel the acting and special effects are on par with freshman film school.

Nick Cage seems to be popping up in a dozen new movies he is making 2-3 movies every year without any hesitation if it’s a good or bad movie. This one is bad but it has some funny moments and was short enough to make it pass quickly. You’ll see some other over the hill stars like Ron Perlman and Ernie Hudson.

IMG_5953 (resized).pngIMG_5953 (resized).png

#373 51 days ago

Also on Hulu

‘The Salvation’
2.5 stars
This is a revenge western with a Danish twist. The two main protagonists are Danish ex-military who settled in the US west and run afoul of the bad guy(Jeffrey Dean Morgan) trying to drive everyone out for big oil interests. The main star is Mads Mikkelsen.

I thought this was going to be better that it was, but I’ve seen this same plot so many times and this was just another one. Average but well done, my main criticism was besides the main bad guy the rest were unmemorable cannon fodder.

Worth a watch but don’t expect too much.

IMG_5951 (resized).jpegIMG_5951 (resized).jpeg

#374 51 days ago

Also watched the Jennifer Lawrence movie ‘No hard feelings’ on Netflix it is a comedy but I didn’t like it much at all. Was billed as having ‘the nude scene’ but to me it wasn’t worth watching much at all, wish I had that 100 minutes of my life back. Was supposed to be funny take on ‘Failure to Launch’ but the age difference and the guys reluctance made it a bit creepy to me.

This was like ‘The Graduate’ if you mixed in ‘American Pie’ type of humor. Trying for both, it misses on both.

1 star.

IMG_5955 (resized).jpegIMG_5955 (resized).jpeg

#375 51 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Just watched two foreign films, both have been critically acclaimed.
Society of the Snow (Netflix) and Anatomy of a Fall (Hulu). Both were ok to watch but I'd NEVER watch them again, they are both too long and slow. Both are interesting and thought provoking but I am not recommending either one unless you are into long slow movies.
Society of the snow is a true story of a plane crash where the survivors lasted 71 days in the snow and it seemed like the movie lasted almost as long. I just about gave up on it but wanted to see how they got rescued in the end.
Anatomy of a fall is a courtroom murder trial and I thought it would have some type of got-ya moment but it just kind of ended on a whimper.
Had to re-watch Brawl in cellblock 99 to cleanse my pallet. It’s not bad, I really like prison movies. Don Johnson has a nice role as the villain.

Agree, we just watched Anatomy of the Fall - kept thinking: Who watches this movie and thinks it should be nominated for a Oscar?
Do not recommend it

#376 51 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched 2 movies on Hulu I’ll give my rating 1-4 stars.
‘The Retirement plan’
1.5 stars.
This is a Nicholas Cage vehicle spin on the old retired washed up assassin who needs to protect his family. I kind of like this genre style with ‘Taken’ as one of the better options. This movie is not on that league it has a TV movie feel the acting and special effects are on par with freshman film school.
Nick Cage seems to be popping up in a dozen new movies he is making 2-3 movies every year without any hesitation if it’s a good or bad movie. This one is bad but it has some funny moments and was short enough to make it pass quickly. You’ll see some other over the hill stars like Ron Perlman and Ernie Hudson.
[quoted image]

He's gotta pay for those dinosaur bones somehow

#377 51 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was just looking at his filmography, some years he did 6 movies.

#378 51 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

To be fair some of his purchases were solid investments, like picking out that cemetery plot.

Tomb (resized).jpgTomb (resized).jpg
#379 48 days ago

This movie was good fun. Almost Everything a horror movie should be, to me. My favorite book by Stephen king. Number two movie was ???
This one made me fell good about the franchise. Horror fans this is great. Others fans, maybe.
IMG_2084 (resized).jpegIMG_2084 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2086 (resized).jpegIMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
#380 48 days ago

Leave the World Behind, Netflix.
Absolutely plausible.

#381 47 days ago

‘On the line’ Mel Gibson is a cranky radio shock jock who gets terrorized by a psycho caller. The twist at the end actually made it wrap up worse, some people may like it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

#382 47 days ago

IMG_5961 (resized).jpegIMG_5961 (resized).jpeg‘The little things’ (Netflix) this was really disappointing to me because I usually love Danzel Washington and he was ok in this but a little pudgy. It’s a serial killer vs cop (cat and mouse) like ‘the bone collector’ and I was thinking of ‘Seven’ which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Let me describe this as a rip off of Seven but in the most candy-ass way possible. It’s almost like they were trying to copy that movie but just said how can we make it a lot lamer?

#383 44 days ago

Dumb Money was entertaining

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#384 44 days ago

Dumb Money was entertaining[quoted image]

Really liked this one!!!

#385 44 days ago

I finally watched something I enjoyed enough to recommend. I only recommend it if you enjoy documentary style shows. The making of We are the World was good. I couldn't care less about most of the artist, but seeing how they had to manage 40+ musicians was interesting.
I will also say I am a big fan of the Breaking the Band series narrated by Dee Syder. One of the best episodes was The Spice Girls, and that is one of the last groups I would listen to.

#386 44 days ago

We recently watched The Platform. I liked it except for the ending, it leaves you hanging. I have read they are making a part 2, and that would be great.

#387 44 days ago

New Roadhouse,If its free and you have nothing else
go ahead watch it.A couple of good laughs out of Conor McGregor.
dont expect much and you will still be disappointed.

#388 42 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

expect much and you will still be disappointed.

Yep. That’s so true.

It seems the Hollywood backlash against masculinity (the me too movement) means we’re not allowed to have attractive female showing any skin. All the women are boss babes or blue haired feminists.

#389 42 days ago

I’ve been on something of a slump trying to find something great but this was only just ok.

Spike Lee’s ‘Inside man’ stars Danzel Washington and Clive Owen with Jody Foster and Willem DeFoe (wasted in a tiny role). It’s a bank robbery movie but manages to be too long and boring with a social narrative (rich white men are bad). It’s only ok if you love Danzel Washington movies, he’s brilliant in this as his usual charming and smart police detective. Everything else is meh (imo of course).

Four stars for Denzel and his wardrobe.
Two stars overall.

IMG_5998 (resized).jpegIMG_5998 (resized).jpeg

#390 42 days ago

Finally a movie that I liked (lower case like). Don’t expect too much tho.

It’s called Sweet Virginia. On Hulu I believe.

I didn’t watch the credits at the end so I’m going to go rewatch that because it’s got The Rolling Stones song of the same name. I swear to god I didn’t know the film was set in Alaska. Maybe I missed something like the newspaper or a license plate or maybe it was never explained, to me it was just set in a small town. Apparently it was supposed to be set in or around Virginia mountains but they changed the location for whatever reason but kept the name for the movie. But two characters are from Virginia.

Anyway it’s a lowkey murder for hire film where every character is dumber than the next one.

It’s saved by a great performance of Jon Bernthal who’s always good as his usual scruffy no ambition character.

It’s dark and moody and not much happens except for the beginning and end but it’s ok for fans of murder for hire films.

The picture below is about what you can expect from the film for the most part.

2.5 stars.

IMG_6002 (resized).jpegIMG_6002 (resized).jpeg

#391 42 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Spike Lee’s ‘Inside man’

It's been a few years but I really enjoyed this one as a solid heist caper! There's a little social commentary peppered in but I didn't find it too ham-fisted compared to some stuff you see. Spike Lee still knew how to make a movie as of 2006.

#392 42 days ago

All Quiet on the Western Front. It's on Netflix, won 4 Academy Awards.

#393 42 days ago

On another note my wife and I went out to the theater this past Saturday to see Ghostbusters Frozen Empire. The number of people talking loudly and on their phones during the movie was astounding, it ruined the movie. We've had this happen before but not this bad.

Afterwards my wife and I talked about how we don't care to go to the theater again. We have a pretty nice projector setup at home and rather just wait for movies to be available on iTunes for rent or somewhere to stream. Can't believe I'm saying that as I used to love going to the theater but people have sadly ruined it with obnoxious behavior.

#394 42 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On another note my wife and I went out to the theater this past Saturday to see Ghostbusters Frozen Empire. The number of people talking loudly and on their phones during the movie was astounding, it ruined the movie. We've had this happen before but not this bad.
Afterwards my wife and I talked about how we don't care to go to the theater again. We have a pretty nice projector setup at home and rather just wait for movies to be available on iTunes for rent or somewhere to stream. Can't believe I'm saying that as I used to love going to the theater but people have sadly ruined it with obnoxious behavior.

I haven’t been to the theater since Top Gun Maverick. Too much good stuff streaming for me to bother with the hassle of going to a theater.

#395 42 days ago
Quoted from rai:

great performance of Jon Bernthal who’s always good

I just saw that he's coming back as The Punisher this year in a Daredevil series, really looking forward to it!

#396 42 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Me and my girl picked 2 seats in the back corner of a nearly
empty theater,This jackass comes and sits right beside me
There were like 50 empty seats.

#397 42 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Everytime we go to the movies, we get reminded why we don't go to the movies

#398 42 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The number of people talking loudly and on their phones during the movie was astounding, it ruined the movie. We've had this happen before but not this bad.

I normally yell “shut the fuck up!” It works great, at home.

#399 42 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t been to the theater since

I haven't been to the theater since 2010, when a girlfriend wanted to go see Grown Ups. Before that I hadn't been to the theater since 1986, when I took a date to see Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

Back in the 70's I went to the theater a lot though, there used to be one with 3 screens in walking distance.

#400 42 days ago

Dumb Money was entertaining[quoted image]

Thanks for reminding me....Just watched it, pretty good (even though the wife lasted 20min).... Like the nurse, I also held too long on GME.

There are 433 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recommend-a-good-movie-to-stream-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.