(Topic ID: 344655)

RadCal pulling off of Hobbit

By DHG

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4ECCDB5-9AA3-498A-A286-FF5971219C81 (resized).jpeg
    6996F306-5FDB-4073-B5C1-3B9C128DC89C (resized).png
    Hobbit (resized).jpg
    #1 7 months ago

The RadCal on my Hobbit is pulling off on one side. Not horribly bad... would probably be a lot worse if the flipper button and leg wasn't holding it on.
    Any thought on the best way to get this to stick again? If I push it on it sticks for a brief time then comes back off. What should I use for an adhesive?

Hobbit (resized).jpgHobbit (resized).jpg
    #2 7 months ago

any of the spray adhesives you buy at walmart or home depot will work great. just make sure not to get any on the outside of decals. thats what they use on pool table cloths, so it's pretty permanent.

#3 7 months ago
    Quoted from DHG:

The RadCal on my Hobbit is pulling off on one side. Not horribly bad... would probably be a lot worse if the flipper button and leg wasn't holding it on.
    Any thought on the best way to get this to stick again? If I push it on it sticks for a brief time then comes back off. What should I use for an adhesive?
    [quoted image]

I would ad to raise the pin.
    Remove leg and flipper button.
    Odds are its loose at bottom to.
    To prevent any over spray. Buy a throw away paint brush, spray the brush outside and then walk in and apply on back.

#4 7 months ago

I’d just put some 1/2” or so double-sided hobby tape along the two outside edges. It’s only as thick as the adhesive itself. Can’t remember the maker offhand, but the stuff I use is surprisingly strong. Believe 3M makes a similar product.

#5 7 months ago

You want the super thin double sided tape so it doesn't add any gap under the radcal. 3m 467MP would probably do a really good job.

#6 7 months ago

I think the tape is a good idea. 3M makes thin bonding tape such as adhesive transfer tape, very thin foam VHB tape, etc. It would be cleaner and neater than the spray adhesive.

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

I think the tape is a good idea. 3M makes thin bonding tape such as adhesive transfer tape, very thin foam VHB tape, etc. It would be cleaner and neater than the spray adhesive.

This is what I would do as well. I've used the thin 3M tape on many things with good success.

#8 7 months ago

This stuff is really strong. Don’t let the fact it’s marketed for crafts fool you. It has plenty of holding power as long as you’re not purposefully trying to pull off.

6996F306-5FDB-4073-B5C1-3B9C128DC89C (resized).png6996F306-5FDB-4073-B5C1-3B9C128DC89C (resized).png
    #9 7 months ago

You could also use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the radcal which will heat the adhesive which should become sticky again.

#10 7 months ago

Thanks for all the replies guys.
    Although I have some spray adhesive I think I'll get some tape and try that first since there wont be any chance of making a mess that way.
    The heat gun idea isn't bad but I would just be concerned that if I hit for just that one second too long that I could permanently damage that Radcal.

#11 7 months ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

This stuff is really strong. Don’t let the fact it’s marketed for crafts fool you. It has plenty of holding power as long as you’re not purposefully trying to pull off.
    [quoted image]

Sookwang? That's what they used to call me in highschool.

#12 7 months ago

#13 7 months ago

D4ECCDB5-9AA3-498A-A286-FF5971219C81 (resized).jpegD4ECCDB5-9AA3-498A-A286-FF5971219C81 (resized).jpeg

#14 7 months ago

Ya two sided tape would be safe too try first

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radcal-pulling-off-of-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.