Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210324-161038_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210324-161053_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I hate asking, but I simply don't have a more current Mr. Pinball PG nor do I follow current prices on Bally titles:
I'm looking at a 1990 Bally Pool Sharks for $1,500 - does that sound about right for this game in the current pricing environment? It's a low production number title, and a Sys11C. Game is in overall good condition but has been mostly unplayed more recently and it does need a good cleaning up. Thanks for any advice!

#2 3 years ago

If the playfield is in good shape and the boards are clean that is a pretty solid price. The real question should be how much do you like the game? Pin pricing is nuts right now, so if there is a system 11 game sitting at $1,500 that should be a good indicator of what you're looking at when you go to sell it if you decide you don't want it.

If you know you like the game it's a good price if the condition is solid.

#3 3 years ago

That's in the ballpark, though it's one of the less sought-after System 11s. $1500 is a little high if it's unshopped in my opinion (I'd push for $1100 or thereabouts) but like everybody says you can't exactly just order these games out of a catalogue so it's up to you.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's in the ballpark, though it's one of the less sought-after System 11s. $1500 is a little high if it's unshopped in my opinion (I'd push for $1100 or thereabouts) but like everybody says you can't exactly just order these games out of a catalogue so it's up to you.

Thanks, Levi. I did look and the run was just 2,500 units. That surprised me a bit for an 11C (less than Diner) but maybe they knew it wouldn't be a real hit right out of the box too, LOL!

#5 3 years ago

It's not a terrible game, it's kinda amusing with the talking shark, and it's got a lot to shoot at with the drops and ramps, and a nice mirrored backglass with plenty of 90s chick side boob. Only problem is the ruleset is probably one of the most repetitive of the era, you basically just do the same thing over and over again (shoot the drops, shoot the two side shots to light the hurry up. sometimes a jackpot just gets lit somehow but that kinda seems to just happen).

I got tired of mine in a matter of days (I believe I paid $1350 for a nice one that was clean, shopped, and LEDd).

#6 3 years ago

1500 for one is high. It is an ok game, but dated art, single ball play. It just is not an easy sale even with todays high prices. Some joker has a basket case up on fb right now for 1900.

#7 3 years ago

Check the machine for fade, and broken plastics. You can get new slings and the center drop plastic from the guys in Europe but that is it. Check the ramps as well. It has 2 different modes 8 ball and 9 ball. They don't play the same as some suggest. You can setup 9 ball to be pretty difficult to hold your interest in the game longer. The sound and music are good, and the art is fun with the mirrored real glass backglass and classic 90's colors.

#8 3 years ago

The way prices are going , you better grab it!! The price is right in line.

#9 3 years ago

If its nice $1400, maybe a little less if not so nice. Sold mine for around $1100 I think. Had some cabinet iffyness.

The hot side boob didnt really jive with my collection. The game was fun though. Good intro to the System.

#10 3 years ago

Here's a smokin deal for ya hes only been asking this price for 6 months now

Screenshot_20210324-161038_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210324-161038_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210324-161053_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210324-161053_CPlus for Craigslist (resized).jpg
#11 3 years ago

I've played pool sharks a few times and its kinda fun actually. I'd have one for awhile at $1500 if it was decent shape

#12 3 years ago

Install Søren’s modified rom and its a cool tournament game.

Rom
- fixes jackpot at 1m at the start of each ball, increased by switch hits
- starts the game as 9 ball every time
- eliminates extra balls from random awards

Can’t remember what else he did.
I was throwing ideas at him at the time. He’s helped with all the tournament roms I have in the SYS11 World Champs.

It’s such a cool game, I now have 2!

rd

PS - to get the jackpot, you need to do three things - light the 3 top lanes, complete all the drops, and complete the three side targets. Jackpot lights at the shark.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Install Søren’s modified rom and its a cool tournament game.
Rom
- fixes jackpot at 1m at the start of each ball, increased by switch hits
- starts the game as 9 ball every time
- eliminates extra balls from random awards
Can’t remember what else he did.
I was throwing ideas at him at the time. He’s helped with all the tournament roms I have in the SYS11 World Champs.
It’s such a cool game, I now have 2!
rd
PS - to get the jackpot, you need to do three things - light the 3 top lanes, complete all the drops, and complete the three side targets. Jackpot lights at the shark.

I've had this pin for ages...this is the 1st time I've heard of this.

Do you have a link?

#14 3 years ago

Man I want one bad, only system 11 I haven’t played.

Good luck, I love the theme for some reason I couldn’t explain.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Do you have a link?

Doubtful. We will have to wait until all his roms are listed on planetary pinball for sale.

I bought my really nice pool sharks with some leg decal wrinkles for 1650 in early 2020.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It’s around.

rd

#17 3 years ago

I have one that comes with a long winded purchase story but I'll save that for another day with today's crazy prices that price is reasonable and if you can get it cheaper that's even better

#18 3 years ago

You guys are all awesome for the helpful advice, thanks so much!
I appreciated it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-advice-bally-pool-sharks- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.