smog yelp (resized).jpg
IMG_5151 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7987 (resized).JPG
Pit Stop lighted (resized).jpg
DSCN8301 (resized).JPG
IMG_4104 (resized).jpeg
4BaggerSetup (resized).jpg
4Bagger3 (resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 months ago

A few years back I needed some cash and sold O-din my 4 Bagger and Skill Roll. Skill Roll didn't tickle his fancy. So during better times he sold it back to me. Awesome! Glad to have it back. It can never leave again.

Here's the killer though. He found this 4 Bagger at the local auction a couple months back. He bought it, shopped it and told me I could have it. What!? I just had to pay the shipping. So that's what I did and it arrived today. If you have ever played one of his games you know they are tuned to perfection. Thanks buddy!

Sometimes controversial, often hilarious and undoubtedly generous. A truer friend one could never have. What a legend.

4Bagger3 (resized).jpg4Bagger3 (resized).jpg4BaggerSetup (resized).jpg4BaggerSetup (resized).jpg

#2 10 months ago

O-din is good people! I still chat with him via email now and then.

#3 10 months ago

He can be a sweet and apparently generous guy. I can't really say I miss getting carpet-bombed by right-wing memes in my email but if he just wants to say hi I'm always happy to hear from him.

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He can be a sweet and apparently generous guy. I can't really say I miss getting carpet-bombed by right-wing memes in my email but if he just wants to say hi I'm always happy to hear from him.

I’m happy to carpet bomb you while he’s away.

Many reasons to love that guy!

#5 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m happy to carpet bomb you while he’s away.
Many reasons to love that guy!

Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
#ProjecttriggerLevi
Wish we could bring Odin back

#6 10 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!
#ProjecttriggerLevi

#cargument CrazyLevi

#7 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

A few years back I needed some cash and sold O-din my 4 Bagger and Skill Roll. Skill Roll didn't tickle his fancy. So during better times he sold it back to me. Awesome! Glad to have it back. It can never leave again.
Here's the killer though. He found this 4 Bagger at the local auction a couple months back. He bought it, shopped it and told me I could have it. What!? I just had to pay the shipping. So that's what I did and it arrived today. If you have ever played one of his games you know they are tuned to perfection. Thanks buddy!
Sometimes controversial, often hilarious and undoubtedly generous. A truer friend one could never have. What a legend.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That game looks sweet man!

#8 10 months ago

I miss his knowledge and appreciation of the oldies. He once did a write-up on Jack 'n Jill -- a seemingly simple game from 1948 that was made about 5 minutes after electrical flippers were invented -- that went deeper than 99% of the average opinions on modern pins. Or maybe I've mythologized it in my head a little over the years, but I remember having a few "oh damn!" moments while reading it.

#9 10 months ago

Tell him hey for me! He made a generous trade with me years ago: My beat San Francisco for his nice Teacher's Pet. Still have that game and play it all the time. One of the best and hardest ems ever.

Totes jelly of that 4 Bagger! I just picked up a Shortstop I'm trying to get working!

O-Din reminded me of a right wing Dude. He answered the door in his bathrobe and told me to go play some games in the garage while he got coffee going.

And the guest bedroll under Big Daddy was real.

Mark

#10 10 months ago

Came here expecting some bad shit (title can be a bit misleading) but all is good again, nice.

#11 10 months ago

A picture says 1000 words …

rd

IMG_4104 (resized).jpegIMG_4104 (resized).jpeg
#12 10 months ago

Be sure to leave him a good review on Yelp.

#13 10 months ago

Very cool Alex. I will have to make the drive over to your place and play a few games with you. It has been awhile. Very nice O-din did that for you.

#14 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats - quite the pitch and bat!

And o-din is quite the dude too! I miss his contributions to Pinside.

#15 10 months ago

Odin was always based.

#16 10 months ago

Just bring o-din back to Pinside and make him a Moderator. Done.

#17 10 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Odin was always based.

I had to look that up. "courageous, original, and unaffected by common culture." Absolutely!

#18 10 months ago

Hes the man!

#19 10 months ago

He - Man , master of his Universe

#20 10 months ago

He ususally had some interesting insights. I liked his stories aboot the car repair shop he worked at.

#21 10 months ago

I wonder if his disdain for leaf blowers still persist?

I miss his postings.

#22 10 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I wonder if his disdain for leaf blowers still persist?
I miss his postings.

Hangovers and leaf blowers don’t mix !!

#23 10 months ago

I'm fairly certain he didn't get his flu shot.

#24 10 months ago

I’ve only met and played his games once. The dude is awesome. Made me feel right at home, super laxed. And his games look and played amazing.

If memory serves me accurately, he traded his RBION to a friend of mine for a few grand in which my friend traded it to me for a few grand in which I eventually traded it back to ODIN for a few grand (same price in all transactions). Funny how the hobby works sometimes. ODIN is a good dude for sure.

#25 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can never just say something nice without adding shade. Lol.

And when it’s politic driven, Iceman44 always slides in for a debate.

I guess that’s what makes Pinside, Pinside.

1 week later
#26 9 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm fairly certain he didn't get his flu shot.

no he didn't.

But he'd "like to thank pinside for their support and some of the best friends he's ever had."

1 month later
#27 8 months ago

At least I ended up with the good one.

And a brand new Shay real backglass.

DSCN8301 (resized).JPGDSCN8301 (resized).JPG
#28 8 months ago

I have no complaints. Loving mine a ton. Thanks buddy!

#30 8 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:I have no complaints. Loving mine a ton. Thanks buddy!

Yeah, it was tough deciding which one to keep.

Quoted from DK:

Stars
F yeah

And Nine Ball to the right of that. Super fun game. Can't figure out why so many could never make it work right. It took a few tweaks for sure.

#31 7 months ago

While I was gone, I only found two threads on the internet worth posting on. And this was one of them.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2015/07/06/anaheim-california-1960s-2

#32 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, it was tough deciding which one to keep.

And Nine Ball to the right of that. Super fun game. Can't figure out why so many could never make it work right. It took a few tweaks for sure.

I've got a buddy with a stellar collection of modern pins. I gravitate toward his Stars, Nine Ball, Beatles, and Bond 60th (all lined up next to each other).

#33 7 months ago

O-din,

This wonderful machine would never have been on my radar if it weren't for your posts over the years. Thank you.
Pit Stop lighted (resized).jpgPit Stop lighted (resized).jpg

Take care,
Brent

#34 7 months ago

Glad you're back, o-din!

E

#35 7 months ago
Quoted from bcarter1234:

O-din,
This wonderful machine would never have been on my radar if it weren't for your posts over the years. Thank you.
[quoted image]
Take care,
Brent

Thanks. Yours looks beautiful and I've still got mine and we play it all the time. It is probably the most competitive two player I've ever owned with a perfect layout, look, and feel. The bells sound real good on this one as well.

Took a few years after I had it to figure out that I had actually played it in a local donut shop when I was a little kid because no other machine could fit the bill of what I remembered about it.

#36 7 months ago

O-din you make me feel cool for liking EMs, and I thank you for that!

#37 7 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

O-din you make me feel cool for liking EMs, and I thank you for that!

Well, you'll never make much of a profit on them, but there are a lot of different ones to try out for sure. And they are fun to work on once you figure them out.

My Pit Stop came from a silent auction Dave at the Pinball Forever museum put on when he was liquidating his inventory. There were a lot to choose from, but that one really caught my eye even though it was set up seriously leaning to the left. It had history as it was the owner of Rhino records personal machine for years.

And since then I've only seen one other Pit Stop for sale in the area at the Banning museum, and it was also seriously leaning to the left. Must be a thing with this machine. But it did fetch good money. Way more than I paid. I was cheering it on.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/19510

#38 7 months ago

o-din

Welcome back! You were missed by many.

#39 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

... And since then I've only seen one other Pit Stop for sale in the area at the Banning museum, and it was also seriously leaning to the left. Must be a thing with this machine. But it did fetch good money. Way more than I paid. I was cheering it on.
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/19510

Man, those Banning auction prices were ... something else.

Pit Stop artwork looks cool! Classic EM looks I recall from first playing pinball as a kid.

#40 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Man, those Banning auction prices were ... something else.
Pit Stop artwork looks cool! Classic EM looks I recall from first playing pinball as a kid.

But Pit Stop was the big Saturday night winner out of all the EMs there. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

#41 7 months ago

Odin comes back to pinside and my first EM lands at the shipping depot a few days later.

Coincidence? I think not!

#42 7 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've got a buddy with a stellar collection of modern pins. I gravitate toward his Stars, Nine Ball, Beatles, and Bond 60th (all lined up next to each other).

Lucky duck!

#43 7 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Lucky duck!

Um yeah. This Nine Ball was a lot of work but turned out real nice. Original playfield and backglass. I did get score cards for it after this pic was taken.
DSCN7987 (resized).JPGDSCN7987 (resized).JPG

#44 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Just bring o-din back to Pinside and make him a Moderator. Done.

Every time I wear socks and sandals I think of @o-din.
God bless him and his hard work with pinball footwear.
IMG_5151 (resized).jpegIMG_5151 (resized).jpeg

#45 7 months ago

The whole time you were gone, we were like....

smog yelp (resized).jpgsmog yelp (resized).jpg

#46 7 months ago
Screenshot_20230929_000647_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20230929_000647_Firefox.jpg
#47 7 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Every time I wear socks and sandals I think of o-din.
God bless him and his hard work with pinball footwear.
[quoted image]

Every time I fire up my backpack leaf blower I think of o-din!

#48 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

He ususally had some interesting insights. I liked his stories aboot the car repair shop he worked at.

Yes as a throwback reference in case anyone didn't get it: the pic I posted above is the actual girl who gave Odin the negative review at the smog shop. This was because he could not get the hood open, and he told her she had to do it as he wasn't allowed. Then she asked to borrow his screwdriver and he said no that also is not allowed (this why she is holding her screwdriver in the pic). So she wrote a long rant about Odin on Yelp. It was pretty funny.

#49 7 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:Every time I fire up my backpack leaf blower I think of o-din!

Well, the leaf blowers have consolidated here to Wednesday morning usually after 9 AM, so things are a lot better now. I'm getting tired of dealing with my own weeds, so I almost asked them to start blowing me. I mean dealing with my weeds and cleanup.

#50 7 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yes as a throwback reference in case anyone didn't get it: the pic I posted above is the actual girl who gave Odin the negative review at the smog shop. This was because he could not get the hood open, and he told her she had to do it as he wasn't allowed. Then she asked to borrow his screwdriver and he said no that also is not allowed (this why she is holding her screwdriver in the pic). So she wrote a long rant about Odin on Yelp. It was pretty funny.

Yeah, I remember that. You're a funny guy!

Pinside_forum_4222898_1185704 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4222898_1185704 (resized).jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/o-din-can-you-believe-this-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.