Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0224.gif
    50198D5A-422C-4DE9-AD76-02FA2ED54AA2.gif
    Pinside_forum_7793040_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6915.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 months ago

What does this mean, as far as support, moving forward?

#2 6 months ago

thanks for posting! good to listen while at work.

#3 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Well you still got the CGC ticket/help desk. They are supporting older stuff like Vacation Pinball, and their video games.

You still got me.

So I wouldn't worry about support.

LTG : )

#4 6 months ago

not feasible or sellable ? WTF ?

perhaps if CGC could build them ! Cactus Canyon ,,, the last build for 2 companies now !

#5 6 months ago

Maybe they think they can do better with the independent titles they have planned for the future.

The designers named in the past on Pinside for CGC games sure sounds exciting to me.

#6 6 months ago

Just realized that video is 7 months old

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe they think they can do better with the independent titles they have planned for the future.
    The designers named in the past on Pinside for CGC games sure sounds exciting to me.

The problem with CGC is not that they don’t make a great product but they cost planetary Pinball a ton of money during the boom of Pinball the last few years with not being able to build games in mass.

#8 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

First time you didn't quell the rumors, so there may be some truth to this , who knows guess we will see!

Designers are one thing , building them is another.
    So hope they improve.

#9 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

First time you didn't quell the rumors, so there may be some truth to this ,

HaHa. Too funny.

Don't count on it.

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

First time you didn't quell the rumors, so there may be some truth to this , who knows guess we will see!
    Designers are one thing , building them is another.
    So hope they improve.

I’ve been saying they’ve lost the license for remakes for awhile and LTG usually always responds “not true”

#11 6 months ago

Thanks, what about boards and other specific CGC game parts?

Quoted from LTG:

Well you still got the CGC ticket/help desk. They are supporting older stuff like Vacation Pinball, and their video games.
    You still got me.
    So I wouldn't worry about support.

#12 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Quoted from jkashani:

Thanks, what about boards and other specific CGC game parts?

If it is like their Arcade Legends products, you're on your own when it comes to needing parts down the road. I had to convert a machine to MAME because of it. Once bitten, twice shy. I would stick to B/W on those classic titles because the boards are serviceable, and parts are abundant. You're rolling the dice with CG and that is an expensive wager.

#13 6 months ago

I kind of figured that.

Quoted from Molon_Labe:

If it is like their Arcade Legends products, you're on your own when it comes to needing parts down the road. I had to convert a machine to MAME because of it. Once bitten, twice shy. I would stick to B/W on those classic titles because the boards are serviceable, and parts are abundant. You're rolling the dice with CG and that is an expensive wager.

#14 6 months ago

'We're still in the remake business
    We should be able to remake the remakes for awHile
    There are still games we want to remake
    I'd like to even remake more games'

Brief synopsis

#15 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I kind of figured that.

Hopefully its different for the pins.

#16 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I'm sure CGC will do a decent job of supporting all the remakes they've put on the market. They are typically very good at the small stuff i.e. parts, etc

Not surprising PPS doesn't want to do business with CGC anymore. CGC is very good at the development side of the remakes, but is by far the worst in the industry at getting games out the door, and is even worse at customer communication.

#17 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

'We're still in the remake business
    We should be able to remake the remakes for awHile
    There are still games we want to remake
    I'd like to even remake more games'
    Brief synopsis

That’s what I heard as well lol.

I listened to this podcast when it came out. I didn’t take “no more remakes” from it at all. I heard “more remakes”.

But the fact that Lloyd didn’t say it wasn’t true is concerning for me!

Richard

#18 6 months ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

That’s what I heard as well lol.
    I listened to this podcast when it came out. I didn’t take “no more remakes” from it at all. I heard “more remakes”.
    But the fact that Lloyd didn’t say it wasn’t true is concerning for me!
    Richard

I want a shot at a sub 10k MMR darnit.

#19 6 months ago

This is 7 months old. And jkashani saw it already re posted on another thread. Now we need another one? At the time the rumors were that no more. This interview was to calm that down. Since then they said at least one more MMR.

#20 6 months ago

I posted it on an old thread but felt it deserved a separate thread for people to chime in on. And the proof is in the pudding, no one commented on the old thread and this is getting a very interesting comments and stimulating conversation. I deleted the post in the old thread. Despite that this is seven months old I just saw it. I hope my posting etiquette is acceptable to you now.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is 7 months old. And jkashani saw it already re posted on another thread. Now we need another one? At the time the rumors were that no more. This interview was to calm that down. Since then they said at least one more MMR.

#21 6 months ago

I wouldn't be so sure.

#22 6 months ago

maybe the only guy on the assembly line is retiring !

#23 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

lol

#24 6 months ago

This is a big nothing.

#25 6 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

This is a big nothing.

I hope so because I'm still waiting around for that final small run of MMr...

#26 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Haha! I actually laughed out loud at that one!

IMG_6915.gifIMG_6915.gif
    #27 6 months ago

Just curious.

If you had a CGC AFM that was a paperweight for whatever reason and there was no support from CGC to repair the game. How difficult would it be to change it over to a B/W clone game? New boards for the back box, rewire the lights and switches and you’re good to go? The mechs and switches would still be the same, it would just be wired differently, right?

#28 6 months ago

Well, I just bought a super nice Shadow, so I sure hope they don't remake that!

Actually, I don't care as IMO you can't beat the originals and nobody's taking any of mine.

#29 6 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just curious.
    If you had a CGC AFM that was a paperweight for whatever reason and there was no support from CGC to repair the game. How difficult would it be to change it over to a B/W clone game? New boards for the back box, rewire the lights and switches and you’re good to go? The mechs and switches would still be the same, it would just be wired differently, right?

Could be done. Handling the display would be the hardest part.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#30 6 months ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I hope so because I'm still waiting around for that final small run of MMr...

I don’t necessarily mean it indicates everything is fine (I hope for MMr, too). Just that the brief audio clip that whole video discusses is vague and doesn’t say anything much at all.

#31 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Actually, I don't care as IMO you can't beat the originals and nobody's taking any of mine.

Agreed and Congrats on the nice shadow, old friend

#32 6 months ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Could be done. Handling the display would be the hardest part.

And the light boards as opposed to sockets ?

#33 6 months ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

Agreed and Congrats on the nice shadow, old friend

Thanks G! And you should see what I've done with the place since last time you were here.

Pinside_forum_7793040_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7793040_0 (resized).jpg
    #34 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Now thats funny.....but sadly true

#35 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

And the light boards as opposed to sockets ?

Yes. Those light boards are probably all different. And while you're at it, you'll be able to install all those beautiful incandescent bulbs they scrapped for all the remakes and get rid of any excessive purple they might have also added.

#36 6 months ago

That was a nice Shadow for sure.

Quoted from o-din:

#37 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

That was a nice Shadow for sure.

Thanks!

Did you get to see it in person? It is a lot closer to you than it is to me. For now. I had to weed through a bunch of them over the last several months to pick what I thought was a winner.

But yeah, I'm as excited as kid in a candy store once again. Sorry to derail another remake thread.

#38 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks!
    Did you get to see it in person? It is a lot closer to you than it is to me. For now. I had to weed through a bunch of them over the last several months to pick what I thought was a winner.
    But yeah, I'm as excited as kid in a candy store once again. Sorry to derail another remake thread.

Have you posted pics in the Shadow thread?

#39 6 months ago

No in pics. I’m glad I did not see it in person as I may have bought it.

Quoted from o-din:

Thanks!

#40 6 months ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

No in pics. I’m glad I did not see it in person as I may have bought it

He's been great to deal with and is very meticulous and is reverting a lot of it back to stock the way I like it.

I was almost going to pass because of the distance, but pulled the trigger this morning because of him.

Quoted from Daditude:

Have you posted pics in the Shadow thread?

Not til it gets here.

#41 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks G! And you should see what I've done with the place since last time you were here. [quoted image]

You know me, always a big fan for the old school Bally/Wms games! Love, love all the classics, can’t wait to visit your place again in the future

#42 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He's been great to deal with and is very meticulous and is reverting a lot of it back to stock the way I like it.

I was almost going to pass because of the distance, but pulled the trigger this morning because of him.

Announcing TSR coming soon 2080

#43 6 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

50198D5A-422C-4DE9-AD76-02FA2ED54AA2.gif50198D5A-422C-4DE9-AD76-02FA2ED54AA2.gif
    #44 6 months ago

Lol.

Well, this is the no more remakes thread after all.

I'll still be able to get the flux capacitors or anything else to keep my original B/W games going long after they go out of business. Oh wait..

#45 6 months ago

My MMR was assembled by Stern circa 1/2017. If CGC cannot make it, maybe contract manufacturing could work again.

#46 6 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If CGC cannot make it, maybe contract manufacturing could work again.

cant see anyone leaving money on the table for remakes , sure someone will pick up the slack !

#47 6 months ago

Let's see how long it takes CGC to prove this wrong.

#48 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

TBH he's been fantastic and active on the lab threads about early issues and stuff and glad you guys were able to get this done!

#49 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks G! And you should see what I've done with the place since last time you were here. [quoted image]

That looks like a ton of fun. I love the sign man. What time will the sandwiches and chips be ready for visitors?

#50 6 months ago

I really hope cgc keeps going with the remakes….
    Their quality is so good.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-cgc-remakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.