IMG_4551 (resized).jpeg
DSCN8458 (resized).JPG
DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3054 (resized).jpg
IMG_3055 (resized).jpg
IMG_3065 (resized).jpg
CE86C092-00E7-44FE-AAC0-2D95A74457CF (resized).jpeg
71F05DE9-8E22-41E1-B14B-C11AE9D7DDF1 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.
#1 10 years ago

Not much discussion on this 90's Steve Ritchie speed demon, so I figured, why not start a club thread?

Picked mine up over the weekend. It's in nice shape, boards are all clean, playfield/translite in good shape. Could use a cleaning (I'll be pulling the subway off for sure). Just placed a parts order for a new mountain plastic and various other bits and pieces but otherwise it plays great. Put some new balls in and new flipper rubbers.

My son and I played it at Pinburgh a few weeks back and had a lot of fun with it. I had never played it before and never really looked into it much, as the theme isn't really my thing. But I was surprised to see it borrow elements from other Ritchie games like STTNG (objective select at ball launch, pre-loaded subways) and T2 (far left mystery shot, payback time for alternating ramp shots) specifically. Plus that jump ramp is just plain fun.

Pinside says there are 197 No Fear owners on the site, so join in the club!

#2 10 years ago

Oh, and the guy I got the game from didn't have the backbox key and didn't know where it was. Close call on pulling these out of the back box.

battery.jpgbattery.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Every time I think about selling mine, I play it and realize why I keep it.

It's a game right in my wheelhouse. Fast, lots of flow, and a proper orbit!

I'll join your club, sir.....

#4 10 years ago

I love when I am making shots this game feels so good....

DO IT AGAIN!

#5 10 years ago

I'm in on this club.

I was lucky to find a No Fear in incredible condition. I have a blast everytime I play it and the whole fam loves it.

#6 10 years ago

No Fear was my first DMD pin & I still have it. Bought HUO in 2000 for $1100. It sat in the dining room of a 850 square foot house for about 4 years,& now is in a game room almost that size.

#7 10 years ago

I've owned my No Fear for over 10 years now, Would never part with it.
One of the things I love about this game is that even after not playing for a while, I feel I can fire it up & achieve a new GC score anytime. Under rated Ritchie classic for sure.

#8 10 years ago

I picked mine up 3 weeks ago. Love it! It reminds me a lot of my ACDC Premium I used to own, but Faster! ACDC borrows some call outs from No Fear, & Steve doing the 'voice' sounds identical (obvious statement). I was a teenager in the '90s' & used to race dirt bikes & idolized Jeremy McGrath, so this theme is right up my alley.
One side note, this is my 1st Williams pin, & I am very impressed with the build quality on this old pin. I also love the 'custom' art work! It's Much better than photoshopping/clip art everywhere. "Again!"

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I love when I am making shots this game feels so good....
DO IT AGAIN!

The orbit shot feels a lot like the one on Johnny Mnemonic once you really get it going.

Anyone done any mods on their NF? Doesn't really feel like it needs any to me but would be interested in seeing any.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The orbit shot feels a lot like the one on Johnny Mnemonic once you really get it going.

I agree, how many orbits can you get in a row? (4 for me)
It really whips around the orbit!

Also I am kind of glad there are No Pops in this game, I mean where would they go.

How many jumps have you done in a row? (6 for me and I was super excited)

#11 10 years ago

I've lost count of the number of outer loops I've done. Many, many. Jumps, I think I've done 9 or 10.

#12 10 years ago

i'm in.

i cc'd my playfield. my first time removing and installing an entire top and bottom. good experience and now it plays brutally fast!

-jon

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've lost count of the number of outer loops I've done. Many, many. Jumps, I think I've done 9 or 10.

You get many many extra balls then!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

You get many many extra balls then!

Ya. First one is the easiest, though.

#15 10 years ago

Getting ready to leave this club sadly. It's a great game but sometimes you gotta get rid of one club to join another. I have been playing the hell out of mine before she goes.

#16 10 years ago

I'm in the club No Fear was my first game I just put new ramps on about 6 months ago from pinball inc. I just picked up a NOS translite havn't put it in yet

No Fear NOS.jpgNo Fear NOS.jpg

2nd place is the first looser.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I'm in the club No Fear was my first game I just put new ramps on about 6 months ago from pinball inc.

Do they still have the jump ramp even though it isn't listed?

#18 10 years ago

Shame there is no "Jump" champion in the high score table.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

WPC 2.0 time?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

That would be cool! Jump Grand Champion! 5 in a row is my best. Very exhilarating!
Edit: 13 consecutive loops on Jump ramp! 5/3/2014

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do they still have the jump ramp even though it isn't listed?

Try Curly Little Shop of Games.com that's where I got mine

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Try Curly Little Shop of Games.com that's where I got mine

Yeah they don;t have them listed. I already have one just wondered if they started making them again. Thanks.

#23 10 years ago

Put me in! I played the heck out of No Fear at an arcade back in '95, and I found it to be the last B/W title of that era that I really loved. The theme, the art, the music, the super fast gameplay, and the attitude suited me just fine.

I drove almost to Arizona to pick up mine, and I never regret the trip.

I tore it down, put in a new heavy duty jump ramp, cointakers throughout, waxed it and installed black rubbers to keep it playing fast and mean. Bonehead FTW!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Put me in! I played the heck out of No Fear at an arcade back in '95, and I found it to be the last B/W title of that era that I really loved. The theme, the art, the music, the super fast gameplay, and the attitude suited me just fine.

It's funny because I always say I refused to play it when it came out because of the cheese factor (I guess younger people today would have to equate "No Fear" with "Ed Hardy" of recent years).
But working in an arcade after awHile I broke down and played it and was certain(t)ly shown the error of my ways.
The sheer fact that it's ALL SHOTS is just great. I VERY rarely hit the lock shot/skydive wiht the left flipper, yet I try it all the time because the game tricks you in to thinking you can make any shot at any time.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The sheer fact that it's ALL SHOTS is just great. I VERY rarely hit the lock shot/skydive wiht the left flipper, yet I try it all the time because the game tricks you in to thinking you can make any shot at any time.

I try to play by instinct and just keep it flowing. If you stop to look or think, this game can eat you alive! Sometimes everything goes right, and I can't seem to miss, but then it will go into a lull and it's brick, brick , brick. Then I get back in the rhythm. It suits my style of play perfectly. And the music just keeps me pumped!

#26 10 years ago

Just bought 2 at almost the same time started today with 1 shop job.
Happy to join the club 

no fear.jpgno fear.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Finally a NF club!!
What I love the most about this game is the addiction it causes in my veins!
This was the game I played more in the arcades back in the 90s and it was the first game I bought. Will never sell it.

Mine is full restored and looks like new:

Meet your maker!!!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Mine is full restored and looks like new:

Slowest jump ramp in history (well other than that youtube clip kid)

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slowest jump ramp in history

It could stand to have a little extra pitch.

#30 10 years ago

It is a nice Ritchie game. I have got mine dirt cheap many years ago. A few years back I have got my second one in a package deal.

Here is a nice gameplay video (the interesting part begins at 1:12)

Post edited by rygar: Added link to video.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slowest jump ramp in history (well other than that youtube clip kid)

Quoted from rygar:

Here is a nice gameplay video (the interesting part begins at 1:12) » YouTube video

And therrrrre he is. I like to call him "old Johnny 1 magnet."

#32 10 years ago

Mine has the pitch it says in the manual

And the pinballs of others always feel slower than ours

#33 10 years ago

I have mine at 8 degrees. It's stupid.

It's so tilted forward that the front legs are on about a 3 degree angle toward the player.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And therrrrre he is. I like to call him "old Johnny 1 magnet."

The guy is a 2014 EPC champion (http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/epc2014/index.html).

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have mine at 8 degrees. It's stupid.

Not stupid. Fassssst!

#36 10 years ago

Nice! My apologize sir.
Champion Johnny 1 magnet...there's probably 2 in there

#37 10 years ago

8 degrees is insane..
will try it tomorrow

#38 10 years ago

Mine is technically set up the same way after I moved...but it must have got angry since then. Same pitch but much much faster & harder now. No real reason I can find other than possession.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No real reason I can find other than possession.

Old age can make you slower....

#40 10 years ago

When you are playing your own machine it feels so much faster....

Anyway, I hope when "they" do the wpc2.0 they put a combo counter, mode awards (like STTNG) that makes the last Superjackpot higher or something, jump champion (already said here) and a more balanced scoring. Oh and some use for the right ramp

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Oh and some use for the right ramp

Yeah not much going there.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Oh and some use for the right ramp

+1 on this. Right ramp is pretty useless as is for now.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Right ramp is pretty useless as is for now.

But it sure is fun to make. Especially backhand.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But it sure is fun to make. Especially backhand.

True, but it would be nice to get some score rewards from it

#45 10 years ago

I love mine!!!

#46 10 years ago

What are all these clubs on here? If you have the game or something, best I can guess.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

What are all these clubs on here? If you have the game or something, best I can guess.

Correct. That's why some say "All Welcome" if you don;t own it.

#48 10 years ago

So even if I rent , or in my case lease the game, I can be in the club? I can't afford maintenance on a pinball machine.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

So even if I rent , or in my case lease the game, I can be in the club? I can't afford maintenance on a pinball machine.

Sure. Or you could buy mine...no maintenance required.

#50 10 years ago

Worked on my NF some tonight and noticed how few rubbers there are on this game. Besides the flippers there's the two slingshots, a handful of post sleeves and two small rings on the post by the shooter lane. Can't be too many games with fewer rubbers than this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

There are 1,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-club-play-better and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.