Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 213.
    #5501 1 year ago

Was just typing this one, beat me to it!

#5502 1 year ago

Steers and Queers
    Lone Star Dumpster Fire

#5503 1 year ago

Could use the Texas Border Wall in the game. Use a up kicker like a oil drill rig near the upper flipper. Put cop lights on top of the head, Border Patrol. So many ideas are available. Could have a boat on the whale hunt, not shark hunt (spoof Jaws).

#5504 1 year ago

GWJ if you ordered parts each time you consumed expired meat, you'd have like 6 boxes on the way. You are 2 1/2 weeks into this "build" and you have one drop target mech sitting in a shed. Maybe by Christmas you'll finally find the screwdriver you have inevitably lost using it to flip bacon on a hot plate.

#5505 1 year ago
    Quoted from alex_m:

GWJ if you ordered parts each time you consumed expired meat, you'd have like 6 boxes on the way. You are 2 1/2 weeks into this "build" and you have one drop target mech sitting in a shed. Maybe by Christmas you'll finally find the screwdriver you have inevitably lost using it to flip bacon on a hot plate.

Still waiting on the coach for 2nd $1k USD for more parts. On beer #5 now, might stay at the shop & drink beer. Do not want a hostile wife if I take some of her suitcase of Bud beers. That is why I go to the bars by myself! Only finishing week #2

#5506 1 year ago

Just so you know, John, I went through some hard times as well. In 2008 I went through a messy divorce and the recession was strangling my business. On top of all of that, a bridge washed out on my road and they closed it, almost dooming my business. But I did what I had to do. I filed for bankruptcy and slept in the back of my store. I used a hot plate and toaster oven to make all my food. But I survived.

Now I have a good paying job and 5 unnecessary pins in my garage worth more than I made in a year back then.

I guess I just want you to know, sometimes you may think I'm busting your balls. But I have been there and I respect how you do what you have to to survive and wish you the best.

Now get this project moving lol !!

#5507 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My wife buys the deluxe frozen dinners, & a huge cooked egg fanatic. Buys the eggs precooked by the bags. She looks after herself. I did not make out well with that steak, & only got 20% of it. It was super tough! So it is out on the street, maybe some Seagulls have their last meal. Very unlikely, & nothing worse then having them shit on you. Jon Norris has many playfield plans commercial or otherwise. He can explain what he is up to, or not. On beer #3 wash done the steak. Had chips & dip earlier. Almost dark here at the workshop. Used a wooden knife tonight, broke a plastic fork.
    [quoted image]

Do you just gnarl the meat? No sides ? Why continue cooking beside flammable open paint cans and combustible flux aerosol cans

#5508 1 year ago

Could use the Texas Border Wall in the game. Use a up kicker like a oil drill rig near the upper flipper. Put cop lights on top of the head, Border Patrol. So many ideas are available. Could have a boat on the whale hunt, not shark hunt (spoof Jaws).

Love that idea for the border! . That’s a 100% given

#5509 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Love that idea for the border! . That’s a 100% given

Mexico will pay for that part.

#5511 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You just let us assume there was one this whole time?? We are collectively shocked at this revelation!

Haha thanks for the laugh tonight.

#5512 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Here's Jon Norris's FB post about another new design. Looks pretty neat https://www.facebook.com/jon.norris.9275/posts/pfbid035uPsvnNfeSyBL8vkjGesam5cFnbyShB124rnvcB2XJZHPF5L2QKTTCg6XPHAfbyvl
    [quoted image]
    The promotor in me would suggest asking Jon to next post about Title TBD 2. However, I recognize that doing so could generate additional interest in the project which could lead to more mini whales wanting to invest which could lead to John receiving more money and orders which would lead to increasing production beyond a single machine (up to 10) which is something John hopes doesn't happen. So that would be bad.

I love the inverted flipper to a ramp sinner shot concept so much

#5513 1 year ago

Brayden was told by his parents that at 24, he needed to get a job or move out of the basement. He got a job working for me. He kept saying "easy money" while I trained him. He went for lunch at noon and never came back.

Give me a hard working Mexican any day of the week that just shows up and does an honest days work. Don't understand why it's so divisive.

#5514 1 year ago

Side stepping the politics, I think a bonus ladder that looks like an oil rig or gusher would look pretty good

#5515 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Brayden was told by his parents that at 24, he needed to get a job or move out of the basement. He got a job working for me. He kept saying "easy money" while I trained him. He went for lunch at noon and never came back.

Give me a hard working Mexican any day of the week that just shows up and does an honest days work. Don't understand why it's so divisive.

Don't take the bait. There are some people who will never accept that they lost.

#5516 1 year ago
    Quoted from damageinc55:

Don't take the bait. There are some people who will never accept that they lost.

Oh We ALL lost. No “they” about it. That we can see with our own eyes

Honestly, thanks to the “Big guy” and the ridiculous Energy policies Texas and Energy shareholders win huge!!!

So thanks for that

Plenty of Oil rigs on my Texas pin.

Next round of $$$ sent to John

#5517 1 year ago

Also how long has John been using the same bottle of bbq sauce? It's been almost eight years of masking discount pork products in some sort of ironic Hanukkah like miracle.

#5518 1 year ago

I'm guessing he gets free expired stuff by the case

#5519 1 year ago

Left side of the cab will depict the city of “Keep Austin Weird”, the Texas Longorns, Hill country SXSW, Tesla, Silicon Valley south, the college my wife and I attended.

Right side of the cab, West Texas, Cowboys, Cattle, Cotton, Oil rigs and the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Lubbock, the college choice of my kids

House Divided

#5520 1 year ago

I bought a bunch of BBQ & mustard many years ago discounted. When the house got sold they were stored, & I was not a big user of them working my regular job. I had salad dressing that I did not want to risk even though it was never opened (bacon dressing). Some guys worry to much, always thought I would die on the job with the city. Water & high voltage electricity is not a good mix!
    The coach has sent the 2nd installment of $1k USD, & the blue print is now ready for pickup Wednesday morning. I will get most of the parts ordered this week. Home now beer count 8, one of the team members showed up & had 3 beers. Thanks Doug for stocking up the pop machine with some beer. I will see the guy going to do the programming later this month. The team member brought in some real shit paneling, which I will toss in the dumpster.
    I use to golf in Hill Country. Not a great player, some houses got nailed, & I broke a fence board. Always went looking for my balls in the bushes & brush since in Canada we are not use to snakes as a hazard. Always seemed to find a few balls, wonder why.

#5521 1 year ago

Packed house for this gorgeous hot Canadian at age of 57. Last show at Planet Hollywood Sat night.

7A9BA759-2830-4D76-83B6-FC97FFB5983E (resized).jpeg7A9BA759-2830-4D76-83B6-FC97FFB5983E (resized).jpeg8956163E-5C1F-4638-B6FB-ACFF533665CA (resized).jpeg8956163E-5C1F-4638-B6FB-ACFF533665CA (resized).jpeg
    #5522 1 year ago

The coach has sent the 2nd installment of $1k USD, & the blue print is now ready for pickup Wednesday morning. I will get most of the parts ordered this week.

You really think so?

#5523 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Left side of the cab will depict the city of “Keep Austin Weird”, the Texas Longorns, Hill country SXSW, Tesla, Silicon Valley south, the college my wife and I attended.
    Right side of the cab, West Texas, Cowboys, Cattle, Cotton, Oil rigs and the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Lubbock, the college choice of my kids
    House Divided

#5524 1 year ago

Of course most parts needed & another bonus mech will be ordered. Then just see if the new Fast Pinball system is ready. No one commented on the barcade video I posted days ago that I play tournaments at.

Had free popcorn when I was drinking. Many more pins then shown in the video.

#5525 1 year ago

Of course most parts needed & another bonus mech will be ordered.

Cool. Post the overall parts list?

#5526 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Cool. Post the overall parts list?

No the parts list will not be fully posted since Jon Norris fully supplied it. If he wants to post it up, he can. The blue print will show most of what is involved with the build.

#5527 1 year ago

I just keep thinking the money you could put towards higher quality food if you just reduced your daily beer count
    .... just thinking out loud
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5528 1 year ago

nonsense beer is liquid bread

During the Middle Ages where monasteries doubles as regional breweries and monks would fast during all of lent, they would brew extra heavy beers for the fasting season for the caloric intake. That's the origin of the Abbey Trappist style of ale, which use a lot of beat sugar and tend to be 8-12% ABV

#5529 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

House Divided

Some other ideas:

An ERCOT saucer. If you put the ball in there the power to the machine is cut. Art could say something like “Our grid wasn’t built for this kind of cold…also heat makes it fail too.”

Patriot Mobile PAC multiball. When this mode starts you have to use your collected money to buy seats on as many school boards as possible. Completing this multiball starts the Book Banning wizard mode.

Feed lot target in Lubbock. If you hit this target three times THAT smell (if you’ve ever lived in Lubbock you know what I mean) is produced from a vent in the machine. A new innovation in pinball!

#5530 1 year ago

Public service announcement: the theme will inevitably (and likely quickly) result in this thread being locked for political discussions that will inevitably spring forth. Already those that were - for whatever reason - reporting this thread repeatedly for other things are now reporting for the political discussion…they have finally found a pathway to getting the thread locked that will likely be successful absent a direction change.

I did my best to let you all play out the back and forth squabbling since you all seemed to enjoy it and everyone being personally attacked was partaking in the action and none of them were offended (or at least none of them were reporting anything), but the new direction of the thread simply has no future if it continues to veer down the political topic line.

#5531 1 year ago

Idea for an ERCOT mode. Hit the orbit shot to the up post, hold the ball, turn off all the lights, play a light show of blues and whites lights "blowing" across the playfield, hit the trash can fire looking pop bumpers to stay warm and survive the mode. Your flippers get weaker if you're not staying warm by the fire.

#5532 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Idea for an ERCOT mode. Hit the orbit shot to the up post, hold the ball, turn off all the lights, play a light show of blues and whites lights "blowing" across the playfield, hit the trash can fire looking pop bumpers to stay warm and survive the mode. Your flippers get weaker if you're not staying warm by the fire.

This is much better than my idea!

#5533 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Public service announcement: the theme will inevitably (and likely quickly) result in this thread being locked for political discussions that will inevitably spring forth. Already those that were - for whatever reason - reporting this thread repeatedly for other things are now reporting for the political discussion…they have finally found a pathway to getting the thread locked that will likely be successful absent a direction change.
    I did my best to let you all play out the back and forth squabbling since you all seemed to enjoy it and everyone being personally attacked was partaking in the action and none of them were offended (or at least none of them were reporting anything), but the new direction of the thread simply has no future if it continues to veer down the political topic line.

I hope people can keep their political shitposting contained to great bad-pinball-ideas

Like what if you could play right wing vs left wing mode? Player one can only use the right flipper, player two can only use the left flipper. Imagine the factory default values you could put into the high score to date table! But please don't post them

#5534 1 year ago

So if everybody cans the talk about the theme the thread can continue? Sounds like an easy fix.

#5535 1 year ago

I would like to discuss the theme some more. The theme is Texas?

#5536 1 year ago

“A House Divided” isn’t a political theme if you just keep things to landmarks of the two cities. We’ll see if Iceman can restrain himself or not. Of course it’s his machine so he can do whatever he wants, we just won’t be able to discuss it here.

#5537 1 year ago

You guys, its not hard to be able to discuss the theme and not make political jabs at the same time.

#5538 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So here we are, a single day after Iceman returns to this thread we get this warning. Is anybody really surprised?

With all due respect to the moderation team, I'd like to provide a thought or two along with a suggestion.

Its my belief that Iceman wants to shut this thread down, if not now, he will eventually as thing progress (or not). He's indicated in the past he wants GWJ to be quiet.
    Assuming this is true, then Iceman has just been handed the keys to this thread. And judging from his past behavior all over Pinside, anything can happen with him especially after Beer-30.

And shutting this thread down would be punishing a lot of people and it would especially hurt GWJ from promoting himself.

I will suggest, in fairness, that individual **permanent** bans from this thread be issued instead of a general shut down. Perhaps one warning for someone new, (judgment call by moderators) and then the ban hammer.

Just a suggestion.

#5539 1 year ago

I got to say if this gets shut down it will be from a vocal few that have no interest in this build. As has been stated all the years I have been here never complained about anyone to the moderators. Do not think the coach wants the show shut down with his ideas thrown out so early in this build. Some of the stuff maybe slightly political from the State Of Texas & what is going on at the border. But it is a part of the on going history of the United States. Canada & other countries see it on our own news broadcasts.
    Personally Kim I do not need any other promotion. If this is shut down there is really no reason for me or the coach to continue on with new threads that will likely see the same fate. I spent the morning on the bus & walking a few miles to the printer. Parts like I say will be ordered this week, the whitewood finally starts up, & the rest will follow (maybe not here for all to see).

IMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPG
    #5540 1 year ago

Weekly update- week 2

-He confirmed Coach was not in a holding cell in Vegas
    -He finally received a working file for the printer, then waited for a quote for the printer ($20). May have the prints by weeks 3. He expounded "Printers know the truth of what goes on." Treybo printed them in 2 minutes
    -When his time comes he will crawl in a cardboard box and be cremated in the back yard like a trashed Flight 2000.
    -He stated that we all need to drink more.
    -He celebrated trying to get something printed with a nice walk and a ferry ride across the harbor. Beer was involved.
    -He delivered 3 pins to the barcade and one large vid to the mall.
    -He bought two packs of Bob's bacon for $2 each. Unsure if that was USD.
    -He revealed he likes KFC and BK value meals, but is above getting a Happy meal at MacDonalds.
    -He relaxed one night at the pub while watching others smoke legal weed, e-cigs, real cigs, and cigars. He also scouted a few fatties that made him feel healthier about himself.
    -He had free popcorn while drinking at the barcade.
    -He is still unsure on the display
    -His pop fridge is down over 25%
    -He will give free pinball lessons. He isn't ranked but he has a reputation.
    -He took a slow bus to Home depot for a board. I am unsure if the slow bus is discounted for poor retirees on a small pension.
    -Accounting for the build will be a step up from napkins.
    -Stated the pin will be "built like a commercial Stern, more like a former Stern, or in between. Or not."
    -He took the advice of moving the propane torch from next to his electric grill, even though he has confidence in his "real old fire extinguisher that is on standby"
    -He realized for the first time that some Kraft cheese slices are not wrapped in plastic.
    -He got the munchies one late night after drinking and ate a "shit load of fruit loops". Proclaimed them to be the crack of the snack industry.
    -He confirmed the use of 5+ year old condiments, but reassured everyone the green mustard is safe.
    -He posted a photo of his license that was inexplicably signed by pinball elite. Jack is expecting Johns organs when he passes.
    -He explained without provocation that his butcher sells meat, their wieners are huge, and women that are not white guys look for pepperoni in the Halifax metro area.
    -He cooked a tough steak, cut it with a wooden knife(??) and fed the seagulls with the leftovers. He tried hard not to get shit on.
    -He confirmed he wont eat seal, the rats of the sea.
    -He received his 2nd request for $1,000 (USD) from coach
    -Coach confirmed theme of Texas. Pinside was collectively shocked at the revelation.
    -He disclosed his workout routine consists of buying his wife a 36 pack suitcase of budweiser and carrying it from the bus to the slum apartment with no elevator. In his younger years he got exercise by standing at a pinball machine for hours, and shaking it and stuff
    -He admitted he is not a good golfer. He goes into the bushes to look for his balls, as Canadians are not aware of the dangers of snakes. No one is sure why this came up.
    -He admitted he tore up a signed Todd Tuckey trading card to fix an EM. Todd was unavailable for comment.
    - Published beer count: 41 Beers, 1 pitcher.
    -He boldly stated "No one holds my beer".

#5541 1 year ago

Like I say it does not bother me at all. What people think I do or not on a daily basis. Mostly true & some of it off a little or more.
    As for the file for the printer, the file was not able to be printed by numerous printers & not opened on my computer. The new printing company merged with the other one doing blue printing. Guess what some companies have strict policies on work. Most of my past printers would just do the job on trust, knowing that they would get paid. This printer needed 50% to do even a $20 job, no big deal I paid in full on Monday before they printed it Tuesday.

#5542 1 year ago

Like I say it does not bother me at all. What people think I do or not on a daily basis. Mostly true & some of it off a little or more.

I may have possibly drank more beers than you this past week.

#5543 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I may have possibly drank more beers than you this past week.

I know for a fact that I did.

#5544 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:I just keep thinking the money you could put towards higher quality food if you just reduced your daily beer count
    .... just thinking out loud
    [quoted image]

And the wife buying pre-hardboiled eggs? 4 of those are more expensive then a dozen.

#5545 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

So if everybody cans the talk about the theme the thread can continue? Sounds like an easy fix.

Some dont believe is reality though, so they will go all Karen and report. Per the usual.

#5546 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So, here we are, a single day after Iceman returns to this thread we get this warning. Is anybody really surprised?
    With all due respect to the moderation team, I'd like to provide a thought or two along with a suggestion.
    Its my belief that Iceman wants to shut this thread down, if not now, he will eventually as thing progress (or not). He's indicated in the past he wants GWJ to be quiet.
    Assuming this is true, then Iceman has just been handed the keys to this thread. And judging from his past behavior all over Pinside, anything can happen with him especially after Beer-30.
    And shutting this thread down would be punishing a lot of people and it would especially hurt GWJ from promoting himself.
    I will suggest, in fairness, that individual **permanent** bans from this thread be issued instead of a general shut down. Perhaps one warning for someone new, (judgment call by moderators) and then the ban hammer.
    Just a suggestion.

Only one side will get moderated though, so that doesnt work either.

#5547 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

And the wife buying pre-hardboiled eggs? 4 of those are more expensive then a dozen.

After 33 years of being with the only wife. You learn not to question them about what they buy. Happy that I can afford the only wife.

#5548 1 year ago

Alright boys, we got a print out placed on some very thin left over wood paneling...

Time to glue down the sheet, screw some posts down, put in some rubbers, bend some metal rails, and flick the ball around by hand.

Actually that sounds like a lot of work, maybe call it a day and go out for victory beers instead.

WEEK THREE BABY!

#5549 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Even I can hard-boil eggs!

#5550 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Even I can hard-boil eggs!

The key is to bring the water to a boil with the eggs in there and then take the pot off the heat covered for 10-12 minutes depending on how done you like them. Avoids the greenish outer skin on the yolks.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.