• Latest reply 26 days ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7793040_0 (resized).jpg
DSCN8353 (resized).JPG
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 months ago

It had been said a couple of years ago that Chicago Gaming would start a new run of MM with a release of early 2023. Now obviously that will be pushed back due to Pulp Fiction, but I have not heard anything since.

Does any know if they still plan to remake MM and what the estimated date would be?

Thank you!

#2 12 months ago
Quoted from AftahLife:

Does any know if they still plan to remake MM

Yes they will.

LTG : )

#3 12 months ago
Quoted from AftahLife:

It had been said a couple of years ago that Chicago Gaming would start a new run of MM with a release of early 2023. Now obviously that will be pushed back due to Pulp Fiction, but I have not heard anything since.
Does any know if they still plan to remake MM and what the estimated date would be?
Thank you!

I doubt it this year. 2024, 2025 pending another title.

1 week later
#4 11 months ago

Would love to see a "Troll" edition!

#5 11 months ago

I'd been away from this site for a couple of months and was worried I might have missed the reprint. Luckily there is still hope. Although I'm still on the fence about whether to get a remake machine or spring for an original.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

I'd been away from this site for a couple of months and was worried I might have missed the reprint. Luckily there is still hope. Although I'm still on the fence about whether to get a remake machine or spring for an original.

Would you be willing to take the time to enlighten me on some of the differences and maybe even the pros and cons? I would really appreciate your insight

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Would you be willing to take the time to enlighten me on some of the differences and maybe even the pros and cons? I would really appreciate your insight

Other than the DMD and branding I'm not sure there is much of a difference. Some people say there is a noticeable difference in flipper feel with the Williams ones feeling more high quality, but this would obviously boil down to personal preference. Other than that you're looking at a relatively new machine versus one that's 25 years old which is obviously going to be more worn and probably require more maintenance/repairs. The only reason I'd consider the original is for collectibility and knowing it was from Williams' pinball golden age during the late 80 to late 90s.

If you're wanting something far more technical I'm sure there is someone on here whose dissected every single difference between the two machines down to the screws and bolts.

2 months later
#8 9 months ago

I couldn't stand the suspence,so I called Chicago Gaming the other day,and ask for a MMr update. The girl on the phone was really nice and said it was coming but no date was given .
The way time flies,we'll all be getting our games before you know it.

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I couldn't stand the suspence,so I called Chicago Gaming the other day,and ask for a MMr update. The girl on the phone was really nice and said it was coming but no date was given .
The way time flies,we'll all be getting our games before you know it.

Hope lives.

#10 9 months ago

I sold my mmr le and will look forward to another release mm is a game just everyone should have as part of any collection

#11 9 months ago

If it's under 10k for the SE, it's going to be tough to pass up. I've been on a list for a while.

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

If it's under 10k for the SE, it's going to be tough to pass up. I've been on a list for a while.

As soon as it's official, I think it's absolutely safe to say you can fully expect to see the pinside market place have a wide selection of USED CGC MM remakes to choose from. That's when you buy. I'd go out on a limb and say based on the market place, you see those "in the know" are trying to cut a fat hog and dumping them right now. Whether they'll succeed or not who knows.

#13 9 months ago

I hope if they remake it again, they also release as a SE version with topper and all the other goodies.

#14 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I hope if they remake it again, they also release as a SE version with topper and all the other goodies.

Will be SE only based on prior news. No topper. Sorry to dash your dreams.

#15 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Shit!

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Not what I heard from Ryan at MGC

#17 9 months ago

Isn't that topper static? Does it interact in anyway? Not really a fan of this one or the Monster Bash but the other 3 are crazy amazing!

#18 9 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Isn't that topper static? Does it interact in anyway? Not really a fan of this one or the Monster Bash but the other 3 are crazy amazing!

Lights flash, I think thats about it.

#19 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Lights flash, I think thats about it.

Yeah gona hafta miss me with that one! I guess ppl will want it to complete their fake Royal edition so I'm sure it would sell.

#20 9 months ago

Will these sell for less than $13K ?

#21 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Not what I heard from Ryan at MGC

Did he say they will make Royal edition?

#22 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Did he say they will make Royal edition?

No royal I believe.

#23 9 months ago

Word is they are only doing SE. They also mentioned that toppers will be available standalone like they were a few years ago.

#24 9 months ago

We'll see another MM run just like we've been thinking we'd see a Tron Vault or JJP POTC re-run this year. Wishful thinking.

#25 9 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

We'll see another MM run just like we've been thinking we'd see a Tron Vault or JJP POTC re-run this year. Wishful thinking.

But CGC has verified they are remaking MM, so I think that will happen
as for the others, Kaneda said Tron is coming (I kind of believe him, he has been right so far)
POTC wont come. Thats done.

#26 9 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Word is they are only doing SE. They also mentioned that toppers will be available standalone like they were a few years ago.

This is what the presentation said a couple of years ago when they said they would rerun MMr. Yes games (even though they said early 2023), no Royal, yes toppers.

#27 9 months ago

they make a good machine, but to put out a video claiming to be making a game at a certain date, then nothing..... is piss poor managment.

1 month later
#28 7 months ago

Just discovered Medieval Madness for the first time last weekend when I had a chance to play in an arcade and absolutely loved it. Was CGC remake, but not sure which one. Curious if there's any recent news on this re-release and if anyone might have an inkling of what to expect for pricing?

#29 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

but not sure which one.

Probably a standard - but if you're interested here's the differences.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

I'm really struggling what to do here. MMr or the rumored TZ? I can't afford both and quite honestly I suspect TZ will be ~$12K and I don't have the $9K for MMr laying around either. What are you guys doing to afford these things? I don't want to sell off anything I have. Credit card and try to pay off in 2 years? Donating blood and sperm? Is it true unvaxed sperm commands high dollar these days? lol

#30 7 months ago

Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm really struggling what to do here. MMr or the rumored TZ? I can't afford both and quite honestly I suspect TZ will be ~$12K and I don't have the $9K for MMr laying around either. What are you guys doing to afford these things? I don't want to sell off anything I have. Credit card and try to pay off in 2 years? Donating blood and sperm? Is it true unvaxed sperm commands high dollar these days? lol

I would like to get both of these pins too. I was thinking of selling my wife's car when she goes away on vacation with her girlfriend.

#31 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I've got money save specifically saved to buy a MMr if and when it comes out... And if it never does, well, then I've got an extra $10k sitting around.

#32 7 months ago

If you guys are interested make me an offer on my MMRE - mint condition low plays.....

#33 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

If you guys are interested make me an offer on my MMRE - mint condition low plays.....

put a price up, most don't price other peoples games.

#34 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I've never bought a NIB before, and I want MMr to be the first.

Unless I found a used one in mint condition with low plays for a hilariously and unreasonably low price that would make me wonder if it was too good to be true.

#35 7 months ago

There's a thread where a guys losing his mind because Stern is doing another run of Stranger Things ! I hope he doesn't own a MMr too.

#36 7 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

There's a thread where a guys loosing his mind because Stern is doing another run of Stranger Things ! I hope he doesn't own a MMr too.

Why would he be upset and why should he care if he already owns one. Unless he is expecting to sell it used for more than he paid for it new. The manufacturers can make other runs anytime. I think it is great for popular games. I've never bought a NIB but may someday. Nice to see additional runs so that will be an option.

#37 7 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

There's a thread where a guys loosing his mind because Stern is doing another run of Stranger Things ! I hope he doesn't own a MMr too.

Downvoted for bringing it over to another thread.

#38 7 months ago

I own a beautiful HUO original MM and they can make as many remakes as they want.

Less people bugging me for mine the better.

#39 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I own a beautiful HUO original MM and they can make as many remakes as they want.
Less people bugging me for mine the better.

How much you want for it? LOL

#40 7 months ago

LOL. It was owned by one of the programmers at Williams. Not anybody famous though. I don't even know his name.

#41 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL. It was owned by one of the programmers at Williams. Not anybody famous though. I don't even know his name.

Oooh, Williams provenance! Even better.

#42 7 months ago

Beat me to it. Lol

Quoted from SimplePin:How much you want for it? LOL

#43 7 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Oooh, Williams provenance! Even better.

He probably got a deal on it because there is a slight chip in front of the Merlin hole but otherwise hardly any plays when I got it.

That's why I could never try to sell it here. Pinside would tear it and me apart! Actually, I won't be selling it anyway. That almost brand new original AFM I picked up a couple months ago next to it is even cleaner.

Sorry remake guys, I just had to share.

DSCN8353 (resized).JPGDSCN8353 (resized).JPG
#44 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

He probably got a deal on it because there is a slight chip in front of the Merlin hole but otherwise hardly any plays when I got it.
That's why I could never try to sell it here. Pinside would tear it and me apart! Actually, I won't be selling it anyway. That almost brand new original AFM I picked up a couple months ago next to it is even cleaner.
Sorry remake guys, I just had to share.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing!

#45 7 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. Pinside told me I shouldn't have both of those. Working on The Shadow now.

#46 7 months ago

<blockquot

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Downvoted for bringing it over to another thread.

I bet you were the guy in school ,who told the teacher she forgot to give homework for over the Christmas Holiday too.

#47 7 months ago

rofl

3 weeks later
#48 6 months ago

Out of boredom I like to look at the market place here. I noticed someone listed a playfield for this game and he mentions it's for the remake. I'm interested in playfield art so I decided to zoom in and .... wow. I realize sometimes cameras can introduce shadows or distortion/oddities, but I don't think that's the case here. Either these playfields are horribly and lazily produced OR this guy is buying and selling seconds. If you zoom in on the second picture (red areas toward the pop bumper area especially) it looks like the playfield missed a final sanding and they laid the ink down anyway. It's like a bubble/bump factory all over the place.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166527

What do you guys say?

#49 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Out of boredom I like to look at the market place here. I noticed someone listed a playfield for this game and he mentions it's for the remake. I'm interested in playfield art so I decided to zoom in and .... wow. I realize sometimes cameras can introduce shadows or distortion/oddities, but I don't think that's the case here. Either these playfields are horribly and lazily produced OR this guy is buying and selling seconds. If you zoom in on the second picture (red areas toward the pop bumper area especially) it looks like the playfield missed a final sanding and they laid the ink down anyway. It's like a bubble/bump factory all over the place.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166527

What do you guys say?

That’s mylar in the pop bumper areas. Typically placed in areas like that to prevent wear. Seems normal.

#50 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

What do you guys say?

it was already documented in the first remake thread that in a few ways it was not exactly like the original. Just look at the registration at the inlane and outlane switches for starters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 26.50
$ 210.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 5.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-2023 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.