IMG_1248_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1238_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1051_(533x800).jpg
IMG_3065-1024.JPG
Photo0522.jpg
Photo0519.jpg
IMG-20120304-00071.jpg
IMG-20120304-00075.jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I was wondering who the upside down dudes were! now I see, but please tell me how you do it!

#102 11 years ago

I also loved Joust and Varkon.. man I loved Varkon. Really grateful that she brought those along. Not sure I would get to play them any other way. Why must I fall in love with the rare ones

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My only complaint. Why so many games not set on free play or not working the entire show? I saw some games that were never even turned on the entire show.

I think it's pretty common to develop problems and need to shut them down if it's not something that can be fixed quickly.

I love this show. I haven't been to any of the other pin shows but I can't imagine them being better. The reason being that it's not just pins but just as much arcade games and consoles. That draws a such a variety of players and you can tell many of them have not played pins much, if at all.

One thing I would like changed for next year is keep the free play pins out of that huge spotlighted back-left corner. There were a couple games that were really hard to see because of the light over the glass.

#104 11 years ago

It was a great show! I'm still exhausted... Played in the pinball tournament Friday till 12pm, 10am to 12pm Saturday, 3 hours Sunday for the finals and then the 6 hour ride home

#105 11 years ago

Good place to sell games as well - I brought CV, TOTAN, HUO JP, and a HUO Transformers LE Autobot - only Xformers came home. Great show!

New owners - enjoy!

#106 11 years ago

BTW - the Cinci pinball group had a strong showing with 18 games on freeplay!

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think it's pretty common to develop problems and need to shut them down if it's not something that can be fixed quickly.

Yes, but as I said, some were never even turned on for 3 days. I was there from setup to close and not 1 bubble was bobbled as far as I saw. Some games were powered on and not set to free play or have credits on them. I think a quick inspection at game check in would go a long way.

I know games break. I can think of a half dozen or more that did at the show....but most people fix them and let the good times keep rollin'. There are was plenty of help at the show to fix problems. There are plenty of people there looking to enjoy the games. That is why it is so hard for me to understand why there seemed to me more of these "dead beat games" than last year. The event staff was even putting notes on the game asking the owners to ask for assistance if their games were down, but many sat there for the entire show with the note stuck to them.

It's not a big issue now, as I don't believe any games were turned away, but if it would have been a full house and working games turned away so broken ones could sit there and take up space....that would be a real shame.

As for games not being on free play. No real excuse for that and it should be checked when a game is setup. If the game doesn't have a free play setting, pop on as many credits as it will hold and check in on it occasionally.

Anyway you look at it though...it's still a great time and I look forward to next years show.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Good place to sell games as well - I brought CV, TOTAN, HUO JP, and a HUO Transformers LE Autobot - only Xformers came home. Great show!
New owners - enjoy!

Dont let the secret out! Just kidding it is a great show. I choose to go here rather than my local game auction.

#109 11 years ago

The only ones I noticed turned off the whole time were some of the Game Plan/Roger Sharpe ones. I just figured they were that way by his request. Actually I felt like there were a lot more games turned off/folded down last year (sold, I assumed). I guess I wasn't paying close attention this time.

I had a flipper spring break sometime after I left on Friday night but I did get it fixed before opening Saturday. I don't know how long it was like that so I too may be a deadbeat owner

#110 11 years ago

Buddy your AC/DC Pro is fantastic. It must have got the most play of anything. Thanks for the shaker too!

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The only ones I noticed turned off the whole time were some of the Game Plan/Roger Sharpe ones. I just figured they were that way by his request. Actually I felt like there were a lot more games turned off/folded down last year (sold, I assumed). I guess I wasn't paying close attention this time.
I had a flipper spring break sometime after I left on Friday night but I did get it fixed before opening Saturday. I don't know how long it was like that so I too may be a deadbeat owner

I was really commenting on the show as a whole and not just the pinball side of things. Having a machine break and it taking some time to get fixed is not at all what I am talking about. You are off the hook as a deadbeat owner and you bringing a playable game is what makes the show happen.

Most of the examples I am thinking of are the vids....but how many games of Genesis pinball did anyone play in the free play area? Not many...because it wasn't set to free play the entire weekend.

Something that you said did remind me of another positive of the show this year. People seemed to leave their games until the show ended. Many shows are a complete ghost town by the official end of show time. There was still a good crowd and a good selection of games to play at 4 on Sunday.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from BadBrick:

I second that emotion! This was my first time at any kind of pinball / gaming expo and I had a blast. Extra thanks to all the folks who brought games for others to enjoy!
Meeting Roger Sharpe and attending his Q & A session was so cool...but unfortunately I had to leave at 5:30 while he was still talking because I was late to take my family to dinner. Does anyone know if the video has been posted online anywhere?
Other highlights: playing (poorly) in my first tournament, playing so many pins I have only read about, and meeting doughslinger, wickedquickss, viper001, and Pinside legend Butterflygirl24 who brought 8 games including one of the hits of the show, Joust, plus the mind-blowing Varkon and all those other gorgeous machines!

Thanks!! Nice to meet you too! Glad that everyone had a good time and enjoyed the games. Scott mentioned that The Cincy Pinball group had 18 pins at the show...2 of mine were in the Classics tournament till Sat night, but I brought them out to the free play first thing Sunday morning so everyone had a chance to play them. There were alot of nice games there! Thanks to everyone who brought games for everyone to enjoy!
I didn't get much of a chance to go play the video or console games this year. I was busy trying to Qualify for the tourney! LOL!! I did like the layout of the floor this year better than last year, and there seemed to always be a crowd just about everywhere you looked!
The Roger Sharpe talk was great! Roger talked about some interesting stuff! Always great to talk with him and watch him play pinball you can tell that for him it is a true labor of love!
As I mentioned I spent alot of time trying to qualify for the tournament this year, and even helped out with manning the score table at times! That was fun!! I managed to do pretty well, and ended up qualifying 8th 1 spot above Roger in B division! (I lost in the first round, but it was still fun!) Thanks to everyone that helped run the tournament, it was a pretty big event being the final stop on the PAPA circuit, and now the field is set! I think it ran pretty smooth and was fun!
Thanks also to Jeremy and Matt and everyone else who helped put the show together! You guys are doing a great job putting this show together, and I think it is just going to keep getting better!!
Great times!!
Now I need to rest up!!!

Phoebe

#113 11 years ago

My first time going to any expo and it was great. Many thanks to the organizers and everyone who brought games or pitched in to help make it a success.

Dana and I got to sit down with Roger Sharpe for an interview to be played in an upcoming espisode of the Gameroom Junkies podcast. He was incredibly generous with his time and really a great person to talk to. I'll let everyone know when that interview gets posted online.

Really have to thank Doughslingers for bringing out that Ultimate Ac/Dc pro for everybody to experience. Amazing. Dana got to play a few games and was grinning ear to ear.

i'm still recovering from all the pin/vid goodness this weekend...

#114 11 years ago

Every year it keeps on getting better. Thanks everyone for bringing their machines, and thanks to everyone else for some great show etiquette. Everyone waited in line and even chitchatted while waiting for the 5 ball AC/DC. I even had a group drain the balls of a player who had to leave suddenly instead of playing their remaining balls.

Thanks again, and I hope next time I can bring a few machines... that Tron is tempting.

#115 11 years ago

Great show and loved the layout and all the room that is available. Staff did a great job!

#116 11 years ago

I just realized I met Erik at the show too - he's another super-cool Pinsider.

Thanks so much Erik for bringing that sweet Addams Family with the beautiful chrome job! It played perfectly (too bad I didn't!).

I was so impressed with the Color DMD too - it really has to be seen in person to fully appreciate how bright and crisp the colors are.

Now I need to get to work fixing up my machines so I will have at least one that is worthy of bringing to the next show....

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Buddy your AC/DC Pro is fantastic. It must have got the most play of anything. Thanks for the shaker too!

Agreed!! Makes the one in my local pizza joint look like a total turd!

#118 11 years ago

I'm still astounded at the lines on AC/DC. Stern is sure to run them as long as they can. I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Premium in the tourney had some new software. I heard the live version of Back in Black at one point. I can't confirm anything else different as I only played it once and it kicked my butt.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I heard the live version of Back in Black at one point.

Hopefully this means the next AC/DC update is coming soon...!

#120 11 years ago

great show met a lot of great pinsiders and played a lot of great pins, thanks to Buddy for bringing Woz and acdc the 2 most played games at the show imo.Buddy and his family are great people.

Future pinhead picked up a great Addams Family at the show!

#121 11 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out on behalf of myself, Jeremy and Joe. Especially thanks to everyone who brought games to the show. You guys and gals are the best!

#122 11 years ago

That was a great show. This is my favorite show of the different ones I have been to.

Sorry that the CV I brought went down sometime Friday night or sat morning. The ringmaster kick out blew the transistor and I was not comfortable trying to do board work at the show. On a positive note the EMs travel time and doodle bug ran great all weekend. I was happy to see them constantly being played.

#123 11 years ago

"Sorry that the CV I brought went down sometime Friday night or sat morning."

I didn't realize that was your CV Jason. My wife and I played it Friday night and it was fantastic. Thanks for bringing such a nice game even if it had to be shut off early. Also I think my Travel Time games lasted about 30 seconds thanks to the whole flipper setup that I could never quite figure out how to overcome.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was really commenting on the show as a whole and not just the pinball side of things. Having a machine break and it taking some time to get fixed is not at all what I am talking about. You are off the hook as a deadbeat owner and you bringing a playable game is what makes the show happen.
Most of the examples I am thinking of are the vids....but how many games of Genesis pinball did anyone play in the free play area? Not many...because it wasn't set to free play the entire weekend.
Something that you said did remind me of another positive of the show this year. People seemed to leave their games until the show ended. Many shows are a complete ghost town by the official end of show time. There was still a good crowd and a good selection of games to play at 4 on Sunday.

Yeah, that was my Genesis. I was there as much as possible putting credits on it but there's no free play setting on the machine and the replay doesn't seem to adjust either. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. Vdrums2112 showed me a trick he used on his Space Invaders with a two-stage flipper switch. I think I'll see if I can't wire one of those up. It did get played 350+ times according to the audits. Somebody (anybody know a RAY?) even beat my high score which is something to shoot for.

So, sorry you didn't get to play it. Next time you're in town you're welcome to come over for a beer and a transformation sequence. Or lifeforce something something. Whatever they call it.

#125 11 years ago

Too bad that CV went down. I was suprised to see another and mine sold so fast it was a bummer when they wheeled it out of the show. At least TOTAN, Transformers LE, and JP stayed the whole time.

Scott

#126 11 years ago

This show is a personal favorite for me. If you didn't go, do yourself a favor and mark it on your calendar for next year.

#127 11 years ago

I was finally introduced to the best soundtrack ever at this show, rockn rockn rockn Rollergames. I couldn't get it out of my head. My wife asked me how good the gameplay was and I was so cracking up at the classic cheese I have no idea. I do wanna play it again. I love the call outs.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

This show is a personal favorite for me. If you didn't go, do yourself a favor and mark it on your calendar for next year.

It was great meeting the PAPA crew. I wish I hadn't procrastinated on Pinburgh. Definitely coming up next year though.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Too bad that CV went down. I was suprised to see another and mine sold so fast it was a bummer when they wheeled it out of the show. At least TOTAN, Transformers LE, and JP stayed the whole time.
Scott

I think I was one of the last two or three to play your CV before it sold. Glad I got in before it was wheeled away!

That was the first time i've played CV and TOTAN so thanks from brining them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Edison, NJ
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-8-10-2013/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.