fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Absolutely correct. That's the exception to the rule. If it's the same theme, then yes...it will devalue the previous game. Same thing happened with Jurassic Park as well.

Data East Star Wars prices skyrocketed after Stern Star Wars came out, DE Jurassic Park also popped up in price but not as large a margin.

DE Star Trek seems to have not moved around very much though, gone up a bit with normal pinflation.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't know that. It seemed the opposite to me. I stand corrected...

Been shopping for a DESW to round out my Data East collection, it was a $1800 game 2 years ago and now you can't touch one unless you cough up $3500 minimum with people asking $4500-6500. Sorry for that price I'd grab a Stern SW if I was going to drop $4500 for a Star Wars themed pin. Thinking of buying a Stern Trek again, damn fun game.

Picked up my DEJP reasonable before everything went sideways with covid, it needed a bunch of board work to get 100% (which I did myself) but you can't touch the title now unless you plan on dropping north of $3500-$4000 and up.

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This isn't going to have any effect on existing games, but Stern watches and learns, and I'm fearful it will have an effect on future Stern games.

To be honest? I suspect it will have little effect on Stern games.

JJP clearly is raising the bar here but ultimately so what? Stern has a playbook they are running and it works for them. Why would they emulate JJP?

I look at the pin market like the automotive market. JJP is like one of those supercar companies and Stern more along the lines of General Motors. Both make cars, one just caters to a different clientele with deeper pockets.

Room for both.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This is a very good point and one I didn’t consider. We will see, great post!

To play maybe but to own? Noooo.

I tell them what I pay for pins and they crap their pants.

Casuals like pins till it is time to open the wallet.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only game it might devalue is the original DE game, but I really don't see that happening. Although that game isn't in the same league as the new GNR it does have the advantage of having the band in its original form (i.e. skinny Axl)....

I'm on the fence here.

The price for DE-GNR is a bit inflated in my opinion due to the theme. $6000-$7000 for a new GNR is mighty attractive and having another GNR available for purchase might drive down DE prices.

The exclusivity of the title is gone and the JJP title looks chock loaded with cool stuff.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I am always amused at the camp who thinks the more crap on a game the "better" the game is.
These are the same people who usually end up selling said game with 50 plays on it after two years.

Extra flippers don't always make a better game. I have one in my lineup that I positively hate at times since the extra flipper will block the path of the ball if not sucked back in promptly.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In all fairness. Is the price of stuff really going up, or is the value of money going down?

Both.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

This made me laugh......

Seriously, how would Stern respond? Have they changed much because WOZ or Pirates was released by JJP?

That is the context of my comment.

1 week later
#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

You guys all crack me up. Who has $12k to drop on one pin? (for that money I would have a room full) Obviously a lot of people with too much money on their hands here. All these pins with only 100 plays for sale. Home owned for 6 months. Just out of the box etc. Keep doing it. Then the real folk not in the 1% can buy the pins you guys keep tossing to the side. Just last month you were all Crazy about Turtles and Avengers. I keep pins for years if I like them. Play them, enjoy them. I have had pins for 20yrs before. All you do is waste money grabbing whatever the new flavor is and throw the old one aside. I find there are a few different kinds of collectors and the ones who just have $$$ to buy whatever, who just want to be first with the shiny new before everyone else and when the next trinket drops you just run to it. Sheep who think the next thing the Gods of pinside say you have to have and you drink the Kool Aid. Same reason there are great pins with low ratings and low selling prices. We'll keep buying them while you all overspend. Some of you wouldn't know a decent pin if you actually played it. You just believe what everyone says on here. Williams is the best, Gottlieb is the worst. JJP is godlike. Gotta have an Adams Gold or Pirates or a whatever. I'm not saying these are not good pins. But some of you crack me up. The $$ you drop is crazy. Whatever pinside says next you will grab. How the heck do you drop $10K on a pin and only play it 100 times.

I'll drop $7000 for the SE for my wife, she is worth it.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

And if you keep it, I understand for sure! But, when you just sell it next month when the new flavor is out.

I generally don't buy new pins, so you might be thinking of wrong guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
El Paso, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.