IMG_2680 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240518_150631 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 8.33.30?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 8.31.43?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240518_074904_Chrome (resized).jpg
There are 4,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.
#1 62 days ago

Who is in on a John Wick? It looks pretty sick!

#2 62 days ago

I’m in.

#4 62 days ago

Hopefully not another Borg mirror image playfield.

#5 62 days ago

I’ll buy used.

#6 62 days ago

If this was the Matrix, then probably. Matrix>JW

#7 62 days ago

One of the few games I am interested in based on theme alone.

#8 62 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

If this was the Matrix, then probably. Matrix>JW

JW is the matrix. Neo is stuck in a dream that he is a Hitman, and must serve under the computers

#9 62 days ago

I know it's hard for you JOHNNY Wick fans to understand,... but I might be in the minority perhaps but if we are talking about Keanu Reeves I'd much prefer him with Patrick Swayze as president surfers... in POINT BREAK! tumblr_5308756aeb78e2b78728b4ffb2692756_7a9375f0_540.giftumblr_5308756aeb78e2b78728b4ffb2692756_7a9375f0_540.gif

#10 62 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I know it's hard for you JOHNNY Wick fans to understand,... but I might be in the minority perhaps but if we are talking about Keanu Reeves I'd much prefer him with Patrick Swayze as president surfers... in POINT BREAK! [quoted image]

As long as it’s that point break. The new one was horrible. You know if JJP get the license, it’ll be the new one.

#11 62 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I know it's hard for you JOHNNY Wick fans to understand,... but I might be in the minority perhaps but if we are talking about Keanu Reeves I'd much prefer him with Patrick Swayze as president surfers... in POINT BREAK! [quoted image]

I could go for two meatball sandwiches. TWO!

#12 62 days ago

Title, yes. Designer, will wait to see how it turns out.

#13 62 days ago

I really enjoyed the John wick movies. Hopefully the pinball machine will be a fun layout

#14 62 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

I really enjoyed the John wick movies. Hopefully the pinball machine will be a fun layout

If it involves “yes I Canada,” I don’t think we are going to enjoy it.

#15 62 days ago

Have not seen any of the JW movies except the first and can’t say I’m super interested in the theme, BUT if one game deserves to bring back the gun handle plunger…it’s this one.

#16 62 days ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Have not seen any of the JW movies except the first and can’t say I’m super interested in the theme, BUT if one game deserves to bring back the gun handle plunger…it’s this one.

Second movie was the best in the series. First set the stage. Third got a little overboard.

#17 62 days ago

In on theme... If they actually license clips and people talking!

#18 62 days ago

People demand modern themes. Well here you go

Fun fact: Halloween/Ultraman was originally intended to be John Wick

#19 62 days ago

And here come all the shitty 3D printed pencils mods...

#20 62 days ago

I'm in dream theme can't wait!

#21 62 days ago

Well I guess master thespian Keanu is better in a John Wick pin than a My Own Private Idaho pin.

#22 62 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Well I guess master thespian Keanu is better in a John Wick pin than a My Own Private Idaho pin.

Remind me of a Excellent Adventure pin being made? That would have been THE Keenu pin!

#23 62 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Speak for yourself....all time classic; Van Zant at the top of his game.

#24 62 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

My username agrees.

#26 62 days ago

I don’t see it honestly, but curious to see what they come up with. I’ll give Stern props for taking on a gratuitous gun violence theme in 2024.

#27 62 days ago

Will not sell 1000 LE. Mediocre theme just like Johnny mnemonic. I’ve heard from more than one reliable source that the next two cornerstones from Stern are nothing special.

Venom hasn’t sold well (although I own an LE and I love it). Jaws is a great game (own an LE), but hasn’t had the sales that I think they expected and if the next two games from Stern are not that hot, their financials are going to be in trouble this year.

Hearing lots of games in storage at the warehouse hard to move product to distributors, shitty economy, groceries, expenses everything is going up, people are holding onto their wallets.

People want the best of the best if they’re going to spend money on a game some thing that a theme resonates with them, will hold value and is worth the money to add in their collection.

#28 62 days ago

I'd be in on a John Wick for sure. Great to have more adult orientated themed games. I have no interest in the kiddy themes like Pokemon, Loony Tunes, Toy Story etc.

#29 62 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

I'd be in on a John Wick for sure. Great to have more adult orientated themed games. I have no interest in the kiddy themes like Pokemon, Loony Tunes, Toy Story etc.

Watch out they will downvote you for saying this. But I agree.

#30 62 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Who is in on a John Wick game strictly theme only?

Based on theme, no. The movies are horrible. Good action though, so it could end up being an exciting game. Would never spend NIB money on it, though. Location play, of course.

#31 62 days ago

Matrix would be better.

#32 62 days ago

This is the John Wick anti-hype thread.

#33 62 days ago

I’m in with the theme alone!

#34 62 days ago

Most likely out unless JW is way better than expected. Saving for Metallica!

#35 62 days ago

My avatar name tells me I have to say yes on this machine.

#36 62 days ago

The John Wick movies are great fun. Just watched the 4th one over the weekend. I still don't get why someone doesn't shoot him in the head.
Fun theme. With little grandkids playing my pinball machines and the cost of new ones, I won't be buying this new or used. I'll certainly would play it on location someplace. I hope it has a pencil toy on the playfield someplace. Incorporate a black muscle car and modes to beat the bad guys.

#37 62 days ago

I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring back a gun turret toy that first has to eat a ball to load it

#38 62 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

F yeah!

#39 62 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Based on theme, no. The movies are horrible. Good action though, so it could end up being an exciting game. Would never spend NIB money on it, though. Location play, of course.

Agree with this, theme alone for me wick is weak

#40 62 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

“yes I Canada,”

I'm holding out for that John Great-Wick homebrew.

#41 62 days ago

Easily a wait and see from me

#42 62 days ago

This will easily be a instant purchase for me. I Love the movies and think its going to be a great theme. I am hoping for themed elements based on Baba Yaga, the Congenital(Flatiron Building), breaking the concrete, gold coins and of course a pencil, to list a few.

The call outs from Keanu are going to be epic.

#43 62 days ago

I outlined it for stern a few years ago based only on the first film.
I'm sure this is where they got most of the game design from...

Screenshot_20240320_071318_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240320_071318_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#44 62 days ago

make it Hyperball style for multiple kills

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#45 62 days ago

Maybe with this latest release John Wick will eat the ball?

#46 62 days ago

Theme is not for me but I am sure Stern will make it a good game as they do with every game!

#47 62 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This is the John Wick anti-hype thread.

I mean, you and others are saying that, but this is pretty much standard hype thread. There are plenty of people saying "I'm in! Dream theme!" and there are plenty of people saying "This theme sucks! I'm waiting for Superman or Judas Priest!"

These hype threads come off a conveyor belt and are fairly standard issue. Plenty of hype in here!

#48 62 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Will not sell 1000 LE. Mediocre theme just like Johnny mnemonic. I’ve heard from more than one reliable source that the next two cornerstones from Stern are nothing special.
Venom hasn’t sold well (although I own an LE and I love it). Jaws is a great game (own an LE), but hasn’t had the sales that I think they expected and if the next two games from Stern are not that hot, their financials are going to be in trouble this year.
Hearing lots of games in storage at the warehouse hard to move product to distributors, shitty economy, groceries, expenses everything is going up, people are holding onto their wallets.
People want the best of the best if they’re going to spend money on a game some thing that a theme resonates with them, will hold value and is worth the money to add in their collection.

Come on man!!!

Johnny M?! Pretty sure they only made one of those, didn't even make any straight-to-video sequels. Wick has like 6 now?! I'd say that's apples and oranges as far as a successful film/franchise goes.

I get where you are coming from, and you always have solid gossip/intel, but you gotta admit when it comes to themes you are pure dyed-in-the-wool boomer; if it's not an old rock band or a super hero you aren't interested. THere's tons of Wick fans out there.

#49 62 days ago

Should have a pistol grip launcher

#50 62 days ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Should have a pistol grip launcher

"They can use all the leftover T3 gun handles!!!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
JOHN WICK PREMIUM Pre-order!
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
John Wick Premium Pre-order!
Mad Pinball Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wick-hype-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.