• Latest reply 8 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5221 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 months ago

Anyone else having issues with shark fin position? Giving cumulative errors and once aligned and adjusted properly it will make it a few games and go out of adjustment. Would like to hear if anyone else has this issue.
And the crashing… not off to great start.

IMG_5221 (resized).jpegIMG_5221 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2 60 days ago

Yep, mine was worse as I didn’t notice it was out of alignment and the motor must have gotten damaged during 1st gameplay. Stern is planning on replacing the entire fin module but it sucks to have to wait and not be able to play a brand new game.

1 month later
#3 26 days ago

i have a pro and a premium. Both games had issues with the fin opto board. I came to the conclusion that the motor mech/optical interrupter was too close to the optos and was making contact with them. this caused the solder to break free on the optos.

#4 26 days ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i have a pro and a premium. Both games had issues with the fin opto board. I came to the conclusion that the motor mech/optical interrupter was too close to the optos and was making contact with them. this caused the solder to break free on the optos.

Why do you have both?

#5 26 days ago

Ours has a motor issue where the fin will not move to the next opto switch position but I've heard of some where the opto itself does not work so it thinks the shark is in the wrong position. You'll want to go into service test mode and check to see what switch(es) are closed or if they are and if your motor works.

#6 23 days ago

We just brought ours home 2 days ago and the shark fin is already getting stuck. It eventually resets and moves a few times but it mostly stays stuck. I have the ski jump problem with the chum line plastic that other people have been reporting as well. The ball is constantly hitting the glass and/or landing randomly in other places. I have already had to pull the glass to recover the ball. Seems like a lot of problems for only having played about 20 games on it.

#7 20 days ago

My fin shows 4 tech alerts and it will no longer move left to right. When trying to test, it will not make any effort since it has been disengaged. Any suggestions? How are y'all realigning and know where it should be?

#8 20 days ago
Quoted from dominoduke:

My fin shows 4 tech alerts and it will no longer move left to right. When trying to test, it will not make any effort since it has been disengaged. Any suggestions? How are y'all realigning and know where it should be?

I got my NIB Jaws Pro delivered and setup yesterday. After 30 relatively short games, the motor started making some funky noises, and the shark fin won't move to the left or right. Build is Jan 24, 2024. The fin pops up still, it just doesn't move. And when it's hit, there's a lengthy delay before it drops down again.

I emailed Stern support. This is my first real issue that's big enough to warrant a support ticket - how is Stern usually dealing with this? Do they work through my distributor to get me the parts needed (Nitro Pinball) or? Great game so far, I hope I can play it again soon!

1 week later
#9 12 days ago

Any update on this? Got the same problem on my LE havent played one game yet. Motor started buzzing 4 tech alerts and now the assembly is disabled by the software? Just send stern an email wondering what you guys got as a fix.

#10 8 days ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Any update on this? Got the same problem on my LE havent played one game yet. Motor started buzzing 4 tech alerts and now the assembly is disabled by the software? Just send stern an email wondering what you guys got as a fix.

you have to see if it is a bad opto/switch VS bad motor/gearbox. So go into test and verify all the optos work or if the motor cannot move correctly

#11 8 days ago
Quoted from Dirk:

They sent me out a replacement and it was here in a few days. I replaced the whole assembly and it works like a charm now. Make sure to send in a short video of the issue.

I have a Jan 24 Pro build. Hopefuy they QC the new motors for the next builds?

#12 8 days ago
Quoted from Neph:

They sent me out a replacement and it was here in a few days. I replaced the whole assembly and it works like a charm now. Make sure to send in a short video of the issue.
I have a Jan 24 Pro build. Hopefuy they QC the new motors for the next builds?

from what mind did, I think a gear stripped in the gear box.... I haven't taken my original apart yet.

EDIT: yeah, the gear box is stripped to heck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

$ 74.99
Lighting - Led
Cento Creations

$ 26.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-shark-fin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.