8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Who’s Morton Downey Jr?

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Who’s Morton Downey Jr?

Why don't you just zip it you pablum puking liberal

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Who’s Morton Downey Jr?

Here you go! LOL

MDJ (resized).jpgMDJ (resized).jpg
#304 4 years ago

And of course the one that took him down

mdj (resized).jpgmdj (resized).jpg
#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Morton Downey Jr.

Spoiler: He’s REALLY dead.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Who’s Morton Downey Jr?

The wrong actor. Meant the right one.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#307 4 years ago

Back to Iron man pinball.

More of them in the field, Ok.

Right next to iron maiden and Jurassic park and ten other titles. Its feeling like a flood now. I Just played Rick and Morty last night. The new golden age of pinball.

We stand in the flood, with smiles on our faces.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As per typical pinside... didn't take long for the bitching to begin.

And your post is what exactly?

Any news about a small code polish? That would get me keen enough I think.

1 week later
#309 4 years ago

Has anyone actually been able to buy an Iron Man RE-VE yet?

#310 4 years ago

Has IM Re-VE shipped yet? I really want to know what board set they used...

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has IM Re-VE shipped yet? I really want to know what board set they used...

Do you think they would change the board set? I’d be willing to bet all is the same.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Do you think they would change the board set? I’d be willing to bet all is the same.

except may be a small code update

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

except may be a small code update

I think we will get a code update. Remember that Lyman said in a podcast a little over a year ago we shouldn’t be surprised to see a code update for Iron Man. That likely means he was already working on it. Probably will be released soon with the VE.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

From a business standpoint, unless producing old full board sets is cheap, why not convert all vaults to spike 2. Save money and inventory on building and storing transformers, wire, boards, light sockets etc. just think, why build two different cabinets, 2 different board sets, 2 different power setups, etc etc. it doesn’t make sense for them to keep building vaults with all original parts...

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

From a business standpoint, unless producing old full board sets is cheap, why not convert all vaults to spike 2. Save money and inventory on building and storing transformers, wire, boards, light sockets etc. just think, why build two different cabinets, 2 different board sets, 2 different power setups, etc etc. it doesn’t make sense for them to keep building vaults with all original parts...

Because you have to redevelop the code for a completely different system and framework. Takes currently forever to get to 1.0 on code - imagine you re-incur that cost.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I for one am glad they are using the older board set. It means Stern just ordered more board sets which means they will stay available for other games, most likely.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Because you have to redevelop the code for a completely different system and framework. Takes currently forever to get to 1.0 on code - imagine you re-incur that cost.

Iron Man is on v1.83, making at good 0.83 times better and more finished-er than any Spike game!

Long live the SAM boardset!

#318 4 years ago

This IMVE run came to light over a month ago, but still no details on shipping dates or possible code update?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Iron Man is on v1.83, making at good 0.83 times better and more finished-er than any Spike game!
Long live the SAM boardset!

in fact IM is more than very good as it, just need few small touches to be perfect

only prob (...), i've just seen the supposed price on a German site, and its the same as all last STERN PRO version (but OK, we all know that already)

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I for one am glad they are using the older board set. It means Stern just ordered more board sets which means they will stay available for other games, most likely.

I haven’t heard or seen anyone confirm this. I have a few old games and agree if they do use them, it’s better for the community to continue support

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

It is refactoring current code to a new hardware. The code was already complete.

Remember they already have done this with a walking dead, iirc.

#322 4 years ago

So I am guessing that the re-release of the Vault would be the exact same. Is that the case? And when can someone order one?

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I would love if they released a TWD VE comic version. The art on TWD is awful.

Yep, TWD VE with comic art is very much welcome.
I think we have a topic about that somewhere..

#324 4 years ago

We just received in a Iron Man VE VE and have it setup on the showroom floor.

Being a prior owner of Iron Man for several years, I thought I've seen and heard everything the game had to offer, but I could have sworn I heard a sound effect I've never heard before yesterday. Went into diagnostics and noticed this new game is 1.84....while the latest release on Stern's web site is 1.83
Perhaps just a fluke, that I never noticed it before....but oddly enough the code is a release that is not on the site....yet. Without a README file, I really
don't know what the differences are between both versions.

Needless to say, I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME! I haven't owned one in a few years and it was awesome to get to play one again for the first time in a while.
I love the fact that this game is brutally fun....like Avatar.
FACT; No Iron Man game lasts more than 5 minutes...but that's one reason why I love it so much. Great replay appeal and in my opinion one of the best sound packages Stern has ever done on a pinball machine.

Want one? Let me know ASAP...and we can get you one on order as well.
Iron Man VE VE is a short run by Stern so if on the fence don't wait or you'll miss the boat.
972-488-9622
www.pinballandmore.com

Craig

IMG_3395 (resized).jpgIMG_3395 (resized).jpgIMG_3396 (resized).jpgIMG_3396 (resized).jpgIMG_3397 (resized).jpgIMG_3397 (resized).jpg
#325 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is refactoring current code to a new hardware. The code was already complete.
Remember they already have done this with a walking dead, iirc.

Didn't know that they redeveloped walking dead for SPIKE2. I was only aware of SAM TWD. I figured the toolchain / language / framework for a 20 year old system vs a 2 year old one would be completely different. Refactoring to a completely foreign system is likely non-trivial, but true, they don't need to think through the what it is supposed to be doing part of the ruleset anymore.

#326 4 years ago

Now I NEED 1.84.

Minor release though, might be just to cope with a slightly different chipset, like they did with the last VE vs the original.

OR there might be some new audio being used now, or something.

I don’t know, obviously.

#327 4 years ago

Yep SAM again, perfect!

#328 4 years ago

Any difference to Playfield or anything else? I saw the head was the new style with the T-molding on the sides. Just curious if they changed anything else?

#329 4 years ago

a real skillshot may be ?

#330 4 years ago

I’ve been playing my NIB from 2014 Vault every night since I got it a few weeks ago. My 7yr old boy has been beating me the last few days pretty good. I would have bought a new Re-Vault but too many possible playfield concerns to deal with IMO.

8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
#331 4 years ago

Zach from flipnout was.setting one up
at the Louisville arcade expo. Cabinet
sides looked metallic. Very cool.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Cabinet sides looked metallic.

They are. Metallic high-resolution cabinet art package on Vaults

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Went into diagnostics and noticed this new game is 1.84....while the latest release on Stern's web site is 1.83

Thank you for the update. I wonder if this will be discussed in the next Stern of the Union. Hopefully Lyman has more coming.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Didn't know that they redeveloped walking dead for SPIKE2. I was only aware of SAM TWD. I figured the toolchain / language / framework for a 20 year old system vs a 2 year old one would be completely different. Refactoring to a completely foreign system is likely non-trivial, but true, they don't need to think through the what it is supposed to be doing part of the ruleset anymore.

I’m not aware of any SAM game converted to Spike other that a test ACDC that was at Modern pinball

As for the SAM board set it is good except the U16 sound chip on the cpu. Had a lot of failures for it. Cheap part but super tiny surface mount chip.

Iron Man is a very strong earner for me and I have 6 of them so happy to have more parts available.

#335 4 years ago

IronMan?

More like EpoxyMan

Will Stern include a clearcoat epoxy kit with every new game?

#336 4 years ago

Hard to tell if the new one has the metallic cab decals? Also, looks like the backbox has an LED tube instead of the fluorescent bulb? That is a welcome change if true.

#337 4 years ago

Are they going to provide a full manual on their website? The one on there now is a low quality scan of 13 pages that doesn’t even have a switch matrix.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Are they going to provide a full manual on their website? The one on there now is a low quality scan of 13 pages that doesn’t even have a switch matrix.

That's the same manual they've had up for like 6 or more years. Just two sections out of the full manual.

#339 4 years ago

An impatient pinhead (not me, obviously) might ask for a back-up dump of the 1.84 rom. Just saying.

hassellcastle

#340 4 years ago

How’s the playfield. New super thin clear?

#341 4 years ago

Talk show host from The 80s who chain smoked on air and ironically died of lung cancer. He was the precursor to Jerry Springer.
D93073D0-CCE6-4B66-9EB2-940C108C7ECE (resized).pngD93073D0-CCE6-4B66-9EB2-940C108C7ECE (resized).png

#342 4 years ago

Orange dots. ...

#343 4 years ago

- Red LED low voltage DMD
- yes metallic, foil type decals like that of previous IM VE
- only difference I see and not sure if it’s on all models of this release to distinguish a difference between the runs, or just mine, oddly my Mark III insert is blue...unlike the rest.

#344 4 years ago

FACT; No Iron Man game lasts more than 5 minutes...but that's one reason why I love it so much. Great replay appeal and in my opinion one of the best sound packages Stern has ever done on a pinball mach

I’ve had mine for 10 years. Audits show out of 5000 plays only 20 games in the 10-15 minute range and none above 15 minutes, and this includes the games where Jericho was completed.

Love.this.game.

(still no DoDMB).

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Quoted from Chrizg:

I’m not aware of any SAM game converted to Spike other that a test ACDC that was at Modern pinball
As for the SAM board set it is good except the U16 sound chip on the cpu. Had a lot of failures for it. Cheap part but super tiny surface mount chip.
Iron Man is a very strong earner for me and I have 6 of them so happy to have more parts available.

finally figured out where I remembered it from

CES 2015

Any who, glad to see the sam board being made again. So my question is, where is the power switch? and did they use a DC arcade power supply or a transformer in the bottom of the cab?

stern-pinball-ces-2015-005-843x562 (resized).jpgstern-pinball-ces-2015-005-843x562 (resized).jpg
#346 4 years ago

- Red LED low voltage DMD
- yes metallic, foil type decals like that of previous IM VE
- only difference I see and not sure if it’s on all models of this release to distinguish a difference between the runs, or just mine, oddly my Mark III insert is blue...unlike the rest.

Could you post pic of that insert that’s weird they should all be white.

#347 4 years ago

whats the realistic price from a distributor?

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

whats the realistic price from a distributor?

$5,500 shipped

#349 4 years ago

Semi-useful response from Stern support on 1.84:

———
I will send a message to engineering and ask. We should have an update on our website soon that will explain in the readme file.
———

Will update further if hear back.

#350 4 years ago

If it was an extensive rules update, I would expect it to be named something like 1.9v or 2.0v from the last 1.83v code. 1.84v doesn't sound like much based on their previous code releases.

People are playing the new release right now. They should be able to tell if features or rule changes have been added in 1.84v.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.