“If you could only buy one...”

• Iron Maiden - up the irons! 32 votes
    53%
  • Jurassic Park - new KME is best KME! 28 votes
    47%
  • Neither (please post your answer) 0 votes

(60 votes)

#1 4 years ago

My last new Stern was an AS Pro that I picked up exactly 2 years ago. I’ve been flirting with buying Iron Maiden since it came out, and until now I was pretty sure that would be my next pin. But JP2 has definitely complicated that decision. Now I’m pretty sure that both of pins will make it into my collection, but I can really only do a game a year at most.

I know I can’t be the only one facing this decision, so would love to hear from others. I do realize it’ll be a while before everyone has had a chance to play JP2. If you’ve played both, what do you think?

I’m a player and a league/tournament host, and both pins seem great for competition. The layout and rules are top notch. Both games have exceptional art (though for IMDN I’d definitely go Premium). I enjoy band pins, and PinMix is doing some pretty amazing stuff with IMDN. Maybe IMDN should come first, because its run will end sooner? IMDN’s rules are more mature, so less waiting for code. But that JP2 layout is so freaking sweet. Really tough decision and a nice problem to have.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My last new Stern was an AS Pro that I picked up exactly 2 years ago. I’ve been flirting with buying Iron Maiden since it came out, and until now I was pretty sure that would be my next pin. But JP2 has definitely complicated that decision. Now I’m pretty sure that both of pins will make it into my collection, but I can really only do a game a year at most.
I know I can’t be the only one facing this decision, so would love to hear from others. I do realize it’ll be a while before everyone has had a chance to play JP2. If you’ve played both, what do you think?
I’m a player and a league/tournament host, and both pins seem great for competition. The layout and rules are top notch. Both games have exceptional art (though for IMDN I’d definitely go Premium). I enjoy band pins, and PinMix is doing some pretty amazing stuff with IMDN. Maybe IMDN should come first, because its run will end sooner? IMDN’s rules are more mature, so less waiting for code. But that JP2 layout is so freaking sweet. Really touch decision and a nice problem to have.

Same

Bought AS Pro NIB 2 yrs ago

Almost bought Maiden, still hard to shake the urge. The music is the hang up though.

JP2 will be my next game. Unless Elvira pics are shown before Premium JP2’s are in stock.

Smartest bet is to buy a used Maiden today from someone buying a JP2 then trade it for someone else’s used JP2 when the next Stern is announced.

But the NIB experience is schweeeeet

#3 4 years ago

It’s funny, you never know which pin is going to grow on you. I’m still a shameless AS fan, my most-played game. So simple but so fun. I’m not an Iron Maiden fan, but the music works GREAT with pinball and drinking beer.

#4 4 years ago

I have the same problem only it has to be one or the other. I'm going to wait a while until more Pinsiders get their hands on JP and report back. I'm leaning towards IMDN though - I like band pins. I have Aerosmith and it's a blast.

#5 4 years ago

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I’d really like to hear more opinions on this. Right now I’m leaning toward IMDN Premium, for a couple of reasons:

1. I only have 1 friend with IMDN, it’s just not as ubiquitous as it should be
2. I can afford a Premium, and the differences seem bigger on IMDN for gameplay
3. JP2 might be running for another 10 years, given the initial reaction
4. PinMix has done amazing work on IMDN (love the “B Sides” mix!!)
5. JP2 will probably be at my locations soon
6. Rules have aged well on IMDN

Okay, maybe I didn’t really need this thread. I’ve convinced myself.

#6 4 years ago

I haven't truly figured out why, but I'm not as pumped for JP2 after seeing the reveal. Either way, unless you're turned off by the music in IMDN and didn't enjoy it when playing it elsewhere, you should get one. You can always sell it and get JP2 in a couple months if it just doesn't end up clicking with you.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My last new Stern was an AS Pro that I picked up exactly 2 years ago.

Uff I'm sorry, luckily these games are better

IMDN for sure.
It's his first machine, it's proven kick ass, you can turn the music down and focus on awesome call outs, rules slick, shots great etc etc

#8 4 years ago

I was at pinburgh this weekend and played JP. That game is a lot of fun. I did notice the pin mix booth and I really dig the b sides as well. Given the 2 I would take JP. It was a fun shooter with great ramp combos

10 months later
#9 3 years ago

I have a hard time letting go of my pins, but I am considering trading my IMDN pro for a JP Prem. (+cash obviously)
I do really enjoy my IMDN, but would like to try JP.....

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have a hard time letting go of my pins, but I am considering trading my IMDN pro for a JP Prem. (+cash obviously)
I do really enjoy my IMDN, but would like to try JP.....

I sold my Maiden Pro to get a JP Premium and have no regrets. Maiden is a great game but JP is even better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilbert, AZ
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wellington, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-or-jp2which-one-first and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.