Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    0E928322-1EE5-4583-847A-96918C3AB1F8 (resized).jpeg
    annoyed-clayton-bigsby.gif
    100% (resized).png
    pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
    4755DE9F-58EC-4050-B298-40C09A69C309 (resized).jpeg
    6A268E37-AC65-48E9-9FC8-7ADBA7E29462 (resized).png
    806AE7E9-2D41-4297-9342-C6434263B8D7 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 36 days ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And I did spend time messaging him, looking at the ad, researching mods and other things, making a custom manual, went to the bank, and everything else totaling about an hour.
    At my job, that would equal money my way.
    At least I have a nice manual for when I eventually get the game again.
    [quoted image]

You seem like a sincere person, but you just keep getting angrier because people aren't 100% on your side on the matter. I'm mostly on your side, I think. But, I also understand the "first person to show up with cash gets it" mentality as well. You could show up and say anything to back out like, "I expected the game to be in better condition. Or, "Wow, look at that shooter lane." Or anything. And now, the guy lost a sale to appease you and you decided not to take it and the seller is back to square one.

#102 36 days ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Honestly I would be pretty pissed if you cancelled a deal with me because your deal to buy another game fell through. I would expect you to still honor our deal and then have the cash available to buy another Maiden when it came available. On the flip side, if you were selling a game to buy mine and your sale fell through, I would be understanding as not everyone has that much cash around. The way you did it was rough for that GZ buyer in my opinion.

We hadn't agreed on a date and time yet; that was still being established I did apologize if it means anything I've never done that before. Also, I did reach out to buyer when I was selling again when I found Maiden & buyer was very uncouth but I did have proper consideration and offered it at the same price they refused unless I would sell for 6k instead of 6.5. I said sorry I can't do that. I don't feel as if I had intentionally screwed anyone over it was just the situation.

#103 36 days ago

#104 36 days ago

Holy hell!! Once Odin arrives it has become a party. Thanks dude, I needed that laugh. That was funny as hell.

#105 36 days ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t follow. So he also avoided paying Pinside fees on 58 games he listed as “not sold”?
    Because I’m sure those games really didn’t sell to other Pinsiders.

You're looking at this in a way too emotional state. Yes, 58 games could have easily been sold off of Pinside (Facebook, local group & friends group). I believe there was a small interpretation that you could have cleared up easily by saying "I'll take the game", "do you want a deposit because I'll take the game". You talk earlier about a game not being shopped. So if you'd have showed up and you hit the switch target a few times and it kept giving you a tilt warning....would you have still taken the game 100%?

With all that being said, I'd have clarified things if I were the OP to make sure we had a firm deal and if you'd have told me you still wanted to look at it, then he should have probably stated that you could come now but if you wait until Sunday, it could be gone.

I think you could have done a little more to shore up this deal. I'm only saying that for future reference and nothing against you.

#106 36 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

You seem like a sincere person, but you just keep getting angrier because people aren't 100% on your side on the matter. I'm mostly on your side, I think. But, I also understand the "first person to show up with cash gets it" mentality as well. You could show up and say anything to back out like, "I expected the game to be in better condition. Or, "Wow, look at that shooter lane." Or anything. And now, the guy lost a sale to appease you and you decided not to take it and the seller is back to square one.

Not angrier, I guess just surprised some people wouldn’t agree that a phone call would be warranted…before he moved on to sell to someone else.

For anybody who has dealt with me or knows how I buy or sell, I obviously see both sides of it.

#107 36 days ago

It's always up in the air. The deal is never done till you see the sellers place receding in the rear-view mirror.

#108 36 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Colson would not of backed out on this deal. Stand up Guys don’t do that. I’m glad he called this seller out on this deal. Don’t turn the other cheek.

#109 36 days ago

Really good information in here seeing all the people that would have done the same thing or might have done the same thing or think it's acceptable. Taking notes.

#110 36 days ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I think you could have done a little more to shore up this deal. I'm only saying that for future reference and nothing against you.

Completely understood. And I could have.

Seller and I have reached out to each other in the past back-and-forth about a couple games, but never did an actual deal. Because of those prior convos, I felt comfortable with the deal where it was. That was my mistake.

#111 36 days ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

I got to meet Colson when he stayed at my garage house for Pintastic years ago

That's funny, I let him sleep in my crawlspace once. Dude will sleep anywhere!

Back on topic, I've learned over the years to make it VERY clear that it's a done deal. Sounded 99% clear on this one, but not 100%. It would have been nice to send a quick text or even a DM to check, especially since plans were made.

#112 36 days ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not angrier, I guess just surprised some people wouldn’t agree that a phone call would be warranted…before he moved on to sell to someone else.
    For anybody who has dealt with me or knows how I buy or sell, I obviously see both sides of it.

I know you keep saying semantics, but “come check it out” for me is nowhere near “I will take it”.

It’s sort of like adding a contingency when buying a house. So do the sellers take the cash offer or the cash offer pending inspection?

I don’t know your relationship with the seller, but it sounds like you guys are more than strangers, so a phone call wouldn’t be out of the question.

From the outside, I don’t really see a concrete deal that fell apart.

Good luck with your hunt, that is half the fun!

#113 36 days ago

O-din's post gets my vote for post of the week.

#114 36 days ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

So if you'd have showed up and you hit the switch target a few times and it kept giving you a tilt warning....would you have still taken the game 100%?

A rare switch issue? That’s worth at least a $500 discount on the price of the game.

Come on man.

Yes, that was listed in his ad and I knew it was an issue already. I was taking the game.

I did a deal two months ago on another game that was going to be delivered by the person. When he got it here, the game had a ton of issues that hadn’t been disclosed, even mold in the cabinet. He graciously offered to discount the price of the game a little without me asking.

Even going from a playable game to a serious project, I still took it. I don’t nitpick over little issues, and I have rarely haggled while I’m looking over a game.

It would have to be grossly misrepresented for me to do that.

#115 36 days ago

I agree with colson.

Setting a date and time and giving an address is basically a deal to sell.

Doing those things sets other things in motion: lining up transport. Getting loot ready. Altering work days.

I’d be pissed too.

you’re only as good as your word.

#116 36 days ago

How do you see the users you have blocked?
    I don't remember blocking anyone on here, but some of these posts are quoted from a "blocked user". Which one of you is the dick??

#117 36 days ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

How do you see the users you ha e blocked?
    I don't remember blocking anyone on here, but some of these posts are quoted from a "blocked user". Which one of you is the dick??

I think it's "Ihateyzfguy". At least that's my guess....

#118 36 days ago
    Quoted from BZarrCaptain:

My two cents: starting this thread was super douchey. I doubt I’m the only one who feels that way.

Initially not terribly, but the more he talks about it and how valuable his time is, yeah. The fact is, nobody said "I'll take it," "hold it for me," or "mark it pending," the more I feel it is getting blown out of proportion.

I'm surprised the guy isn't here defending himself or giving his side of the story. Is he blocked, and therefore cannot see we are talking about him?

#119 36 days ago

Unless deposit money is put down I wouldn’t consider a deal is a sure thing until I’m driving away with game.

#120 36 days ago

Narcissist:

Is someone who is overly self-involved, often vain, and selfish.

They may also have the following traits:

Arrogance: They may exaggerate their own worth or importance, and have an overbearing manner.

Sense of self-importance: They may believe they are more special or unique than others, and should only associate with other high-status people.

Preoccupation with fantasies: They may fantasize about success, power, or brilliance.

Envy: They may envy others, or believe that others are envious of them.

Insatiable greed: They may have a total lack of empathy for others.

Disrespect for boundaries: They may ignore the wants and needs of others.

Narcissistic rage: They may fly into a rage at being reproached for their actions or behavior, or if they perceive even the slightest criticism towards their character.

#121 36 days ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

Narcissist:
    Is someone who is overly self-involved, often vain, and selfish.
    They may also have the following traits:
    Arrogance: They may exaggerate their own worth or importance, and have an overbearing manner.
    Sense of self-importance: They may believe they are more special or unique than others, and should only associate with other high-status people.
    Preoccupation with fantasies: They may fantasize about success, power, or brilliance.
    Envy: They may envy others, or believe that others are envious of them.
    Insatiable greed: They may have a total lack of empathy for others.
    Disrespect for boundaries: They may ignore the wants and needs of others.
    Narcissistic rage: They may fly into a rage at being reproached for their actions or behavior, or if they perceive even the slightest criticism towards their character.

Jesus Christ man

#122 36 days ago

He's trying to chastise this guy to make himself feel good. We've all been burned on deals. It sucks. Get over it. This thread should be closed. I'm so tired of pinball and the main characters in it.

#123 36 days ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

He's trying to chastise this guy to make himself feel good. We've all been burned on deals. It sucks. Get over it. This thread should be closed. I'm so tired of pinball and the main characters in it.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

#124 36 days ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

Alright, Sigmound Frood

#125 36 days ago

I agree with the OP, the seller's approach is the same cold and calculated approach a machine would use. This is a slow slippery slope to Judgement Day where Skynet becomes sentient and machines start eradicating the human race.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #126 36 days ago

If somebody told me they were gonna come by to "check it out" I'd assume there's a good chance my game isn't sold. Over 25 years I've had dozens of "check it outs" either no show or pass, and so has everybody else who has been slingin' pinball machines for a while

If someone else told me they'd buy it in the meantime, I'd probably tell the original check it out guy that I got someone else on the hook and if they want it for sure let me know, send me a deposit please etc. Especially if it were a Pinsider.

EIther way, I'd be sure to make a thread here about it! Weekends are pretty slow around here without this kind of stuff.

#127 36 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:If somebody told me they were gonna come by to "check it out" I'd assume there's a good chance my game isn't sold. Over 25 years I've had dozens of "check it outs" either no show or pass.
    If someone else told me they'd buy it in the meantime, I'd probably tell the original check it out guy that I got someone else on the hook and if they want it for sure let me know. Especially if it was somebody I knew/had dealt with before.

100% with you on this. Pinsiders would get a courtesy call before I sold it, Facebook inquiries would not. I lose sales literally every time I hold something for someone on Facebook. Unless you are selling super cheap most of them don’t show up.

And for the record, Colson showed up and bought a game from me, just like he said he would

#128 36 days ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

100% with you on this. Pinsiders would get a courtesy call before I sold it, Facebook inquiries would not. I lose sales literally every time I hold something for someone on Facebook. Unless you are selling super cheap most of them don’t show up.

Facebook sales literally stress me out. I've had people make me wait three hours for them to show up, then say they bought something else somewhere else. Complete bullshit.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/horrible-sellers-amp-shysters-buyers-beware/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.