• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by PinballT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Help.
I have a Last Action Hero that I got a few months ago and just now started to try to figure out the issues. First off when I got it, it had acid damage on MPU and coil was burnt on playfield. Took coil off and replaced the MPU with a rottendog mpu. Also replaced the transistor that ran to the coil that was burnt. The issue is that I turn on and just get the playfield lights.(Two right red lights stay on the mpu) Replaced the Power board and now I get the lights on and sound says I'll be back and then clicks on power board and playfield lights go out and gets a hummm. (far right red light goes out and far left light comes on the mpu). I am testing the power at tips and really not getting a reading. Don't know what to check now.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

#2 3 months ago

Just tested the tips on power supply and MPU.
12v on power supply is measuring 12.7, all 5 v on MPU and Power supply measure around 4.9-5.1. 18v on MPU is around 18.9 - 19.2.
I get nothing on my display. disconnected that and not difference. Thinking if the eprom is bad and causing this. I took it off the old board. Did not look like any damage to it. First stage after turning on works like the GI lights come on then the sound says I'll be back and click at the power supply and waiting for coils to fire and nothing except lights go out LED light changes on MPU (stays lit) and just humming noise from speakers. Don't know what else to check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-trouble-with-lah-booting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.