(Topic ID: 355356)

Help - Odds & Evens - fuse/transformer wiring

By G35R6

12 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4964 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4965 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4966 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4967 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4968 (resized).jpeg
    #1 12 days ago

I'm working on a 1973 Bally Odds & Evens.
    I'm fairly inexperienced with EM electrical stuff.
    All of the backbox bulbs do not work so I went to check the fuses. I noticed this little hack on this fuse holder where they "sandwiched" a second holder onto one with a broken side.
    IMG_4968 (resized).jpegIMG_4968 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4966 (resized).jpegIMG_4966 (resized).jpeg
    I'd like to put it back the way it's supposed to be but I'm not sure if everything is wired up from the transformer correctly. Specifically, the open spot at 2. Also according to the diagram, I think the wire coming off of spot 7 is supposed to be on spot 5. Does that matter?
    IMG_4965 (resized).jpegIMG_4965 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4964 (resized).jpegIMG_4964 (resized).jpeg
    I'm not even sure if this fuse is the cause of the dead back box lights - I plan to run a jumper wire later today. If they all light up, I'll be tempted to replace the holder and leave it at that. But, like I said, I'd rather put everything back the way it's supposed to be.

IMG_4967 (resized).jpegIMG_4967 (resized).jpeg
    Thanks for your help/comments.

#2 12 days ago

The transformer wiring looks correct for 120volts.
    Change the 4 fuse holders for reliable fuse connections.

#3 12 days ago

Transformer is correct .
    You need to put in new fuse holder
    This pic from a high lo ace.Notice new fuse holder

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#4 12 days ago

Thanks guys.
    Jumper wire confirmed that messed up fuse holder as the source of my dead back box lights.

#5 10 days ago

I usually change the bally fuse holders first thing,or should. The last start up issue I had with a bally was because of a weak fuse holder.Typical

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-odds-amp-evens-fuse-transformer-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.