(Topic ID: 350044)

Godzilla “Subway” building mod (Tokyo Neon #3)

By stumblor

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 266 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TwinsMothra (resized).jpg
Views_of_Mount_Fuji_from_?wakudani_20211202 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG_8886 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240319_113855_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 4 months ago

Happy Friday Pinside! I’m Davey from Stumblor. I like Fridays, coffee, and modding the crap out of everyone’s favourite pinball, Godzilla!

Never heard of you.

Nor should you have! I’m super underground. But when not being a modding edge lord, I’ve been known to knock out a few Tokyo Neons, Lolly UFOs and Noodle Bars, which have all received middling praise from people who felt obliged to be kind when cornered. The best kind of praise, in my opinion!

Godzilla isn’t my thing. I prefer dad rock pinball.

We also do a mildly successful Area 51 mod for Foo Fighters!

DAD ROCK bands I said. The Foo Fighters are pop rock.

Tough crowd! We’re also working on things for The Big Lebowski, Black Knight Swords of Rage, and tricking out a whole crapload of games with our Lolly Postlight kits. More games than you can fit in your Granny’s basement!

But disregard all that nonsense - we’re here to talk about Godzilla!

I’m not reading another word until you confirm that Godzilla will Eat The Ball (ETB™)

It has always been my firm belief that Godzilla eats souls, not balls. So no ball eating, sorry.

Hard pass for me then

What if I told you that this one is so good, it’ll make you eat your own balls?

I’m listening

Continuing the neonification of Godzilla, we bring you… Tokyo Neon #3 - The Subway!

The Subway building sits at the back left corner of Godzilla, straddling the left ramp. Since the building is in such close proximity to Godzilla himself, I wanted to incorporate some atomic breath damage - as though Godzilla has just blown a path through the building in order to take up his current residence next to the bridge.

This cut away corner section shows smouldering flames when at rest, and ignites into a blue atomic breath effect when triggered. The other LED sections are also triggered at the same time - the ‘Tokyo Metro’ sign, the neon border and the internal flame effects.

20240112_131053 (resized).jpg20240112_131053 (resized).jpg

Go straight to the video...

20240112_131313 (resized).jpg20240112_131313 (resized).jpg
20240112_131447 (resized).jpg20240112_131447 (resized).jpg
20240112_131316 (resized).jpg20240112_131316 (resized).jpg

20231229_103843 (resized).jpg20231229_103843 (resized).jpg
20231229_104315 (resized).jpg20231229_104315 (resized).jpg
20231229_101710 (resized).jpg20231229_101710 (resized).jpg
20231229_101623 (resized).jpg20231229_101623 (resized).jpg

20231229_104303 (resized).jpg20231229_104303 (resized).jpg
20231229_104215 (resized).jpg20231229_104215 (resized).jpg
20231229_104103 (resized).jpg20231229_104103 (resized).jpg
20231229_104755 (resized).jpg20231229_104755 (resized).jpg
20231229_104617 (resized).jpg20231229_104617 (resized).jpg

Features

* Hand painted and sculpted resin building facade, with nylon base frame
* Blue transparent acrylic window sections
* 3 graffiti waterslide decals (actual tokyo graf!)
* Resin “cutaway” section, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Reverse UV printed ‘Tokyo Metro’ Subway sign, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Nylon Neon sign section with magnetic attachment
* Reverse UV printed sign graphics, with 3 options to choose from (3 in every kit), each section backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Resin Neon sign insert, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Internal building flame effects
* GI fading (mod goes dark when game does)
* Total of 9 different LED groups
* 4 circuit boards
* 100% configurable over WiFi (colours, triggers and patterns)
* Easy install - one cable

You might notice the sign on the Subway is a similar style to that of the Noodle bar (although mirrored and a different colour). I intentionally did it this way to maintain consistency and ‘weight’ between the left and right sides of the game. This will mean that the final ‘centre’ building can go a little bit more off piste, although still maintaining the neon aesthetic (obv).

Timing wise, I’m hoping to be able to start sending these out in around 3 months time, after Area 51 production is complete.

Price will be £239 (approx $300 USD at time of writing) which is the same as the Noodle Bar. It will fit all versions of the game.

If interested, you can either post in the thread (if I upvote, you’re on) or signup directly on the website. Because we’re all completely mental, the Subway has already received a whopping 469 signups at the time of writing. Yes, that’s before this post, and before any images or video has been shown. So firstly, I just want to say that I feel incredibly humbled and grateful that the work I’ve been doing has generated this kind of response and trust. It's an amazing position to be in, and I'm truly grateful.

Secondly, well, just general terror really. General, run of the mill, poo in the pants terror. But I’ll get through it. There's mods to be built.

Now, even if you use the website for the signup, feel free to post here anyway. It gives me free bumps, I’m thirsty for compliments, and it saves me having to corner you at the next pinball meet to demand your opinion on it - which would be super awkward for us both. Don’t make me be that guy.

#2 4 months ago

As my kids would say - DOPE!

And my wallet hurts so bad because of this friggin' game and you! I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Thanks Davey

#4 4 months ago

Absolutely awesome as expected, no doubt in your work DaveY!!

#6 4 months ago

Simply outstanding Davey! Excellent work and can’t wait for mine. Keep it up!

#7 4 months ago

Put me on the list, please!!

#8 4 months ago

I think I've already signed up, but put me on anyways! Aiming to stumblor out my machine!!!

#9 4 months ago

Please put me on the list. I'm number 1080 for your UFO so maybe they can ship at the same time?

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Mylstar:

Please put me on the list. I'm number 1080 for your UFO so maybe they can ship at the same time?

I'll make a note on your spot, and you can decide nearer the time

#11 4 months ago

I think I was added to this list during Tokyo Neon #2, but if not, please add me.

#12 4 months ago

Please add me to the list!

#13 4 months ago

Please add to the list!!
This is crazy awesome !!

#14 4 months ago

Why must you abuse my wallet like this???
Aw what the hell, put me on the list, just got my Lolly UFO kit in!

#15 4 months ago

Hello Again lol. Can I get on this list please.

#16 4 months ago

Here are sign up lists:

https://stumblorpinball.com/products/godzilla-subway-building-mod

Building 4 sign up is here - future middle building
https://stumblorpinball.com/products/tn4

Just trying to help out!

#17 4 months ago

Looks phenomenal Davey! That heat ray sliced that Subway building like a foot long at a Subway building. While Godzilla won't eat balls, the building certainly does... and then spits it out the top. #eatballsfresh

subwayballs (resized).jpgsubwayballs (resized).jpg
#18 4 months ago

looks amazing can’t wait to see how the 3rd building ties it all together. Congrats on another beautiful mod.

#19 4 months ago

Signed up ages ago, still in!

#20 4 months ago

Lock me Le
Thanks

#21 4 months ago

Another must have. Looks great!

#22 4 months ago

I’m in , LE please

#23 4 months ago

OUTSTANDING WORK! Put me on the list. See you at TPF

#24 4 months ago

Add me to the list Davey premium pls

#25 4 months ago

Add me to the pro list.

#27 4 months ago

I’m on for one

#28 4 months ago

Put me on the list for premium

#29 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Happy Friday Pinside! I’m Davey from Stumblor. I like Fridays, coffee, and modding the crap out of everyone’s favourite pinball, Godzilla!

Never heard of you.
Nor should you have! I’m super underground. But when not being a modding edge lord, I’ve been known to knock out a few Tokyo Neons, Lolly UFOs and Noodle Bars, which have all received middling praise from people who felt obliged to be kind when cornered. The best kind of praise, in my opinion!

Godzilla isn’t my thing. I prefer dad rock pinball.
We also do a mildly successful Area 51 mod for Foo Fighters!

DAD ROCK bands I said. The Foo Fighters are pop rock.
Tough crowd! We’re also working on things for The Big Lebowski, Black Knight Swords of Rage, and tricking out a whole crapload of games with our Lolly Postlight kits. More games than you can fit in your Granny’s basement!
But disregard all that nonsense - we’re here to talk about Godzilla!

I’m not reading another word until you confirm that Godzilla will Eat The Ball (ETB™)
It has always been my firm belief that Godzilla eats souls, not balls. So no ball eating, sorry.

Hard pass for me then
What if I told you that this one is so good, it’ll make you eat your own balls?

I’m listening
Continuing the neonification of Godzilla, we bring you… Tokyo Neon #3 - The Subway!
The Subway building sits at the back left corner of Godzilla, straddling the left ramp. Since the building is in such close proximity to Godzilla himself, I wanted to incorporate some atomic breath damage - as though Godzilla has just blown a path through the building in order to take up his current residence next to the bridge.
This cut away corner section shows smouldering flames when at rest, and ignites into a blue atomic breath effect when triggered. The other LED sections are also triggered at the same time - the ‘Tokyo Metro’ sign, the neon border and the internal flame effects.
[quoted image]
Go straight to the video...

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Features
* Hand painted and sculpted resin building facade, with nylon base frame
* Blue transparent acrylic window sections
* 3 graffiti waterslide decals (actual tokyo graf!)
* Resin “cutaway” section, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Reverse UV printed ‘Tokyo Metro’ Subway sign, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Nylon Neon sign section with magnetic attachment
* Reverse UV printed sign graphics, with 3 options to choose from (3 in every kit), each section backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Resin Neon sign insert, backlit with triggered RGB LEDs
* Internal building flame effects
* GI fading (mod goes dark when game does)
* Total of 9 different LED groups
* 4 circuit boards
* 100% configurable over WiFi (colours, triggers and patterns)
* Easy install - one cable
You might notice the sign on the Subway is a similar style to that of the Noodle bar (although mirrored and a different colour). I intentionally did it this way to maintain consistency and ‘weight’ between the left and right sides of the game. This will mean that the final ‘centre’ building can go a little bit more off piste, although still maintaining the neon aesthetic (obv).
Timing wise, I’m hoping to be able to start sending these out in around 3 months time, after Area 51 production is complete.
Price will be £239 (approx $300 USD at time of writing) which is the same as the Noodle Bar. It will fit all versions of the game.
If interested, you can either post in the thread (if I upvote, you’re on) or signup directly on the website. Because we’re all completely mental, the Subway has already received a whopping 469 signups at the time of writing. Yes, that’s before this post, and before any images or video has been shown. So firstly, I just want to say that I feel incredibly humbled and grateful that the work I’ve been doing has generated this kind of response and trust. It's an amazing position to be in, and I'm truly grateful.
Secondly, well, just general terror really. General, run of the mill, poo in the pants terror. But I’ll get through it. There's mods to be built.
Now, even if you use the website for the signup, feel free to post here anyway. It gives me free bumps, I’m thirsty for compliments, and it saves me having to corner you at the next pinball meet to demand your opinion on it - which would be super awkward for us both. Don’t make me be that guy.

awwwww shitttyyyyy this thing is dope AF. love the little details... the graffiti at base of buidling? What? Crazy.. Davey.. you missed an oppertunity to have your name "tagged" on side of building sir!!

#30 4 months ago

I have a premium I am interested please put me on the list.

#31 4 months ago

I am already signed up for this and the noodle bar and the middle building. I thought the NIB Godzilla Premuim was an expensive purchase. But it looks like I will be adding several more thousand in Mods. I do not intend to ever sell this game. Hopefully, the nursing home will allow me to take it with me in 10 years. LOL.

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I am already signed up for this and the noodle bar and the middle building. I thought the NIB Godzilla Premuim was an expensive purchase. But it looks like I will be adding several more thousand in Mods. I do not intend to ever sell this game. Hopefully, the nursing home will allow me to take it with me in 10 years. LOL.

Just show that GZ eats the ball and you will be fine.

Oh wait, it doesn't - throw that thing in the dumpster its worthless

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Subway link not found at moment so may have changed since above announcement.

Oh crap - schoolboy error! Launched the product without a product page.

Fixed now, thanks for the heads up.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

awwwww shitttyyyyy this thing is dope AF. love the little details... the graffiti at base of buidling? What? Crazy.. Davey.. you missed an oppertunity to have your name "tagged" on side of building sir!!

Daaaamn you're right! I was too busy making sure it was legit Tokyo street art, I missed a golden opportunity !!

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

We might have to look at building a custom facilty... there will be a few of us!

#36 4 months ago

Add me to the premium list!

#37 4 months ago

I was expecting the shark toy to be more in line with the stranger things bash toy even better. We didn’t get that!

Something like this could have been epic! No excuses I’m sorry but for the money they are charging I find it hard to believe that the engineers over at Stern were not able to find any possible way to make it work and at the same time make it exciting.

This is what it needed!
Bash the shark a few times and then for the last shot a small jump ramp would pop up and you have one shot to get the ball in jaws mouth with the similar toy like from The Walking Dead crossbow.

Shoot the shark, shark eats it and takes the ball under the playfield similar to the Hand in Addams followed by an epic light show with strobes going nuts, crazy shaker motor, great sound effects.

Maybe we’ll get something like that in Jaws 2 from the Jersey Jack Pinball team!!!

#38 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I agree with someone else earlier who commented that middle building should have "stumblor" on it!
Perhaps you can have "Stumblor" or "Davey" translated with corresponding Japanese letters or actual translation whatever Japanese for Davey would be. This way it would still fit Godzilla theme, but be coded with your ID stamp so-to-speak in Japanese for all the hard work you put into these Tokyo Neon signs.

#39 4 months ago

Please add me. Thanks again!!!

#40 4 months ago

Put me down for a Pro Davey.

#41 4 months ago

So the subway building eats the ball, thats so cool.

When i read ETB I panic and clicked all links and put my email on all your lists

I then realized that i already am on the subway list via my pinside name... do i need to buy another godzilla pinball machine?

#42 4 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

do i need to buy another godzilla pinball machine?

It couldn't hurt!

#43 4 months ago

I don't even own a Godzilla and tempted to buy it

#44 4 months ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I don't even own a Godzilla and tempted to buy it

I did that recently with the InteractivePinball piano mod because it was just so freakin cool. Buying mods before you have the game is how you reach the zen level of pinball nerdism

#45 4 months ago

Awesome. Please add me to the list for a Premium.

Boostedskex

#46 4 months ago

I think I’m on the list for everything. Please add me to the list if I’m not on this one.
Thanks

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I agree with someone else earlier who commented that middle building should have "stumblor" on it!
Perhaps you can have "Stumblor" or "Davey" translated with corresponding Japanese letters or actual translation whatever Japanese for Davey would be. This way it would still fit Godzilla theme, but be coded with your ID stamp so-to-speak in Japanese for all the hard work you put into these Tokyo Neon signs.

A neon sign just on top of the building would be very cool. Not sure how easy that would be being everything moves on premium/le.

#48 4 months ago

Awesome again! Please put me on the list!

#49 4 months ago

Must be on list for Premium please.
Can't remember if I already signed up on the website or not. Better safe then sorry.

#50 4 months ago

Hot damn that is sexy!! You know I’m in!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.