Game of Thrones LE Upper Playfield Flipper Issue

By Oaklandasfan1969

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Strange issue I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with. I am having an issue with my upper playfield right hand flipper only. When you press the flipper buttons, all 4 flippers are strong. The upper playfield right side flipper returns to the standing position sluggishly and slow though. I have never encountered this before on one of my machines. Any ideas?

Here is a short video of it.

#2 5 years ago

A few things I'd check.

Return spring stretched or breaking ? Coil stop loose ? Inside coil sleeve part of coil stop broken/loose ? Coil sleeve cracked or broken ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking broken spring. Good luck. That mini playfield is a drag to take off. Be especially careful of the switches on the upper left you can break them if the mini-PF shifts while you're taking it off or putting it back down.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks With the upper playfield situated the way it is, I was hoping it was easier, but I guess that bad boy is coming off- LOL There goes another Saturday down the drain. Thanks for the advice on the switches vireland- with my luck I would have done exactly that and then have been dealing with switch issues as well

#5 5 years ago

Repeat your test in the video, but keep the right flipper engaged and power off the machine. Same symptom?

I'd then take the glass off and (with the power off) manually flip each flipper and see if you can feel anything binding on the right flipper. Raise both flippers manually and let them fall - any difference now? If so, you have a physical issue and yes, that upper playfield is coming off!

If powering off the machine causes the flipper to drop like normal, and you can't feel anything binding when you manually move the flippers, you may have an electrical problem of some sort. Hopefully it isn't this and it'll be obviously binding on something, the coil stop is broken (see if it came apart inside the coil sleeve), or the return spring will be obviously loose/broken!

Kevin

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaklandasfan1969:

Thanks With the upper playfield situated the way it is, I was hoping it was easier, but I guess that bad boy is coming off- LOL There goes another Saturday down the drain. Thanks for the advice on the switches vireland- with my luck I would have done exactly that and then have been dealing with switch issues as well

I only offer that tip from my personal moronic mistakes file. I did that, and felt stupid (and had to install a replacement switch). So just passing it along so you're not dumb like me.

#7 5 years ago

Make sure your flipper rubber isn’t catching on the ball guide. I have seen that on a premium before. Ball guide bent slightly problem solved.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. Much to go on. I won’t get around to it until the weekend but will update then

1 week later
#9 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. Much to go on. I won’t get around to it until the weekend but will update then

So what happened?

2 weeks later
#10 5 years ago

Lol- sorry. Life sidetracked me from Pinball. I will say the under playfield is awful to get to but I’m back in business. Thanks everyone for your help

#11 5 years ago

Lol- sorry. Life sidetracked me from Pinball. I will say the under playfield is awful to get to but I’m back in business. Thanks everyone for your help

Was it a broken spring or something else?

4 years later
#12 9 months ago

yes, what was the issue ????
spring ??? something else ???
thanks

#13 9 months ago

currently going thru the same thing myself by the way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-upper-playfield-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.