(Topic ID: 334148)

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here!

By flynnibus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,584 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by lasermel
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3897 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6997 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.42.46?PM (resized).png
IMG_8310 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_220545.jpg
Limewire (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240417_211315 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.
#1501 19 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

logged into google

For both updates, logged in/not logged in, really hasn’t helped.

#1502 19 days ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Now says too many users have attempted to download. Imagine how hard it would be to get this code if there were as many as 100 of these games out there.

PM me you email address. You may be able to download from my dropbox.

Robert

#1503 19 days ago

FYI, the link that is available on the API web page is the same one that was shared out by them to people who had contacted them on FB earlier. So, the link that I've got set up is still the same version and a valid mirror.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOQNke6sYFryvWK2gTAfiC6L1gfacERH/view?usp=sharing

#1504 19 days ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

For both updates, logged in/not logged in, really hasn’t helped.

all I can tell you is... I was able to start it when I made that post..
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.42.46?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.42.46?PM (resized).png

So...

#1505 19 days ago

The computer I left working on it at home at 5 am seems to have completed the download during lunch, so may have a shot at getting it into the machine this evening. Perhaps there's no need for an ellipsis at all.

#1506 19 days ago

Our beloved ferret is off polishing ABBA code. I am hoping internally AP keeps working to polish this code as it still needs more debugging. I can bring up the TEAM vs mode screen with right flipper/start button but it keeps adding ‘Hunter 1’ to both sides. And even so there is nothing to indicate I am in vs mode (i presume it would be like Jurassic Park now has coded) while playing.
Am I doing something wrong?

#1507 19 days ago

Download for me took just under 2 hrs.
I let the game upload overnight but so far so good.

#1508 19 days ago

May I ask someone explain what the Neutron Bomb in the game is?

#1509 19 days ago

Code successfully installed.

I played the new code once or twice at TPF, but didn’t notice much difference there. After five games last night, this seems like a step in the right direction. The game kept track of balls much better than it had previously and also heard a lot more callouts. Have not had a chance to play any multiplayer games yet.

Working properly, I love this game’s geometry, style and shlock. Hoping AP keeps on keeping on with this title.

#1510 18 days ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Working properly, I love this game’s geometry, style and shlock. Hoping AP keeps on keeping on with this title.

Couldn’t agree more. The new code is a definite improvement. If they don’t abandon it, I’ll consider future AP offerings, I have 3 in the collection so far.

#1511 18 days ago

My game seemed to take a long time to install the code, maybe 30 minutes, then the solenoids didn’t activate even with test mode, just the ufo and tank. Our internet was slow yesterday, maybe I’ll download again. Agree with the positive comments on this game, great flow, fun to play, challenging and distinctive modes. It’s also beautiful pinball art.

IMG_6997 (resized).jpegIMG_6997 (resized).jpeg

#1512 18 days ago
Quoted from dts:

My game seemed to take a long time to install the code, maybe 30 minutes, then the solenoids didn’t activate even with test mode, just the ufo and tank. Our internet was slow yesterday, maybe I’ll download again. Agree with the positive comments on this game, great flow, fun to play, challenging and distinctive modes. It’s also beautiful pinball art.
[quoted image]

Make sure you reformat and completely erase the contents of your thumb drive. I had some fragments on mine (even after deleting) and that caused the install to fail.

#1513 18 days ago

The install does take a long time tho even when it works.

#1514 18 days ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

As already stated, yeah this upgrade takes a good bit of time. Regarding the solenoids not firing, this may be the issue some have experienced with the HV overload safety (I think that's what it is?) tripping and requiring a reboot (with 30 seconds of sitting powered off) of the game. On a game I work on we had this happen often when the coin door was opened... very frustrating during leagues/tournaments. The fix for us has been to remove an extra capacitor out of circuit. See my post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here/page/22#post-8008168

#1515 18 days ago

Alright - Finally after a 7 or so month wait my game is here. Have not been successful in acquiring the DE I requested and have ended up with LE 109

I have some questions if anyone could help me here please

How do you control the tank tread lights - The remote doesn’t seem to do anything ?

Does the machine connect to the internet ? It asks me to select the online enable then says it will need a reboot but what are the steps for this please as if i turn off and on again nothing has changed

I’ve got the download - Do i plug the thumb drive into the dongle wire inside the coin door ?

Left wire form - The ball kicks itself off every time it runs down there about 2” before the end. Does something need bending or adjusting ?

Have turned up the flipper coils to 35 - is there a preferred setting number that’s been found ideal ?

My 4 button control inside the coin door isn’t working properly. same issue i had with the Stern one. I’ve stripped and cleaned it and rubbed and wiped the contacts on the circuit board but the volume up button doesn’t work. Fitted my stern one and that is working. Any suggestions on a fix or a new unit is needed ?

Thank you

#1516 18 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

I’ve got the download - Do i plug the thumb drive into the dongle wire inside the coin door ?

Turn game off. Plug thumb drive into the dongle wire inside coin door. Turn game on. Screen will tell you what is going on.

When finished. Unplug thumb drive. Turn game off. Wait a couple minutes. Turn game back on.

LTG : )

#1517 18 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Alright - Finally after a 7 or so month wait my game is here. Have not been successful in acquiring the DE I requested and have ended up with LE 109
I have some questions if anyone could help me here please
Does the machine connect to the internet ? It asks me to select the online enable then says it will need a reboot but what are the steps for this please as if i turn off and on again nothing has changed

Left wire form - The ball kicks itself off every time it runs down there about 2” before the end. Does something need bending or adjusting ?

Have turned up the flipper coils to 35 - is there a preferred setting number that’s been found ideal ?

My 4 button control inside the coin door isn’t working properly. same issue i had with the Stern one. I’ve stripped and cleaned it and rubbed and wiped the contacts on the circuit board but the volume up button doesn’t work. Fitted my stern one and that is working. Any suggestions on a fix or a new unit is needed ?
Thank you

-Wifi: Yes it connects, but it doesn't really do anything for a home user case. No wifi updates/or functionality like insider connected

-Coil Settings: In this thread there is an excellent coil setting guide that totally changed the game for the better. I did all that were mentioned here exception of the VUKs, on mine it was blowing balls out of the wire forms at the higher settings. Update: Here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here/page/7#post-7664222

-Wire Form: Not sure what you mean by the wire form, you mean the VUK that goes up to the ball lock? is it falling out before it gets down to the flippers?
-Buttons: hope you get that figured out, haven't had issues like that on mine

#1518 18 days ago

Download under 5 Minutes, when i work all other in your part of the world sleep…..

#1519 18 days ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

I’ve had my GTF LE for a bout 5 days and figured I’d share a list of helpful adjustments made so far.
At first, I couldn’t keep a ball in play for more than 20 seconds and thought, ‘well I’m going to HATE this game’. After some TUNING, I’ve really come to like it a whole bunch. I’ve purchased new games from Jersey Jack, Chicago Gaming, Pinball Brothers and Stern over the past couple years and most of them required some adjustments and fiddling to get the game dialed in. This game from American Pinball requires about the average amount of fiddling. I made one call to American Pinball and found Kevin to be VERY helpful. A++ GREAT Support!!!!

Continues below:

Can someone pin this post #339 (or this one I truncated down and lightly updated) to the Key Post? This totally changed my game for the better for me.

Continued from quote:

List of adjustments made so far (Slightly updated by Top Fuel Friday based on code updates/new things I've done since this posting:
1) Set the slope to 6.5 degrees and level side to side
2) Turn down the treble on the back box amplifier. It was turned all the way up from the factory and I adjusted it to about 25%. This takes the edge off the SHRILL sound the game makes when counting the score after a drain was PAINFUL to my ears. American Pinball if you read this, I’m begging & pleading that you to make this awful sound less harsh in future code updates
3) Set the outlane opening to the lowest setting to close the outlane opening down and reduce the drains down to an acceptable level.
4) Ordered the (free) reinforcement brackets for the tank to mitigate the airballs from American Pinball if not already installed. There are two, one underneath the play-field and one 3D printed plastic one behind the targets under the tank.
(SE/LE Only) - Also ordered the covers for the notch in the tank treads where the wires are to be routed that was missing in my box (For LE /Signature Trim Only).
5) Ordered the Orange Plastic Protectors for the slings (Pinside Market https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1256-upkick-pinball/08566-galactic-tank-force-plastic-protector-set-american-pinball )
6) Adjusted the height of the magnets flush with the play field and tightened the bolt. It was loose and the magnet was below the playfield so balls were getting hung up there, other users have reported paint chipping around these magnets. level them and do #7 below
7) Add Mylar squares over the two exposed magnets to protect the play field, just to squares cut from a roll. The pieces should be large enough to cover a centimeter of the play field in all directions from the magnet
8) In the settings:
a. Adjusted the Power setting of the center post to 25. This is VERY IMPORTANCE. The game is brutally difficult and frustrating if this isn’t functioning as it should to protect from Strait down the center drains off the tank. This alone turned the game from “I’ll be getting rid of this quick” to, “I think I’m going to keep this for a long time”
b. Set difficulty EASY.
c. Set game to 5 balls
d. Increase pop bumper coils from 14 to 16
e. Increase the left and right VUK (Vertical up-kicker) coils that pop the ball up onto the ramp by about 3 IF yours is having difficulty popping the ball up into the lock area or making the bend on the right wire form. (You may be good from the factory though so don't adjust if you have no issues)
f. In the sound section, I turned down the Sounds and turned up the speech and music to further diminish the awful score counting sound
g. Set the knocker to physical
h. Increased knocker setting to heavy use
i. Increased shaker to heavy
j. Connected the game to my WiFi
k. Set the game to Adult mode. Note that there are no curse words and that this adds a little more humor to the call outs for example: “What the Fudge?”
9) (LE/SE Only) Ran the power to my tank treads by plugging into the soldering iron plug inside the cabinet and then routing the wires out the opening in the bottom of the box. This involved loosening the metal grates.
10) (LE/SE Only) Found the wire to attach to the light in the tank turret in the wire harness inside the lower cabinet and connected that.
11) Installed update to newest software which requires a 32gb usb drive and 45 minutes - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/
12) Install community tank target reinforcement bracket - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-3d-printable-under-playfield-tank-target-support

Added 9 months ago: **Update** I received the supporting bracket for the tank standups that were being bet backwards. It was very easy to install. I question weather the brace that goes underneath the table is adequate to keep the the standups from bending back. I think not. I'm still getting Air Balls that hit the glass every single game. It is sort of disturbing having the ball smack the glass during a game. My machine has maybe 20 plays on it. I believe AP needs to come up with a better LONG TERM solution. For the bracket instillation I watched the well done YouTube video. Amusingly, during this video I learned that the top of the tank opens up and a robot pops out during game play. This is a cool feature that is just now working on my game. It would be SMART for American Pinball to include a simple "QUICK START GUIDE" to tell people things like "remove the packing foam around the robot" when setting the game up.

#1520 18 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Can someone pin this post #339 (or this one I truncated down and lightly updated) to the Key Post? This totally changed my game for the better for me.
Continued from quote:
List of adjustments made so far (Slightly updated by Top Fuel Friday based on code updates/new things I've done since this posting:
1) Set the slope to 6.5 degrees and level side to side
2) Turn down the treble on the back box amplifier. It was turned all the way up from the factory and I adjusted it to about 25%. This takes the edge off the SHRILL sound the game makes when counting the score after a drain was PAINFUL to my ears. American Pinball if you read this, I’m begging & pleading that you to make this awful sound less harsh in future code updates
3) Set the outlane opening to the lowest setting to close the outlane opening down and reduce the drains down to an acceptable level.
4) Ordered the (free) reinforcement brackets for the tank to mitigate the airballs from American Pinball if not already installed. There are two, one underneath the play-field and one 3D printed plastic one behind the targets under the tank.
(SE/LE Only) - Also ordered the covers for the notch in the tank treads where the wires are to be routed that was missing in my box (For LE /Signature Trim Only).
5) Ordered the Orange Plastic Protectors for the slings (Pinside Market https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1256-upkick-pinball/08566-galactic-tank-force-plastic-protector-set-american-pinball )
6) Adjusted the height of the magnets flush with the play field and tightened the bolt. It was loose and the magnet was below the playfield so balls were getting hung up there, other users have reported paint chipping around these magnets. level them and do #7 below
7) Add Mylar squares over the two exposed magnets to protect the play field, just to squares cut from a roll. The pieces should be large enough to cover a centimeter of the play field in all directions from the magnet
8) In the settings:
a. Adjusted the Power setting of the center post to 25. This is VERY IMPORTANCE. The game is brutally difficult and frustrating if this isn’t functioning as it should to protect from Strait down the center drains off the tank. This alone turned the game from “I’ll be getting rid of this quick” to, “I think I’m going to keep this for a long time”
b. Set difficulty EASY.
c. Set game to 5 balls
d. Increase pop bumper coils from 14 to 16
e. Increase the left and right VUK (Vertical up-kicker) coils that pop the ball up onto the ramp by about 3 IF yours is having difficulty popping the ball up into the lock area or making the bend on the right wire form. (You may be good from the factory though so don't adjust if you have no issues)
f. In the sound section, I turned down the Sounds and turned up the speech and music to further diminish the awful score counting sound
g. Set the knocker to physical
h. Increased knocker setting to heavy use
i. Increased shaker to heavy
j. Connected the game to my WiFi
k. Set the game to Adult mode. Note that there are no curse words and that this adds a little more humor to the call outs for example: “What the Fudge?”
9) (LE/SE Only) Ran the power to my tank treads by plugging into the soldering iron plug inside the cabinet and then routing the wires out the opening in the bottom of the box. This involved loosening the metal grates.
10) (LE/SE Only) Found the wire to attach to the light in the tank turret in the wire harness inside the lower cabinet and connected that.
11) Installed update to newest software which requires a 32gb usb drive and 45 minutes - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/
12) Install community tank target reinforcement bracket - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-3d-printable-under-playfield-tank-target-support
Added 9 months ago: **Update** I received the supporting bracket for the tank standups that were being bet backwards. It was very easy to install. I question weather the brace that goes underneath the table is adequate to keep the the standups from bending back. I think not. I'm still getting Air Balls that hit the glass every single game. It is sort of disturbing having the ball smack the glass during a game. My machine has maybe 20 plays on it. I believe AP needs to come up with a better LONG TERM solution. For the bracket instillation I watched the well done YouTube video. Amusingly, during this video I learned that the top of the tank opens up and a robot pops out during game play. This is a cool feature that is just now working on my game. It would be SMART for American Pinball to include a simple "QUICK START GUIDE" to tell people things like "remove the packing foam around the robot" when setting the game up.

There must be some people that enjoy the default difficulty, no?

I feel like that's a lot of the charm of the game.

Having said that, I don't know what adjustments the location near me did to the game.

#1521 18 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

There must be some people that enjoy the default difficulty, no?
I feel like that's a lot of the charm of the game.
Having said that, I don't know what adjustments the location near me did to the game.

I'm not super great player by any means, but mine was borderline playable, I made those changes the first week of ownership and made the game a ton more fun for a home setting. the outline post could be left the same (mine are as they shipped from factory) but the coil settings and a few of the menu changes really amp'd up the gameplay.

#1522 18 days ago

Thanks for the replies. There were some things i had already done ( like play with the Amp. I’ve turned up my sub to almost full, same as the bass and the treble is about 1/4 from start. I’m playing around with the sound now . The balance of speech and music isn’t in par. I’ll get there soon
The control button issue i have solved - It was a poor connection on the inline molex plug further up the loom. Disconnect and reconnect and now it’s sorted
I’ve adjusted the pops , the VUK’s on mine seem fine. The magnet is ok.
I do reccomend trying out the flipper coil increase.
I found the lamp in the turret to have come out in shipping.

1 major issue i had was the pops weren’t working. i adjusted all the leaf switches to real sensitive but turns out the right pop they had assembled wrong and the spring was ontop of the skirt and not below it.
Now they are all firing and totally changed the game play
The wire form is the rail the ball runs down the left side from the diverter. i got some pipe grips and a cloth and squeezed it in a touch where i saw the ball flipping out - all sorted now

The centre pop up adjustment is great thanks now

What makes the turret light up ?

Will do the update when i source a larger thumb drive

Does the lunch box come with the limited or just the signature ?

#1523 18 days ago

Anyone know if AP will be at Allentown?

#1524 18 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

They don't seem to be on the vendor map ..

#1525 18 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Plug thumb drive into the dongle wire inside coin door. Turn game on. Screen will tell you what is going on.
When finished. Unplug thumb drive. Turn game off. Wait a couple minutes. Turn game back on.

The wait a couple of minutes part on power cycling did the trick for me. I'm liking the new code!

#1526 17 days ago

Any idea where the release notes are for this code. The new code usually has release notes. Have they failed to do that this time? What are some of the major changes to the new code? I’m really afraid to download this code if it is full of bugs. I am so disappointed in the rollout of everything this company does. It’s really depressing.

#1527 17 days ago

I like what I am seeing with the new code, though it would be so much easier to evaluate if a change log was released. How long could it possibly take to draft? Atomic shied seems to work more often and smarter. Can now click through more (though not all) of the cut scenes we've watched so many time. Also seems like the UFO/cow is triggered more often by default, which is good since it's by far the most lucrative mode of the game. Sadly, the game still features employees -- and ex-employees -- which completely takes you out of the "world under glass." Same thing with Godfather. I've made this comment before and I doubt it will ever change, since they are even featured in attract mode.

I've owned almost every Spike 2, some very briefly, some more than once. I still contend that this game, when set up properly, shoots as smoothly and as fun as any Stern.

#1528 17 days ago
Quoted from calprog:Any idea where the release notes are for this code. The new code usually has release notes. Have they failed to do that this time? What are some of the major changes to the new code? I’m really afraid to download this code if it is full of bugs. I am so disappointed in the rollout of everything this company does. It’s really depressing.

Regardless of the current bugs, the new code is better than the old code.

#1529 17 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Regardless of the current bugs, the new code is better than the old code.

Absolutely agree - I havent seen any game wrecking bugs (but prob am not looking hard enough). Regardless, new code plays much tighter, smoother and seems to flow much better! Hope they continue to refine as its a fun game to play.

#1530 17 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

AP doesn't goto shows typically - Pinstar sells their games and normally has AP games in the booth. Josh used to come frequently, but obviously not at AP anymore.

#1531 17 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Any idea where the release notes are for this code.

Not sure, plus they haven't been able to put together a decent manual in a year +.

Robert

#1532 17 days ago

I’m finding the music becomes quiet a few mins into a game - say on the 3rd ball out of 5 . Once it drains and starts again the music is normal again. Speech etc is not affected

#1533 16 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure, plus they haven't been able to put together a decent manual in a year +.

Do you mean a more decent manual than 1.0 which is available at the hp?

#1534 16 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

I’m finding the music becomes quiet a few mins into a game - say on the 3rd ball out of 5 . Once it drains and starts again the music is normal again. Speech etc is not affected

Uggh, I was hoping that would have been fixed! Some sound effects still work, but the background sound stops, like you said, until the next ball.

Added 15 days ago:

Still, glad to have an update with obvious improvements.

#1535 14 days ago

I was waiting until after the new code was released before I commented on an issue that my SE has had, in case the code fixed the problem. It has not.

After someone plays a game that lasts longer than just a couple minutes, some of the feature lights will be “stuck” on after the game has ended and throughout the attract mode and into every other subsequent game and in tests modes. The only way to get the lights back in sync is to turn off the game and turn it back on again. It’s not always the same lights and I don’t believe it’s a wiring issue as it corrects itself once the game has been turned off. If this has been an issue for anyone else, I’m not sure of a solution has already been discovered. I’ve tried to look. Thanks for any help.

IMG_3892 (resized).jpegIMG_3892 (resized).jpegIMG_3897 (resized).jpegIMG_3897 (resized).jpegIMG_3898 (resized).jpegIMG_3898 (resized).jpegIMG_3900 (resized).jpegIMG_3900 (resized).jpeg
#1536 14 days ago

Why is it that when the "Shoot Again" insert is lit and the ball is lost, that the ball count still advances? Anyone else? And as a side note, what does it take to earn a Badge in this game?

#1537 14 days ago

I got a bit lost after reading all the thread to the actual size spacer needed for the ball
lock pin adjustment

Is the AP supplied parts correct or am
i better off sourcing my own ?

#1538 13 days ago
Quoted from PumRibby:

I was waiting until after the new code was released before I commented on an issue that my SE has had, in case the code fixed the problem. It has not.
After someone plays a game that lasts longer than just a couple minutes, some of the feature lights will be “stuck” on after the game has ended and throughout the attract mode and into every other subsequent game and in tests modes. The only way to get the lights back in sync is to turn off the game and turn it back on again. It’s not always the same lights and I don’t believe it’s a wiring issue as it corrects itself once the game has been turned off. If this has been an issue for anyone else, I’m not sure of a solution has already been discovered. I’ve tried to look. Thanks for any help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It can be a signal noise issue. AP has a lot of code to try to workaround this happening… but has been a long standing issue with their light boards and how they work.

1- make sure the lights are wired correctly. Using the test menu make sure the correct led lights and the name MATCHES in the menu
2- look at the wire routing for the leds. It’s basically signal noise that can trigger this. So check for solid connections and maybe even wires routed near coils

#1539 13 days ago

I absolutely love my GTF and it seems its only gonna get better with new updates.
But as I kept looking at the theme, it seemed a bit…. familiar yet missing something.. then AHA! The light went in and i began to work towards a few minor tweaks in the theme that seemed “to me” to elevate it to cult status..
Below are a few minor ones i made.. as well as a custom topper for said theme

IMG_2654 (resized).jpegIMG_2654 (resized).jpegIMG_2655 (resized).jpegIMG_2655 (resized).jpeg
#1540 13 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

I absolutely love my GTF and it seems its only gonna get better with new updates.
But as I kept looking at the theme, it seemed a bit…. familiar yet missing something.. then AHA! The light went in and i began to work towards a few minor tweaks in the theme that seemed “to me” to elevate it to cult status..
Below are a few minor ones i made.. as well as a custom topper for said theme[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job on the topper and capturing the Mystery Science Theater 3000 vibe!! Looks fantastic - well done! Chris

#1541 13 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

Below are a few minor ones i made.. as well as a custom topper for said theme[quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent job!

#1542 13 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

That is amazing and I want one.

#1543 12 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

WE'VE GOT PINBALL SIGN!!!! <chaos ensues>

#1544 12 days ago

I'm an old Mistie from way back in the day. Love that topper. Also love my GTF, the new code really settled it down and although the physical ball lock is still hit and miss, it never fails to release the ball after a few tries, so it is working......eventually. Other than that, no problem with the machine whatsoever.

#1545 12 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

Below are a few minor ones i made.. as well as a custom topper for said theme

That is a great topper ! Thank you for the picture !

#1546 12 days ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

I'm an old Mistie from way back in the day. Love that topper. Also love my GTF, the new code really settled it down and although the physical ball lock is still hit and miss, it never fails to release the ball after a few tries, so it is working......eventually. Other than that, no problem with the machine whatsoever.

Have you not got the sound drop out issue when playing through any ball for more than a few mins ? then it comes back real quite then disappears again?

#1547 12 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Have you not got the sound drop out issue when playing through any ball for more than a few mins ? then it comes back real quite then disappears again?

I had this happen. I've only played two games since updating the code, and it happened on one of them.

#1548 12 days ago
Quoted from PumRibby:

After someone plays a game that lasts longer than just a couple minutes, some of the feature lights will be “stuck” on

Mine does the same...

Robert

#1549 11 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

I did have that when the physical ball lock was trying to release the balls during the "launch" of the fighters part. Almost like the machine was trying to figure it out and couldn't do game play and working to release at the same time. When they released as meant I did not experience a sound drop off.

#1550 11 days ago

I wonder whether to re download and reinstall the update again to see if it clears any glitches …. ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 1,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.