pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20240406_204204 (resized).jpg
A-13962 (resized).jpg
fh-2-topper-2_560x560 (resized).jpg
IMG_9534.gif
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
FunhouseBluePaintMix2 (resized).jpg
20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
There are 5,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.
#1 10 years ago

"Get yourself a hotdog!"

Incredibly well-executed theme
Great callouts
Good sound effects
Great backglass
Great light show
Possibly the best toy ever designed, with a talking head that left a creepy impression on most everyone that saw it the first time
Very good rule set

I started up a Funhouse Club so that proud Funhouse owners and fans alike can share the over-the-top love for the machine as well as: repair help, restoration tips, part requests, requesting wiring photos, topper ideas, best LED usage, color matching tips, and upgrade ideas...

RESOURCES / ROMS / IDEAS:

RESTORE TOPICS:

Let's get a solid set of resources in one spot: What's the status of the following game-specific parts?

PLAYFIELDS:
http://www.planetarypinball.com (stocks them from Mirco)

PLASTICS:

BACKGLASSES:

MODS:
http://www.leesparts.com/products/funhouse-trapdoor-lights.html

PAINT CODES: (there are options)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-restore-chrome-and-mustard/page/2#post-2424502

T-NUT MAP:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-t-nut-map

[x] add to your favorites (do this now!)

thanks!
-mof

#2 10 years ago

First I've heard of it.

I used to be in it, but I handed in my resignation early this summer...

CARRY ON, BUCKO!!!

#3 10 years ago

Next planned purchase MOF? I could temporarily join one.

#4 10 years ago

I am doing a killer restore on my FH right now.

#5 10 years ago

Love me some FH..

#6 10 years ago

Yeah, I played about an hour ago. Such a classic.

#7 10 years ago

Wish I could join the club but I need to find a FH first.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Wish I could join the club but I need to find a FH first.

I hear you. Unfortunately there are several other pins I'd like more than FH for the price it's asking these days. I'd need a miracle to get one.
-mof

6 months later
#9 10 years ago

Did anyone ever start up a FH club?
-mof

#10 10 years ago

I think this is it

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Unfortunately there are several other pins I'd like more than FH for the price it's asking these days.

Funhouse is my #1 target right now, but as MOF says, its asking price is a bit too high for a non DMD game IMO. One of these days I will bite the bullet.

#13 10 years ago

Hopefully becoming part of the crowd soon...taxes are done and its looking positive

#14 10 years ago

Anyone know when the next run of repro playfields will be available?

#15 10 years ago

I miss my FH.

Had one I restored a bunch of years ago CC'ed original PF, nice original cab, even airbrushed Rudy up all nice.
It was the nicest game in my collection, but it creeped out my wife and kids. When family and friends came over, no one ever played it, so I decided to sell it off.

I miss my FH.
IMG_1356.JPGIMG_1356.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Yeah, me too. Somebody sell me one......

#17 10 years ago

To me it's a flawless pin. Easy to understand yet hard to master. Great art, sound, player interaction ... A timeless masterpiece that will outlive most licensed themes hands down.

#18 10 years ago

Not an owner, but a fan. Pat lawlor and larry demar hit one out of the park with funhouse.

#19 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgI got 3 of them, 1 i restored and is in my game room and the other 2 i bought as projects. I've owned 4 of them. Great game, fun game, hard game. The second one i owned i bought from a guy who used it for the art scans and CAD files for CPR. I sold it to a friend that did a very nice restore job on it. The other 2 i was going to tackle some day and have been compiling parts and i have 1 new PF. Might entertain bringing one to the June Seattle pin show to sell. I do like the aftermarket pin score led for it, gets rid of a lot of heat and more compact. Plus adjustable brightness. Home roms are a neat addition i thought.

#20 10 years ago

A couple of Funhouse money shots...

image-471.jpgimage-471.jpg image-751.jpgimage-751.jpg
#21 10 years ago

One I've always liked and finally got last Friday. My son and I have really been enjoying it. It's such a great total package. Sometimes everything just comes together.

#22 10 years ago

Am installing a brand new playfield in a couple weeks! My favorite game from that era.

#23 10 years ago

I was going to pick one up as my very first project pin, but it was missing Rudy,s head all together, is it possible to get his head from anyware???

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I was going to pick one up as my very first project pin, but it was missing Rudy,s head all together, is it possible to get his head from anyware???

I was considering one as well that was missing Rudy's Head. From doing some homework it appears that the back of his head is not available. I passed on that one.

#25 10 years ago

I enjoyed mine while I had it. Great game!

Some before and after's of the semi-restore: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beginning-a-playfield-swap-on-my-fh-first-timer#post-1132673

Back box.jpgBack box.jpg
IMG_4638.JPGIMG_4638.JPG

#26 10 years ago

Got a question just recently rebuilt rudy. Everything got replaced inside also including the mouth gears and ball ejector solenoid. When rudy is watching me the solenoids make a hum type noise, seems to happen when the eyes are moving. but completley function as designed. So i wonder is this normal? Like i said the solenoids hum and I would rather not hear this.
Thanks Tom

#27 10 years ago

I believe that's normal to some extent. Difficult to know without hearing how loud it is in person. I know with the glass off on RS and my FH it would do this too.

Quoted from tjohns14:

Got a question just recently rebuilt rudy. Everything got replaced inside also including the mouth gears and ball ejector solenoid. When rudy is watching me the solenoids make a hum type noise, seems to happen when the eyes are moving. but completley function as designed. So i wonder is this normal? Like i said the solenoids hum and I would rather not hear this.
Thanks Tom

#28 10 years ago

The hum is normal. I have had my Funhouse for several years now with over 200 plays, and also have experienced the humming noise. No problems yet with Rudy.

#29 10 years ago

Love my funhouse Rudy is strait up creeeeeeeeep awesome.

#30 10 years ago

Funhouse? Ah ha ha ha!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

FH is definitely my third grail pin. Sure, I might buy something in between now and when I finally get one(like a Taxi, HS, HS2, BK, Pinbot, Comet, Cyclone, or other great classic), but a FH WILL join my permanent collection at some point. Hopefully this year, too!

Back in the days of the arcade, if there was one pin I played the piss out of the most(besides TAF), it was most definitely FH. Nothing like being taunted by Rudy!

#31 10 years ago

got my funhouse from a local operator for $2800. had the playfield swapped, added leds, pinscore display, funhouse lamp shade etc. now 2.0 with dmd ? cant wait to hear more about it !!!

#32 10 years ago

Funhouse was our second machine and it'll be one of the last to leave. Rudy may be creepy, but I love him!

4 months later
#33 9 years ago

Posted a question but got answer to question two days later from a vendor. Message still not posted due to new user restriction. Tried to remove unnecessary post to no avail. Sorry for the mess folks.

#34 9 years ago

Um... Can I delete a post entered accidentally? (This one). I'm just a confused new user.

#35 9 years ago

My first big restoration attempt. The machine worked well before I started, just hoping it still does after all the work!
DSC_0945.JPGDSC_0945.JPGDSC_0984 (2).JPGDSC_0984 (2).JPG

#36 9 years ago

I'm going to powdercoat the legs, lockdown, siderails and hinges. Any ideas on colors? I've seen red, but didn't know if blue would be better.

#37 9 years ago

I bought my FH quite by accident.

In 1994 I played a lot of Party Zone at a local arcade. I called operator and asked if he would sell it. He said yes for $1300. This was in early December 94'. I have 3 sons, so I decided that Party Zone pinball would be my/our (wifey too) only Christmas present to everybody at $1300.

We left town with family for Christmas week to return on Christmas day. I gave my neighbor $1300 cash, to have the game delivered in my garage a few days prior to Christmas. I kept calling because he didn't show up and the guy decided not to sell the "so cheap", in the 11th hour. We were devastated to explain to our young sons (twins at 8 and my oldest at 10) there was nothing for Christmas.

I got on the phone and called any/all Arcade Amusement places I could find from the yellows pages back then, no internet. One OP said he had a FH in his shop. I never knew what FH was or even heard of it. He assured me he felt it was superior to PZ. I was desperate and he delivered it 27th for $1300. We still have it (plus 30 others) and the rest is history!

#38 9 years ago

Great story Kerry_Richard. You certainly got the better game! It was a Christmas miracle!

#39 9 years ago

PArt of this club but mine is in bad need of shopping, missing some parts and a hot(dog) mess right now.

#40 9 years ago

This was my second favorite pin in the arcade after Pinbot.

Funny ass thing happened the other day when I was playing, actually two funny things, and I've put a lot of games on this machine. I have no idea what the odds of this are, but curious if either of these has ever happened to anyone else.

So like 3 games in, somehow the ball ricocheted off something, became airborne, and actually landed right on the metal stairs ramp above. That very same game, a shot ricochets off the post to the right of Rudy's mouth, bounces up, and dents the SOB right in the nose. There is a very nice large dimple there now. I was going to fix it, but every time I see it, I laugh so it is staying like that. I will take picture later.

#41 9 years ago

^^^ "You did that on purpose!"

#42 9 years ago

i love Rudy!

one rarely-noticed (or at least rarely-mentioned) feature is Rudy's eyes follow the ball around the table. (when switches on the left side are hit, he looks left, when switches on the right side are hit, he looks right). easily the greatest toy ever to appear on a pinball playfield.

2 months later
#43 9 years ago

Today was a good day for me.image-962.jpgimage-962.jpg

#44 9 years ago

nice. Even better day when you turn them on!

#45 9 years ago

Nice. That is what I call a very good day. Love FH. What is the going price for a nice FH? I've seen them go for $5k and up. You don't see many go for sale so not sure what's realistic.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice. That is what I call a very good day. Love FH. What is the going price for a nice FH? I've seen them go for $5k and up. You don't see many go for sale so not sure what's realistic.

$3k for one working 100%, routed players game shopped. You might find one in the $2500 range but you will end up putting in $500 worth of time and parts to get her up to par.

#47 9 years ago

Don't remember whether I officially joined but I'm in. Love this game, so much fun and an international active toy you really interact with-often means cursing Rudy out!

#48 9 years ago

FH joined my collection summer '13. I took these pics for Cliffy and his color posts. This was a game sitting in a barn with water damage in King Salmon, AK. The PF was sent to Playfield Renovations and it is too bad they are not around anymore. My MM PF from them is just as gorgeous. This FH is from a friend's collection who also restored my T2.

photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG
photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#50 9 years ago

What are the best mods to do to the game? I am particularly interested in HOME ROMS and a TOPPER but have no idea about either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.