IMG_0540 (resized).jpg
IMG_6337 (resized).jpg
IMG_6338 (resized).jpg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg
#1 12 days ago

Hello Rock Aliens!

Here is the Foo Fighters "Overdrive Pedal"!

What it is:

It's a guitar pedal that works with all 3 models of the game, it's an interactive mod that helps you know when the Overdrive feature is lit, and its a super easy/quick install.

Price:

For anyone interested in this small run of 30 units they will be $85 each, and its $12 shipping anywhere in the US & $25 for International shipping. Just put a message in this thread and I'll take them in the order they come.

Mod Description:

The Overdrive Pedal is an interactive guitar effects pedal that mounts on the upper left plastic piece on any model of the game. It has a blue indicator light that is on with the game's gi, and it has a triangle insert light on the stomp pad that ties into the left outlane Overdrive insert light, which provides an additional visual indication that your Overdrive Pedal is activated. It's made with real pedal parts and looks like a real mini guitar pedal. It's been designed in detail to resemble the stomp box that Dave is using under your left flipper.

Since I opened the box to my Foo premium I felt it needed some music gear under the glass. Maybe it's because I'm a pedal head and have a ton of guitar pedals, but I just wanted an Overdrive Pedal in my game. Maybe it's also because I have a small music product biz (wingmanfx.com) and I make custom pedal knobs and make a real boutique guitar pedal, so I just wanted to do this!

I was going to only make one for myself but thought that would be stingy since I do have like one or two friends. So then I decided to do a small run of 30 units to see if anyone else wants one, and if not no worries I'll try to make more friends.

I have a red guitar cable that can be inserted on the right side (comes out of the input jack on the right side of the pedal) and it just goes towards the upper playfield then immediately down into the service hole there for anyone wanting that esthetic. The top side of the pedal also has a SAVE decal even though only you will ever see that, but it's there. I will provide more pics soon and the super easy install info.

The pedal will come with a dozen guitar picks of assorted colors/sizes incase you want to decorate your apron with them, if not then toss them into the crowd at your next show. It will also come with all of the needed hookups, the short red real guitar cable, a mount, and super easy install info.

Cheers!

Chad
IMG_6337 (resized).jpgIMG_6337 (resized).jpgIMG_6338 (resized).jpgIMG_6338 (resized).jpgIMG_6983 (resized).jpgIMG_6983 (resized).jpgIMG_6984 (resized).jpgIMG_6984 (resized).jpgIMG_6988 (resized).jpgIMG_6988 (resized).jpg

#2 12 days ago

Kicking it into overdrive and should have all these pedals ready to rock by next week...

IMG_0536 (resized).jpgIMG_0536 (resized).jpgIMG_0537 (resized).jpgIMG_0537 (resized).jpgIMG_0538 (resized).jpgIMG_0538 (resized).jpgIMG_0539 (resized).jpgIMG_0539 (resized).jpgIMG_0540 (resized).jpgIMG_0540 (resized).jpgIMG_0542 (resized).jpgIMG_0542 (resized).jpg
#3 12 days ago

I think this is pretty cool looking, and I like that it functionally adds to the game by giving you an easier to see status light

#4 12 days ago

RAD!

#5 12 days ago

Great job on this mod! Cool background story on what inspired you to make these. I also like the side rail color matching Dave’s Gibson ES-335 guitar.

#6 12 days ago

the finish on this grey surface is bad. Specifically in this photo:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
It looks like this part was printed right side up, but looks like it could be printed upside down without support. Print it on a textured bed with sufficient squish, so that you can' see the lines and has a nice texture instead.

#7 12 days ago
Quoted from Brombomb:

I think this is pretty cool looking, and I like that it functionally adds to the game by giving you an easier to see status light

I second that

#8 12 days ago

Hey guys thanks for the feedback!

Quoted from Brombomb:

Thanks yes having a second insert up there telling you the overdrive is lit can be helpful to some people, so the added interactive functionality can be a plus.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

the finish on this grey surface is bad. Specifically in this photo:
[quoted image]
It looks like this part was printed right side up, but looks like it could be printed upside down without support. Print it on a textured bed with sufficient squish, so that you can' see the lines and has a nice texture instead.

Yes that installed photo is from the original raw prototype sorry you zoomed in on that lol, they're now made on a different printer to a higher standard, and you can see from the pics of the uninstalled pedals that surface looks much better.

#9 12 days ago

ArcadeBar That looks amazing!

Definitely in for one.

#10 12 days ago
Quoted from pinlights:

ArcadeBar That looks amazing!
Definitely in for one.

Awesome you just started the list Thanks!!
So we’re gettin back to work for u!(;

IMG_0549 (resized).jpegIMG_0549 (resized).jpeg

#11 12 days ago

Also each pedal will come padded in a Danger Zone coozie and safe in a pedal box, & inside a bubble mailer.
These stickers are for my real effects pedal but the first 15 orders will get a pair of DZ stickers tossed in the box too.

IMG_0551 (resized).jpegIMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
#12 12 days ago

Looks really good. Where will the line out (red tube) on the right go? Just wondering how that looks.

#13 11 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks really good. Where will the line out (red tube) on the right go? Just wondering how that looks.

Thanks! I don’t have it currently installed on mine but here’s a pic from when I first tested it out. It just feeds up behind the pedal and tucks down into a ‘service hole’ there that Stern has for wires to feed down below the pf. It’s the same hole that the two sets of Overdrive Pedal wires feed down through.

I’m a guitar player so I like the idea of having a cable, but at the same time it looks nice and clean without it. I’m definitely open for votes if ppl do/don’t want the cable. It’s a real guitar cable that I cut down and strip the wires out and was just an idea for esthetics. There’s not really room on the left side of the pedal for one nor would you see it if one was crammed in over there, so it’s one of those things that may or may not be of interest to people.

IMG_0212 (resized).jpegIMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
#14 11 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thanks! I don’t have it currently installed on mine but here’s a pic from when I first tested it out. It just feeds up behind the pedal and tucks down into a ‘service hole’ there that Stern has for wires to feed down below the pf. It’s the same hole that the two sets of Overdrive Pedal wires feed down through.
I’m a guitar player so I like the idea of having a cable, but at the same time it looks nice and clean without it. I’m definitely open for votes if ppl do/don’t want the cable. It’s a real guitar cable that I cut down and strip the wires out and was just an idea for esthetics. There’s not really room on the left side of the pedal for one nor would you see it if one was crammed in over there, so it’s one of those things that may or may not be of interest to people.
[quoted image]

I think it looks good like that. Might look better if it wiggles over to the loud horns also .

#15 11 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

Last question, I have not looked at the Overdrive lamp yet, but did you see if there is a matrix connection to replace the yellow lamp in place of the alligator clips?

#16 11 days ago

Oh, can you send a full pic of your pin so we can see that powder coat on it? Looks pretty sharp .

#17 11 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I think it looks good like that. Might look better if it wiggles over to the loud horns also .

Someone here can prob come up with a clever way to 'plug it in' to the drop target control panel, but then someone else on here will start saying "it's a ball trap!" - so I'll leave all that to the community(:

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Last question, I have not looked at the Overdrive lamp yet, but did you see if there is a matrix connection to replace the yellow lamp in place of the alligator clips?

It is a matrix bulb connection to the gi, but Stern has a pcb light for the Overdrive insert so its alligator clips there or if someone wanted to connect it another way they prefer.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh, can you send a full pic of your pin so we can see that powder coat on it? Looks pretty sharp .

Thanks I'm not at the machine now but I did post some in the owners thread mid summer last year when I first got it and did the upgrades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-overdrive-pedal-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.