IMG_2945 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2952 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2936 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2932 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8003 8 months ago

Is there a reason the captive ball stays locked under the alien for some time after a game ends. Seems to stay there until the end of the end sequence and then it’s released?

#8011 8 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

that was an issue with v0.95 code so they brought up v0.96 to fix a few bugs including the double jump up of those spikes

Quoted from EtzEtz:

Are you on the latest code release? That was changed at some point so that it drops right at the start of the match sequence.

I’ve only just unboxed it and the code updated after I connected to IC but I didn’t check the version. Played a few games yesterday and it’s updating again today. Maybe it didn’t properly update the first time.

#8014 8 months ago

This layout is truly special. Got me more excited for Jack's next game than any others ATM.

Lets hope the code can live up to the layout.

#8136 8 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I'm really excited for cooked71 - they at least have a code update to download and install!

Don’t know what you guys are complaining about. I’ve had 2 updates in a week……

1 month later
#8941 7 months ago

F*ck this game is good.

6 months later
#13512 14 days ago

F8ck this game is good.

#13571 11 days ago

I have a love hate relationship with this upper PF. It is the toughest of any game i've owned (haven't played Jaws yet). If you miss the shot you're almost guaranteed to drain out of it, particularly if it comes down the RHS. Is this what everyone else is experiencing and has anyone tweaked anything up there to make it easier? I was thinking I could put a thicker rubber on the RHS so that I can nudge the ball out to the flipper when it's rolling done there but I dont really want to "cheat".

#13582 11 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I think he meant draining out of the upper playfield if you don’t manage to get a clean loop shot up there. The ball has a tendency to roll back down on the right hand side and dribble out rather than get to the mini flipper for another try.

Yep. I can never manage to nudge it off that rubber back to the flipper. So essentially you’ve got one shot. If you make it you get another one, if not it’s more than likely to drain.

#13603 10 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I tried bending the metal sidewall ever so slightly to the right (over the edge) so there’s a slight bump as the ball transitions from the wall to the rubber ring. That little bump makes it more likely you can get a piece of it with the flipper. Not always though, especially if it’s a very low or slow rollback.

Good idea, might give that a go.

#13604 10 days ago

I kind of get obsessed with upgrading my weapons for better or worse. But I feel like I should be getting a bigger upgrade reward for either sweeping the bank, or hitting it on a skill shot. That skill shot is pretty hard - should upgrade me at least 2-3 levels. And there’s nothing for sweeping.

#13607 10 days ago
Quoted from HeronameX:

No sweep bonus is one of my few complaints with the game now. Skill shot to the drop targets isn't too difficult if you plunge just past the rock-o-meter, trap, then aim for the drops.

Do the skill shots end after hitting a switch on Foo? For example if the plunge goes into the slings?

#13658 4 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Saw a post of a working topper on Facebook, I have to admit, looks really cool! The light effects with multiball are super cool.

Must be missing something- was just about to ask if there is more topper code to come?!?! I think I’ve seen him move 3 or 4 times. Rest of the time he just sits there with a bunch of LEDs flashing behind him. Is that normal? Should I be not playing and instead watching the topper? Am I missing all the action or is there no action?

#13674 3 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Exactly! I thought spending $400 on the Black Knight topper was high when it originally came out. There is no way I'm going to spend $1k+ on any topper, no matter how much I like it, and I'm very much a topper guy (I have them on all but one machine). As it's been said many times, if people would stop giving-in to these insane prices, things would become cheaper fairly quick when their stock doesn't sell and they're forced to adjust.

People spend stupid money on stupid sh*t all the time. Some people even have rooms full of stupidly expensive pinball machines.

#13679 3 days ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

He should move every time he speaks. I had a defective one that only moved a few times than stopped moving until i powered off the machine and powered it back on. Stern sent me a replacement that works properly.

I’ve only seen him move at the start of a game (whilst speaking) but that’s it. Maybe that’s normal.

#13694 40 hours ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Compared to full machines, toppers are not that labor intensive. Topper prices have generally been too high, but we still bought them at $1000+. They’ve been boiling the frog to find the ceiling. I think $2000 was just too far, I wouldn’t be surprised if sales on this topper were less than projected. I think at $1000, all 1000 LE owners would buy one. That’s a cool mil in sales, for an item that prob doesn’t cost more than $200 to build.
I can afford the topper. I’m making a statement by not buying it (or the shooter rod)…and I did buy these things for Rush. Zero reason Foo’s accessories should be so much more. We’ve never seen Stern course correct on prices…and I kinda get it for the full machines - but I think they need to correct on accessories. Accessories are easy money if priced right.

Up until now think accessories have been an afterthought for Stern. When demand for your games has been so high that you’ve struggled to keep up, where do you allocate resources? To game production. With sales slowing recently that might change. There’s definitely a captive market that they’ve mostly been missing out on.

My game room is full (actually more than full) and I love all the games I have. I’m more tempted to add stupid stuff like toppers to my existing games than buy a new game that might not be as good as the ones I have. And I’d much prefer to buy official Stern stuff.

I think the large pool of Stern owners could now be an important source of income for Stern - be it accessories or Insider Connect. If they get serious about accessories they could actually outsource production which should bring the price down. I'd argue alot of the stupid topper and accessories prices in general is a result of them manufacturing in house. Toppers in particular are built just like a mini pinball machine - some flat plastics, a node board, some LED's, a coil or motor and 1 moulded plastic toy if you're lucky.

#13703 15 hours ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, part of it is their own forced rarity and flippers selling out of production toppers for stupid money, and IMO they’re jacking up accessory prices to compensate for machine sales slowing down. However, the last thing a customer wants to do after seeing their $13k games drop $3k in value is spend another $2k plus on toppers and accessories. They should be sending LE buyers accessory “thank you” packages to keep them from abandoning NIB.

I doubt machine sales were substantially down when Foo topper came out, and even if they were, no way the minuscule sales volume would even make a dent in overall machine sales anyway.

And I dont buy that its a deliberate attempt at artificial scarcity. I just think they couldn’t be bothered up to this point. They didn’t have the resources to throw at developing and making more accessories so they just priced them according to the actual rarity. The scarcity came from the fact they only devoted limited resources to making the them in house. Just IMO of course.

Having said all that no question the accessories are too expensive if they ever want them to be a meaningful part of their business. Maybe they should look at licensing to some of the existing, high end mod makers.

#13706 14 hours ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Foo topper came out a month or so ago. Venom has been a flop since last summer, and Stern/distribs had piles of NIB that weren’t moving at the time the Foo topper was announced.

I think you misunderstood. I’m talking about toppers like GB & BK that were $500 and under produced. Then people scalped them for thousands - Stern saw that and decided to make that the baseline MSRP for future toppers.

Possibly. It's all just speculation anyway. Regardless I have to admit, Foo is one of the better Stern toppers. Could do with a bit more code tho.

This game is lightning in a bottle. Very curious to see if Jack can follow it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 699.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.