IMG_4927 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4925 (resized).jpeg
FD score motor switches (resized).JPG
FD bonus resetting (resized).JPG
IMG_4832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4831 (resized).jpeg
#1 12 days ago

Hello everyone I’ve recently acquired a Fast Draw 4 player and it had been sitting for some years but has been in private hands since 1977
I blew it out and was able to play it but then it got stuck and I’ve checked a bunch of things and couldn’t find anything I’ll link a video to what my issue is

IMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4831 (resized).jpegIMG_4832 (resized).jpegIMG_4832 (resized).jpeg

#2 12 days ago

Well when is it doing this? End of the game, start if that game?
Will it start a new game if hit the start button?

#3 12 days ago

Yeah...what he said.

Looks like your bonus unit is subtracting bonus during the reset, and the machine doesn't realize that it's at zero. I'd start by looking at a couple of the switches on the bonus unit that change state when the unit is at zero. They're highlighted on the snippet below:

FD bonus resetting (resized).JPGFD bonus resetting (resized).JPG

Both switches should both be in a position that de-energizes the E relay.

#4 12 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well when is it doing this? End of the game, start if that game?
Will it start a new game if hit the start button?

It’s constantly doing it now it won’t do anything else

#5 12 days ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'd start by looking at a couple of the switches on the bonus unit that change state when the unit is at zero.

Try counting the bonus unit down manually with the machine off. You should see a switch(es) that should close when you get to the end and it won't subtract any more. That's a zero switch. Make sure that (it, they)actually close(s). You could even push them closed when the machine is endlessly working and see if it goes to reset.

#6 12 days ago

I think those switches should be open when the bonus unit is at zero. Well, the m/b switch should be open on the "bottom" side.

#7 12 days ago
Quoted from paulace:

I think those switches should be open

oops.

#8 12 days ago

I’m going to assume it’s the larger wheel that is spinning on the bottom

#9 12 days ago
Quoted from Mcc18:

I’m going to assume it’s the larger wheel that is spinning on the bottom

That's the score motor the bonus unit hangs down from the playfield.

#10 12 days ago

Yeah, the bonus unit is hanging down from the underside of the pf, lower right as you have it in the service position. It's a stepper that rotates incrementally in both directions - counting up and counting down - and there are 2 coils on it, one that adds bonus, the other that subtracts bonus.

Just push the coil plungers in with your finger and look at how the disc rotates each time you do it. You're looking for switches that change state when the rotating disc rotates as far as it can (bonus down to zero). The switches will change state again the first time you use the solenoid to increment the bonus. They should be in one state at zero bonus, and in the other state for all other bonus amounts.

As always, check for shorted tabs, wires, etc. on each switch or elsewhere.

#11 11 days ago

So every thing seems to be working fine i don’t see any touching contacts are a little dirty im going to clean them but i rotated it and everything seems to move as it should

Quoted from paulace:

Yeah, the bonus unit is hanging down from the underside of the pf, lower right as you have it in the service position. It's a stepper that rotates incrementally in both directions - counting up and counting down - and there are 2 coils on it, one that adds bonus, the other that subtracts bonus.
Just push the coil plungers in with your finger
and look at how the disc rotates each time you do it. You're looking for switches that change state when the rotating disc rotates as far as it can (bonus down to zero). The switches will change state again the first time you use the solenoid to increment the bonus. They should be in one state at zero bonus, and in the other state for all other bonus amounts.
As always, check for shorted tabs, wires, etc. on each switch or elsewhere.

#12 11 days ago

Is the E relay staying energized while this is going on?

There are 7 switches (see below) that get the score motor going - one of them is probably staying closed. You can try to put some paper between the contacts of each switch to see if the motor shuts off.

FD score motor switches (resized).JPGFD score motor switches (resized).JPG

The wires to all those switches should have the same colors: RED-WH and YEL+RED

#13 10 days ago

So I found a wire in the back on relay M it seams to have gotten hot at some point

It’s a maroon and white wire

Quoted from paulace:

Is the E relay staying energized while this is going on?
There are 7 switches (see below) that get the score motor going - one of them is probably staying closed. You can try to put some paper between the contacts of each switch to see if the motor shuts off.
[quoted image]
The wires to all those switches should have the same colors: RED-WH and YEL+RED

IMG_4925 (resized).jpegIMG_4925 (resized).jpegIMG_4926 (resized).jpegIMG_4926 (resized).jpegIMG_4927 (resized).jpegIMG_4927 (resized).jpegIMG_4928 (resized).jpegIMG_4928 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-not-resetting- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.