Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mad_carl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Friend of mine’s Royal Rumble (WWF) is acting up.

It’s going into the Diagnostics menu randomly in the middle of a game.

I stopped by his place today to check it out and I managed by to get the diagnostics menu to pop up immediately on my first game when activating the flippers. I assumed there was something lose. So I restarted the game and shook it, and happened again. Checked the back box. Poked around and couldn’t reproduce it. Reseated c14 but didn’t get much further before I had to leave

I noticed that when powered on it going right to the High powered disabled/interlock switch message with the coin door open or closed. Even when pushing the interlock manually the message persists.

Also The service switches are currently removed (not by)

I’ve never had any issues with service/interlock switches on any of my data east game so this is new to me. I know these switches are not on the matrix and I tracked the service buttons to c14 via the schematics I found online (I don’t have a hard copy for my game either) but nothing on the interlock switches.

I have a feeling the diagnostics/and interlock messages issues are related and it’s likely shorted somehow

The interlock shows open/closed
The service button activates randomly, but it goes right to Diagnostics instead of Adjustments so that likely means the Green service switch is showing that it is in the depressed position.

Anyone have any ideas on this or where to start?

#2 10 months ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Anyone have any ideas on this or where to start?

Switches shorted to metal ? Wiring for those switches pinched or shorted, especially inside a wire casing or door harness where you can't see it ? MPU battery damage, solder splashes, metal parts behind boards ?

LTG : )

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switches shorted to metal ? Wiring for those switches pinched or shorted, especially inside a wire casing or door harness where you can't see it ? MPU battery damage, solder splashes, metal parts behind boards ?
LTG : )

Yeah I thought about something being jammed behind that board. He had the game at a techs shop for a shop job and some powder coating. This issue started shortly after it returned to location.

He cut that service switch off for him and tapped the wires….. But really he could have pulled the connector at the mpu I guess.

I’m trying to wrap my head around how they are connected. Can’t really find anything in the schematics about that interlock.

I brought the mpu out of my WWF but didn’t bother trying it as I think he might have something else going on. Plus my I had my game set to free play and I couldnt switch to coin drop for him with his service switch cut off lol

There was a lose coin mech and coil plunger flopping around in the bottom of the cab and a hand full of washers. Not really ideal to have that in the cab when you’re transporting. I gave the playfield a little shake when I pulled it up to see if there was anything lose in there. I’m going to head back tomorrow when I have some more time and have a closer look. I’ll likely start with putting that service switch back in and double checking the wiring on those interlocks. Then follow the loom back to the mpu and pull that board off to check behind it.

Thought I’d see if anyone has had a similar issue as I couldn’t find any threads that seemed related to get some ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-interlock-service-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.