(Topic ID: 289053)

Data East flipper rebuild - can't get bat out!!

By TeaHaus

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TeaHaus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210302_171158 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello: Just wondering if there's a trick other than brute strength that will loosen the bolt that holds the flipper bat in place. (see image). I'm pretty sure that someone put loctite on but I've tried heating it to no avail. I have a pretty powerful heat-gun but I'm afraid that the heat needed will damage other things around the flipper mount. Is my next step to get a small pocket-torch? The bolt is not moving at all. Thanks for any tips/advice.D

20210302_171158 (resized).jpg20210302_171158 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Vice grip to try and loosen the cap that is left of the bolt. Hammer and wedge on the gap in the clevis.

Then punch and hammer on flipper shaft.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

I would just use vice grip and brute force to get the black bolt out; worst case scenario the head snaps off, this is minor as you can still get the bat out and you have to replace the bolt anyways since its obviously stripped but it puts you in a position to get the entire flipper assembly out of the machine if need be.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice. You guys were correct. Didn't need heat, just vice-grips and brute force. Everything came out after that.........thanks again!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-flipper-rebuild-can-t-get-bat-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.