20240324_150535 (resized).jpg
20240324_144941 (resized).jpg
IMG_0243 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7587 (resized).jpg
IMG_7588 (resized).jpg
IMG_7523 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,692 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 374.
#18651 50 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow so much faster! It absolutely makes a difference
Thank you Sutol for the fix
Everyone needs to do this if there Batmobile spinner is slowing down

Glad to help Tony and great to see you notice the difference it makes straight away.
Anyone with early run games should give it a go. It's not hard to do and doesn't take too long either.
Certainly makes the bat turn mode more fun that's for sure.

#18652 50 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow so much faster! It absolutely makes a difference
Thank you Sutol for the fix
Everyone needs to do this if there Batmobile spinner is slowing down
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What am I suppose to be seeing in 1st 2 pics?

#18653 50 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

You are seeing one of lock nuts that's holding one of the 2 posts on the top if the batmobile spinner. You can rotate the batmobile spinner 180 degrees to get at the other lock nut. By removing those 2 nuts, the batmobile spinner can be lifted off from the top if the playfield so you can get access to the washers and thrust bearing under it from the top side if the playfield.

#18654 50 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

IMG_7481 (resized).jpegIMG_7481 (resized).jpegIMG_7523 (resized).jpegIMG_7523 (resized).jpeg
#18655 49 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! What size is the set screw? Allen?

#18656 48 days ago

I have a 2017 run that has a clear plastic over the left Catwoman ramp which I think was added later in response to airballs. On my game, slow shots frequently get stuck as the plastic sits low and catches and holds the ball. Shaking will usually release the ball but sometimes it takes so much shaking it tilts.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

#18657 48 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I have a 2017 run that has a clear plastic over the left Catwoman ramp which I think was added later in response to airballs. On my game, slow shots frequently get stuck as the plastic sits low and catches and holds the ball. Shaking will usually release the ball but sometimes it takes so much shaking it tilts.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

Can you post a picture with the pinball on the ramp where it’s getting stuck?

#18658 48 days ago

Here's with ball stuck and no ball.

IMG_7587 (resized).jpgIMG_7587 (resized).jpgIMG_7588 (resized).jpgIMG_7588 (resized).jpg
#18659 48 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Here's with ball stuck and no ball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You’re missing a piece.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7036-00

And instructions link

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/755-7616-00

IMG_0243 (resized).jpegIMG_0243 (resized).jpeg

#18660 48 days ago

Thanks. Is that the Stern fix for the problem or a secondary market developed fix? Was the plastic I have originally in the game?

I plan to order it but curious about the history of fixing that ramp’s problems.

#18661 48 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Thanks. Is that the Stern fix for the problem or a secondary market developed fix? Was the plastic I have originally in the game?
I plan to order it but curious about the history of fixing that ramp’s problems.

It’s a fix that Stern put out. You have the shorter original piece that came on earlier builds.

#18662 48 days ago

Thinking about running a Batman 66 at my arcade. Anything I should know before doing so? Any extra maintenance? Stuck ball locations? Thanks!

#18663 48 days ago

Whoa! I cracked the score open yesterday. Full disclosure... 5 ball games, tight outlanes, generous ball saves. But 98% of this occurred on natural ball 3. (Of course I then wasted several extra balls as well as 4&5.)
I saved holy multiball for last, and triggered it during the first ball of villain escape. Playfield multipier was 10x, all shot multipliers were super flashy, and upper lanes got up to 130x. A full 2hour game.
Needless to say I need to walk away for a bit. Very little chance in duplicating that game.

20240324_144941 (resized).jpg20240324_144941 (resized).jpg20240324_150535 (resized).jpg20240324_150535 (resized).jpg
#18664 47 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Stern fix. You’re welcome!

#18665 45 days ago

Does anyone have a copy of the old code 0.6X? Want to show the difference in the initial release code and current but I can not find my old SD card.

#18666 41 days ago

Added pictures for the four different version of my BM66 hazard mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-hazard-light-mod-#post-8059992

4 Versions (resized).png4 Versions (resized).png Added 21 days ago:

#18667 41 days ago

For those that have put the Hallmark figures in your game.... new one this Oct

Hall (resized).pngHall (resized).png
1 week later
#18668 33 days ago

any talk of another run of this one day? or are they 100% done?

#18669 32 days ago

Is the new code stable or does it still suffer from lock up issues?

#18670 31 days ago

Can someone take a picture of their LE topper wiring into the plate with the node boards? Reason being, I purchased a the LE topper and the plate with the node boards but I need to determine the cables/harnesses that go into the node boards so I can try and purchase them. I know there is a SLE wiring picture in this thread but I’m not sure if the LE is different. Thank you

#18671 31 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Is the new code stable or does it still suffer from lock up issues?

Is there new code that came out super recently? Because the newest code crashes. I downgraded and haven't had a problem since. Frustratingly, Stern replied to me and acted surprised by the crashes, despite me pointing out Eric Stone's recent video even showed it in action.

#18672 31 days ago

Any one have any ideas on the following issue:

During a game randomly ball save will appear on the screen and launch another ball while the other ball is in play?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

#18673 30 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is there new code that came out super recently? Because the newest code crashes. I downgraded and haven't had a problem since. Frustratingly, Stern replied to me and acted surprised by the crashes, despite me pointing out Eric Stone's recent video even showed it in action.

So, what is the latest stable code? I forget. I'm on most recent and mine crashes occasionally.

#18674 30 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, what is the latest stable code? I forget. I'm on most recent and mine crashes occasionally.

Seemingly 1.09. Hated the crashes because it always happens during a good game. Outside of crashing, the game seems identical and mine has no insider connect.

#18675 30 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Seemingly 1.09. Hated the crashes because it always happens during a good game. Outside of crashing, the game seems identical and mine has no insider connect.

That's what I thought, 1.09. What are the odds I could pay someone here to burn 1.09 onto an SD card and send it to me? I have neither the code itself, or computer skills to do it. Thanks!

#18676 30 days ago

That's what I thought, 1.09. What are the odds I could pay someone here to burn 1.09 onto an SD card and send it to me? I have neither the code itself, or computer skills to do it. Thanks!

You'd be shocked how simple it is. Shocked. Takes 5 minutes. Hell, send me a card and return shipping, and I'd do it for you.

#18677 30 days ago

I got my machine back from a coworker who had borrowed it from me for about a year. It's still on 1.09 code because I had seen the posts in here about crashing on later versions. A week or two before he brought it back to me, he told me had a very good and very long game that ended in a crash with the bat signal flashing for a minor villain multiball. That's consistent with what folks have been saying about the crashes happening in long games or well-progressed games.

That's just one data point, but might indicate the problem was already present in 1.09 and just got more prevalent in subsequent releases.

I think it's really disappointing that Stern won't dedicate more resources to bug fixes than they currently do. All signs seem to indicate business is better than ever for them, so you'd think dedicating a junior software engineer to these kinds of issues would be more feasible.

#18678 30 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

That's just one data point, but might indicate the problem was already present in 1.09 and just got more prevalent in subsequent releases.

I had a problem with game freezes during long duration games almost immediately after updating to 1.09. I seem to have fixed it with a new SD card, and it's been stable since (knock hard on wood). I suspect this issue did begin with 1.09, but now that mine seems stable again, I really don't want to take the chance of upgrading to anything over 1.09, at least until there's really something worth upgrading for, which I doubt there will be this late in the game.

#18679 30 days ago

I have 1.09 and it seems to have fixed mine (knock on wood). Perhaps they got even worse after?

#18680 29 days ago

I just emailed Stern again, after no update from four months ago. I would suggest, since this code issue bug continues, the more that email maybe they will pick it back up and simply not just give up - I reverted back to 1.08 —- but ignoring this issue for this long is poor.

#18681 29 days ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

I just emailed Stern again, after no update from four months ago. I would suggest, since this code issue bug continues, the more that email maybe they will pick it back up and simply not just give up - I reverted back to 1.08 —- but ignoring this issue for this long is poor.

They're saying that nobody has told them this is an issue, which is obviously a lie.

Screenshot_20240413_070009_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240413_070009_Gmail (resized).jpg
#18682 29 days ago

I can promise you, they've known about it. I posted a YouTube video of mine with the sound and lights frozen per Sterns request and sent them the link. That was a couple months ago.

#18683 29 days ago

I can promise you, they've known about it. I posted a YouTube video of mine with the sound and lights frozen per Sterns request and sent them the link. That was a couple months ago.

Can't you reeeeeeead? They've received "no other complaints!" Everyone here is having one big fever dream, according to Stern.

It is so dumb that they'd dare say this as they know we speak with each other. So silly.

1 week later
#18684 17 days ago

Just got a Batman - the joker standup gets stuck on the left side. Several posts here about it but no best solution that I can find. Any recommendations????

#18685 17 days ago

Sharing for the good of the cause…….had just completed the first super in jailbreak and hit the bat signal to restart. Reverted to 1.08 after this one, only 10% as heartbreaking as previous lockup score lol-

#18686 17 days ago

Got the Vimtoman Penguin Crane hazard light mod installed. Highly recommend it. Looks great on it!!

#18687 17 days ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Just got a Batman - the joker standup gets stuck on the left side. Several posts here about it but no best solution that I can find. Any recommendations????

I had the very same problem on mine. Apparently, this was an ongoing problem that was eventually fixed by Stern (although I'm not exactly certain what they did to remedy this).

You could try repositioning both of the targets by loosening the screws below the playfield. Initially, that's what I did, but the problem soon returned.

What I wound up doing was removing the right target (which is what the left one is hanging up on), and using a Dremel with a cutting wheel to remove the top of the target switch mount. The mount, when viewed from above, looks to be in the shape of an "L"; I just cut off that one side of the "L", that shows above the playfield, that the left target was rubbing against. It has worked correctly ever since.

Hope this helps.

#18688 16 days ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Sharing for the good of the cause…….had just completed the first super in jailbreak and hit the bat signal to restart. Reverted to 1.08 after this one, only 10% as heartbreaking as previous lockup score lol-

UPDATE: contacted stern support and shared my post and what I know. Suggestion was new SD card resolved this in all known cases. I was on a new SD card with newest code but I can’t rule out SD corruption on this, all things considered. I will try it this weekend, I am encouraging others to also try a fresh max speed SD if you’ve had the lockup and report back.

#18689 16 days ago

Thanks. Going to work on it next weekend.

Quoted from Scotty_K:I had the very same problem on mine. Apparently, this was an ongoing problem that was eventually fixed by Stern (although I'm not exactly certain what they did to remedy this).
You could try repositioning both of the targets by loosening the screws below the playfield. Initially, that's what I did, but the problem soon returned.
What I wound up doing was removing the right target (which is what the left one is hanging up on), and using a Dremel with a cutting wheel to remove the top of the target switch mount. The mount, when viewed from above, looks to be in the shape of an "L"; I just cut off that one side of the "L", that shows above the playfield, that the left target was rubbing against. It has worked correctly ever since.
Hope this helps.

#18690 14 days ago

Post deleted; IC issue resolved.

#18691 12 days ago

I sold my catwoman a few yrs ago and miss it so I got an LE ordered today!

Any options for a projector for LE? Unfortunately doesn’t have stern one.

#18692 12 days ago

I have one that came off my Batman 66 premium SLE clone. I installed a replica Batman and Robin topper which I prefer.

Don't really want to sell the projector topper, but it's just lying around and I could use the cash for a Foo LE topper.

PM if interested, it won't be cheap

IMG_2333 (resized).jpgIMG_2333 (resized).jpgIMG_2335 (resized).jpgIMG_2335 (resized).jpgIMG_2337 (resized).jpgIMG_2337 (resized).jpgIMG_2338 (resized).jpgIMG_2338 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpgIMG_8850 (resized).jpgIMG_8850 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,692 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/374 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.