Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 days ago

I have a Dolly Parton that pops the F4 fuse on power on. I've found that it pops when J3 is plugged into the SDB. So I did some more digging and found that if I pull the yellow wire at A3J3-5 The fuse doesn't pop on power on, but does pop a few seconds later when the GI blinks off and back on. The Bridge Rectifier board is new, as is the MPU and the SDB. All the components seem to test good on the bridge rectifier board. I've been pulling my hair out on this one all day. What am I missing?

#2 12 days ago
Quoted from RandyW:

So I did some more digging and found that if I pull the yellow wire at A3J3-5 The fuse doesn't pop on power on, but does pop a few seconds later when the GI blinks off and back on.

A3J3-5 is 43V going to the flipper enable relay. Even with a shorted driver transistor for the relay it will not blow the 5A fuse.
The G.I. should not be blinking off and on.
This sounds like some serious wiring problem somewhere, probably at the rectifier board.

#3 11 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

A3J3-5 is 43V going to the flipper enable relay. Even with a shorted driver transistor for the relay it will not blow the 5A fuse.
The G.I. should not be blinking off and on.
This sounds like some serious wiring problem somewhere, probably at the rectifier board.

Sounds like I’m going through the entire harness. I love working behind other people.

#4 11 days ago

Disconnect J1 and J3 from the rectifier board. Do the rectifier board test point voltages measure near spec?

#5 11 days ago

I found the issue. The last person who touched it, repinned the connectors and got a wire in the wrong spot. They had A2J3-18 on A2J3-13. The odd thing is it worked for a while!!

Thank you very much.

#6 11 days ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I found the issue. The last person who touched it, repinned the connectors and got a wire in the wrong spot. They had A2J3-18 on A2J3-13.

Ouch!
Good to hear you found it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dolly-keeps-blowing-f4-narrowed-to-43v-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.