5558A95F-6D84-467F-B676-21B6CF2EE14A_1_102_o.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5546.jpeg
IMG_5545.jpeg
IMG_5544.jpeg
IMG_5540.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#386 6 years ago

I have rebuilt, working Vidiot boards for sale. PM me if you need one.

3 weeks later
#426 6 years ago

Have a working vidiot board nice shape for sale. Ebay tomorrow. Or get it now for less.

4 weeks later
#487 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Any other ideas as to why high score initials are wacky upon saving? Mpu or Vidiot related?

Not Vidiot related, it has no memory ram. I would swap another NVRAM or 5101 just for kicks. Maybe then go into bookkeeping and clear the high score initial entries.

#489 6 years ago

next up. swap MPU U7 6810.

#490 6 years ago

One last thing, are the initials set with the joystick at all? if so, the PIA on the vidiot controls that. They can pass the vidiot self test and still cause problems(if its an AMI brand chip replace it for sure?) either way swap the PIA.

#492 6 years ago

U7

#494 6 years ago

The PIA’s are same as mpu U10 and U11

5 months later
#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Crt1989:

Recently acquired a Baby Pacman. Every thing works except sound. No start up sound, gameplay sound, etc. My test sound does work however, and I can adjust the loudness of the test sound with both my video pots. I have noticed that when both pots are all the way up I am getting a hum from the speakers. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Vidiot board has an issue.

#548 5 years ago

Yes, its the processor that controls the sound on the vidiot.

1 month later
#562 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

U27 is a CPU, not an EPROM.
The sound EPROMs are U29 & U30.
EPROMs have a window in the chip covered by a label. This is so they can be erased with UV light and rewritten.
Be very careful about replacing a chip socket. The traces and solder pads are *very* fragile. If you are not an experienced in soldering/desoldering, or if all you have is a soldering iron (and not a desoldering iron), I would highly recommend that you leave it alone or send it out for professional repair. Once a pad or trace is lifted, it's difficult to reliably repair.
IMHO, vidiot boards are one of the worst boards to do work on since the traces and pads are so fragile. On top of that, there are no replacement vidiot boards available.
The primary reason why you don't see too many baby pacman games is because of vidiot board failures, and it was a tricky board to repair, so many games ended up getting tossed.

All true. I have repaired many and still do but it ain’t cheap.

2 months later
#585 5 years ago

I repair Vidiot boards if anyone needs one serviced.

2 weeks later
#590 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

You should make a Pinside business or a thread about it!!! A lot of guys could use Vidiot repair service!
Also do you do the Vidiot Deluxe that was in GatG? I have a Vidiot deluxe and I can’t test it but I’d like to have a working on for when a Granny shows up near me!

I have fixed a few in the past, but I don’t have a granny anymore to test one in.

1 month later
#605 5 years ago

Vidiot repair available. Message me if needed.

3 months later
#623 4 years ago

Just a shout out. I'm repairing Vidiot boards again. A few pinsiders have used my service before.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Just a shout out. I'm repairing Vidiot boards again. A few pinsiders have used my service before.

weekend special.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How about Vidiot deluxe? As in GNG?

Yep. Those also.

#628 4 years ago

bump. need beer money

1 week later
#634 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay after clearer thinking
My Vidiot only gets 9 out of 10 flashes
So at least it’s a start to fixing it

check the vrams. Only one might have failed.

7 months later
#717 4 years ago

Send me your Vidiot boards for repair or rebuild. Tech work and good price.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Fast turnaround too, definitely gets my recommendation for anyone who needs these repaired.

Thanks!

2 months later
#735 3 years ago

Got a nice Vidiot for sale. working..

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

2 months later
#743 3 years ago

yes

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To which question? Haha

You need the diode to block the board from trying to charge the battery pack

9 months later
#831 2 years ago

Have a few clean working Vidiot boards available. $275 plus shipping. Get em before eBay does.

7 months later
#865 2 years ago
Quoted from mohega8:

Help! My sound gets mixed up after 5-10minutes of play on my Baby Pac-Man
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"09fddebc72e9a3adb74671de351bc476da19cfc4-1641331162-1800"};
//]]>

I've acquired a clean cab in fantastic condition. New MPU boards and I've gone ahead and replaced all the headers. Upon start up it will skip the tune, however, everything passes in the communication test and I get the "ray gun" sound. The game plays perfectly, until about 2-3 games in after the first power-on, the sounds suddenly get mixed up. For example, the sound of the pellets being collected is instead the game start tune. I'm looking for ANY advice that can help narrow down this issue. Does this seem like a trace problem on the vidiot board? Possible capacitor issues? Wrong wiring? What could be most probable and where to look? I've worked my way from the power supply but must be missing something. Thanks for any assistance!

Bad PIA I think. Replace U7.

1 month later
#867 2 years ago

It most likely U10 or it’s socket. Any corrosion on the board? U10 often gets hit when the mpu battery leaks. Inspect the socket closely. It probably has some corrosion on some of the pins.

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

I think you are right - when i applied pressure to the U10 and got another person in front of the game i was able to get it working and playing without issue until i unapplied the pressure and it instantly went off

Replace the socket

8 months later
#962 1 year ago

All these pots are readily available on ebay cheap. Bourns or knock offs are all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baby-pacman-clubwaka-waka-waka?tu=jj44114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.