76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I know the SEs are on the line this week (as of 2 days ago). Doubt any are in the wild as of yet. No clue how long JJP takes to go from line to consumers, but i imagine next week you may start seeing some.

I just hope they give the first batch of SEs to distributors.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. The SE looks so barren. The bass string wireforms and the Gibson headstock ball lock are the coolest things about this game.

No way man, lights, music, animations, theme integrations are at the top of my list. Those other things are BAD ASS though. I think if an SE is in your budget you are getting a great value, and the same can be said for LE. Game seems worth it compared to many machines all around.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Compare the light show between the two. Is the SE light show even close to the LE?

Curious on this as well. I inquired in chat as to the lighting differences and according to Joe Katz the sole differences are missing mechanical stage lights and rgb vs white on the rails. Playfield lighting identical, so I would think closer than people make it out to be.

In my mind I am probably downplaying the importance of the rails, but only because I ordered the SE, and want to believe its amazing as well.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You talking about the SDTM video? I don’t remember seeing SE light show. You remember what time it was?

I think they just mean the most impressive moments were when the rgb rails happened to be white.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'm also super interested in more info on the standard edition. It says there are 200 RGB leds on the standard, and white hotrails, and the LE has 350 RGB leds, and color hotrails.
Are they double counting the hot rails? Where are the extra 150 RGB leds? The map?

The extra rgb lights are exclusively in the hotrails, and 2 mechanical spotlights. There are only 2 more physical lights, (the 2 stage lights). I found the wording confusing myself, so I asked the other day during the Buffalo stream.

*edit, also whatever lights are included on the ball lock and upper playfield.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

and there are four hexagonal lights with 6 RGB over the stage so maybe that’s enough to create color ambiances...

Seeing these in person was very impressive. So happy they are in all models. They are stunning. All I can think about is how awesome this will look in my dark gameroom, considering how bright they were in the broad daylight and well lit arcade I was in.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So dumb question on the Hot Rails. In my eyes these are just improved an improved version of the LED strips people have been adding to other games. These are done really nice and lighting programmed with the game so it’s a big improvement. It says the SE is only white and not RGB but I wonder if they actually have the RGB’s in them and the code is just set to white only. It would not make sense from a manufacturing perspective to have two different parts if you don’t have to. And it’s a CHEAP way to add perceived value to the LE. Take away something that is actually there.

Hard to say, but there certainly is a cost difference in white vs rgb led lights. It may be minimal , but my money is on they are physically a different product. Code is the big question. Ideally SE owners could swap out the leds and be good to go, but I’m not holding my breath.

Thankfully all play field and backboard lighting is identical.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am torn between the LE and the SE, I am personally low on my feeling for the upper PF which is the main difference.
LE
better lighting
better art
shaker
invisible glass
costs more
not sure about the upper PF (it seems like meh, reading some people say you just hit the ball either lock or to the bass ramp).
SE
costs a lot less
probably faster just the ramp (no upper PF)
worst light
worst art (imo)
Easy to get... shaker plus PDI glass would add ~$400 to the cost so it'll be $2350 cost to get the better art, better light and upper PF.

7563D78C-DCD9-43F6-AB4B-0B428F42E17E (resized).png7563D78C-DCD9-43F6-AB4B-0B428F42E17E (resized).png
#78 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The designer designed the SE as well. In fact he pushed for the price point and it’s clear that it is a source of pride for him. 2800 is a huge price difference. 41% of the price of the SE and 50% the price of a stern pro...
The upper PF and ball lock are certainly very cool but they don’t seem to add much to gameplay... The focus of this game is the songs and I can’t imagine paying attention to an upper PF during multi ball. I can certainly see those features becoming annoying once the newness wears off and you want to speed up gameplay.

Well said , for me I just don’t care about the upper play field. A 6750 dollar JJP is just too tempting to pass up. Seems like a low risk even if I hate it, I’ll recoup almost all my money.

rai - I sincerely understand the struggle , I drive myself nuts every time I buy a machine. Hopefully you’ll see something that helps you pull the trigger , but I just think you’re driving yourself nuts with all of this. It’s YOUR game, and it sounds like you could care less about the upper play field. So you just need to decide if the bells and whistles are worth it. The bells and whistles on LE certainly are amazing. I LOVE the stage lights and cymbals. But I love money more.

Good luck

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For those buying the SE, GET A SHAKER! probably the best shaker integration I have seen.

The subtle shaker action when hitting those crispy orbits sold me on a shaker for my SE.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Disagree that Toy Story is that strong of a theme. I agree it has a lot of possibilities for a fun game and I enjoy the first movie... but it is a very childish theme.

I dont enjoy pinball because it makes me feel grown up. I enjoy it because it gives me the feeling I had playing video games as a kid. Only difference is I never drank beer while playing mario bros.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

GNR might be awesome. But like they said I know Maiden is Awesome. You should tell keith Maiden is too easy...

He said himself it’s too easy.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No streams until a homeowner shows us.

My distro told me 1-3 weeks for SEs to start shipping. This was yesterday, so fingers crossed its closer to the 1 week time frame

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Wasn’t there factory photos of basically complete SE’s from 2 weeks ago? Surprising that none have shipped.

I would have thought so too, but I dont want to even pretend to know anything about pinball machine manufacturing. Only reason I can come up with is maybe they want to produce enough to fulfill all the initial orders at one time for logistics reason.

Just an assumption though. I saw the same pics, so I thought I would already be playing, haha.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that it's #3
3. They are making professionally shot and edited videos to feature both SE and LE gameplay and highlight the differences between the two versions. Stern does something similar to show the differences between Pro an Premium games. If they just put out a hastily shot SE video that is done poorly, it may hinder sales more than help it. I also didn't think that the Buffalo Pinball gameplay video really helped them show off the gameplay or the excitement of the game well. I think they would be better served to show video from multiple angles (top down doesn't show off this game well) in an environment that shows off the games lighting and features in a positive manner. In these times of Covid where it's not easy for people to play these games in person, I think spending money to produce professionally shot videos are a necessity.

Maybe even a 4th option.

Sales have FAR exceeded anything they have ever done, they cant even come close to keeping up with demand currently, so there is no motivation to market this game currently.

I mean the CE is sold out, the LE is selling like crazy, and im willing to bet the SE is also selling very well. I was told distributors are getting a fraction of what they requested on the SE, and we already know CE & LE were slim pickings.

They had a very well thought out launch for this game, and it paid off. I can see there motivation and energy being focused 100 percent on producing product currently.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

SE looks great, light show great. I love the 2 ramps rather than upper PF, still unsure about the gameplay/multi ball fever, my local arcade has an LE and will get AIQ so I will be able to play both and see which I prefer.
Don't care for the way EB can sometimes just happen (I'm sure it's qualified) but it looks like you are just shooting around and all the sudden an EB is dropped into play.

Having played mine a few games now I can honestly say I feel silly for believing I would regret not having the rgb side rails, because I don’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m SURE they add something, but the SE in a dark arcade / basement is more than enough light show for anyone, it’s incredible. Actually, I now believe the all white lights add a kick ass concert feel.

I feel like I need to take my contacts out, because they feel dried out. It may be from something else... but the light shows are like the circus, in tents.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I put down a $1000 non refundable deposit thinking that the only difference was the color - as stated by JJP. It’s completely deceptive to not animate them like the LE version

Trust me, in person you’ll never even remember rgb rails even exist. Light show is 10/10 regardless

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely agree. You're dropping 7k already and not getting the full lightshow? You might not think white is boring when you first get the SE but a month later you're saying damn, I want the real lightshow and still dropped 7k? Absolute no brainer. LE all day.

The SE has a full light show. Having the game and seeing it (not on stream) I can say even if you could swap out the rails as a mod I wouldn’t even bother. Not after seeing it in person.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'm pretty sure he's not. Haha

That doesnt count, he cheated

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man...that was a disappointing stream.
CE foul-ups, game orders backed up being shipped, playfields seemingly pooling, and a really underwhelming fairly barren SE being streamed have really taken the wind out of the sails for me, for this game.
These streams need to cap off at 30-60 minutes. The energy just fizzles, and this one in particular seemed really low energy.
The white hotrails lose so much via no color changing, and no spotlights, the entire concert atmosphere seems more like a wet thud than a hard rock smash that the LE brings.
Game seems stripped to near Stern Pro levels, though the guys streaming incessantly said otherwise, and how little of a difference there was, over and over and over again. Yeesh. Seriously guys?
Even though I really don't like the upper playfield much, removing it and the bass and guitar necks AND the spotlights and color hotrails remove nearly all of the underglass excitement.
If JJP was stripping so much, they clearly could have put more than that weird empty, raptor Stern type plastics up there along with Axl.
Wonka SE is a far, far fuller game, sadly.

The streams for this game, and many other games dont even begin to tell the whole story in my opinion. For example every stream I have seen made the hotrails (rgb or not) look incredibly annoying. All I know is the SE is a site to be seen in person.

If you are looking for a ton of mechs and ball locks, the SE isnt for you. It really is that simple. If you want a bad ass game with deep code, great shots, a light show that is second to none, and plenty of moments, this is it. Its a killer contrast to my other games and I couldnt be happier. The only thing I want that I dont have are the mechanical stage lights. For 6750 bucks, I feel like I got a bargain.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm most tempted by that, value wise, more than anything currently out! Maybe a JP2 Pro too!

I was SO tempted by Wonka, but my wife HATED, utterly detested the sounds haha. I love my JP Pro, even though Ill probably never see Escape Nublar , but thats part of the fun.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

This is the first time you’re seeing JJP truly strip a game down like Stern does with their Pro’s. The concert feel is completely missing with the SE. Looks like it could pass for a Stern.

No, this game looks NOTHING like a Stern. Not talking shit about Stern either, I love almost every Stern game ive played, but this game looks absolutely nothing like a Stern.

It feels like I am being biased, so ill say something negative. The flipper rubbers SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Literally breaking apart after 30 games. Titans en route.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Love GnR.. im not impressed with the SE. Its exactly what I expected at 3k less than the beautiful LE. Its meh.. no question, go LE. And I worry that when the light show fades and lack of real ball interaction sets in, it will be a really cool GnR jukebox requiring u too shoot at stuff to start a song versus putting a couple quarters in and selecting a song. I wanted this to be awesome.. but its a lot of lights, and nothing really new. Idk.. im sure its great, but I'm just not excited about it and fat axl. Not my GnR. Ill wait until when the next greatest pin of all time comes out and snag an LE for 8k because I'll still have to add one to the collection. Just can't jump on the bandwagon.

F592B406-FD83-4583-A0B6-1D676B4068C6 (resized).pngF592B406-FD83-4583-A0B6-1D676B4068C6 (resized).png
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I haven't been keeping up to date on the PF issues too much, are these rubber washers now?

Some sort of plastic.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My game is coming tomorrow. Looks like I might have to unbox it while snowing but whatever!

Carted mine through the backyard in pouring rain I was so excited. Refrigerator cart kept digging into the mud. Then had to take it down 5 steps to the basement from outside access.

Refused my wife’s help because she’s pregnant, and my back hurt for 3 days , but I’d do it all over again. Best of luck getting it setup!!!

Don’t do anything as stupid as I did .

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is this the one featured in the infamous photo of it laying in the grass?

Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about, forgot the name of the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 11,000.00
6,790 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.