76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 3 years ago

Put a deposit on GNR SE. looking for an videos of the SE being played. TIA

#2 3 years ago

GNR looks awesome but I’m gonna have to play it before I drop $9500 on a LE

#3 3 years ago

Looking at an SE myself. Would be nice to have a JJP, and I love the theme.

#4 3 years ago

Are there even good photos of PF available?

#5 3 years ago

TWIP pics

IMG_0788 (resized).PNGIMG_0788 (resized).PNGIMG_0789 (resized).PNGIMG_0789 (resized).PNG
#6 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the shot paths are on this game?

Left orbit - does it orbit all the way around when not stopped by the magnet?
Yellow side shot - Does this exit around the top orbit?
Center Spinner lane- Does this exit to pops or does it shoot clean through to feed the upper right flipper for a repeatable loop shot?
Right orbit - Is this exit around the left orbit when not diverted by the magnet?

I think I'm more excited to see game play on the SE because at the current price point it seems like a bargain. I'm not keen on spending $10K on a pin but if the SE is fun to play it definitely be in the wheelhouse for my next game.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

TWIP pics
[quoted image][quoted image]

No shots from front players perspective I guess, just curious what top left looks like with stage, screen and lights etc...

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No shots from front players perspective I guess, just curious what top left looks like with stage, screen and lights etc...

Was wondering same thing. I know it’s missing 4th flipper and top play area. Still buying but curious on that area

#9 3 years ago

Wow the SE looks so Stripped down.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...I think I'm more excited to see game play on the SE because at the current price point it seems like a bargain. I'm not keen on spending $10K on a pin but if the SE is fun to play it definitely be in the wheelhouse for my next game.

I am in the same boat. I have been anticipating this release for a long time and was all primed to jump in with the LE, but given that the SE is about $2800 cheaper I REALLY would like to see it get the same "deep-dive" treatment as the CE and LE models. I know there is more "stuff" in the LE (including the upper playfield and an additional flipper), but does that REALLY add $2800 in "value" vs. the SE?

I guess the question is, which would be the most rewarding way to spend $9500+shipping? Do I pay $9500+shipping for one new "high-end" pin OR do I spend the same amount and get a "standard" new pin and use the $2800 savings toward a nice used pin and end up with two new (to me) games?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It does cost 3k less so yeah. I think the best comparison I saw someone bring up was GoT Pro vs LE. I think that's pretty accurate in how much different it looks but a tiny upper playfield with a lock isn't my favorite anyway.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I kind of like it. Wish it had the moving spotlight thingies though!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I kind of like it. Wish it had the moving spotlight thingies though!

Spotlights and RGB light bars are what bum me out.

#14 3 years ago

This SE looks great. Price point is pretty close to Stern’s Pro.

#15 3 years ago

Well about $1,000 more street price than a Stern PRO but definately more approachable for the masses. Not sure it would be the same experience though with the white hot rail LEDs.

Quoted from Skyemont:

#16 3 years ago

Why not? I would like to see it as well. Perhaps we get a chance at the virtual Pinball Expo coming up.

However, the upper playfields on Woz are awesome and successful completion of each awards an emerald, and you need all emeralds to battle the witch.

#17 3 years ago

I know the SEs are on the line this week (as of 2 days ago). Doubt any are in the wild as of yet. No clue how long JJP takes to go from line to consumers, but i imagine next week you may start seeing some.

I just hope they give the first batch of SEs to distributors.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I know the SEs are on the line this week (as of 2 days ago). Doubt any are in the wild as of yet. No clue how long JJP takes to go from line to consumers, but i imagine next week you may start seeing some.
I just hope they give the first batch of SEs to distributors.

Anyone know many games a week are they able to produce in the new place?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Anyone know many games a week are they able to produce in the new place?

I’ve seen 100 per week from one source and 10 per day from another. Big difference there!

#20 3 years ago

Wow. The SE looks so barren. The bass string wireforms and the Gibson headstock ball lock are the coolest things about this game.

#21 3 years ago

So the whole top left where the mini playfield is just empty in the SE? The ball does roll under that area on certain shots? Correct? If it has good rules and coding I'm still interested.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So the whole top left where the mini playfield is just empty in the SE? The ball does roll under that area on certain shots? Correct? If it has good rules and coding I'm still interested.

Yes the ball rolls under the stage for the left/right orbits. I bet the SE playfield is identical, just without the LE upper parts.

I wish they would have some player perspective photos.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. The SE looks so barren. The bass string wireforms and the Gibson headstock ball lock are the coolest things about this game.

No way man, lights, music, animations, theme integrations are at the top of my list. Those other things are BAD ASS though. I think if an SE is in your budget you are getting a great value, and the same can be said for LE. Game seems worth it compared to many machines all around.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is the best thing about this release for me, a JJP closer to Stern Pro price point with out all the flash that I couldn't care less about.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This is the best thing about this release for me, a JJP closer to Stern Pro price point with out all the flash that I couldn't care less about.

Dude you ain’t buying no JJP,quit trying to bullshit us your firmly a Stern man!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can’t wait to see how it is. The SE should be on the line Monday. If it has basically everything on the playfield that the LE and CE have except the upper playfield and the apron lock, it should sell well.

#27 3 years ago

There's a pic out there somewhere of the SE from the players perspective, thought it was in the SDTM video from yesterday, but not finding it. There's actually more depth to the back left than the top-down pictures show. There's a guitar plastic over the left ramp, and I think a couple more plastic standups there next to the Axl sculpt.

#28 3 years ago

The SE does look pretty weak in comparison to the other two models but simplicity for OP's and a reasonable price to recoup and actually make money is important. I think it's fantastic JJP can actually compete with Stern on something. Competition forces just that. Now let's see Deeproot actually get into the game. It'll be interesting to see if it forces a "price correction". I think 2021 is going to a great year for pinball!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

There's a pic out there somewhere of the SE from the players perspective, thought it was in the SDTM video from yesterday, but not finding it. There's actually more depth to the back left than the top-down pictures show. There's a guitar plastic over the left ramp, and I think a couple more plastic standups there next to the Axl sculpt.

Found this one:

BDB7A00A-2EB6-4545-AADC-1E54965815D1 (resized).jpegBDB7A00A-2EB6-4545-AADC-1E54965815D1 (resized).jpeg
#30 3 years ago

That left side stage looks pretty cool to me. It fills in the space nicely. It reminds me of how GoT pro looked really empty in the left upper corner, but was a more fun game to some. I’m looking forward to seeing an SE in person.

#31 3 years ago

That stage in the upper left area was not shown in the original pictures so maybe they changed that up since people were complaining about the stripped down look?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That stage in the upper left area was not shown in the original pictures so maybe they changed that up since people were complaining about the stripped down look?

I agree. It was just a big plastic piece.

#33 3 years ago

That’s what I thought. The stage looks cool.

#34 3 years ago

Someone was live streaming on Facebook the SE being played for a few minutes a few hours ago. Just with a camera phone though.

#35 3 years ago

Got to play the SE at the GAP open house with the JJP team and it was a blast. Shoots real fast and still has much of the character of the other models. Do wish is as my only question that it had the RGB light rails as for me that Really sets the lighting effect. I honestly think for the price nobody will be dissatisfied with the SE. less flair but it still plays great.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It does cost 3k less so yeah. I think the best comparison I saw someone bring up was GoT Pro vs LE. I think that's pretty accurate in how much different it looks but a tiny upper playfield with a lock isn't my favorite anyway.

That was my thinking too. Not a big fan of upper/lower playfields and I’m wondering if taking that out speeds the game up like GOT pro vs. premium/LE.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That was my thinking too. Not a big fan of upper/lower playfields and I’m wondering if taking that out speeds the game up like GOT pro vs. premium/LE.

I will only say after playing the LE for a week this upper Playfield is not your traditional second level slow shooter. Your primary objective is to quickly load the lock or send it to the left rails back to the flipper. This is not some mini Simpsons delay game mini Playfield distraction. If you have it up there a few seconds your a good player. I wouldn’t over think this upper Playfield as some type of mini game.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you ain’t buying no JJP,quit trying to bullshit us your firmly a Stern man!

When they release I theme I like yeah I am. Is it possible they will never do that? Yes it is. And no ur a JJP man, I don't give a fuck about Stern. I know ur type. Stern r like cheap toys and JJP brought back B/W style all that crap.
"Dude u ain't buying no JJP" What do u live in a trailer park and married to ur sister?

U know its u that will never buy a Stern. Don't try to put me in that category of horseshit. Good day sir.
I said good day.

#39 3 years ago

I will admit I'm a big stern fan. But I like the looks of the standard edition GNR for that competitive price. So what it's stripped down? If I play it and like it I will buy it.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

When they release I theme I like yeah I am. Is it possible they will never do that? Yes it is. And no ur a JJP man, I don't give a fuck about Stern. I know ur type. Stern r like cheap toys and JJP brought back B/W style all that crap.
"Dude u ain't buying no JJP" What do u live in a trailer park and married ur sister?
U know its u that will never buy a Stern. Don't try to put me in that category of horseshit. Good day sir.
I said good day.

You should buy a SE. I heard it’s great and fast. The new price model is close to Stern’s pro, R&M, Hotwheels, etc. If you don’t like it sell it. Even if you are not a GNR music fan, give it a chance.

#42 3 years ago

So now there is a stage in the upper left corner instead of that huge plastic? Can anyone confirm this?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

So now there is a stage in the upper left corner instead of that huge plastic? Can anyone confirm this?

Based on the pic of the playfield on the factor line it looks like it.

#44 3 years ago

Yes, I saw that factory pic. Tried to make it bigger but it blurs out. Guess we'll wait for better pics.

#45 3 years ago

I played the LE and found myself wishing there wasn’t this upper playfield and guitar headstock hovering over the avenues and alleyways.

#46 3 years ago

The SE has always had that stage. The top down playfield shot makes it hard to see some of the plastics because they are vertical. If you look close at the top down shot you can see everything that’s in the picture of an SE on the line.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Got to play the SE at the GAP open house with the JJP team and it was a blast. Shoots real fast and still has much of the character of the other models. Do wish is as my only question that it had the RGB light rails as for me that Really sets the lighting effect. I honestly think for the price nobody will be dissatisfied with the SE. less flair but it still plays great.

Compare the light show between the two. Is the SE light show even close to the LE?

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You should buy a SE. I heard it’s great and fast.

I might.
Love the artwork and I grew up listening to GnR so I don't hate the theme but I need to play one first.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Compare the light show between the two. Is the SE light show even close to the LE?

Probably not, and that's a good thing for me.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Compare the light show between the two. Is the SE light show even close to the LE?

Curious on this as well. I inquired in chat as to the lighting differences and according to Joe Katz the sole differences are missing mechanical stage lights and rgb vs white on the rails. Playfield lighting identical, so I would think closer than people make it out to be.

In my mind I am probably downplaying the importance of the rails, but only because I ordered the SE, and want to believe its amazing as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.