5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 112.
#5551 3 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Same here, multiple browsers etc

I'm on it
It seems that PB has been flagged by a few A/V engines
[EDIT]
Microsoft has removed the false-positive detection from Windows Defender; it should work now.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#5552 3 months ago

@oga83, Venom 0.97 needs a little update of PB. TIA!

#5553 3 months ago

Is there an equivalent software application that allow you to mod and edit roms from Bally/Midway/Williams, Capcom, Data East, Gottleib, Sega, etc... ?

#5554 89 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

@oga83, Venom 0.97 needs a little update of PB. TIA!

Venom 0.97 and Jaw 0.84 are now working with Pinball Browser

#5555 89 days ago

oga83 are you able to make changes to Pinball Browser without having to create a new version?
It seems like when requests are coming in you are able to update without having to publish a new version.

#5556 89 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

oga83 are you able to make changes to Pinball Browser without having to create a new version?
It seems like when requests are coming in you are able to update without having to publish a new version.

No, your Pinball Browser installation can't be modified without you installing a new version.
A new version is published when there are new features either in PB or in new firmwares.
However, sometimes, for new firmwares that PB can't open and do not include major modifications, PB can retrieve online clues.
That's what happened for Venom 0.97 and Jaws 0.84 but this is rather seldom.

#5557 88 days ago

Just FYI that the download link is getting flagged in Chrome. Thought the website was broken because I would click the link and the tab would disappear and download nothing. Saw in my downloads it was blocking it. http://download.pinballbrowser.com/

#5558 88 days ago
Quoted from Guitarhero23:

Just FYI that the download link is getting flagged in Chrome. Thought the website was broken because I would click the link and the tab would disappear and download nothing. Saw in my downloads it was blocking it. http://download.pinballbrowser.com/

Thank you for the feedback
That's because the download url is using http and not https (even if it's redirected to https)
You can force Chrome to download it anyway

2 weeks later
#5559 74 days ago

Pinball Browser v8.41 is now compatible with Jaws 0.85

3 weeks later
#5560 52 days ago

@oga83, Foo Fighters 1.0 is out, do you have an eta for the next PB update? thanks!

#5561 49 days ago
Quoted from Busta386:

@oga83, Foo Fighters 1.0 is out, do you have an eta for the next PB update? thanks!

I'm on it but this will require some time

#5562 47 days ago

Added some video footage from FF to a video player using PB to download it. Very straight forward. Plan to install it in the top right corner.

#5563 42 days ago

Venom 1.00 also doesn't open with PB v8.41 for now.

#5564 36 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser v8.41 is now compatible with Jaws 0.85

I would love it if Jaws 0.87 could be compatible with Pinball Browser. Thank you for all of your work!

#5565 32 days ago

Pinball Browser 8.42 is available !

Compatibility list :
WPC games (DMD frames display only)
Whitestar games (Sounds play/modify only)
All Stern/SAM games
Stern/Spike games :
Aerosmith 1.14
Avengers 1.08
Batman 1.12
Beatles 1.26
Black Knight SOR 1.16
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.10
Elvira 1.08
Foo Fighters 1.02
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.08
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.13
Iron Maiden 1.15
James Bond 0.99
James Bond 60th 1.07
Jaws 0.87
Jurassic Park 1.13
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.19
Mando 1.43
Munsters 1.26
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.14
Star Wars 1.25
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.11
Turtles 1.57
Venom 1.00
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

#5566 32 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser 8.42 is available !
Compatibility list :
WPC games (DMD frames display only)
Whitestar games (Sounds play/modify only)
All Stern/SAM games
Stern/Spike games :
Aerosmith 1.14
Avengers 1.08
Batman 1.12
Beatles 1.26
Black Knight SOR 1.16
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.10
Elvira 1.08
Foo Fighters 1.01
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.08
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.13
Iron Maiden 1.15
James Bond 0.98
James Bond 60th 1.07
Jaws 0.87
Jurassic Park 1.13
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.19
Mando 1.43
Munsters 1.26
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.14
Star Wars 1.25
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.11
Turtles 1.57
Venom 1.00
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

Thank you!! Registration renewed

#5567 32 days ago

Bond .99 works.

#5568 32 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bond .99 works.

Thanks !
The compatibility list has been adjusted

#5569 27 days ago

And of course Stern release Foo Fighters 1.02 yesterday, so that will need to be added.

#5570 27 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And of course Stern release Foo Fighters 1.02 yesterday, so that will need to be added.

Please try again

#5571 27 days ago

That was fast! Thanks!

I wanted to get to work on Foo Fighters Live code and now I can. Replacing the songs with their live versions to mix it up. The band is supposed to be playing live in all the cities during gameplay anyway.

#5572 24 days ago

Hello, just a little question, there is tuto videos how to use the software?
I bought the license for the last year, but i didn't had the time to make the changes i wanted,
now i have more time, and i wanted to swap some musics on my iron maiden, but i didn't found any tuto video of how to do it
Thanks

#5573 19 days ago

Apologies for a noobie question on Pinball-Browser. I wanted to see some DMD images of Theatre of Magic. I downloaded the ROM from ipdb. All good. The problem is that the images are only showing up black/white (or black and Red) -- not 4 scale at least.

pinball-browser example (resized).pngpinball-browser example (resized).png

I don't have a SmartDmd, is that needed to get multi-color?

BTW - I bought a license for PB just to contribute to the project.

#5574 18 days ago
Quoted from madmrmax:

Apologies for a noobie question on Pinball-Browser. I wanted to see some DMD images of Theatre of Magic. I downloaded the ROM from ipdb. All good. The problem is that the images are only showing up black/white (or black and Red) -- not 4 scale at least.
[quoted image]
I don't have a SmartDmd, is that needed to get multi-color?
BTW - I bought a license for PB just to contribute to the project.

The factory ROMs do not have color information. That is added by PIN2DMD or COLORDMD artists. It is a painstaking process and ONLY works when you install the color hardware. PIN2DMD hardware is $250, ColorDMD hardware is $500

For Pin2DMD color hardware and colorization, see: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/5680-theatre-of-magic/
For ColorDMD, see: https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

#5575 17 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The factory ROMs do not have color information.

But factory ROMs are more than just On and Off, they have at least 4 values. Just look at any WPC game's DMD (stock DMD). Or use https://playfield.dev/

I'm only seeing On and Off in Pinball-Browser, which means at least 2 or 3 other layers are not being produced
hurricane (resized).pnghurricane (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5576 17 days ago

You check the box that groups it with the next frame to see the shading. I didn't think you can export that though. You can dump all the graphics as png using other resources and manually set the intensity in a paint program.

#5577 14 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

You check the box that groups it with the next frame to see the shading. I didn't think you can export that though. You can dump all the graphics as png using other resources and manually set the intensity in a paint program.

Got it, thanks!

Yeah that makes pinball browser very less useful for WPC pins. Oh well!

#5578 12 days ago

Looking for some help editing some in game text of Iron Maiden. Looking to change just a couple words of text for a couple of the mystery orb awards but can not find that text under the messages tab or anywhere in any of the scenes. i.e. Advance Mummy to Advance Meeks

I am almost done retheming an Iron Maiden pro to a Rick & Morty and that is the last thing to change for my retheme to be complete. If anyone is curious you can also follow the retheme here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retheme-iron-maiden-to-rick-amp-morty-2

#5579 11 days ago

Pinball Browser v8.44 is now compatible with Jaws 0.88 and James Bond 1.01 !

#5580 9 days ago

Jaws 0.89 and Venom 1.01 can't be opened with PB 8.44

#5581 7 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Jaws 0.89 and Venom 1.01 can't be opened with PB 8.44

It should work now

#5582 4 days ago

Any progress on removing the 2 10ms clicks per imported sound?

#5583 3 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Any progress on removing the 2 10ms clicks per imported sound?

Unfortunately, no. The only possibility it to find a replacement sound that can mitigate these clicks.

Quoted from oga83:

With all firmwares released after PB v8.13, you can hear exactly two 10ms-clicks per sound. The position and intensity of these clicks depends on the original sound and the one you import. For some sounds, it's hard to hear them; for some others, you can't miss them. Unfortunately, this comes from a change in the firmware code and PB cannot remove these clicks.

#5584 29 hours ago

I found some static sounds in Stranger Things Pro 1.11:

- Req 75 - script 0x41 (0min07s390ms)
- Req 343 - script 0x5D6 (0min02s850ms)
- Req 346 - script 0x628 (0min04s374ms)

#5585 29 hours ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

I found some static sounds in Stranger Things Pro 1.11:
- Req 75 - script 0x41 (0min07s390ms)
- Req 343 - script 0x5D6 (0min02s850ms)
- Req 346 - script 0x628 (0min04s374ms)

Have you tried right clicking and choose "Try to fix codec"?

#5587 27 hours ago

Video replacement question likely for oga83 : I've replaced a video file in JP that is also known to have some kind of animation layered on top of it. That animation is not embedded in the stock video file. I've ensured my replacement video is the exact length of the stock video file. I imported my video file with the exact same specs as the stock video and chose the "no conversion" option when importing it into PB.
Result: In game, the new video shows just fine at the start. But as soon as the aforementioned stock animation shows/is triggered, the video goes to black on-screen and you just see the animation layer(s).
In the PB interface, previewing the imported video looks just fine (but of course you can't see the animation layer in that preview regardless).

Why in game, once the animation is triggered would the screen go to black? Is there a best practice for replacing videos that have animations layered on top of them to ensure that the replacement video still shows from start to end w/ the unaltered, layered animations on top of it?

#5588 19 hours ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Have you tried right clicking and choose "Try to fix codec"?

Ah missed that. Will try it later. Thanks

#5589 13 hours ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Video replacement question likely for oga83 : I've replaced a video file in JP that is also known to have some kind of animation layered on top of it. That animation is not embedded in the stock video file. I've ensured my replacement video is the exact length of the stock video file. I imported my video file with the exact same specs as the stock video and chose the "no conversion" option when importing it into PB.
Result: In game, the new video shows just fine at the start. But as soon as the aforementioned stock animation shows/is triggered, the video goes to black on-screen and you just see the animation layer(s).
In the PB interface, previewing the imported video looks just fine (but of course you can't see the animation layer in that preview regardless).
Why in game, once the animation is triggered would the screen go to black? Is there a best practice for replacing videos that have animations layered on top of them to ensure that the replacement video still shows from start to end w/ the unaltered, layered animations on top of it?

Did you check for bookmarks/chapters in the original video file ?
Which firmware is it (JP LE/Pro, version) ? and video id ?
[EDIT] and which is the corresponding scene id for the overlay animation ?

#5590 2 hours ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did you check for bookmarks/chapters in the original video file ?

Unsure what you mean. How do I check for these?

Quoted from oga83:

Which firmware is it (JP LE/Pro, version) ?

JP LE 1.13

Quoted from oga83:

and video id ?

0x65 JawsPaddockInfoTruck (44 frames)
&
0x66 JawsPaddockInfoTruckLong (90 frames)

Both pretty are much the same video just different frame lengths as I noted. Both of my replacement videos for each match the exact length of each, respectively.

Quoted from oga83:

and which is the corresponding scene id for the overlay animation ?

No clue. How would I easily find the corresponding scene id for the animation in question?

Again, I'm just trying to change the video that is technically "underlaid" behind the animation(s). If it would help to email you in-game video examples of the issue or any of my replacement files, I'm happy to do so. LMK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.