IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 280.
#13901 25 days ago

Mastering the short plunge before the auto launch can get it is really important for a lot of situations. Not just the skill shot to start modes (and which is actually crucial when your Wonka vators have dried up and you’re trying to get the light super lock by cycling through computer awards) but to get ball to upper right flipper for a lot of reasons: super jackpot right away when kid is starting up, Wonka vator super jackpot, gobstopper jackpots, etc. letting ball auto plunge all the way to pops is most often a wasted opportunity.

1 week later
#13902 18 days ago

We got a LE about 2 weeks ago. I don't know why but my dumb brain had me swearing that the Gobstopper sculpt on the left rotated.

#13903 18 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

We got a LE about 2 weeks ago. I don't know why but my dumb brain had me swearing that the Gobstopper sculpt on the left rotated.

It does rotate when in different modes.

Check this stream of a LE

#13904 18 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Yes, it turns when called for.

#13905 17 days ago

Hi all…what are people’s thoughts about trading a WW LE for a Godfather LE, especially those who have experienced both in a home environment?

#13906 16 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Hi all…what are people’s thoughts about trading a WW LE for a Godfather LE, especially those who have experienced both in a home environment?

Very simple. Fail on Wonkas office and watch the screen.

That is what I think of that trade. No comparison.

#13907 16 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

We own both. Both are fine games, but Wonka has > 13K plays on it.

#13908 16 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Very simple. Fail on Wonkas office and watch the screen.
That is what I think of that trade. No comparison.

Ahhh…yes. I have failed at Wonka’s office many many times so I know that screen and sound well! Your message is very clear.

#13909 16 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We own both. Both are fine games, but Wonka has > 13K plays on it.

Thanks Derek. Your Wonka use is pretty legendary so no doubt it has the staying power. Do you see Godfather having that longevity in your collection? All things equal, I assume you would much prefer Wonka?

Could you compare Godfather to anything from a gameplay perspective?

#13910 16 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I'd recommend playing Godfather extensively before getting one. IMO it's the strangest layout among all the JJP games, and all I could think of after playing it for a whole hour was "Not every pinball designer is a Pat Lawlor".

#13911 16 days ago

godfather was cute but that movie BLOWS for pinball, especially compared to gene wilder.

the play on gf is great! woulda been dope if they did goodfellas and went in with bloody/r rated content

#13912 16 days ago
IMG_3495 (resized).jpegIMG_3495 (resized).jpeg
#13913 16 days ago

Damn JJP code updates just keep coming!

#13914 16 days ago

About how long does it take JJP to go from beta to full release?

#13915 16 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

About how long does it take JJP to go from beta to full release?

From 0 to 60. Sometimes no beta and they just release, other times delays cause it to be years unfortunately. They said with the betas that they just released within the last week that if no issues are found they would go public in a few weeks. There was another mini update to fix something on about 4 of them so we will see if these are ready now.

#13916 16 days ago

for u beta ppl

IMG_5151 (resized).jpegIMG_5151 (resized).jpeg
#13917 15 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

for u beta ppl
[quoted image]

Finally a button combo to end a game! My toddlers love to start 4 player games so I either have to drain balls or tilt it out. The coin door menu isn’t easily accessible for me since I have to hide the keys so they don’t take them out and lose them.

#13918 15 days ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Finally a button combo to end a game! My toddlers love to start 4 player games so I either have to drain balls or tilt it out. The coin door menu isn’t easily accessible for me since I have to hide the keys so they don’t take them out and lose them.

literally made my day lol

#13919 15 days ago

Exiting pinball and moving.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm exiting pinball and moving, and need to sell. This is #19, chosen for the year of manufacture. Condition is great, save for a small area of playfield failure under the left ed...”
2 days ago
Frisco, TX
10,000 (Firm)   Pending

Parts - For Sale
New (selling one, non-business) - “We loved our Wonka so much (and played it so much) I purchased this so I could refresh the game to perfection at any time. It includes plastics (clear and printed), mylars, and of...”
2024-04-13
Frisco, TX
1,333 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 128 times

#13920 15 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Bummer man! Thank you for all your Pinside contributions and your streams! Good luck with the move and your next adventure.

#13921 15 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Machine - For Sale

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE)

New ad!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm exiting pinball and moving, and need to sell.

This is #19, chosen for the year of manufacture.
Condition is great, save for a small area of playfield failure under the left ed...”

20 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(831 mi)

zaphX

Parts - For Sale

Wonka CE Playfield and Full Plastics Set

New ad!

New (selling one) - “We loved our Wonka so much (and played it so much) I purchased this so I could refresh the game to perfection at any time.

My game still doesn't need it, and I'm exiting pinball a...”

20 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(831 mi)

zaphX

If we boycott your sale items can we force you to stay in?????

Thanks for all your help and information you have provided the pin community, it is better because of you.

Thanks again. Good luck and have fun.

#13922 15 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

If we boycott your sale items can we force you to stay in?????
Thanks for all your help and information you have provided the pin community, it is better because of you.
Thanks again. Good luck and have fun.

Only if you volunteer to move them safely from Frisco TX to Los Gatos CA, and get them up/down the myriad of stairs at the new place!

#13923 14 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Only if you volunteer to move them safely from Frisco TX to Los Gatos CA, and get them up/down the myriad of stairs at the new place!

I'll help with the move in.

#13924 14 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Las Gatos nice! I lived off Blossom Hill and Meridian. 17 to Santa Cruz will be fun drive for you enjoy. I wish there was a way to help. I believe you will eventually have a pin at your new location. It’s a sickness that is hard to shake!!!

#13925 14 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dang! Well good luck to you in sunny CA and hope you wander back into the hobby down the road. You have definitely helped lots of folks and offered to help even more ... darned good human being stuff

Machine - For Sale

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE)

New ad!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm exiting pinball and moving, and need to sell.

This is #19, chosen for the year of manufacture.
Condition is great, save for a small area of playfield failure under the left ed...”

30 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(201 mi)

zaphX

12,500 (OBO)

Parts - For Sale

Wonka CE Playfield and Full Plastics Set

New ad!

New (selling one) - “We loved our Wonka so much (and played it so much) I purchased this so I could refresh the game to perfection at any time.

My game still doesn't need it, and I'm exiting pinball a...”

30 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(201 mi)

zaphX

2,000 (OBO)

#13926 14 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Bummer man! Thank you for all your Pinside contributions and your streams! Good luck with the move and your next adventure.

Yes, thank you @zaphX, especially for those rules overview videos (I would be lost on Wonka without it lol).

#13927 14 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, thank you @zaphX, especially for those rules overview videos (I would be lost on Wonka without it lol).

I'm really happy to hear it! I love Wonka's rules - JJP's best IMO. It took us a good long time to understand them fully and start to build strategy around them.

It's an outstanding game for people who actually play pinball.

#13928 14 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll be happy to help moving your pinballs in your new place, welcome neighbor !

#13929 13 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm really happy to hear it! I love Wonka's rules - JJP's best IMO. It took us a good long time to understand them fully and start to build strategy around them.
It's an outstanding game for people who actually play pinball.

Can you please do me one last favor before selling your game. Adjust the difficulty level down and get to Pure Imagination!!!!!

#13930 13 days ago

Gobstopper shooter rod... Just got a wonka. Has the gobstopper plunger. I pull it back all the way and sometimes the thing doesn’t make it up the lane. Is this normal behavior? Thx.

#13931 13 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Gobstopper shooter rod... Just got a wonka. Has the gobstopper plunger. I pull it back all the way and sometimes the thing doesn’t make it up the lane. Is this normal behavior? Thx.

No. Check the shooter tip and make sure it's in good repair and fully seated. Make sure the previous owner didn't put in a different spring.
Make sure your leveling is correct (top of bubble at the 2nd line from the bottom.)

#13932 13 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

And if it's a 3rd party and not the official JJP one - replace it.

#13933 13 days ago

For those with a CE, do your undercab lights turn off once you start a game?

I just noticed in attract mode, the lights are on, but once I hit the start button they turn off. Is this normal or is this a setting?

#13934 13 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Also check to see if it’s clipping the auto plunger mech. If it is, you should be able to loosen the plunger plate so you can move it down just a bit and then retighten. I had that on my GNR and my Wonka with the factory shooter rods. I put a gobstopper shooter rod on and fixed that when I installed it.

#13935 13 days ago

Is a 3rd party not factory gobstopper as that only comes on the CE I believe. Machine is level and no different springs. What happens is it’s inconsistent, I’ll pull fully back on plunge and not make it up one time, then get skill shot the next time, then go up and around the next. It’s weird.

#13936 13 days ago

Just turned my Wonka on this morning and nothing’s coming up. Power is going to the board but game isn’t booting monitor isn’t turning on where to start? I Used the paperclip to get it booting up, but still stuck on the F1 load screen.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

IMG_2628 (resized).jpegIMG_2628 (resized).jpeg
#13937 13 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just turned my Wonka on this morning and nothing’s coming up. Power is going to the board but game isn’t booting monitor isn’t turning on where to start? I Used the paperclip to get it booting up, but still stuck on the F1 load screen.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

'Tis the season for dead CMOS batteries on Wonka, if you've never updated them.

#13938 12 days ago

Hi everyone. I just joined the Wonka club today finally after searching for many years for one at my price point and location. I got the Standard edition. Quick question what pitch is best for this game as I always try to get that as close to it as I can and I haven’t owned a JJP pin so wanted to see what most of you have yours set to? Also planning on adding some mods and the Wonka topper by TiltTopper. Any other recommendations let me know. Thanks Dave.

#13939 12 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I literally went through this last night. Pm me and I can walk you through it.

#13940 12 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Los Gatos, CA - You will need to make your way to The Flipper Room on Concord, CA. They have a Wonka and about 40 others really well maintained machines. I am a league player there.

#13941 12 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Los Gatos, CA - You will need to make your way to The Flipper Room on Concord, CA. They have a Wonka and about 40 others really well maintained machines. I am a league player there.

Been there the last time I lived out there! Best location pinball I've ever seen.

#13942 11 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

'Tis the season for dead CMOS batteries on Wonka, if you've never updated them.

What kind of battery is it and can it be replaced while turned on? If not, how do I avoid it freezing up after that.

#13943 11 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

What kind of battery is it and can it be replaced while turned on?

Instructions in the manual. CR2032 Battery. Change it with the game turned on.

LTG : )

#13944 10 days ago

My Wonka Standard I picked up the one and only owner must have not updated the code on this game much as it's on Version 1.32. I downloaded the Full Install for 2.03. Would installing that be my best method of getting my game up to the latest code? I saw instructions for Delta Procedures but that shows going from 1.34 to 2.03 so wasn't sure if that would work since mine is on 1.32.

#13945 10 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

wasn't sure if that would work since mine is on 1.32.

Won't work on 1.32

Do a full install.

LTG : )

#13946 9 days ago

Added some RGB lighting for the back of the playfield courtesy of Hooked On Pinball. I changed up the install procedure a bit, and rather than installing the strip under the plastic glass channel, I applied it to the backboard of the playfield. I 3D printed a diffuser for the light strip and it works well to brighten up the back of the playfield, yet can’t be seen directly from the players position. It’s tied into the GI RGBs, so it keeps up with the light show during play.

IMG_5253 (resized).jpegIMG_5253 (resized).jpegIMG_5256 (resized).jpegIMG_5256 (resized).jpeg
#13947 9 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Added some RGB lighting for the back of the playfield courtesy of Hooked On Pinball. I changed up the install procedure a bit, and rather than installing the strip under the plastic glass channel, I applied it to the backboard of the playfield. I 3D printed a diffuser for the light strip and it works well to brighten up the back of the playfield, yet can’t be seen directly from the players position. It’s tied into the GI RGBs, so it keeps up with the light show during play.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. How did you tie into the GI?

#13948 9 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Looks great. How did you tie into the GI?

What he sells replaces one of the RGB GI PCBs. He takes a stock JJP PCB and solders leads to the backside of the pins for the 4 pin molex connector and runs them to an RGB LED strip.

#13949 8 days ago

Does anybody make a gobstopper hole protector?

#13950 8 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Does anybody make a gobstopper hole protector?

With nearly 14,000 plays I can assert it does not need one.

They set the game up so there's a recessed hole in the field, and a printed plastic + mylar go at the entry to the hole. It's extremely durable.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 11.30.35?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 at 11.30.35?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 at 11.31.00?AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 at 11.31.00?AM.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 64.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
There are 13,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/279 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.