• Latest reply 13 days ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_051446 (resized).jpg
20240415_143753 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 17 days ago

Parts - wanted

WTB Black Hole motor assembly

Added: 2024-04-12 01:06:11 UTC • Expires: May 24th, 2024 03:06

Price

Wanted

Contact seller

Looking for the entire working motor assembly for the spinning disc on Black Hole. Other than the mounting holes, I am missing everything.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas
Willing to deliver

Contact

Contact WalrusPin via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Seller insights

These are WalrusPin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to WalrusPin's stats page

Item location

Webster, NY, US

Other ads from this Pinsider

WalrusPin currently has 4 other ads on the Pinside marketplace.

#2 17 days ago

The Pinball Resource

#3 17 days ago

Grainger is your friend.

John

#4 17 days ago

The finding the original motor is slim. I have not found one yet after owing two Black Holes for the last ten years. The two machines I have owned had a working motor but the gears in the gear box were no good. Your best bet is two use a direct motor with no gear box. I did this conversion on both of my machines, and it works excellent. If you have not seen this, you can go to this link below for the instructions on how to do this conversion.

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Black_Hole

Here is a video link if you want to see this motor in action on one of my Black Holes.

Doug

#5 16 days ago
Quoted from FIREPOWER1980:

The finding the original motor is slim. I have not found one yet after owing two Black Holes for the last ten years. The two machines I have owned had a working motor but the gears in the gear box were no good. Your best bet is two use a direct motor with no gear box. I did this conversion on both of my machines, and it works excellent. If you have not seen this, you can go to this link below for the instructions on how to do this conversion.
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Black_Hole
Here is a video link if you want to see this motor in action on one of my Black Holes.

Doug

I had thought about doing the pinwiki method, but both hub options have been discontinued. Did you find any alternates?

#6 16 days ago

I made the original hub for the grainger motor years and years ago. I could probably make another 1 or see if I still have one in the shop.

Ken

#7 16 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

I had thought about doing the pinwiki method, but both hub options have been discontinued. Did you find any alternates?

Oh shoot. That Pinwiki write up was my solution for the Black Hole motor. I will see what I can find for hubs to update it.

#8 14 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh shoot. That Pinwiki write up was my solution for the Black Hole motor. I will see what I can find for hubs to update it.

Great, I appreciate it. Literally everything is missing on mine. I have reached out to Shay about the wheel plastic as I hear they have them.

#9 14 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Great, I appreciate it. Literally everything is missing on mine. I have reached out to Shay about the wheel plastic as I hear they have them.

Do you mean the spinning disc? Mine has a fair amount of wear I’d love to fix or replace someday.

#10 14 days ago

I have a new disc if someone is interested in one.

#11 14 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have a new disc if someone is interested in one.

Message sent

#12 14 days ago
#13 14 days ago

Every part on that list replies with a 404 not found when you click on the links. Those hubs are no longer available through Servo City.

#14 14 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Every part on that list replies with a 404 not found when you click on the links. Those hubs are no longer available through Servo City.

I'll check my stash, I think I ordered 2

#15 14 days ago

Maybe I should just 3D print the hub bearing so it fits the grainger motor. The cost would only be for the motor.

Ken

#16 13 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'll check my stash, I think I ordered 2

I'm in it you have one

#17 13 days ago

I have my adapter that will fit the 1.5 rpm grainger motor.

20240415_143753 (resized).jpg20240415_143753 (resized).jpg
#18 13 days ago

It appears https://www.robotshop.com/ has all our needs

#19 13 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I have my adapter that will fit the 1.5 rpm grainger motor.
[quoted image]

Is that a drop in? All that's needed is the motor, disc and hardware?

#20 13 days ago

Not an exact drop in. You have to mount it as the Grainger motor is bigger than the old motor, but much more durable. It it easy. I provide all stuff for the hub and the motor kit. I wish I could find my old website.

Ken

#21 13 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Not an exact drop in. You have to mount it as the Grainger motor is bigger than the old motor, but much more durable. It it easy. I provide all stuff for the hub and the motor kit. I wish I could find my old website.
Ken

Pm me the price info and I'll buy one

#22 13 days ago

Disc and hub.

The disc is a reproduction if my memory is correct.. I can't remember whom made it but can see bands in graphics from printing.

Not a perfect repo but it is flat.

Hub is one from Robot workshop that is now discontinued.
20240416_051446 (resized).jpg20240416_051446 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-black-hole-motor-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.