You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

u50 (resized).PNG
q67 (resized).PNG
11 game up over (resized).png
#1 16 days ago

Hi everyone, I've done a lot of searching with no luck so far so I'm reaching out to your good selves hoping for some advice.
My Williams Fire flippers still work even after the game is over. This issue started a while ago and I haven't changed anything.
I've visually checked things out around the driver board and flippers.
My technical abilities are basic, I can test voltages and do minor soldering repairs etc.

If someone can point me in the direction of some stuff to check/test, I'd appreciate it.

#system11 #wiiliamsfire

#2 16 days ago
Quoted from Djrouge:

My Williams Fire flippers still work even after the game is over.

Check the enable relay.
1) could be a bad driver transistor.

#3 16 days ago

What boards do you have?

My firepower had kohout boards installed poorly and they were touching each other causing this same issue.

#4 15 days ago

Do the Pop Bumpers and slings also work in Game over?
Yes?

GAME UP/OVER circuit fault

#5 15 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Check the enable relay.
1) could be a bad driver transistor.

I'll check this, thanks, it's given me something to look for/google, there's some good reference to this on the Williams Sysem 9-11 WiKi that I hadn't come across.

I'll see where this takes me and update the thread. Cheers.

#6 15 days ago
Quoted from MooglyMoog:

What boards do you have?
My firepower had kohout boards installed poorly and they were touching each other causing this same issue.

I had no idea what the kohout board was, I had a look and there's threads on this forum about it which will be interesting to me. I'll check what boards I have tomorrow and see if the boards are touching or poorly installed. Thanks for this, much appreciated.

#7 15 days ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Do the Pop Bumpers and slings also work in Game over?
Yes?
GAME UP/OVER circuit fault

Interestingly no, it just seems to be the power to the flippers that remain and attract mode and everything else about the game seems perfectly normal when the game is over. Again, this is something I'll check though so thanks for the tip.

#8 15 days ago

Flipper Tilt Game over up Relay Stuck on

Check that pop bumpers and slingshots work during game mode.

Yes?

Check U50 PIN 10

No?
Replace U50

Signal ok now?

Yes?

Replace Q67

11 game up over (resized).png11 game up over (resized).png
#9 15 days ago
Quoted from MooglyMoog:

What boards do you have?

Fire is a System 11 game and there are no Kohout boards available for it. So, TIP102/TIP122 transistor touching each other on a System 11 MPU is going to be a rare occurrence.

#10 14 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Fire is a System 11 game and there are no Kohout boards available for it. So, TIP102/TIP122 transistor touching each other on a System 11 MPU is going to be a rare occurrence.

Thanks for this, very helpful

#11 14 days ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Yes?
Check U50 PIN 10
No?
Replace U50
Signal ok now?
Yes?
Replace Q67 [quoted image]

Wow thank you very much, I downloaded the schematics but with my basic knowledge was struggling to read and understand them.. It's intimidating for me so thank you for pointing this out. It's giving me something to work with.
I didn't get chance to look into ths yesterday, hopefully I can get onto it today now I have a few things to look for.

#12 13 days ago

I had a similar issue on my Flash and it ended up being the clear plastic cover for the relay was installed crooked and it was pushing the switch contacts together. Reseating the plastic housing fixed the issue.

#13 12 days ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Yes?
Check U50 PIN 10
No?
Replace U50
Signal ok now?
Yes?
Replace Q67 [quoted image]

Looks like that area of the board has seen some repairs in the past.

I've got some parts on order so will update this thread with my progress when I've fitted them.

Thanks again for the help so far guys!

q67 (resized).PNGq67 (resized).PNGu50 (resized).PNGu50 (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-power-to-flippers-after-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.