Screenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).png
064AC0AA-69A4-4DCA-B21C-76E5F619ACB5 (resized).jpeg
8E53D70D-062A-4D7A-9AD9-6ACA96DDE60F.gif
7CAB9F94-EAF1-46C4-BFBE-CDFD3FC89E6B.gif
49E360A9-4373-4D46-9ABE-1EEE72B7D003.gif
A28C64BB-D005-4545-9A92-D4B955C572F1 (resized).jpeg
86196C4F-163E-4334-AF67-1E5C0DBA7025.gif
28DA42F1-B106-449C-8D1E-2A36676B7DAB (resized).jpeg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Question....How difficult is it to switch out games on a P3?

The thought of swapping takes longer for me haha. Once you get going it is a minute or two. The hardest part is pf storage and the heft of heist. It is so sweet to swap pf's though, and then ALSO play multiple games on each playfield. I LOVE not having to swap pf's to play a few games.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I can see that... but you obviously look at things like you want to get money back out.
I'm more of a buy it to enjoy it with no plans at all to sell.
Infact; I haven't sold a single pin I've owned. Yes; I'm out of room, but that's why the P3 is my jam.
I get 4-5games for the price of one in my line-up.
Honestly; For me 25k wrapped up in one machine is a don't care as it'll be the wife's problem to dispose of my toys when I'm gone.
My next game is Weird Al... then maybe Ill get Heist. I've gotten behind due the stock market during Pandemic and now with Putin bumblefunking the world economy... I don't see being able to afford both right now.

I hear ya — I was super excited for the p3 and figured it would stay a long time/forever. Problem was I got impatient as there was only lexy CL and then CCR which initially I really wasn’t enjoying (before they revamped the code massively). It was seeming like a lotta $$ in at that point w/out a game I really loved and long Dev times.

At this point though -you’ve got nick who made a bunch of small games + now doing his own module, heist, weird Al.. and the teams been growing so games are getting better and built faster. All great things and make this platform very enticing

The one thing that’s missing for me is a more adult /gritty type of game and/or using cinematic graphics on the screen vs the drawn art. Everything so far is very family friendly (minus maybe the beer drinking in lexy)- which is great but doesn’t scratch my itch

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

The one thing that’s missing for me is a more adult /gritty type of game and/or using cinematic graphics on the screen vs the drawn art. Everything so far is very family friendly (minus maybe the beer drinking in lexy)- which is great but doesn’t scratch my itch

Yeah; My honest opinion is the following:
1) Cinematic means ray tracing at a minimum. I just don't see video game level graphics making it easy on the Video card in the backbox. You really need a team of video graphics artists with video game backgrounds to get to that level.

2) Gerry has bought into the let's not offend too many people mantra. He doesn't want his company associated with controversial titles from an adult perspective and i can respect that. I remember "a karen" in the audience once complaining about the Lexy outfit early on. Lexy was later changed to be more palatable. It's not like any one else is out there making any things like that (outside of Spooky). Therefore, this would have to come from a third party and it need to be still "pg" enough to get Multimorphic approval in the web store.

Personally; i think that Multimorphic starting on License titles will change the whole perception. It's clear here the discussion that "themes" breed discussion... a lot of people don't understand Weird Al; but a lot of them think it could be a good pin theme. i agree. More will be revealed soon; I hope it's successful enough to put the next licensed title squarely in the "hell yeah" column.

#104 2 years ago

No, but I do wish the Weird AL machine great success.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yeah; My honest opinion is the following:
2) Gerry has bought into the let's not offend too many people mantra. He doesn't want his company associated with controversial titles from an adult perspective and i can respect that. I remember "a karen" in the audience once complaining about the Lexy outfit early on. Lexy was later changed to be more palatable. It's not like any one else is out there making any things like that (outside of Spooky). Therefore, this would have to come from a third party and it need to be still "pg" enough to get Multimorphic approval in the web store.

Eh, I appreciate themes like Weird Al, and am tired of themes like GOT, TWD, Hobbit, all the dad rock band and superhero pins, not because those themes are offensive but just that they tend to be heavy, self-serious, full of death, full of obscure lingo, and generally a *bummer*.

Weird Al is just pure silly goofy fun and I want more of it. (I felt the same way about Rick and Morty, even though that had plenty of offensive material, it was goofy, zany silliness).

#106 2 years ago

"Man...I'm so sick of "dad rock" themes and music pinball machines full of old white guys! Weird Al is a fresh take!"

Weird Al is 62 years old, has been in the music business about 45 years, and last I checked was a white guy. Who is old. In addition, most of his fans are dads. Who rock.

Probably should stow that part of the "why Weird Al is an awesome theme!" from here on in.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Wow- that's amazing that it's so quick and easy.

be sure you use both hands when moving the playfield,I pulled a muscle when I tryed with one hand .it’s heave also,
Ha ha

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Weird Al is 62 years old, has been in the music business about 45 years, and last I checked was a white guy. Who is old. In addition, most of his fans are dads. Who rock.

Sure the guy is older but he has remained relevant. His newer stuff has been his most popular and is about current issues. He has a lot of young fans. I suggest checking some of his latest stuff if you have not heard it, it's really good.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Man...I'm so sick of "dad rock" themes and music pinball machines full of old white guys! Weird Al is a fresh take!"
Probably should stow that part of the "why Weird Al is an awesome theme!" from here on in.

Weird Al is pure, goofy fun. These other themes are really not pure, goofy fun, and some are just straight-up bleak. That is all!

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Sure the guy is older but he has remained relevant. His newer stuff has been his most popular and is about current issues. He has a lot of young fans. I suggest checking some of his latest stuff if you have not heard it, it's really good.

No I'm not gonna check out Weird Al's "new material" any more than I'm about to download Skynrd's latest album to check out what they have to say in 2022.

Look, I'm old, I'm white, and I like dad rock. Since I consider most of today's new music to suck and be shitty, why do I want to hear parodies of them?

Give me "My Bologna" or give me death!

But I digress...let's just stop pretending that Weird Al is somehow not "dad rock." He's almost as old as my dad!!! Dude was born during the Eisenhower Administration!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since I consider most of today's new music to suck and be shitty, why do I want to hear parodies of them?

Well, not all his songs are parodies, some are originals. They are really creative, as are the music videos, and he's just a cool guy. Not forcing you, but I'll just leave this here in case you change your mind:

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, not all his songs are parodies, some are originals. They are really creative, as are the music videos, and he's just a cool guy. Not forcing you, but I'll just leave this here in case you change your mind:

I know dammit! I remember Mr. Popeil and CHristmas at Ground Zero!

But I think this guy said it best...we love the parodies...(Though let's face it. Dare to be Stupid is genius appreciated by all Devo fans)

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

First off, as a child of the early 90s, love the theme and my pinball buddies are VERY excited about the game. The only thing I'd worry about is licenses. I think Multimorphic will probably not only need Weird Al's licence but the licenses of the bands he is parodying, so I'm concerned the game will be less his classic tunes and more "The Weird Al Show" ... Which yes... I did watch.

probably not an issue since Al does not even need permission to use the songs he parodies. He chooses to get permission though. He can authorize his stuff in there, but not original source material.

#114 2 years ago

I would like to say that Weird Al must have the longest Wikipedia entry in history.

I made it about halfway through and it was still going on about which artists wouldn't give him permission.

#115 2 years ago

I hope Weird Al does great, although on P3 I doubt it will amount to a phenom.

It does give me hope that manufacturers will notice the draw of "goofy, silly" and that one will get to work on a Monty Python game!

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No I'm not gonna check out Weird Al's "new material" . . . Since I consider most of today's new music to suck and be shitty, why do I want to hear parodies of them?

Because the lyrics are hilarious. The song "Happy" by Pharell was a fun tune but that dude is no wordsmith and the lyrics are poor. Tacky was hysterical and much improved upon. The song "Fancy" kind of blows, "Handy" rocks. Look at it this way, he fixes those sucky and shitty songs. His final album, Mandatory fun is arguably his best. Your loss.

#117 2 years ago

Yup! ordering a full kit just because of Weird Al! Wife says it knocked my cool/badass/Marine factor down quite a bit in her eyes, but I credit Weird Al for my personality that she loves...that and MST3K (which would make another awesome P3 game....just saying...). Any how, I am in for the LE all the way and love the shots and modularity, its what Heighway Pins was going for before he took a nose dive. The fact this is also UHF centered just adds butter ontop of it! Now....if like the big lebowski, this could add a random touch of "flair"...they should include 1 suprise gift with each pin thats random between (spatula, library card, Gandhi's hair growth agent, twinky wiener sandwhich, "supplies" closet key chain, a small mop, a package of oatmeal and a marble, or a rambo toy) hahahahaha!!!! that would just be cherry!!!

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Weird Al in 3D was the first cassette I ever asked for & owned as a kid...

Errrrr.....might have been mine as well. Rocky 3 soundtrack was my first LP, but I think cassette this was it. Long road trip to Kentucky with a Walkman over and over.
Nature Trail to Hell indeed

#119 2 years ago

Will Weird Al help me purchase a p3? I doubt it. I just don't know him well enough.

#120 2 years ago

To answer the OP's intended question, yes: it pushed me over the edge to finally put my money where my mouth is. I have been wanting to buy in before now for certain, but due to only really being interested in the Heist module thus far, I didn't want to do so until there was just a bit more to pull me in, so to speak.

I find the platform, and quite specifically its engineering, to be absolutely bloody marvelous. I mean, when I went over to a local pinhead's place and he gave me the nickel tour of the P3/Heist, I was honestly gobsmacked at how impressive it was to me. The modularity *alone* is just such a massive selling point for me. The whole machine was built like a brick house, with upgradability and long-lasting use in mind. Working on the thing, replacing components on the thing, changing from one module to others...it's just in-stinking-credible to behold, IMHO. To know that they've now upgraded the scoops/walls system, and that's the machine that I'll be receiving, I'm excited about it.

This was a significant expense to me...I don't like spending this kind of money on frivolities. I'm making a big old exception in this case for several reasons, not the least of which is that I want to show Gerry and his people that I can appreciate the way they've done things, and the accomplishments they've made. I want to reward that with my hard-earned money.

It's quite the day.

#121 2 years ago

227 people seemed to think so.

Screenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).png
#122 2 years ago

I can't wait to try it out at TPF, I may consider one . Looks packed and love Weird Al

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

227 people seemed to think so.[quoted image]

And that doesn't even account for "standard" game sales that didn't get LE. This is huge!

#124 2 years ago

Pushed me over the edge. In on a Weird Al LE and a Heist.

#125 2 years ago

I just listened to his old albums today... They all definitely hold up, in fact All About The Pentiums is actually funnier with age because now half of the terminology doesn't even exist any more.

#126 2 years ago

Confirmed LE with cointaker. Exciting!

#127 2 years ago

*Corrected* They were backlogged in communications. Outstanding company to deal with thus far! High hopes for them and really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these!

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Well....seems they only take bank transfers from checking accounts for payments. No CCs. Then they don't tell you this upfront and do not respond to you for the 24 hour deposit period so your order cancels out and they can sell to someone else. Real pissed here.

Hi - sorry for any delayed responses - working through a pile of emails from hundreds of folks, so please bear with us. I *think* I just replied to you, but I don't recognize your userid. Nobody's order will be automatically cancelled unless we simply don't hear from them at all. Thanks for the enthusiasm - we've got you. I promise.

Thanks.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Hi - sorry for any delayed responses - working through a pile of emails from hundreds of folks, so please bear with us. I *think* I just replied to you, but I don't recognize your userid. Nobody's order will be automatically cancelled unless we simply don't hear from them at all. Thanks for the enthusiasm - we've got you. I promise.
Thanks.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Love it! Thanks for the response!!!

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Pushed me over the edge. In on a Weird Al LE and a Heist.

Same here. Wife is more excited than I am lol. Funny enough just a few weeks ago (before the game was announced) I got her VIP tickets to Al's show in July w/backstage visit & hang out with Al. Hopefully I at least have the module by then so she can bring some game trinkets and get them autographed lol.

#131 2 years ago

Definitely pushed me to make the purchase!
In on the LE.

1 year later
#132 1 year ago

How do you get it to register coop? I put two people on and enabled team game but we weren’t playing the same score

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do you get it to register coop? I put two people on and enabled team game but we weren’t playing the same score

When TEAM play is enabled, coop will happen between players with identical profiles. I basically created 2 profiles for that. TEAM 1 and TEAM 2. Everyone assigned TEAM 1 play together. Everyone assigned TEAM 2 play together. If you just want coop then just assign the same profile to everybody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
11,500 (OBO)
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Life

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-weird-al-help-you-purchase-a-p3-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.