Brown Nose..gif
Brown Nose (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221126_000834 (resized).jpg
IMG_2619 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2620 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 954 of 962.
#47651 15 days ago

Move this wick business over to the hype thread.

This is "the next stern" thread and that means pokemon!

#47652 15 days ago
NEXT (resized).jpgNEXT (resized).jpg
#47653 15 days ago

Who are the designers and coders of wick?

#47654 15 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Who are the designers and coders of wick?

Elliot Eismin is the designer. Tim Sexton on code.

#47655 15 days ago

Premium gameplay footage and interview with Zach Sharpe

#47656 15 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Premium gameplay footage and interview with Zach Sharpe

Already posted

#47657 15 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a mechanical engineering degree? Because if you do, I'm sure Stern would like to underpay you while you live your dream. Apply today!

Best I can do is bachelor of digital art.

#47658 15 days ago

After my disappointment with John Wick, I really hope the next Stern is Dungeons and Dragons. If not then, 2024 will be a Pinless purchase year.

#47659 15 days ago

Jonny Crap on art. I like the art and the theme of colors they put together.

The Pro cab looks great.

IMG_8871 (resized).jpegIMG_8871 (resized).jpeg
#47660 15 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

After my disappointment with John Wick, I really hope the next Stern is Dungeons and Dragons. If not then, 2024 will be a Pinless purchase year.

I think it's just Metallica and then nothing until the start of 2025.

#47661 15 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jonny Crap on art. I like the art and the theme of colors they put together.
The Pro cab looks great.[quoted image]

Zach Sharpe said it was Randy.

randy (resized).pngrandy (resized).png
#47662 15 days ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Zach Sharpe said it was Randy.[quoted image]

You are correct! I was thinking Jonny Crap.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#47663 15 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You are correct! I was thinking Jonny Crap.

I thought so too when I first saw it!

#47664 15 days ago

Y'all got to head over to the John Wick hype thread - "gun gate" is in full rant. It's like Jaws not only refused to eat the ball, he also refused to be drawn holding a gun.

#47665 15 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I actually thought Wick looks like a good game. It's always hard to tell how well a game shoots (Ahem!), but it looks like it has nice flow and some cool new touches. Not in the market to buy right now, but I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a test drive on location. Venom plays better than I thought from its video release. Same with Jaws. Both will likely take a turn in our game room at some point. Wick could, too.

#47666 15 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Y'all got to head over to the John Wick hype thread - "gun gate" is in full rant. It's like Jaws not only refused to eat the ball, he also refused to be drawn holding a gun.

Sharks need weapons on their heads for warm meals and cruelty free meat

#47667 15 days ago

I love his art did an awesome job but side got held back by no gun rule which sucks.

#47668 15 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

I love his art did an awesome job but side got held back by no gun rule which sucks.

Wait no guns in John wick????
Lol wtf I am out.

#47669 15 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Wait no guns in John wick????
Lol wtf I am out.

Yeah , w/o guns there is zero point to this license. * If true - I have not studied the game to see for myself

#47670 15 days ago

What’s better than one MET?! … TWO!!
Onward to the NEXT Stern pin….

528983EB-AAF7-4CFA-9F45-4CA81C0504E6.gif528983EB-AAF7-4CFA-9F45-4CA81C0504E6.gif

#47671 15 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Bruh, soooo much AI in MET it'll be the death of you.

#47672 15 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bruh, soooo much AI in MET it'll be the death of you.

Probably right haha

#47673 15 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

My gut hopes it is the same playfield layout. Just add new art, LCD with band footage and old school music video clips + expression lights in cab and speakers. Jukebox mode.
Basically a refresh and the NIB goodness!
That works for me!
Please don’t over think this and F it up.

#47674 15 days ago

Pokémon with actual catching and trading would be so sick

#47675 15 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Thanks, might have to go stir some pots.

#47676 15 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah I chit chat about random things with my wife. Having casual conversation with my wife... Crazy I know...

It's great she's out on an unreleased pin that crosses the T on her interests.

#47677 15 days ago
Quoted from woodpost:

i'm not really a Pokemon fan, but i can absolutely see how integrating Pokemon game mechanics into a pin could be phenomenal. like, dangerously addictive. hit certain shots to spawn, battle, and capture Pokemon. have them be random, have them vary by rarity, and save your collection of captured Pokemon on Insider Connected, which you can access via an app to view them when not playing. can you imagine coming across a rare Pokemon after 284 games played or something, and having to hit a specific sequence of shots to capture it? and if you miss, it's gone, and you may never see it again. i mean your adrenaline would be through the roof. to have actual real world stakes (for people who actually value digital collections) tied to hitting these shots would be a game changer. it would absolutely KILL on location. and at home too, since for many people (especially families) it may actually be cheaper in the long run to just buy one. i think it could double or triple the previous best sellers, especially if Stern kept regularly adding more Pokemon and releasing special editions with custom artwork/armor.
but i'm 2 edibles deep, this'll probably sound really dumb in the morning.

This is great, get the first generation pokemons in the pin, start collecting, you play to evolve them. Sometimes you get a shiny. You can see your pokedesk in the IC app. And you can sell seassons pass to unlock other generations. You select your team of three in the IC while you don’t play.

Every pokemon you make active have different combos lighted in the shots or you get an opponent and those are the shots you need to make.

Infinite possibilities

#47678 15 days ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

This is great, get the first generation pokemons in the pin, start collecting, you play to evolve them. Sometimes you get a shiny. You can see your pokedesk in the IC app. And you can sell seassons pass to unlock other generations. You select your team of three in the IC while you don’t play.
Every pokemon you make active have different combos lighted in the shots or you get an opponent and those are the shots you need to make.
Infinite possibilities

I could write ideas for a pokemon pinball machine all day. So many things you can do, especially with IC

#47679 15 days ago

Anyone knows if the Indy Raiders of Lost Ark is canned or still in development ?

#47680 15 days ago
Quoted from marcd:

Anyone knows if the Indy Raiders of Lost Ark is canned or still in development ?

I doubt it, but maybe Stern'll finally finish the last one they did.

#47681 15 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Meant more to super collectors of Star Wars stuff. It’s a perfect theme for pinball collectors but I doubt many Star Wars collectors bought one.

Then who bought the thousands of Star Wars machines then?

I know someone literally here with a Star Wars "room" that bought one. She has one machine. Star Wars.

#47682 15 days ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Then who bought the thousands of Star Wars machines then?.

Pinball buyers like me?

#47683 15 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Meant more to super collectors of Star Wars stuff. It’s a perfect theme for pinball collectors but I doubt many Star Wars collectors bought one.

I did. Goes next to my Mando. Pretty sure I could store my Rubie's Supreme Edition Darth Vader costume underneath. I'll let you know while I'm dusting off my Roman Ceramics R2D2 cookie jar!

#47684 15 days ago
Quoted from Mackpinzie:

Pokémon with actual catching and trading would be so sick

If Stern actually builds this game it will bomb worse than WWW

#47685 15 days ago

Wonder what songs they’ll have for Metallica 2… wonder if it’ll be a remake or a full new game. I’m hoping for Pokémon in 2025

#47686 14 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

It's great she's out on an unreleased pin that crosses the T on her interests.

She’d be into the pin. But if she was in a Go session, she isn’t going to stop for 5-15 minutes to play a pinball machine. She’d get the rewards and move on.

That is what the vast majority of Pokemon Go players would do. Even if you had to play the game to get rewards, they’re not worth the time.

It’s a cute idea on paper. But you could just make pinball bars and arcades Pokemon go locations. You’d get about the same conversion rate.

#47687 14 days ago
Quoted from LIPinballSociety:

Wonder what songs they’ll have for Metallica 2… wonder if it’ll be a remake or a full new game. I’m hoping for Pokémon in 2025

Everything from Justice and earlier hopefully.

#47688 14 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

+ expression lights in cab and speakers

So you want Metallica to be a clown show as well? -No LE for me-will have to customize a Premium to not have clown show

I think it is a disgrace to add a rainbow show to WICK-almost as bad as the rainbow show for The Godfather.

Wait until the show gets old and you start to lose your taste for the rainbow

Scared of the clown show.gifScared of the clown show.gifSkittles.jpgSkittles.jpg

#47689 14 days ago

Not mention, I would be willing to bet the new Met is going to focus on the newer songs, as opposed to what we want. I do dig some of the newer Metallica, so if its a new layout, Im in.

#47690 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think it is a disgrace to add a rainbow show to WICK-almost as bad as the rainbow show for The Godfather. Wait until the show gets old and you start to lose your taste for the rainbow

While on the topic of rainbows, go treat yourselves..!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/166#post-8154514

Pinside_forum_8166191_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8166191_1 (resized).jpg
#47691 14 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

While on the topic of rainbows, go treat yourselves..!

I have to say I feel like a one man band over here?

Seems like everyone is into the expression/speaker thing except for me?

I like to follow my own path and not the sheep-but it would be nice if someone would agree

VPXDoz.gifVPXDoz.gif

#47692 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I like to follow my own path and not the sheep-but it would be nice if someone would agree
[quoted image]

I won’t leave you alone on the island but do have a caveat. I like Rush expression and to pop over to JJP GNR in song mode but agree with the Godfather comment. It works somewhat on EJ but when someone pukes on a system 11 game for example, not for me!

#47693 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

I can't stand lit speakers. Expression lights on rock themed pins can have their place. I cringe extra hard when I see a pin with under cab lighting, lit flipper buttons, lit speakers, backbox lighting, etc... I think to myself "just like the great wall of China, its visible from outer space". My next thought is "it needs LumaLegz"

#47694 14 days ago

I agree with you in this.
Having Both ELs AND speaker lights… it’s too much. Creeping into JJP glamour pin territory

Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

#47695 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So you want Metallica to be a clown show as well? -No LE for me-will have to customize a Premium to not have clown show
I think it is a disgrace to add a rainbow show to WICK-almost as bad as the rainbow show for The Godfather.
Wait until the show gets old and you start to lose your taste for the rainbow
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the lighting is programmed properly to set the mood to the music and has a white strobing effect. Yes. It needs to be programmed to the mood and not try to stand out. It can be programmed properly to make a very smooth “concert effect”.

I am not looking for a non- cohesive mess by any means.

#47696 14 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But you could just make pinball bars and arcades Pokemon go locations.

TBH I'm all for anything that keeps them off of the path's in the local park looking down at their phones.

#47697 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Agreed, 100%, that you can follow you own path!

Having said that, we're all grown-ups that enjoy playing expensive toys, so everything has to be taken with a grain of salt! Lol

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I cringe extra hard when I see a pin with under cab lighting, lit flipper buttons, lit speakers, backbox lighting, etc... I think to myself "just like the great wall of China, its visible from outer space". My next thought is "it needs LumaLegz"

Lumalegz?!!! I like your way of thinking! Lol

And to get back on topic, based on my very scientific calculation (not!), METALLICA spike-3 for the win..!

#47698 14 days ago

Well wick is slightly better than Venom. Bring on Metallica!!

#47699 14 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If the lighting is programmed properly to set the mood to the music and has a white strobing effect

Sorry but it does not matter what kind of programming it has. Speaker lights add a blinding distraction to the glass on upper playfield and they add zero value other than eye candy. Not a good move for Stern and will have me rethinking future LE models. I also do not care for the QR reader on apron and have expressed my opinion many times about that. I can see I am in the minority-so all I can do is sit back and shake my head

Shaking head.gifShaking head.gif
#47700 14 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sorry but it does not matter what kind of programming it has. Speaker lights add a blinding distraction to the glass on upper playfield and they add zero value other than eye candy. Not a good move for Stern and will have me rethinking future LE models. I also do not care for the QR reader on apron and have expressed my opinion many times about that. I can see I am in the minority-so all I can do is sit back and shake my head
[quoted image]

You might need some cardboard and duct tape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 48,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 954 of 962.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/954 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.