IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 924 of 944.
#46151 30 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Imagine it's Pokemon... Do they do the OG 151? What would sell more games? What would do best on location? I have to believe a blanket Red/Blue/Yellow OG 151 would be the best way to go with this theme. If it's all the new ones that no one with purchasing power knows..... then what's the point?
It would be awesome to see cabinets themed after famous gyms. Like if the premium was Lavender town and had all the ghost/psychic Pokemon on it.
Mark my words... if they put Gengar on a pinball machine, I'm buying it as fast as I can! I'm fantasizing about a Ghost type LE with the same purple from Stranger Things LE. I'm not even that big of a fan of Pokemon anymore, but it's such a huge and lovable part from my childhood I'm obligated to check it out. Just like TMNT was. Still love that game, even if it's the most brutal machine I can think of in recent years. Black Knight SOR has nothing on TMNT. The pizza and the ramp posts are insanely brutal. Plus the left Borg style outlane. God bless. What a challenge!
Jack Danger and Zombie Yeti, if you're reading... please do Pokemon... please do OG 151... please put Gengar in the artwork! He's the first Pokemon you see in the show and the first games! Gengar VS. Nidorino

Sounds like you need to reserve a jackoff booth!

#46152 30 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Took the Stern survey, based on the number of times they asked me about digital pinball and how it would affect my traditional pinball playing it made me wonder if they are toying with the idea of releasing a virtual machine or at least releasing digital pinball versions of their games again.
Thought it was strange how many questions they had about indoor rock climbing, mini golf, laser tag, the movies and bowling, is the next theme possibly Date Night the pinball machine?
I did the survey last night have not received the $15 does it take awhile to show up?

That's cool! How do you participate in the survey?

Those are all places that you would find a pinball machine... I'm sure they're feeling out what's more popular where to market their stuff to etc.

(The following is pure speculation. I know nothing and you should probably best skip it)

I've always thought they are missing huge revenue from digital pinball. Have the games be out for 3-4 years before they can be digitized to give operators value on their investment, while incentivizing them to upgrade and keep buying current games. As interest in the hobby grows, machines are holding much better value over time now than in years past.

I do believe people won't be as likely to go out and play if the digital version is available at home. However, people are making recreating them faithfully for free on VPX so why wouldn't they try and corner that market. The large majority of people don't know about VPX, then the ones that are interested are defeated by its difficulty of use. Zen pinball, while some of their marketing decisions have been questionable as of late, does a phenomenal job as far as faithfully recreating the Bally/William's games they offer. It would be an absolute cash-cow to start some Stern Pinball Service and have people pay $10/month for. Far less than what they'd spend at the bowling alley playing un-maintained examples of Stern Pros in a month, and the money for their games goes directly to Stern and Zen. I think there's a lot of people, myself included who would love to have the games digitally at home to learn the rules so I have an advantage in pinball league.

I could see operators revolting and boycotting Stern, but the proceeds from digital pinball, once popular enough, could out earn the losses on operator boycotts. I think they know this hence the Stern Insider Connected. It's all moving that way. Stern's biggest problem is they know that digitizing their games could slow sales of real games, at least at first, but they know the potential revenue for online digital pinball could be absolutely insane as a digital service. Digitizing current pinball games too soon could kill Stern too, then they get bought out. But if pinball is doing so poorly that Stern would sell, who would buy?

Stern's issue is, while growing faster than it has in a long time, pinball isn't big enough to ensure the digital service would offset the large potential for loss of physical sales. So their main job right now is " Grow the brand, grow the hobby". Hence Stern is a " Lifestyle brand". You'll notice not long after Stern changed their main goal, Gary Stern (who hates video games) stepped down. Sure it was mostly because of old age, but also pinball, his physical game hobby that he's become the savior and king of, that almost died to video games, is now going the way of video games and he probably didn't want to be a part of it anymore. Why not let someone who knows how to navigate that future and who truly understands the concept take over. Unfortunately we got the Disney guy who's used to getting away with being as greedy as possible, but that's ideally good for Stern ensuring their survival and thus being around to give us more pinball in the future. I don't like it, but if it's to save pinball and to grow it to the point where it's all in my home and on my xbox/pc/cellphone while I'm taking a break at work/ then at least there will still be pinball!

Zen Pinball, I would imagine, has been knocking down Stern's door saying, " Hey, look at all the money we're making from digitizing William's and Bally Pinball games. We'd like to add your games to our collection. This is how much you could earn if you go with us." Stern probably wants more which means they've got more work to do first. If I were Stern, I'd want everyone playing Pinball everywhere. In the car on the tablet on the way to soccer practice, on the toilet at work, in between meetings, on the bus, E V E R Y W H E R E. It'll happen, I just don't know when.

That was a fun little thought journey at 12:30AM. Hadn't really considered or been able to talk to anyone about digitizing Stern games until now!

I'm bracing for the masses to tell me I'm an idiot.

https://giphy.com/gifs/starz-reaction-3o7WIPku0tmvhunqwg

#46153 30 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Sounds like you need to reserve a jackoff booth!

No, thanks though.

100% dream theme. If it's the original 151, my hopes are so high. If it includes all 800+ Pokemon, I'm out. Zero interest. I'd give it a try in the wild but I'd honestly be disgusted. Similar to what happened with the absolute tragedy that is Toy Story 4. Why did it have to be 4? It could have been so great as 1. I'd even settle for 2. But 4 was way wrong. The ipad was wrong. But we all know this. It's still a fun game. It could have been so much better, though. I hope that doesn't happen to Pokemon. I hope Jack Danger is really on it. I like the Foo Fighters game and how he dual themed the machine. It was smart because FF isn't that strong of a theme. Almost got me, because that layout is so unique and fun it absolutely would stand out in a collection. I just can't get over the FF music and that they're plastered all over the machine. I love the Foo Bot concept. I even think Dave Grohl is an all around awesome guy! I just don't want him on my pinball machine in my house. Maybe on a Nirvana pin, but even that probably not. Also, Jack Danger's Jurassic Park layout is awesome too. Really looking forward to seeing what he has next. More eager for Jack's next release than the next Elwin for sure!

#46154 30 days ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Not sure it meaningfully eats into quarter drops and I'd be surprised if the vpin market does anything to the LE/Prem sales.

See Stern just chop up both ends of your business to make it easier on tournament players.

#46155 30 days ago
IMG_0568 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
#46156 30 days ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Maybe they are asking that to see if it's worth placing machines in those types of locations?

My buddy has 10 pins in one if these spots. Its very profitable for him.

#46157 30 days ago
Quoted from MarioRex:

[quoted image]

A pin focused on their 2001 Discovery album with clips from Interstella 5555 would have some amazing potential. Although with them splitting a year ago those hopes seem to be quite unlikely (atleast from Stern or other manufacturers).

Wasn't there a thread for a homebrew a while ago? Never saw what the final thing came out to be.

#46158 30 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

No, thanks though.
100% dream theme. If it's the original 151, my hopes are so high. If it includes all 800+ Pokemon, I'm out. Zero interest. I'd give it a try in the wild but I'd honestly be disgusted. Similar to what happened with the absolute tragedy that is Toy Story 4. Why did it have to be 4? It could have been so great as 1. I'd even settle for 2. But 4 was way wrong. The ipad was wrong. But we all know this. It's still a fun game. It could have been so much better, though. I hope that doesn't happen to Pokemon. I hope Jack Danger is really on it. I like the Foo Fighters game and how he dual themed the machine. It was smart because FF isn't that strong of a theme. Almost got me, because that layout is so unique and fun it absolutely would stand out in a collection. I just can't get over the FF music and that they're plastered all over the machine. I love the Foo Bot concept. I even think Dave Grohl is an all around awesome guy! I just don't want him on my pinball machine in my house. Maybe on a Nirvana pin, but even that probably not. Also, Jack Danger's Jurassic Park layout is awesome too. Really looking forward to seeing what he has next. More eager for Jack's next release than the next Elwin for sure!

I really don’t see the complaints in choosing TS4. Arguably best movie in the series, nostalgia aside, killer theme with carnival, what is not to like? Choosing an older movie or older movies would have actually been the real mistake. Different eras of animation mixed up in a mess. Ultimately TS4 is a great theme and a great game.

#46159 30 days ago

no on everything I just read. I have own almost 30 machines and the only machine I wanted sell was TS4 because it was the pits.

#46160 30 days ago
Quoted from ripit:

no on everything I just read. I have own almost 30 machines and the only machine I wanted sell was TS4 because it was the pits.

could you send me one of your machines? i bet you wont even know it's gone

#46161 30 days ago
Quoted from kevmo:

A pin focused on their 2001 Discovery album with clips from Interstella 5555 would have some amazing potential. Although with them splitting a year ago those hopes seem to be quite unlikely (atleast from Stern or other manufacturers).
Wasn't there a thread for a homebrew a while ago? Never saw what the final thing came out to be.

I've been working on it on and off over the years. I'm currently in an "on" time with some additional help from the builder of Mindcrime. A new whitewood is underway.

#46162 30 days ago
Quoted from kevmo:

Historically (in my experience) licensing their albums for synchronized play has been super tough because of the sheer number of samples used, all which need to be cleared, IIRC.

Of the 4-5 band pins I'd buy, this would be one of them. oh my the lightshow.

#46163 30 days ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Historically (in my experience) licensing their albums for synchronized play has been super tough because of the sheer number of samples used, all which need to be cleared, IIRC.
Of the 4-5 band pins I'd buy, this would be one of them. oh my the lightshow.

Would the pyramid be on the playfield or better as a topper?

#46164 30 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

I really don’t see the complaints in choosing TS4. Arguably best movie in the series, nostalgia aside, killer theme with carnival, what is not to like? Choosing an older movie or older movies would have actually been the real mistake. Different eras of animation mixed up in a mess. Ultimately TS4 is a great theme and a great game.

Respectfully disagree. TS3 was a PERFECT send off and closes the loop on where it all began. TS4 is good, but not necessarily needed.

#46165 30 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

It's the lowest rated Toy Story on Metacritic (don't use Rottentomatoes because they are owned in many ways). Original was 95, TS3 was 92, TS2 was 88, and TS4 is 84. TS4 is also the only Toy Story I've fallen asleep during part of. It's just kind of a by-the-numbers, fake heart effort. Just pedestrian in almost every way.

BUT, the JJP pin did a disservice by not doing more with the antique shop for modes. That was a pretty significant part of the movie. There was (and is, if they want to polish the game) a lot there to work with that they mostly ignored with the exception of the pop-ups on the playfield. But I doubt JJP is going to give owners the game they were promised, so what's there is there, and the reason it is hard to move used and goes for a lower price.

#46166 30 days ago
Quoted from yolosuarez:

Respectfully disagree. TS3 was a PERFECT send off and closes the loop on where it all began. TS4 is good, but not necessarily needed.

Well get ready for Toy Story 5, announced for 2026!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#46167 30 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's the lowest rated Toy Story on Metacritic (don't use Rottentomatoes because they are owned in many ways). Original was 95, TS3 was 92, TS2 was 88, and TS4 is 84. TS4 is also the only Toy Story I've fallen asleep during part of. It's just kind of a by-the-numbers, fake heart effort. Just pedestrian in almost every way.
BUT, the JJP pin did a disservice by not doing more with the antique shop for modes. That was a pretty significant part of the movie. There was (and is, if they want to polish the game) a lot there to work with that they mostly ignored with the exception of the pop-ups on the playfield. But I doubt JJP is going to give owners the game they were promised, so what's there is there, and the reason it is hard to move used and goes for a lower price.

That may be true, but it was still a fun movie that I enjoyed.

#46168 30 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

That may be true, but it was still a fun movie that I enjoyed.

I'm not saying YOU can't enjoy it (I often cite Xanadu as a movie I enjoy, despite knowing it's critically panned for reason), just pointing out the reasons why the general consensus is that the movie and the pin are less-than.

#46169 29 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying YOU can't enjoy it (I often cite Xanadu as a movie I enjoy, despite knowing it's critically panned for reason), just pointing out the reasons why the general consensus is that the movie and the pin are less-than.

Never realized Michael Beck was in that..
Cleaned himself up for Olivia. Kept the vest look. Lol
At first glance I thought that was Andy Gibb which would be epic. Then reading about it Andy was actually first cast for the role of Sonny. Double lol.
Screenshot_20240330-084035 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240330-084035 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240330-084246 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240330-084246 (resized).png

#46170 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Never realized Michael Beck was in that..

That's why it's the last time you saw him

#46171 26 days ago

Wow! This shit seems dead as fu@k! Guess pinball is dying at this time….
Posts used to be nonstop night and day! Not bad for the pocket book though

#46172 26 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Wow! This shit seems dead as fu@k! Guess pinball is dying at this time….
Posts used to be nonstop night and day! Not bad for the pocket book though

I prefer the quiet to adults belming on about fucking pokemon

#46173 26 days ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I prefer the quiet to adults belming on about fucking pokemon

I've never been a Pokemon person, but my kids love it and I admit it would make a great pinball theme. If Pokemon was released and it was as much fun as Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Elvira, or Bond I'd buy one.

#46174 26 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out around 18 May 2024!
Stern announced Jaws (2 January) over a month behind the predicted schedule. This was the longest gap (175 days) between cornerstone pins since switching to Spike 2 excepting their publically announced skip in late 2021/early 2022. Note this only counts Pro/Premium/Le pins. I have no inside information on what the next cornerstone pin will be, but most likely guess as of today (1/4/24) is Pokemon based on rumors. Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Skipped release (Doesn’t count… publically announced Skip from Stern).
Bond: 9/22/2022 ( 261 days… after Rush… counting as 130 (261/2) due to skip.
Foo Fighters: 2/28/2023 (160 days… after Bond).
Venom: 7/11/2023 (134 days after Foo Fighters).
Jaws: 1/2/2024 (175 days after Venom)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 135 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 May 2024
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.
[quoted image]

Monthly reminder, next Stern Cornerstone pin is due out on or about 18 May. Math and logic above. Top rumors include John Wick, Pokemon, X-Men97, He-Man, and Indiana Jones.

#46175 26 days ago

I'd have to buy He Man/MOTU. I'd have interest in all of those themes with the least being Pokémon since at 46 I kind of missed that somehow and never dove in much

#46176 26 days ago

Monthly reminder, next Stern Cornerstone pin is due out on or about 18 May. Math and logic above. Top rumors include John Wick, Pokemon, X-Men97, He-Man, and Indiana Jones.

These rumors are lame. None of these titles are interesting.

#46177 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

SantaEatsCheese, our top data guy!!

#46178 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Further the conversation then - What titles would interest you?

#46179 26 days ago

I've never been a Pokemon person, but my kids love it and I admit it would make a great pinball theme. If Pokemon was released and it was as much fun as Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Elvira, or Bond I'd buy one.

Just got back from Japan and Pokemon was EVERYWHERE. It's still a huge license.

It's not something that I ever got into, but it is still mega popular and the many Pokemon Centers are always packed with tourists buying Pokemon merch. I think it would be a huge pinball title for Stern if they secured it and I'm very interested to see if Pokemon pinball machines start popping up in places that never had a pinball machine before. I'm also keen to see what new things they do with Insider Connected.

In Tokyo and Osaka, you were always guaranteed of finding Pokemon, Super Mario or Godzilla merch. Stern has had huge success with Godzilla, I'm hoping Pokemon and Super Mario are future Stern Pinball titles.

#46180 26 days ago

Curious did you see any Godzilla pinballmachines in Japan? That should tell you if Pokemon pinball would be accepted in Japan.

Quoted from ahdelarge:

Just got back from Japan and Pokemon was EVERYWHERE. It's still a huge license.
It's not something that I ever got into, but it is still mega popular and the many Pokemon Centers are always packed with tourists buying Pokemon merch. I think it would be a huge pinball title for Stern if they secured it and I'm very interested to see if Pokemon pinball machines start popping up in places that never had a pinball machine before. I'm also keen to see what new things they do with Insider Connected.
In Tokyo and Osaka, you were always guaranteed of finding Pokemon, Super Mario or Godzilla merch. Stern has had huge success with Godzilla, I'm hoping Pokemon and Super Mario are future Stern Pinball titles.

#46181 26 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious did you see any Godzilla pinballmachines in Japan? That should tell you if Pokemon pinball would be accepted in Japan.

I know they sent some and all GZ's have the dual language from the start. They could have sent zero GZ's over there and I will tell you if you have a distro set up they would order no less than 1k pokemon to start. It would sell well there.

#46182 26 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

"0" Godzilla Pinballs, I went to Tokyo the past September, stayed at the "Gracery Shinjuku"(Godzilla Hotel) and no GZ Pinballs around… I was expecting at least to see some in Akihabara(District) and there was just a place that has "1" JJP Pirates OTC, and "1" The Simpsons PP that’s it!

I remember PinMonk mentioned that in Japan they’re not fan of pinballs and that’s true.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#46183 26 days ago

Yeah the whole pokemon in japan point is MOOT because Pinball is NOT popular in the country.

Japan is big on Pachinko, when was the last time you saw massive halls of import pachinko games in 'Murica.

#46184 26 days ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

In Tokyo and Osaka, you were always guaranteed of finding Pokemon, Super Mario or Godzilla merch.

…and Mazinger Z everywhere.

#46185 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Yeah the whole pokemon in japan point is MOOT because Pinball is NOT popular in the country.
Japan is big on Pachinko, when was the last time you saw massive halls of import pachinko games in 'Murica.

It's close enough, and not like they did not have their own manufacturers of pins- people just have never seen them heard of those sega pins and some others. Don't be so quick to assume that this could not take off there- we know how their demographics are doing and many are "stay at home" types that don't have spouses and have just enough room for 1 machine.

#46186 26 days ago

American Pinball logic. Japan likes Pokemon so Japan will like Pokemon pinball machines. Anyone buying a BOBBQC for their restaurant? Just asking :/

#46187 26 days ago

There’s at least some pinball around in Tokyo, but no Godzillas. I did find one Godzilla in pretty big place in Osaka (122 pins)

IMG_1460 (resized).pngIMG_1460 (resized).png
#46188 26 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

It's close enough, and not like they did not have their own manufacturers of pins- people just have never seen them heard of those sega pins and some others. Don't be so quick to assume that this could not take off there- we know how their demographics are doing and many are "stay at home" types that don't have spouses and have just enough room for 1 machine.

I don't know if the mention of Sega in pinball was just to try and flex knowledge but you must also know how fast Sega pinball dissolved, right?

Hell why not just pull out all the stops and include Capcom pinball division too- how about Data East? Data East would have been better for the argument I think- they had staying power for a little bit.

You're trying to speculate on how the unicycle market is at the wheelchair expo.

#46189 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I don't know if the mention of Sega in pinball was just to try and flex knowledge but you must also know how fast Sega pinball dissolved, right?
Hell why not just pull out all the stops and include Capcom pinball division too- how about Data East? Data East would have been better for the argument I think- they had staying power for a little bit.
You're trying to speculate on how the unicycle market is at the wheelchair expo.

Reality check: We’re talking about the marketability of pinball in a country that buys soiled underwear out of gumball machines.

#46190 26 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Reality check: We’re talking about the marketability of pinball in a country that buys soiled underwear out of gumball machines.

Lol- yeah, and you know what? we might foster an interest in pinball over there if we start slamming some bloomers underneath the playfield.

#46191 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I think its just pointing out that Pokemon is an absolutely massive license with worldwide appeal. Do I think a Pokemon game would suddenly make pinball huge in Japan? No. Its huge in other countries where pinball is popular though. Like Huge huge. I don't understand these guys who think just because its a theme they don't like, it isn't a massive phenomenon that tons of other people do. Yes, even to people in the pinball buying demographic. The younger end of that demographic but probably also the fastest growing demographic.

#46192 26 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Man, thats way more convenient than on fb marketplace and onlyfans and reddit and other online areas like people do over here! Japan really has it all figured out! I wonder if they have dirty sock ones too or if thats just a USA thing.

#46193 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Man, thats way more convenient than on fb marketplace and onlyfans and reddit and other online areas like people do over here! Japan really has it all figured out! I wonder if they have dirty sock ones too or if thats just a USA thing.

I can pop over there, make it a japan thing.

#46194 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Fulfilling your order now.

IMG_1535.gifIMG_1535.gif
#46195 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

There's one in my basement!

IMG_2948 (resized).jpegIMG_2948 (resized).jpeg
#46196 26 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Fulfilling your order now. [quoted image]

lmfao!

#46197 26 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

"0" Godzilla Pinballs, I went to Tokyo the past September, stayed at the "Gracery Shinjuku"(Godzilla Hotel) and no GZ Pinballs around… I was expecting at least to see some in Akihabara(District) and there was just a place that has "1" JJP Pirates OTC, and "1" The Simpsons PP that’s it!
I remember PinMonk mentioned that in Japan they’re not fan of pinballs and that’s true.

The upside is that if you get a Japan reimport, it's PRISTENE. It will have barely got played, ever.

If you were in Shinjuku, if you wandered over to Kabuki-cho, you probably saw a bunch of pachinko, though. If pinball was actually a gambling device that dispensed prizes like pachinko, it'd be more popular - they are a nation of gamblers.

We often stay at the Shinjuku Prince right next to the JR line. There are a TON of great little mom and pop hole-in-the wall restaurants in those Kabuki-cho back alleys next to it.

#46198 26 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Is that still a thing? I only ran across this once in a lonely vending machine (not a gumball machine) when walking late at night on the other side of the JR tracks opposite the Shinjuku Prince in late 90s, early 2000s. I think it was a fad of a very specific time. I never saw it again. It's so weird and random, the legend kind of lives in the internet now.

#46199 26 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that still a thing? I only ran across this once in a lonely vending machine (not a gumball machine) when walking late at night on the other side of the JR tracks opposite the Shinjuku Prince in late 90s, early 2000s. I think it was a fad of a very specific time. I never saw it again. It's so weird and random, the legend kind of lives in the internet now.

I think its somewhere between urban legend and a highly overblown story that westerners tell each other about crazy Japan. I swear every time I hear this story its almost made out to seem like you find these things on every street corner, but it was probably just like a random machine or two one time. They love vending machines in Japan almost as much as gambling! I've seen some interesting vending machines at shadier spots around the US too, I wonder if a Japanese vacationer ever saw one and spread the legendary tale of the dildo claw machine's they have all over the USA

#46200 26 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

... every time I hear this story its almost made out to seem like you find these things on every street corner, but it was probably just like a random machine or two one time.

You're telling me I looked for days!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 499.00
$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 924 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/924 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.