IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.
#2201 85 days ago

Had my CV for around 18 years and just had my worst ever game, 3 balls, all of them virtually straight down the middle

1000023093 (resized).jpg1000023093 (resized).jpg

#2202 84 days ago

Listed mine on Facebook here yesterday with some other machines.

Too many games, not enough spaces.

cv2 (resized).jpgcv2 (resized).jpg

#2203 84 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Listed mine on Facebook here yesterday with some other machines.
Too many games, not enough spaces.
[quoted image]

How much did you list it for? I don't have Facebook

#2204 84 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How much did you list it for? I don't have Facebook

It's listed at 20k. You got Thurbers one?

#2205 84 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's listed at 20k. You got Thurbers one?

I got the one from Beercade in Sydney

#2206 82 days ago

Joined the club!

IMG_0340 (resized).jpegIMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2207 43 days ago

Did anyone get invisi glass or HD glass? I find the glare horrible on this machine.

#2208 42 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Did anyone get invisi glass or HD glass? I find the glare horrible on this machine.

Of course! Beautiful game with Vampire glass here.

#2209 42 days ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

Of course! Beautiful game with Vampire glass here.

Ok I’ll try HD glass.

#2210 42 days ago

I have voodoo glass in mine, and it helps, but it doesn't eliminate it completely. The glare on this game is pretty bad.

#2211 42 days ago

I installed one of those black plastic glare screens between the dmd and the cover plastic. It Kinda helped but not much. Maybe with both the Hd glass and that I can the dmd lol

#2212 42 days ago

Is the game spossed to have coulored GI?

#2213 42 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I installed some star post lights because I like them. changed like 2 GI bulbs that glare at my eyeballs with bright white light. I can’t stand that either. But everyone is entitled to dress their machine anyway they see fit I guess. Not sure what that would do for glare?

#2214 42 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It was not shipped with colored GI.

#2215 42 days ago

They didn’t even have color GI back then. They didn’t have LED’s - the best they did was put a color rubber on. So is it sacrilegious for new companies installing color changing GI? I don’t even understand the comment to be honest no context no quote just a random comment?

#2216 42 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

They didn’t even have color GI back then. They didn’t have LED’s - the best they did was put a color rubber on. So is it sacrilegious for new companies installing color changing GI? I don’t even understand the comment to be honest no context no quote just a random comment?

Actually when I picked mine up, it had colored incandescents in the slings. Not colored condoms, actual color bulbs. I didn't even know those existed, and wasn't sure if they were original or an interesting add on. I kept them in my box when I swapped to LEDs, dunno what I'll ever do with them but kinda cool.

A little color in the GI done sparingly can really be a nice touch, but it's tough to do well and everyone gets carried away. The dark colors are almost always a bad call, but ice blue and teal used sparingly can work well. Playing with different warmths of white can really make things pop too.

I remember seeing a Dirty Harry with like 80% pink 20% purple GI. It was...amusing. I would....advise against.

#2217 42 days ago

People do with their games as they see fit. A buddy GI’d his game the other day and it looked like rainbow brite lol. I was like hey man, it’s your machine. You do you. Personally tho, I just can’t stand a white light that is usually under a ramp glaring in my eye. That other dude would melt if he saw my Congo! I lit almost every star post green. lol I like it!

#2218 42 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It was not shipped with colored GI.

Thanks, that's what i thought.

Mine is unplayable in the dark and i figured that's what had been done, will put some warm whites in the slings and close to the flippers and see how it looks.

#2219 38 days ago

Joined the club! Totally pleased with my new purchase but I've found one small problem I hope you guys can advise me on. When I turn the volume down to a level that's acceptable in a small room, the sound intermittently drops out on the main speakers and is only coming from the sub. It may do this for 60 seconds or so and then go back to normal for the rest of the session or it may do it every few minutes. This doesn't happen at higher volume levels. Suggestions?

#2220 38 days ago
Quoted from R17isTooFast:

Joined the club! Totally pleased with my new purchase but I've found one small problem I hope you guys can advise me on. When I turn the volume down to a level that's acceptable in a small room, the sound intermittently drops out on the main speakers and is only coming from the sub. It may do this for 60 seconds or so and then go back to normal for the rest of the session or it may do it every few minutes. This doesn't happen at higher volume levels. Suggestions?

Have you re-seated / cleaned up the speaker header connectors on the board in the backbox? Oxidated connections could cause this.

#2221 32 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have you re-seated / cleaned up the speaker header connectors on the board in the backbox? Oxidated connections could cause this.

Thanks! I think that fixed it.

#2222 26 days ago

Hello everyone.

I have a problem on a Circus Voltaire at the level of Mister Loyal. when he goes up and down, his nose touches the playfield, I don't see any adjustment to adjust the centering of the head in relation to the hole. an idea?

THANKS

#2223 26 days ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

Hello everyone.
I have a problem on a Circus Voltaire at the level of Mister Loyal. when he goes up and down, his nose touches the playfield, I don't see any adjustment to adjust the centering of the head in relation to the hole. an idea?
THANKS

Take him out and bend his neck spring back, so he's not leaning forward so much.

#2224 25 days ago

hello,

thank you for the response. I had never had the case despite all the circus I had. This is exactly what I thought I was doing, it confirms my idea.

thanks again

#2225 24 days ago

I’ve picked up a CV to restore and hoping this club can help me answer a few things:
1. How does the neon install? Mine has an aftermarket thing in there but I’ve bought a neon with 2 wires at each end
2. Is the larger of the 2 subway ramps available anywhere? Mine is broken
3. Best artblades solution? I see a few options
That’s all for now

#2226 23 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve picked up a CV to restore and hoping this club can help me answer a few things:
1. How does the neon install? Mine has an aftermarket thing in there but I’ve bought a neon with 2 wires at each end
That’s all for now

Favorite artblades are holographic from pingraffix.

#2227 23 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Everyone has a different taste in blades. That all depends the lighting you doing. I put in mirror blades. Original neon has 2 wires. The bottom wire next to sling shoot goes back under neon to the top and connects to a transformer wich is common to go bad. Neon unles glass is broken should be ok. All plastics ramps are available at Starship fantasy. Good luck

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2229 13 days ago

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have an original manual for sale? I would love to buy a NOS or used one, feel free to message me!

Thanks,

#2230 8 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

That’s all for now

These are my favorite artblades. They look great!

20220106_181145 (resized).jpg20220106_181145 (resized).jpg20220106_181332 (resized).jpg20220106_181332 (resized).jpg20220106_181449 (resized).jpg20220106_181449 (resized).jpg
#2231 8 days ago

They are the tilt graphics ones?
I’d love to see what the Pingraffix holographic ones look like on a machine, it’s between those 2.
Also deciding between angry ringmaster v normal in the game

#2232 8 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

They are the tilt graphics ones?
I’d love to see what the Pingraffix holographic ones look like on a machine, it’s between those 2.
Also deciding between angry ringmaster v normal in the game

The angry (skinny head) ringmaster head is known for periodically being a ball trap as the ball will at times get hung up on the collar area of the ringmaster. Years ago I had the same question regarding the ringmaster heads as I felt that the skinny ringmaster head has a more maniacal look, but I didn't want to deal with the occasional ball traps.

Below is a photo of the skinny ringmaster head and the fatter ringmaster head as shown on my CV.

Gord

Skinny_Ringmaster (resized).jpgSkinny_Ringmaster (resized).jpg
P1030251 (resized).JPGP1030251 (resized).JPG

#2233 8 days ago

Duplicate post. Mods please delete.

#2234 7 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The angry (skinny head) ringmaster head is known for periodically being a ball trap as the ball will at times get hung up on the collar area of the ringmaster. Years ago I had the same question regarding the ringmaster heads as I felt that the skinny ringmaster head has a more maniacal look, but I didn't want to deal with the occasional ball traps.
Below is a photo of the skinny ringmaster head and the fatter ringmaster head as shown on my CV.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks, I was thinking of the purple angry version instead of the green one. Anyone have that version in their game?

#2235 7 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks, I was thinking of the purple angry version instead of the green one. Anyone have that version in their game?

Do an image search, they've been posted here, along with whatever was the fix for the skiiny head thing i recall reading it when i got my Cirqis.

#2236 7 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The angry (skinny head) ringmaster head is known for periodically being a ball trap as the ball will at times get hung up on the collar area of the ringmaster.

No.

The skinny RM head had the potential to catch a ball as he was lowering into the playfield, and pull the ball down with him, dropping it INTO the cabinet (thereby taking the ball out of the game). During sample games, the head was enlarged to the final version to stop this from happening.
However, after production games hit the street, it was discovered that the final head was too large for the ball to escape from behind the Bally-Hoo target to the left of him. So, they released the technical bulletin, which included a post and told operators to drill and install this post behind the bally-hoo target, to stop balls from rolling back and getting stuck.

In a home environment, the skinny head is not much of an issue, and if you like it, I recommend using it - I think I could count on one hand the # of times he actually dropped the ball into the cabinet during the years I owned my CVs.

#2237 2 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

However, after production games hit the street, it was discovered that the final head was too large for the ball to escape from behind the Bally-Hoo target to the left of him. So, they released the technical bulletin, which included a post and told operators to drill and install this post behind the bally-hoo target, to stop balls from rolling back and getting stuck.

I never truly understood this issue/fix. Yea, it's a ball trap and the code has a ball search algo.. was the issue that inexperienced players would walk away thinking the ball was stuck forever?

#2238 2 days ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I never truly understood this issue/fix. Yea, it's a ball trap and the code has a ball search algo.. was the issue that inexperienced players would walk away thinking the ball was stuck forever?

Pretty much, yeah - I remember talking to Ted (of Twilight Zone fame, but still relatable here) that apparently one of the two things to absolutely avoid was the ball getting hung up anywhere without the game playing an animation/sound or otherwise holding the player's attention (eg Stuck Ball). So losing a ball in the cabinet, or getting it stuck behind that standup was bad. These were commercial machines, meant to bring in money, so you don't want someone walking away if you can prevent it.

Like I mentioned - I had two Sample games, that had the thin heads and no retrofit kit installed.. I think I can count on one hand the number of times the ball was taken into the cabinet by the RM. And it was surprising how often the ball DID end up rolling behind that friggin' standup target.

#2239 2 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Pretty much, yeah - I remember talking to Ted (of Twilight Zone fame, but still relatable here) that apparently one of the two things to absolutely avoid was the ball getting hung up anywhere without the game playing an animation/sound or otherwise holding the player's attention (eg Stuck Ball). So losing a ball in the cabinet, or getting it stuck behind that standup was bad. These were commercial machines, meant to bring in money, so you don't want someone walking away if you can prevent it.
Like I mentioned - I had two Sample games, that had the thin heads and no retrofit kit installed.. I think I can count on one hand the number of times the ball was taken into the cabinet by the RM. And it was surprising how often the ball DID end up rolling behind that friggin' standup target.

Yea, I get that they are commercial machines (not so sure about recently though, LOL) and dropping balls into the cabinet isn't gonna cut it. But I guess I/we was just too much of an arcade kid so that *this* particular hangup didn't confuse me/us ever. Meh.

I've always debated getting a skinny ringmaster, it is way nicer looking.

#2240 41 hours ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I've always debated getting a skinny ringmaster, it is way nicer looking.

I friggin' love it a loooot better. Once I'm in the market for re-adding CV to my collection, I'm going to prefer games that haven't had that post drilled into the PF. I can live with the rare ball-in-the-cabinet issue for the skinny RM head.

#2241 37 hours ago

So we’re in agreement that the skinny RM head is much better than both the regular and angry purple ones?

#2242 27 hours ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

angry purple ones

Wait, what?

#2243 18 hours ago
images (2) (resized).jpgimages (2) (resized).jpg
#2244 18 hours ago

... I have never seen that before. Custom coloring job? Interesting; not sure if I like it or not..

#2245 4 hours ago
Quoted from Coyote:

... I have never seen that before. Custom coloring job? Interesting; not sure if I like it or not..

Looks like a spring breaker noobie that sat on the beach too long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

There are 2,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.