(Topic ID: 142195)

Wanted: DE King Kong (I know you're out there)

By fattrain

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by fattrain
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nevergonnagiveyouupnevergonnaletyoudown_cbe5f2_5073987.png
imgres.22943957_std.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

DE King Kong (I know you're out there)

Added: 2015-10-20 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 14th, 2016) • Ended: March 2nd, 2016

Price

Wanted

Alright guys. Looking for a Data East King Kong. If you have one that you're willing to part with then drop me a line.

If you have any leads on a King Kong then drop me a PM and if it pans out into a deal then I'll definitely take care of you with a finders fee

Thank you!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are fattrain's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to fattrain's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Sacramento, California, US

#2 8 years ago

I know you're out there
You're in hiding
And you hold your meetings
I can hear you coming
We know what you're after
We're wise to you this time
We won't let you kill the laughter
Lunatic fringe

I know where one is, but I'm sure you already know where that one is.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I know where one is, but I'm sure you already know where that one is.

And Dayhuff won't give it up!

#4 8 years ago

Yeah that guys a real jerk for not selling.....probably because nobody has gotten REALLY crazy with the offers.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 8 years ago

I can get a little crazy but not sure about REALLY crazy. I mean, that's a lot of capital letters

#6 8 years ago

Well, there's only nine of them, and the people who have them don't want to get rid of them.

It's not just capital letters at that point....it's capital letters and bolded.

Some of the other protos were a bit weird, too. Remember that one that hit eBay that had all giant-sized flippers? That had to play weird.

Dayhuff's seems to be one of the most "normal" of the bunch...maybe because it is #9 of 9.

Pete

#7 8 years ago

I would just like to say that i would not hesitate to buy a new version of King Kong if Stern made it.......bump

#8 8 years ago

I could be wrong but this was the story I was told ions ago. It could be a fish tale so who knows. Gary Stern traded Pacak the Tommy and King Kong protos for like a zillion balls when pacak bought Alvin G's crap.

Any validity to this?

#9 8 years ago

I had my lock on one for $12000 from that guy that ran the museum in Maryland was it? He was ready to take the $$, but it was also on ebay so he got higher offers in the process. Not sure where it went after that.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I could be wrong but this was the story I was told ions ago. It could be a fish tale so who knows. Gary Stern traded Pacak the Tommy and King Kong protos for like a zillion balls when pacak bought Alvin G's crap.
Any validity to this?

There could be. Back in the day, basically no one gave a darn about prototype games, and even low production run games were easy to get. Due to the space they take up, people wanted the games they loved, not weird and random one offs. Even when I got into the hobby about 15 years ago, you could get a lot of rarities real cheap.

You still can if you look in the right place. I got a Viza War, which as far as I can determine, there are TWO of them working in the world. I know someone who got a non-working one not too long ago, and he practically had to give it away because basically no one cared. Joust, all the Alvin G games, etc, used to be like that.

Stern very easily could have traded Pacak something that wasn't worth much if anything to them (prototypes that would be hard to sell and impossible to support) in return for a bunch of what he could use.

Having said all that, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the code really only work on a handful of the 9 machines? I thought the complete differences in some of the games made the code impossible to use on them. Could be wrong though.

#11 8 years ago

heard that one came into Australia in 2014, not 100% confirmed but at least you know one is out of reach

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I would just like to say that i would not hesitate to buy a new version of King Kong if Stern made it.......bump

This would be a great VE game especially with the new movie coming out.

#13 8 years ago

Still on the hunt for that....
imgres.22943957_std.jpegimgres.22943957_std.jpeg

#14 8 years ago

Has all nine King Kongs been accounted for?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Has all nine King Kongs been accounted for?

I know where about half of them are (with at least 2 being in California). Generally with these rare games (KK, KP, Goin' Nuts, e.t.c.) people are very secretive about even admitting owning one.

#16 8 years ago

I'll find the guy who has one in Jersey. I played it.

#17 8 years ago

I know of two owners: one being John here

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yeah that guys a real jerk for not selling
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I know right! If only we knew where the guy lived and had his phone number.

3 weeks later
#19 8 years ago

Still looking for Mr. Kong

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Still looking for Mr. Kong

And he is looking for Ms. Right. Good luck!

Brad

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I got a Viza War, which as far as I can determine, there are TWO of them working in the world.
I know of one I would swear is home use only, beautiful condition. I owned it and it wasn't working, I sold it to a good friend of mine and it took him months but he got it working again and still is to this day.. soo 3??

#22 8 years ago

Don't give up, be patient, I've owned 1 Orbitor1, 1 Euromat, 2 Rat Races, 4 Jousts, 2 Alvin G. USA Footballs, 1 Soccerball, 1 Viza War, 3 Banzai Runs and over the years passed on buying 3 Varkons, 1 Gottlieb Go'in Nuts and 2 other Rat Races.
Be patient and search on the forums and classiffied listings each and every day and you'll get what ever you want.....

1 week later
#23 8 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Don't give up, be patient, I've owned 1 Orbitor1, 1 Euromat, 2 Rat Races, 4 Jousts, 2 Alvin G. USA Footballs, 1 Soccerball, 1 Viza War, 3 Banzai Runs and over the years passed on buying 3 Varkons, 1 Gottlieb Go'in Nuts and 2 other Rat Races.
Be patient and search on the forums and classiffied listings each and every day and you'll get what ever you want.....

Oh I'm not giving up, lol. Still looking for the Kong!!

Never+gonna+give+you+up+never+gonna+let+you+down_cbe5f2_5073987.pngNever+gonna+give+you+up+never+gonna+let+you+down_cbe5f2_5073987.png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wtb-de-king-kong-i-know-youre-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.