Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc_power_tap.jpg
wpc-95_power_headers.jpg
wpc-89_power_headers.jpg
IMG_0570 (resized).JPG
IMG_0571 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Picked up a Used DMD LED at PATZ which is missing the power wiring. Can someone provide me with how it is wired for a WPC game so can make my own. A pic would be great too.
Thx

#2 1 year ago

I dont think they used LED DMDs back in Congo times. You sure it's not a plasma?

#3 1 year ago

This is an LED DMD I picked up at PATZ show last weekend and is missing the 5v pwr cable. I can make one if I know what is taps into for the 2 5v and 2 grd pwr connection on any WPC game.

#4 1 year ago

Is your display model Vishay LEE-128G032B?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I dont think they used LED DMDs back in Congo times. You sure it's not a plasma?

yeah, i don't think they used led. I have a stern playboy that also used the old plasma and they hacked in an led/red one.....

#6 1 year ago

Yup LEE-128G032B with a hand written -1 at the end

#7 1 year ago

For anybody else reading, this is how you find out this information for yourself.

1. Find the manufacturer (Vishay) and product (LEE-128G032B-1) that you are interested in.
  2. Do a general web search (your search engine of choice) or manufacturer site search (https://www.vishay.com) for the product.
  3. Enter the product into the search field.
  4. Look at the results.
  5. Find the datasheet and download it.
  6. Look through the datasheet for the information that you need.

In this case, you will find that LEE-128G032B-1 is entry #2 in the results. Go to the "Datasheet" column and click. This will download (https://www.vishay.com/docs/37088/lee128g032b.pdf) the PDF datasheet. Use the results and optionally share the results back to your thread for the benefit of everybody else.

If you still can't figure out then post back and I will use my magic PDF search engine and find the information for you.

#8 1 year ago

Did check their site and data sheet. Am wanting to know what connection on the Congo to connect/tap into for the 5v and grd:
Thx

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from cartert:

Did check their site and data sheet. Am wanting to know what connection on the Congo to connect/tap into for the 5v and grd:
Thx

See if the original dmd power harness had it by checking the schematics, otherwise being a wpc you may want to use a added psu so you don’t overwhelm the power supply that seems to be finicky with adding on things

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from cartert:

This is an LED DMD I picked up at PATZ show last weekend and is missing the 5v pwr cable. I can make one if I know what is taps into for the 2 5v and 2 grd pwr connection on any WPC game.

Quoted from cartert:

Thx

The WPC-95 (not WPC) schematics have this info and there should be pinouts listed in the manual on the power driver board on where to get GND and +5v. However, like northvibe said - be real careful of you'll overload your 5v supply and get reboots. Recommend just getting an external power supply.

#11 1 year ago

Can easily find a tap via schematics or add additional per supply. I was hoping someone had used one of these before and could show how it was intended to be connected.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from cartert:

Can easily find a tap via schematics or add additional per supply. I was hoping someone had used one of these before and could show how it was intended to be connected.

Congo was not made to support one of these, as these were made long after Congo was released. So, it has to be retro-fitted.

#13 1 year ago

Is this what you're looking for? If so, pm me.

Tom

IMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPG
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Tom
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is what I should make for the stern playboy, they just wire nut spliced into the harness…. Ugh. That looks good.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Tom
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup thats it. Where does it pull the 5V's and grd's ?

#16 1 year ago

You can take +5V/GND from two groups of headers in WPC-89 and WPC-95.

wpc-89_power_headers.jpgwpc-89_power_headers.jpgwpc-95_power_headers.jpgwpc-95_power_headers.jpg

Pick a header. There is a 7-pin header and a 4-pin header.

You can build a pass through header/connector or there is also this.

wpc_power_tap.jpgwpc_power_tap.jpg

#17 1 year ago

Perfect, thx everyone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vishay-dmd-led-display-missing-pwr-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.