(Topic ID: 224353)

Virtual Reality Club (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PSVR, etc)

By Deaconblooze

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flight-simulator_1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20221023_154048 (resized).jpg
20221023_152040 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220401-095855_Photos (resized).jpg
677d1959-889c-4bd4-9eb4-30d00f3b8d18 (resized).png
5afb085a-643d-4963-b043-ede965309cdf (resized).png
657F1807-8AC5-4995-9F60-51ACF30C9381 (resized).jpeg
707D3BEA-6FC7-40A7-B841-541C77A54237 (resized).jpeg
F2B741EA-8A21-4E22-9276-7EE6094F8744 (resized).jpeg
star-wars-pinball-vr-collectibles-01-3974 (1) (resized).jpg
132051754_10164669113005506_212272834637562372_o (resized).jpg
20201003_132524 (resized).jpg
4B2DADC5-AF88-4294-B854-5739EF55BF3E (resized).jpeg
752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
wireless-hero-m (resized).png
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 3 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Should be plenty of solid deals on the Q2 at this point!
For those wanting to test out full games.. look into rookiesideloader.

I haven't plugged mine in in probably over a year. For a while, that's all I played lol.

#302 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't plugged mine in in probably over a year. For a while, that's all I played lol.

My buddies 3 all have one I’ll be 4 shortly. It’s cool you can set a time/day and play golf and slash zombies.

#303 3 months ago

I have a hard time Wondering why the wedding is over within a year ..the fitness ones are good for me alone as I enter my elder years.

#304 3 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I have a hard time Wondering why the wedding is over within a year ..the fitness ones are good for me alone as I enter my elder years.

If you have a PC you can get a lot of use out of it, especially if you're into sim stuff. A lot of the standalone stuff feels tech-demoey, or unfinished/shallow versions of flat screen games. There's good stuff, but unfortunately not a ton.

My buddies have motion issues, which really hindered a lot of the stuff we could play. And there's a good chunk I'm just not interested in playing without friends.

It's really cool tech. I still use it, but not as often as I did. I'm really waiting to see an influx of some new stuff. Even basic things would be great. One of the biggest social uses for me now is bigscreen to watch sports with friends.

#305 3 months ago

My neighbour claims he has one and let a nephew borrow it a year ago. I said get it back i want to try it. He said ok.
My neighbour is eclectic. I hope this works out.

#306 3 months ago

Why pay for it when I can care for it forever.

#307 3 months ago

If you have a PC you can get a lot of use out of it, especially if you're into sim stuff. A lot of the standalone stuff feels tech-demoey, or unfinished/shallow versions of flat screen games. There's good stuff, but unfortunately not a ton.
My buddies have motion issues, which really hindered a lot of the stuff we could play. And there's a good chunk I'm just not interested in playing without friends.
It's really cool tech. I still use it, but not as often as I did. I'm really waiting to see an influx of some new stuff. Even basic things would be great. One of the biggest social uses for me now is bigscreen to watch sports with friends.

Resident evil looks amazing. I think the first game I will try

#308 3 months ago

Have you guys tried out the UEVR mod yet? A ton of games are supported. I tried the newer Pinball FX and its pretty cool. I still haven't got around to setting up VR on my VPin so this was an easier step. Fire up the game from steam, make sure oculus is running with steam vr. Then open UEVR and inject. Boom, fully 3d pinball right in front of you. Played with an xbox controller.

That is about the only use I have had for my quest in quite some time. I have bought a bunch of PC games to use with it, just never get around to actually playing them.

#309 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Have you guys tried out the UEVR mod yet? A ton of games are supported. I tried the newer Pinball FX and its pretty cool. I still haven't got around to setting up VR on my VPin so this was an easier step. Fire up the game from steam, make sure oculus is running with steam vr. Then open UEVR and inject. Boom, fully 3d pinball right in front of you. Played with an xbox controller.
That is about the only use I have had for my quest in quite some time. I have bought a bunch of PC games to use with it, just never get around to actually playing them.

I read a bit about it, but didn't event think about pinball fx. Thanks for the idea, gonna give it a go.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Resident evil looks amazing. I think the first game I will try

I played the flatscreen on the GameCube way back. It's a great game, and the VR adaptation is supposed to be really good. Too much stress for me, personally. If you like horror you'll probably find lots to play in VR

#310 3 months ago

I read a bit about it, but didn't event think about pinball fx. Thanks for the idea, gonna give it a go.

I played the flatscreen on the GameCube way back. It's a great game, and the VR adaptation is supposed to be really good. Too much stress for me, personally. If you like horror you'll probably find lots to play in VR

It only works on the new pinball fx not the "old" pinball fx2 or 3 unfortunately as those aren't unreal engine. I don't know why they went backwards on the naming, but it is what it is. Just wanted to mention in case you were gonna be buying anything.

#311 3 months ago

Ghosts of Tabor has me looking at a Quest headset. Have a few friends who are absolutely addicted to that game.

RE7 might be my favourite VR game if all time, Village was ok too but oddly preferred playing it flat.

#312 3 months ago

haven't touched VR in over a year. One title I'm excited to try (supposed to come out soon) is Subliminal. Think back rooms (liminal spaces). If you haven't watched any footage, it's some creepy stuff. Liminal spaces are the paths between living spaces. Always feels just a little creepy (especially alone).
Game:

Backrooms:

Liminal space horror renderings:

#313 3 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

haven't touched VR in over a year. One title I'm excited to try (supposed to come out soon) is Subliminal. Think back rooms (liminal spaces). If you haven't watched any footage, it's some creepy stuff. Liminal spaces are the paths between living spaces. Always feels just a little creepy (especially alone).
Game:
Backrooms:
Liminal space horror renderings:

Horror is probably the best application for VR but I'm gonna Nope on that shit. Lol

#314 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

same. was obsessed for a few months, then haven't even turned it on in over a year. i think a lot of people who get into VR go from the honeymoon period straight to a trial separation. headset comfort, ease-of-use, and visual quality just isn't there yet.

that said, the first pin that interfaces with AR glasses would be an insta-buy for me.

#315 3 months ago
Quoted from woodpost:

same. was obsessed for a few months, then haven't even turned it on in over a year. i think a lot of people who get into VR go from the honeymoon period straight to a trial separation. headset comfort, ease-of-use, and visual quality just isn't there yet.
that said, the first pin that interfaces with AR glasses would be an insta-buy for me.

Isolation is probably the biggest reason VR doesn't have lasting power. Video games are easy to interrupt (pause). Pausing VR isn't that easy. Haven't kept up, but I think the newer systems are implementing more augmented reality (or at least making it easier to jump between the VR world and the real world). Case in point, this dude ordered starbucks while wearing a VR headset

#316 3 months ago

My neighbour is a drunk bastard and no dice to borrow his quest 2. Will have to move to plan b. Buy it at a ridiculous cheap price.

#317 3 months ago

Haven't used my pcvr since psvr2. Wow the Praydog Injector is pretty damn awesome. Had a lot of fun for the last few days just trying whatever.

#318 3 months ago
Quoted from woodpost:

I'm currently obsessed with vpx pinball VR.

All the other experiences and games I've completely tired of and have zero interest in. VR has to progress to a holodeck like experience probably before it will ever get mass appeal.

#319 3 months ago

I use my PSVR2 often. Mainly Gran Turismo 7 and lately Resident Evil 4. Got the kids a Quest 3 for Christmas, they use it a lot. Im going to use it for iRacing.

#320 3 months ago

Interested in the NFL football..is It half decent?

#321 3 months ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I use my PSVR2 often. Mainly Gran Turismo 7 and lately Resident Evil 4. Got the kids a Quest 3 for Christmas, they use it a lot. Im going to use it for iRacing.

Good call, I’ll be sure to get the best racing games ,monster trucks would be a cool VR game.

#322 3 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Interested in the NFL football..is It half decent?

Oh my... wasn't even aware that one was out there... just watched a review.... might have to check that one out!

#323 3 months ago

Hopefully by the weekend I’ll have one. Excited!

1 week later
#325 87 days ago

I hadn't played my quest 2 in about a year but I heard about the 7th Guest VR. If you remember the original and liked it, it's definitely worth playing.

#326 87 days ago

Looks pretty disappointing. I'm glad they're in the market, but the full-time wearable angle they took looks like a big miss. I don't see anything to suggest there's really any sort of gaming influence so far, which is my only interest in the space.

At this point we're saturated with viable and affordable hardware, we need software. I'm still astonished that some really basic and practical use cases have little to no representation.

#327 87 days ago

Dupe

3 weeks later
#328 62 days ago

I picked up a Q3. It's pretty clear to me that Oculus is winning the hardware war at this point, at least in terms of games and versatility. My main driver was a desire to return to sim racing. I configured my rig to accept 4 corner transducers over the winter. After finally completing that I was just bothered by the the Q2 resolution. The increased resolution has been worth the upgrade, and I notice things are a lot snappier/clearer in general in standalone.

4 weeks later
#329 32 days ago

Still really blown away with the Q3, especially how much I'm using it. I didn't really expect to see a huge increase in (PCVR) use, but this and the steam deck (casual couch gaming) are where my time has gone.

As expected, getting some of the games/mods setup is still a bit of a pain. I've been playing a lot, here are some of my highlights:

- Skyrim VR - My biggest issue here is that I left off pretty deep in the game. The problem is that my mod list became relatively unstable last I played (but not gamebreaking). Since my last play there's been quite a few changes to some things. My advice is to just go the Wabbajack FUS route if you want to get into this one, and don't start tinkering. That came about as the mainstream option after I started my game, but I wish I would have started over sooner.

- iRacing - I got my bass transducers setup on all 4 corners and tuned up. I have my wheel (OSW) pretty well setup. I resubbed to the service. I ran a few laps. It's fantastic. There's some blurriness on the horizon that's bugging me, which has set me into some tinkering sessions. The actual racing has been fun, but challenging. I was targeting the Porsche Cup, and turned a few laps. That seems pretty manageable, but it would take a bit to be able to run a full race without incident. I might divert into something with shorter sessions, or even Oval while I get settled in. I've also considered just dropping the service for now and trying something like Assetto Corsa to just get some consistency down.

- American Truck Sim - I got this on a deep sale a long time ago. It's probably not for everyone, but it's a lot of fun with the rig and VR combo. I made a few visual/control tweaks, but spent a few hours last night just hauling loads and listening to the built-in real radio stations (even turning the dial with my button box). I actually looked forward to getting back into the rig tonight to run some more, but I got distracted with the next one..

- Portal 2 - This is a relatively new mod. People have been talking about this for years, but all agreed that it would be a barf simulator. Turns out that's not at all the case. Granted, I have some pretty sturdy VR legs, but I was able to get this mod up and running within a few minutes, and spent the next 3+ hours picking up my mid-late stage save file from years ago. I'm going to finish this out in VR for sure. I got to the final chapter, and I'll probably give it another at some point. The game looked fantastic, and played flawlessly for me. I think this is one of those top-end "wow" VR experiences for me.

- Half-Life 2 VR - This is another mod, but this one I believe is getting a dedicated release. I only gave this a quick check but it looked great, and seems like it would control well.

- Star Wars Squadrons - definitely in that top tier of VR experiences for me (with the HOTAS). The trouble is the menus suck and multiplayer is pretty dead. It's actually infuriating because if my peripherals get mucked up, I literally can't navigate menus. It becomes this really specific dance where I have to d/c them all, get to where I need to be, and then slot them into the right in-game equivalent. It's way more difficult than it sounds. I don't know what I did to knock it out of my preferred setting, but this isn't the first time.

I jumped between some other familiar favorites, Thrill of the Fight, Demeo, Beat Saber, Superhot.

I tried to get back into Outer Wilds, but I'm having issues getting the VR to trigger. That's one I'll need to troubleshoot. Probably the next one after I complete Portal 2.

I tried UEVR, specifically Pinball FX. I got it to load and then it crashed upon a button press. I've seen some others experience the issue and sounds like there's a new version I may need to grab. There wasn't a lot else that grabbed my attention.

I'm kicking around getting into No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous. The latter I played a bit in VR and had some fun. It was daunting, and I had more time then. My biggest barrier back then with the original Rift was that the text fatigued my eyes. I don't think that would be an issue anymore. I have a solid dual Gladiator NXT setup, so running something with HOSAS/HOTAS is on my radar.

I actually have a bit of a backlog at this point, with other story games like Firewatch, Jedi Academy, HL Alyx and Asgard's Wrath 2. My hope is that these things keep me busy until we see some more advancements in software.

#330 32 days ago

I have a Q3 as well that I bought for my kids. I too want to get back into iRacing. Been lazy on setting it up. I also use psvr2 with GT7 and the ease of setup has kept me playing it.

#331 31 days ago

Still really blown away with the Q3, especially how much I'm using it. I didn't really expect to see a huge increase in (PCVR) use, but this and the steam deck (casual couch gaming) are where my time has gone.
As expected, getting some of the games/mods setup is still a bit of a pain. I've been playing a lot, here are some of my highlights:
- Skyrim VR - My biggest issue here is that I left off pretty deep in the game. The problem is that my mod list became relatively unstable last I played (but not gamebreaking). Since my last play there's been quite a few changes to some things. My advice is to just go the Wabbajack FUS route if you want to get into this one, and don't start tinkering. That came about as the mainstream option after I started my game, but I wish I would have started over sooner.
- iRacing - I got my bass transducers setup on all 4 corners and tuned up. I have my wheel (OSW) pretty well setup. I resubbed to the service. I ran a few laps. It's fantastic. There's some blurriness on the horizon that's bugging me, which has set me into some tinkering sessions. The actual racing has been fun, but challenging. I was targeting the Porsche Cup, and turned a few laps. That seems pretty manageable, but it would take a bit to be able to run a full race without incident. I might divert into something with shorter sessions, or even Oval while I get settled in. I've also considered just dropping the service for now and trying something like Assetto Corsa to just get some consistency down.
- American Truck Sim - I got this on a deep sale a long time ago. It's probably not for everyone, but it's a lot of fun with the rig and VR combo. I made a few visual/control tweaks, but spent a few hours last night just hauling loads and listening to the built-in real radio stations (even turning the dial with my button box). I actually looked forward to getting back into the rig tonight to run some more, but I got distracted with the next one..
- Portal 2 - This is a relatively new mod. People have been talking about this for years, but all agreed that it would be a barf simulator. Turns out that's not at all the case. Granted, I have some pretty sturdy VR legs, but I was able to get this mod up and running within a few minutes, and spent the next 3+ hours picking up my mid-late stage save file from years ago. I'm going to finish this out in VR for sure. I got to the final chapter, and I'll probably give it another at some point. The game looked fantastic, and played flawlessly for me. I think this is one of those top-end "wow" VR experiences for me.
- Half-Life 2 VR - This is another mod, but this one I believe is getting a dedicated release. I only gave this a quick check but it looked great, and seems like it would control well.
- Star Wars Squadrons - definitely in that top tier of VR experiences for me (with the HOTAS). The trouble is the menus suck and multiplayer is pretty dead. It's actually infuriating because if my peripherals get mucked up, I literally can't navigate menus. It becomes this really specific dance where I have to d/c them all, get to where I need to be, and then slot them into the right in-game equivalent. It's way more difficult than it sounds. I don't know what I did to knock it out of my preferred setting, but this isn't the first time.
I jumped between some other familiar favorites, Thrill of the Fight, Demeo, Beat Saber, Superhot.
I tried to get back into Outer Wilds, but I'm having issues getting the VR to trigger. That's one I'll need to troubleshoot. Probably the next one after I complete Portal 2.
I tried UEVR, specifically Pinball FX. I got it to load and then it crashed upon a button press. I've seen some others experience the issue and sounds like there's a new version I may need to grab. There wasn't a lot else that grabbed my attention.
I'm kicking around getting into No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous. The latter I played a bit in VR and had some fun. It was daunting, and I had more time then. My biggest barrier back then with the original Rift was that the text fatigued my eyes. I don't think that would be an issue anymore. I have a solid dual Gladiator NXT setup, so running something with HOSAS/HOTAS is on my radar.
I actually have a bit of a backlog at this point, with other story games like Firewatch, Jedi Academy, HL Alyx and Asgard's Wrath 2. My hope is that these things keep me busy until we see some more advancements in software.

If I recall, pinball fx crashes if something is pressed on the motion controls but works if you use the xbox controller. I had the same issue, but I believe putting the motion controllers down fixed the issue. Quest 3 with a 4090 is very pretty indeed, has revived my VR interest.

#332 31 days ago

I played through some of Half-Life 2 VR. Its a great mod, and super fun to revisit this old game. Unfortunately, while the "jump" option works, much of the game is driving and it jumps as the vehicle drives but its super tough in the airboat and trying to hit the antlions. I finally gave up on it.

If anyone is looking for a non-nausea game with some thinking, you might give "The Room VR" a try. It has just a few jump spots in each room as you try to solve the puzzles. its kind of an escape-room game.

#333 29 days ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

If I recall, pinball fx crashes if something is pressed on the motion controls but works if you use the xbox controller. I had the same issue, but I believe putting the motion controllers down fixed the issue. Quest 3 with a 4090 is very pretty indeed, has revived my VR interest.

Ooo thanks, that's an easy fix

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/virtual-reality-club-oculus-rift-htc-vive-etc/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.