Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240501_200240.jpg
    IMG_3528 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3500 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6794 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240430_221011994.NIGHT (resized).jpg
    IMG_9181 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Uxtugruzutz674w-VFW (resized).jpg
    20240401_220341.jpg
    20240401_225602.jpg
    20240401_214831.jpg
    2024_vfw_poster_8x11_v2small (resized).jpg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2024 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Tie Dye Shirts 2024 Overall (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 13 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Clay can me and Violent Steve pitch a tent for Fri and Sat?

What has freedom become when you have to ask permission to get a hard on whole drinking with another dude in a parking lot in a rural area.

#52 13 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Clay can me and Violent Steve pitch a tent for Fri and Sat?

Is it wrong for two men to pitch a tent.....I think not?

Brokeback Mountain right in Ann Arbor Michigan.

Gryszzz will wear his boots and Violent Steve will wear the hat. Maybe some silhouette lighting to set the mood?

#53 13 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

One of the VFW Show office girls is busy sorting out the worker schedules attendance lists....
    [quoted image]

For some reason I now have a hankering for some thighs for lunch from Popeyes.

#54 13 days ago

I'll bring the super 8 camera, Gryszzz and Steve will bring the 70s bush.

Nostalgia!

#55 13 days ago

My 20 year wedding anniversary is the 5th. I instantly regret ever getting married.

#56 13 days ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I'll bring the super 8 camera, Gryszzz and Steve will bring the 70s bush.
    Nostalgia!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #57 12 days ago

I don't think there's any doubt about me being top tent pitcher.
    God amongst men.

#58 9 days ago

I'm bumping this up, as now that Pinball At The Zoo is wrapped up, I'm focused on the Ann Arbor VFW Pinball Show, and not just because I'm working there all 3 days. It's nice to open the facility to pinheads and the public and see everyone having a great time playing more than 500 games. If you like playing pinball, this is the place to be.

#59 6 days ago

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2024/04/it-was-meant-to-be-pinball-petes-will-live-on-at-new-ann-arbor-location.html

Good news for those who also like to make a stop at Pinball Pete's on the pilgrimage to VFW.

#60 6 days ago

we have two jaws (premium and pro) for the show. and a weird al. maybe an elton john too.

#61 6 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

we have two jaws (premium and pro) for the show. and a weird al. maybe an elton john too.

Let's go!

#62 5 days ago

Just wondering if anyone will be out at Marvin's next Friday evening.

I remember last year there was a league night when I come down.

#64 5 days ago

Can't wait......to heck with Jaws, EJ,....let me at those Zaccurris.

#65 5 days ago

Yup. Jaws and EJ are bait so we can can play Zaccaria Clown undisturbed.

#66 5 days ago

Mexico '86 is top Zac!

#67 5 days ago

I like the one with all the weird pool ball targets and some kind of flipper diverter. But nothing beats smacking that clown.

#68 5 days ago

friday night at the VFW is the vip party.

#69 5 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Mexico '86 is top Zac!

I kicked that machine's behind 2 years ago!

#70 5 days ago

The parking lot tailgating will be in full force(Lunchtime and after we get our fill of pinball). We will have the Maker's Mark red umbrella up and serving, well, Maker's Mark to wayward souls that will need a pick me up! If the umbrella is up, the bar is open!

Come say hello, brink a Coke or a Faygo(this is as close to Detroit as you get) and we will spice it up!

Jack & Heather

#71 2 days ago

I'm on afternoons this week.
    I don't expect to arrive until near lunch.
    Otherwise,
    Looking forward to playing all my wish list pins.
    Will be sporting one of my previous year club shirts.

#72 2 days ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Come say hello, brink a Coke or a Faygo(this is as close to Detroit as you get) and we will spice it up!
    Jack & Heather

Good deal, although pouring Makers Mark into Coke seems like a waste of good booze. Sorta like pouring Grey Goose into lemonade. Maybe some middle shelf booze to stiffen up the Coke? BTW: Weather report is partly cloudy with a good change of rum!

#73 2 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't think there's any doubt about me being top tent pitcher.
    God amongst men.

Yours would be considered a pup tent. Plenty of room for you two, tho.
    It's springtime, and romance is in the air. Scooch over

#74 2 days ago

The closest exit off US-23 to VFW is Exit 55, Silver Lake Road.
    Be aware that whole interchange is under construction and all the ramps are closed. You cannot get on or off US-23 in either direction, and you can't get from one side of 23 to the other.

You will want to get off US-23 at either Exit 54, Nine Mile Road/State Road 36 just to the south, or at Exit 58, Lee Road to the north. Either way, Whitmore Lake Road runs parallel to the west side of US-23 essentially as a frontage road along that whole stretch.

See you all Saturday!

#75 2 days ago

Wife and I are driving up again along with some friends, gonna do the whole weekend this year. I've been trying to downsize my whiskey collection, so you might want to look me up for a pour of something nice.
    Really glad to see others excited about those Zac's. It's worth the trip to me to play Zankor.

Also, if anyone happens to have a fresh piece of wide body glass they wanna sell, shout.

#76 2 days ago

I love burbon whiskey sours.

#77 2 days ago

I have an indy 500 to pickup in the murder mitten...thought I'd piggyback this on that...not going to happen. FML

#78 40 hours ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Good deal, although pouring Makers Mark into Coke seems like a waste of good booze. Sorta like pouring Grey Goose into lemonade. Maybe some middle shelf booze to stiffen up the Coke? BTW: Weather report is partly cloudy with a good change of rum!

Actually Makers, Coke and a twist of lime is excellent. I also prefer Kettle One over Grey Goose.

So it was mentioned that the snack shack will be serving coffee and latte's this year. I am going to assume these will be made from the coffee roasted
    by cfh wife? Either way, I have a local brewery/distillery that make liquor cremes. This place is the former brewmaster of the Not Your Father's Rootbeers and other good stuff. (He made a deal with Pabst brewery and got screwed, long story). Anyway, I do a lot taste testing for him on pre production product, there is a panel of a few of us and the newest creation is Strawberry Moo. As it sounds, it is a creme based strawberry liquor and I was sent home with a 64 oz growler of this stuff last Saturday! In a latte? Woo hoo and OMG! I will have a 750ml bottle of this on ice for coffee enjoyment!

#79 40 hours ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have an indy 500 to pickup in the murder mitten...thought I'd piggyback this on that...not going to happen. FML

Can it be gotten to the show on Saturday? I can bring it back to Crystal Lake anyway.

#80 40 hours ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Wife and I are driving up again along with some friends, gonna do the whole weekend this year. I've been trying to downsize my whiskey collection, so you might want to look me up for a pour of something nice.
    Really glad to see others excited about those Zac's. It's worth the trip to me to play Zankor.
    Also, if anyone happens to have a fresh piece of wide body glass they wanna sell, shout.

Let meet up in the lot and park next to each other. I have my Maker's Mark Umbrella and plenty of booze too!

#81 38 hours ago

Unfortunately not the guy can't move it on his own, I have to actually go to his basement and put the lotion on my skin

Quoted from vdojaq:Can it be gotten to the show on Saturday? I can bring it back to Crystal Lake anyway.

#82 37 hours ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Unfortunately not the guy can't move it on his own, I have to actually go to his basement and put the lotion on my skin

LMAO

Just give me his info, I will buy it out from under you.

Honesty...right?

#83 33 hours ago

I’m bummed I won’t be able to hang out with my buddy this show. I’ll have to give him a hug at the fall show

IMG_9181 (resized).jpegIMG_9181 (resized).jpeg
    #84 31 hours ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

I’m bummed I won’t be able to hang out with my buddy this show. I’ll have to give him a hug at the fall show
    [quoted image]

You will be missed.

#85 31 hours ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

Maybe we will go next year cow lynn

#86 30 hours ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

TheLaw will give him a BIG hug 4U.

#87 30 hours ago

Against my better judgement, I'm heading that way in the morning to be lectured on how I'm not adjusting relay, and score reel contacts correctly. Also, how I incorrectly put Williams Solid State machines in test and accounting modes.

And I dare not replace a Flipper rubber that isn't fully broken off.

#88 28 hours ago

Warming myself up for that classic stern row....

PXL_20240430_221011994.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20240430_221011994.NIGHT (resized).jpg
    #89 12 hours ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

And I dare not replace a Flipper rubber that isn't fully broken off.

WTF bro just rotate it!!!

#90 12 hours ago

I feel like dollar games should be a thing.

#91 12 hours ago

Reminder to self: Head to bank for $1 stacks.

#92 12 hours ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

I feel like dollar games should be a thing.

Don't tease me like that three days before Saturday.

#93 11 hours ago

Nissan loaded and ready to roll. Road trip to VFW starts now.

IMG_6794 (resized).jpegIMG_6794 (resized).jpeg
    #94 11 hours ago

someone asked about merch.
    in addition to echovictor's t-shirts, 2 of us club members are going to try something different with some 3D printed pinball logo LED'd light boxes that illuminate via a usb type-A connector.

we will have a total of 40 to sell
    bally (10)
    gottlieb (4) (not shown)
    stern (10)
    spooky (6) [featuring glow-in-the-dark letters]
    williams (10)

ps
    we made the trophies for the saturday and sunday tournaments, but I'll let clay show those off (if he wants to reveal them early)

IMG_3559 (resized).jpegIMG_3559 (resized).jpegIMG_3563 (resized).jpegIMG_3563 (resized).jpegIMG_3528 (resized).jpegIMG_3528 (resized).jpegIMG_3500 (resized).jpegIMG_3500 (resized).jpeg

#95 11 hours ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

bally (10)
    gottlieb (4) (not shown)
    stern (10)
    spooky (6; featuring glow-in-the-dark letters)
    williams (10)

I saw these at PATZ and was impressed. They look really good!

#96 9 hours ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

someone asked about merch.
    in addition to echovictor's t-shirts, 2 of us club members are going to try something different with some 3D printed pinball logo LED'd light boxes that illuminate via a usb type-A connector.
    bally (10)
    gottlieb (4) (not shown)
    stern (10)
    spooky (6) [featuring glow-in-the-dark letters]
    williams (10)

ps
    we made the trophies for the saturday and sunday tournaments, but I'll let clay show those off (if he wants to reveal them early)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look great!

What kind of pricing? What dimensions are they? Are they hangable or countertop only?

#97 7 hours ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Reminder to self: Head to bank for $1 stacks.

Better yet, $2 bills. Nothing says pin boi like a $2 bill.

#98 7 hours ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Better yet, $2 bills. Nothing says pin boi like a $2 bill.

Bruh rhats hard core I've been saving those thongs for 30+ years.
    I usually ber my Eisenhowers....youbcsn here me coming down the isle.

#99 6 hours ago

What a one or two dollar bill??

#100 5 hours ago
    Quoted from guard:

What a one or two dollar bill??

It's an American pinhead method for establishing manhood.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-2024-pinball-show-largest-in-the-world/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.