(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

8 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,471 posts
  • 284 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 89 votes
    50%
  • Premium 59 votes
    33%
  • Pro 31 votes
    17%

(179 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

VenomMech (resized).png
IMG_2953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5168 (resized).JPG
73E5B135-6089-455F-A913-6479061D72B8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8817 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8818 (resized).jpeg
Venom (resized).jpg
IMG_1949 (resized).jpeg
venom (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6028 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6642 (resized).jpeg
20240412_214255 (resized).jpg
20240412_214425 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 70.
#3151 30 days ago

Few bugs/things missed in 1.0 still. Dwight spotted the 7x for hybrid in the interface still when it now does +2x.

#3152 30 days ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Happy that the pops now really have a purpose, that’s a nice little addition. Although with how terrible I am at hitting the orbits on this game I’m gonna need to do some getting good now.
Admittedly I was probably hoping for a little more wow with 1.0. But honestly if they had put million pops in the last update and saved doppelgänger MB for 1.0 I’d probably perceive things differently just since that’s one of those “oh cool!” moments.
Still holding out hope for a little more light show after defeating Grendel and Knull. Have the lighting trickle down the playfield or something as they fall after defeat. Make those moments MOMENTS! If you can’t tell I’m big on pinball moments.

Good point, the doppelgänger MB is so cool with the ball lock, I never thought anything about that so it was like magic how the moving ramp is also a ball lock. I’m not sure if the points are that big to actually go for that MB But it’s cool nonetheless. More diversity is good.

Hats off to Dwight, Brian, ZY and the whole team. Venom is a somewhat misunderstood and underrated game but I think it’s great.

#3153 30 days ago

The addition of the million plus pops mode is really cool since it adds some more interest to Flash Thompson, outside of the battles and to the pops themselves, which was somewhat lacking.

There's more to come and I still think that a new host will be added at some point, perhaps with the topper, which, with no doubt, will come with a dedicated mode.

The game has actually 1888/2000 XP points on Insider Connected, so it's currently also missing about 8 achievements.

I think that the entire package in an excellent job from the software development team (thanks for them!) and Dwight generally ears and pick some suggestions from players/pinsiders after the release of the 1.00 for his games, which primilary contains the initial roadmap and the internal feature set. So, Venom will undoubtedly confirms this rule.

@Xaqery, will you release an updated rulesheet pdf alongside of the release of th 1.00 game code?

#3154 30 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Good point, the doppelgänger MB is so cool with the ball lock, I never thought anything about that so it was like magic how the moving ramp is also a ball lock. I’m not sure if the points are that big to actually go for that MB But it’s cool nonetheless. More diversity is good.
Hats off to Dwight, Brian, ZY and the whole team. Venom is a somewhat misunderstood and underrated game but I think it’s great.

Still haven't done that mode yet, and I play Gwen alot. You just keep doing dopple ganger till it starts yeah? Assume after rampage.

#3155 30 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Still haven't done that mode yet, and I play Gwen alot. You just keep doing dopple ganger till it starts yeah? Assume after rampage.

Actually no, with Gwen you shoot argo lab shot repeatedly. After like 8 you’ll trigger the MB to start.

#3156 30 days ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Actually no, with Gwen you shoot argo lab shot repeatedly. After like 8 you’ll trigger the MB to start.

It’s 8 shots on default but you can lower it to 5 or 6 shots. It’s kind of out of the way that you actually need to focus on starting it so that’s good but it might take away from the general flow of a game where you mostly go for mini modes so I like to lower it down as much as possible so it’s not too much wood choppy

#3157 30 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

No you just have to hit Gwen's loop shot 8 times - the ball gets stopped by the up post and it will count down the shots, just like the million pops mode. Once you've hit enough, the next shot to the stop post will capture the ball and the moving ramp will drop it underneath the playfield, activating the middle ramp. Then a shot to the moving ramp will pop the ball back up and start the multiball - its actually really something.

#3158 30 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

No you just have to hit Gwen's loop shot 8 times - the ball gets stopped by the up post and it will count down the shots, just like the million pops mode. Once you've hit enough, the next shot to the stop post will capture the ball and the moving ramp will drop it underneath the playfield, activating the middle ramp. Then a shot to the moving ramp will pop the ball back up and start the multiball - its actually really something.

It’s amazing when you see the ball capture by the moving ramp. Some games like my game wasn’t sorted out from the factory so the ball was allowed to drop into the cabinet that’s also something to experience, but I fixed it with some foam tape to make the shield / blocker a bit more blockier.

#3159 30 days ago

When I look at any game I like to pick out fun features that make the game stand out to me.

On SW premium the hyper loop for sure and the Death Star.

On Venom, I love Carnage captive ball slider, the moving ramp (especially with the captive ball trick) the swinging doppelgänger target, the quick locks are great and last but not least the saved progress and unlocking characters are so innovative.

#3160 30 days ago

Think I've seen it posted before but couldn't find it.

Past few days if I'm hitting the ball stop portion of the moving scoop ramp, ball tends to either get capture on the left side of the post, captured inbetween the post and the left wall, or ricochet out before the post comes up. When it use to get captured on the right side of the post.

#3161 30 days ago

Looking back at the earlier code updates I did not see the quick multiball, but it's only for the prem and le........really? I guess I'm a poor pro member who doesnt get that...what other newer stern games have extra MULTIBALL modes for prem/le vs pro? Only 1 that comes to mind is black knight

#3162 30 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Looking back at the earlier code updates I did not see the quick multiball, but it's only for the prem and le........really? I guess I'm a poor pro member who doesnt get that...what other newer stern games have extra MULTIBALL modes for prem/le vs pro? Only 1 that comes to mind is black knight

Quoted from SMP14:

Did foo not have one?

#3163 30 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

The multiball one makes sense, since it's a captive ball using a prem/le mech.

Now the million pops doesn't. like the bell tower target on the pro should make sense to qualify it but they didn't do that. Since the hulk/flash ball stop is a extension of the bell tower. But Dwight knows more than I do so I'm sure there's a reason for prem le only

#3164 30 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Did foo not have one?

It could be with the new code I am not sure. But If you are referring to the area 51, you just need to hit X right ramp shots to start that mulitball on the pro. Could of done the same thing on the pro for venom somehow. Lock ball in the hole in the back after X amount of right/left loops, then hit dopple shot and it starts idk.

Another example is bridge attack in godzilla. The bridge moves on the prem/le but doesnt get rid of that mball entirley on the pro...im sure they could of though!
I fear the gap of extra code features/multiball for the prem/le vs pro will/could be getting much wider in the future

#3165 30 days ago
Quoted from SMP14:

It could be with the new code I am not sure. But If you are referring to the area 51, you just need to hit X right ramp shots to start that mulitball on the pro. Could of done the same thing on the pro for venom somehow. Lock ball in the hole in the back after X amount of right/left loops, then hit dopple shot and it starts idk.
Another example is bridge attack in godzilla. The bridge moves on the prem/le but doesnt get rid of that mball entirley on the pro...im sure they could of though!
I fear the gap of extra code features/multiball for the prem/le vs pro will/could be getting much wider in the future

Oh it will, especially since there is a argument to get rid of pros. Aswell as since people have the idea that pros are for location and you in theory would have shorter ball times on location.

#3166 30 days ago

Other premium-exclusive multiballs: Led Zeppelin's electric magic, Game of Thrones on its upper playfield, Munsters on the lower playfield, Iron Maiden's Can I Play With Madness (and that one doesn't depend on any premium hardware.)

Quoted from Nicoli125:

Only thing that irks me is that now that Grendel is level 30 the text on the playfield is wrong

No, this didn't change. It's changing the level requirement *for extra ball save* during the boss fight, not the requirement to fight them.

#3167 30 days ago

Took the family to the zoo today, but got home late tonight and got some time on the new code. Yes, v1.00 feels rushed. That said, this game is just so bad ass. I will post my constructive criticism on what the game is missing polish-wise later this weekend. But let’s focus on what the team has accomplished getting the game to 1.00 and just how freakin’ awesome Venom is. So here’s some positive highlights of playing tonight on the new code, and some new experiences I came across that may or may not have been a result of v1.00 code:

1. I stacked the new pops millions with mayhem multiball. Awesome, glad they allowed that to be stackable. I even brought Hybrid in (glad they nerfed him, it was much needed) and used his multiplier to get some good 3million pops with the multiball.

2. I stacked Host Hurryup with Mayhem Multiball. I don’t know if that was in the code prior to 1.00, but it was a first for me and it was bad ass to see the game adjusting inserts as needed; which tells me the team did this intentionally. I posted before that Host Combos need to be on the display dashboard, but I’ll get into that with my overall review of the game later this weekend.

3. I defeated Knull tonight - awesome new animations, sequences, new internal level, and Knull defeated count. I loved seeing all the new stuff. I unlocked Hulk and played Blood Lust, I thought it was super cool to use Hulk Smash during Bloodlust; again, this may have been in prior code but it was a first for me. It was so cool that I whiffed the rest of the mode and only scored 100 mil from the Hulk Smash.

4. Made it to Klyntarr!!!! This mode is so freakin cool and they changed it some, ‘I think…’
« Spoiler! Click to reveal. I’ve played the mode twice before in the past and could have sworn it was a 1-ball mode, it is now 2-ball (maybe I’m mistaken and it was always a 2-ball?). The sequence shots seemed different/better - but again, I could be wrong. In either case, the mode is so bad ass, sound effects, animations, etc… Well done team. »

All in all. Great job Team Dwight!

I’ve been following this game since release as many of you know. I’m a huge fan and advocate for the Breadth-like ruleset and gameplay Venom offers. It’s so cool, so addicting, so fun. Shorter’ish ball times is such a refresher to have in modern pinball today with so many other games taking 45mins+ to finish. I’ll post my final thoughts of 1.00 with constructive criticisms, bugs, and final polish later this weekend when I get some more play. Until then, get those combos flipping, layout morphing, and hosts changing fellow Venoms!

#3168 30 days ago

Full replay from tonight’s stream of Venom 1.0 code!

Link below is right before new Million Pops mode starts:

Only bummer was my mystery web combo and mystery insert LEDs went out randomly an hour in so I wasn’t getting the visual cues for my special attacks or anything at the mystery scoop during later games.

First time that’s ever happened to me.

#3169 30 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Iron Maiden's Can I Play With Madness (and that one doesn't depend on any premium hardware.)

If I’m remembering correctly Maiden pro can also have that mode but might need IC.

Deadpool disco loop mania or whatever it’s called is only on premium.

#3170 30 days ago

Btw, if you guys are bold and brave, first thing I did after installing 1.00 was full reset of all progress, high scores, and GC. Highly recommend with the new hero ranks and scoring modifications from Hybrid.

#3171 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Btw, if you guys are bold and brave, first thing I did after installing 1.00 was full reset of all progress, high scores, and GC. Highly recommend with the new hero ranks and scoring modifications from Hybrid.

Does that kill your character unlocks?

#3172 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How do you?

I’ve been kind of holding back playing so I don’t have too much to lose in the progress.

#3173 30 days ago

I noticed my ‘shoot again’ light to be very dim after the update, very hard to see. Is that just my machine or anyone else noticing this?

#3174 30 days ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Does that kill your character unlocks?

Quoted from rai:

How do you?
I’ve been kind of holding back playing so I don’t have too much to lose in the progress.

Yes it resets your unlocked characters. Go into the menu system, hit the left flipper to toggle backwards to ‘reset all progress’.

Resetting high scores and gc is done in settings > utilities > resets

#3175 30 days ago
Quoted from RMHighScore:

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the Carnage sled? Mine will go through periods of time where it will not reset to the bottom of the hill. The game tries to release him but its like the coil doesn't stay energized long enough or the mech doesn't pull down far enough. All the switches and optos test fine.

Does he not return to the bottom all the time, or only in certain modes? For example in Toxin he can do short drops that are not supposed to necessarily get him all the way to the bottom.

Also, it's ok to use a couple of drops of Super Lube on the rails he rides on. Just make sure you don't get any lube anywhere on the PF. I lubed mine and it's a way more satisfying shot now, and in Carnage MB when he drops back because you were too slow he slams down and it's great. I have seen no issues with miniscule amounts of lube transferring to the captive ball and then on to the fixed ball then to the PF.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3176 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes it resets your unlocked characters. Go into the menu system, hit the left flipper to toggle backwards to ‘reset all progress’.
Resetting high scores and gc is done in settings > utilities > resets

Thanks, I assume it keeps all the gameplay audits intact?

#3177 30 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Texas Pinball Festival 2024 Seminar - Making of Venom with Dwight Sullivan and Brian Eddy: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2091873453

Anyone know an archival link for this?

#3178 30 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I assume it keeps all the gameplay audits intact?

Yea, audits and adjustments still in tact. For giggles, wanted to see my play count:

IMG_1826 (resized).jpegIMG_1826 (resized).jpeg
#3179 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, audits and adjustments still in tact. For giggles, wanted to see my play count:[quoted image]

Cool, I’ll try for a clean slate with the new code. I haven’t played that much so only had one character unlocked anyway and it sounds like the Knull grind will be less with extra ball save at highest level.

#3180 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I didn't touch high scores (my kids would be devastated) but I played one last game with all my guys and then hit the big reset. This is rest #2 for me, and it honestly felt great. Also, new Orange flippers, new Ravencroft, and I adjusted my level to be really precise to where I like it. What a great day slinging silver! Also, I've always choked on Hybrid so my existing tope scores were not from Hybrid/Mayhem!

Agree that the change to him was merited, and I really like the decision point between Flash and Eddie for Mayhem. Super pops and easy maintenance on a 3-4x vs Eddie's much easier right orbit and the ability to easily pass via easy shots to either flipper and passive bonus to Mayhem.

I have had good and bad runs with both, but I did my new personal best of dying after missing the shot on Super Jackpot #3.

#3181 30 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I noticed my ‘shoot again’ light to be very dim after the update, very hard to see. Is that just my machine or anyone else noticing this?

Just you, mine is as orange as ever.

#3182 30 days ago

Loving the 1.0 update! Awesome job Xaqery and team. Absolutely LOVE the million pops mode, such a great idea and 100% made this "wtf does this game even have pops?" guy super happy, so thank you so please don't nerf it too much, haha.

I have a few ideas/suggestions for future updates:

1. VIDEO MODE. I think acknowledging combos would make the video mode a lot more interesting. You can already nab two or even three infected at once, but I'd love some extra points, a little graphic splash, and a sound to go with it. Make it SUPER temping to get greedy. Also, it feels weird when an infected gets you, because there is no animation to represent them grabbing Scream. It always feels like I'm guessing when I won or lost, because it's not made clear to the player until the part where she runs away. Again, some kind of sound effect, callout, or little graphic or something at the moment an infected crosses your hit box would make the player feel like video mode has ended.

2. Separate saved co-op progress. I'm sure this is probably easier said than done, because it requires two accounts to operate in tandem. I think it's a good idea, but I'm just afraid Insider Connected might not be set up for this kind of thing yet.

3. More callouts from Carnage. Carnage definitely gets repetitive. Lots of "is that your best? its pathetic!" and "Your mother called!" also, the "I almost felt that one, little man" is weird when my wife is playing as Gwen

Again, awesome work!

#3183 30 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Loving the 1.0 update! Awesome job Xaqery and team. Absolutely LOVE the million pops mode, such a great idea and 100% made this "wtf does this game even have pops?" guy super happy, so thank you so please don't nerf it too much, haha.
I have a few ideas/suggestions for future updates:
1. VIDEO MODE. I think acknowledging combos would make the video mode a lot more interesting. You can already nab two or even three infected at once, but I'd love some extra points, a little graphic splash, and a sound to go with it. Make it SUPER temping to get greedy. Also, it feels weird when an infected gets you, because there is no animation to represent them grabbing Scream. It always feels like I'm guessing when I won or lost, because it's not made clear to the player until the part where she runs away. Again, some kind of sound effect, callout, or little graphic or something at the moment an infected crosses your hit box would make the player feel like video mode has ended.
2. Separate saved co-op progress. I'm sure this is probably easier said than done, because it requires two accounts to operate in tandem. I think it's a good idea, but I'm just afraid Insider Connected might not be set up for this kind of thing yet.
3. More callouts from Carnage. Carnage definitely gets repetitive. Lots of "is that your best? its pathetic!" and "Your mother called!" also, the "I almost felt that one, little man" is weird when my wife is playing as Gwen
Again, awesome work!

4. Comp mode setting in the MAIN MENU like the other stern games.

#3184 30 days ago

I mentioned it on the live stream yesterday as a joke, but actually a Venomised Gary would be amazing as a hidden Easter egg like Bash the Balrog mode etc.

#3185 30 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Took the family to the zoo today, but got home late tonight and got some time on the new code. Yes, v1.00 feels rushed. That said, this game is just so bad ass. I will post my constructive criticism on what the game is missing polish-wise later this weekend. But let’s focus on what the team has accomplished getting the game to 1.00 and just how freakin’ awesome Venom is. So here’s some positive highlights of playing tonight on the new code, and some new experiences I came across that may or may not have been a result of v1.00 code:
1. I stacked the new pops millions with mayhem multiball. Awesome, glad they allowed that to be stackable. I even brought Hybrid in (glad they nerfed him, it was much needed) and used his multiplier to get some good 3million pops with the multiball.
2. I stacked Host Hurryup with Mayhem Multiball. I don’t know if that was in the code prior to 1.00, but it was a first for me and it was bad ass to see the game adjusting inserts as needed; which tells me the team did this intentionally. I posted before that Host Combos need to be on the display dashboard, but I’ll get into that with my overall review of the game later this weekend.
3. I defeated Knull tonight - awesome new animations, sequences, new internal level, and Knull defeated count. I loved seeing all the new stuff. I unlocked Hulk and played Blood Lust, I thought it was super cool to use Hulk Smash during Bloodlust; again, this may have been in prior code but it was a first for me. It was so cool that I whiffed the rest of the mode and only scored 100 mil from the Hulk Smash.
4. Made it to Klyntarr!!!! This mode is so freakin cool and they changed it some, ‘I think…’
« Spoiler! Click to reveal. I’ve played the mode twice before in the past and could have sworn it was a 1-ball mode, it is now 2-ball (maybe I’m mistaken and it was always a 2-ball?). The sequence shots seemed different/better - but again, I could be wrong. In either case, the mode is so bad ass, sound effects, animations, etc… Well done team. »
All in all. Great job Team Dwight!
I’ve been following this game since release as many of you know. I’m a huge fan and advocate for the Breadth-like ruleset and gameplay Venom offers. It’s so cool, so addicting, so fun. Shorter’ish ball times is such a refresher to have in modern pinball today with so many other games taking 45mins+ to finish. I’ll post my final thoughts of 1.00 with constructive criticisms, bugs, and final polish later this weekend when I get some more play. Until then, get those combos flipping, layout morphing, and hosts changing fellow Venoms!

One of the lamest spoilers ever!!!

#3186 29 days ago

Really loving 1.00. Game feeling complete. It’s the little things that matter, dig this page:

IMG_1831 (resized).pngIMG_1831 (resized).png
#3187 29 days ago

I need some advice, symbiotes. My behind the pops down post is loose again and I need to pull the playfield to reattach it. While I have it out, I need something to make it deaden the ball more. On Parker/Flash/Cap (because I waxed my pf) it's pretty common to hit that right orbit so fast that it ricochets back down. What could I put on that post. A couple of wraps of electrical tape? Superglue some felts? The current post is plastic. I don't really want more rubber I'm already switching as much rubber as I can to silicone to reduce debris.

#3188 29 days ago
Quoted from CitizenDrain:

I need some advice, symbiotes. My behind the pops down post is loose again and I need to pull the playfield to reattach it. While I have it out, I need something to make it deaden the ball more. On Parker/Flash/Cap (because I waxed my pf) it's pretty common to hit that right orbit so fast that it ricochets back down. What could I put on that post. A couple of wraps of electrical tape? Superglue some felts? The current post is plastic. I don't really want more rubber I'm already switching as much rubber as I can to silicone to reduce debris.

Yeah I've been thinking on a fix and haven't come up with one yet. A foam sleeve is a idea, kinda like the deadening foam squares you can find that work for apiderman and demoman etc. But that would require more know how than I currently. I'll brainstorm though.

#3189 29 days ago

So do we still need an extra bit of wireform on the center moving 180 ramp return? David can develop one (aka bond scuba kick quality).

#3190 29 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So do we still need an extra bit of wireform on the center moving 180 ramp return? David can develop one (aka bond scuba kick quality).

In one of my post here I welded a Bally ball guide to mine, looks nice and works flawlessly

#3191 29 days ago
Quoted from CitizenDrain:

Yeah mine ricochets too, maybe scratch a sleeve rubber over it, not sure if it's too thick

#3192 29 days ago

Just wanted to thank Dwight and team, for listening to us (I mean average players) about Knull battle loop. I went racing up to Knull and got stuck unable to beat Knull even at level 99 took me 8-10 hours just trying to beat Knull.

It shouldn't be super easy to beat the big bad wolf but when you are level 99 and you can't get any higher there is a frustration when you do his battle 100 times in a row, getting stuck at level 99 and still having a problem was frustrating. The good players might not know what I'm talking about but the average or worse guys can relate.

And he didn't have to nerf Knull because it's still gonna be difficult at lower levels and the goal for me is someday I won't need to be at level 99 to beat him. That's the beauty of the level system and saved progress, you can still have a battle be super difficult but the level system can boost the less good players up so they can see all of the game.

I think this one change will take a great pin and make it so much better if it will lessen the Knull battle loop.

#3193 29 days ago

Few tips for Knull:
1. Try to bring in a flamethrower
2. If you do have the flamethrower; on phase-1 and phase-2, go for the outside loop shots first before hitting the flamethrower.
3. Use your spidey sense on either phase-2 or phase-3 when there’s only one or two shots and they’re tougher ones.
4. I believe Hitting the spidey sense grants a special attack at the daily bugle. This will help move onto the next phase.
5. If you make it to phase-5, you’ll get a ball saver so focus on your one controlled ball in play, let the other drain if need be. Flipper health becomes a factor so you can’t trap. I believe hitting carnage releases Doppleganger for an additional shot.

#3194 29 days ago

Anyone have an issue with the doppelganger not resetting and continuing to score? Not sure what is catching but on occasion it will not go back up to swing into place and when it does it keeps scoring from the targets swinging.

#3195 28 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Few tips for Knull:
1. Try to bring in a flamethrower
2. If you do have the flamethrower; on phase-1 and phase-2, go for the outside loop shots first before hitting the flamethrower.
3. Use your spidey sense on either phase-2 or phase-3 when there’s only one or two shots and they’re tougher ones.
4. I believe Hitting the spidey sense grants a special attack at the daily bugle. This will help move onto the next phase.
5. If you make it to phase-5, you’ll get a ball saver so focus on your one controlled ball in play, let the other drain if need be. Flipper health becomes a factor so you can’t trap. I believe hitting carnage releases Doppleganger for an additional shot.

Thanks for the tips. Been stuck on Knull for awhile, i just keep choking at the end (that and not that good at pinball to begin with)

#3196 28 days ago

She goes in for ramp powder coating today. Gotta decide between gloss black. Semi black and flat black. Decisions decisions

PXL_20240331_135707834 (resized).jpgPXL_20240331_135707834 (resized).jpgPXL_20240331_135709793 (resized).jpgPXL_20240331_135709793 (resized).jpg
#3197 28 days ago

Flat black is my vote.

#3198 28 days ago

And black balls.

#3199 27 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And black balls.

I like the way you think. Good idea.

#3200 27 days ago

v1.00 Review:
So I played a ton of Venom over the weekend. I couldn’t stop playing, the game is so fun & addicting. I even just got a Rush on loan, but couldn’t pry myself away from Venom; I am really, really digging the overall 1.00 code. I’ve even come across a few new strategies such as not going for mini mode skill shots to leave a mini mode unlocked in order to progress through other parts of the game while raising my level - this works especially well when you’re on your second host on the same ball. Also, found out you can start the new million pops mode after you’ve started a multiball. I played mostly all saved progression style this weekend to see how high I could get my rank and was able to get to Rank 7: Flash Legendary. Next, I’m either going to aim towards traditional pin style playing (ie no saved progression) or try to beat Knull (and Klyntarr?) using Impossible mode only.

All in all, the team crushed it.
Sound Package: each host has their own sound track, sound tracks are very good quality - Wolverine is my favorite followed by Gwenom. Call outs are top notch and well done with some really nicely done choreography.
Art Package: It’s Zombie Yeti, everything he does is outstanding. But, Venom has to be in his top 3.
Rules: Dwight nailed it. Tons of breadth; lots of different scoring strategies, and lots of different ways to play. This could very well be his best ruleset to date.
Code: Code team was on it. They squashed bugs as quick as they appeared.
Layout/Design: This game needs to be in the conversation of Bryan Eddy’s top 3 designs. I don’t mind fan layouts, and I’m not a big fan of bash toys. So take away a bash toy and replace it with loops, ramps, and flow? win win! Absolutely love switching up the flow of the game based on the host. I love fast speed and combos with peter; chaos with Gwen, controlled flow with Brock, and controlled cradle play with Agent Flash.
Animations and display: while I think the display dashboard can give the player a little more info on progress; the overall animations and choreography are very well done.
X-Factor: Fun factor and one more game feeling. This game has me coming back over and over. Whether it’s just to play the speed and combos of the layout, or to try different ways of battling bosses or progressing through gameplay.

All that said, what’s next? The game feels complete; the polish list I have below are more of a wishlist than a game needs list. Dev team can take the feedback as they see fit, but overall the game is a winner for me.

Bugs, Polish, Wishlist Items
+ Multipliers and Doppleganger timers aren’t always being paused during cut scenes, mystery’s, and multiball starts
+ Blood Lust needs some polish. The mode start is awesome, the mode itself is awesome, but it needs fanfare and/or some type of end objective to go for.
+ Rampage: During Doppleganger phase, the code logic for the switches don’t reset fast enough, so after you hit him once and you combo the second shot into a switch you get no credit. The wait time feels too long, needs a slight tweak to be 1 or 2 seconds faster.
+ when you defeat Grendel, Knull, or Klyntarr; the game shouldn’t auto plunge ball back into play (give us a moment to enjoy the victory).
+ Cpt America could use a mystery nerf. Ideas would be removing his mystery skill shot or perhaps remove any banked Mystery’s once you switch host to Capt America?
+ Could really use a countdown call out for the last 3-5 seconds of a boss battle.
+ sound effect on bell tower when restarting multiplier timer doesn’t always go off.
+ bug: still a bug when using Wolverine and getting mystery with toxin teamup is lit - won’t allow you to pick your teamup for toxin teamup.
+ bug: Hybrid still shows up as +7x playfield.
+ Gameplay Menu: When you reset speedrun or all progress, is there a way to speed the timer or bypass it?
+ Topper: This game is tanking on the secondary market, can we get a topper at a reasonable price?
+ Still hoping for a dedicated impossible mode saved progression with its own unlock-able heroes. `

LCD Display Dashboard Polish/Wishlist:
+ It would be nice to show the Host Combo status on the display:
1. Start Position: Locked
2. When unlocked: Host Combo READY!
2a. Display the first shot in the host combo for whatever host you’re in (or show all 4 shots grayed out and they light green as you get them?)
+ Carnage Ready/Lit info and which of his 3 modes is ready to go.

Stern IC polish/wishlist
+ Stern IC: Is there a way to reset your IC GC score? I’d like to reset mine from older code.
+ how about a can Klyntarr count added to the Knull defeated & Hero ranking?
+ Klyntarr Badge anyone?
+ Easter Egg: Add a venomized Gary Rank? Or venomized Bryan Eddy, Dwight Sullivan, Gary, etc…?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 899.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-stern-owner-s-club-choose-your-host-change-the-game/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.