IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 237.
#11751 57 days ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok picked up a WD Premium...put an external audio volume controls on and now the bass is essentially gone?! Not sure if I screwed something up on the install and blew something. I took it off and same end result. External sub works still on other pins...but barely any bass. Did I screw up a board or something? I can work on pins but not good at board work. Sure can replace connectors and stuff but limited board knowledge. Thx!

I just installed one on my JP from Pinballlife. One of the connector's keyed and the other one is not. Do you think you may have plugged that connector in backwards if it's similar to the Pinballlife audio button. Maybe contact the seller and see what they have to say.
I was thinking of putting one on my Metallica, but now I might hold off ?

#11752 56 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I just installed one on my JP from Pinballlife. One of the connector's keyed and the other one is not. Do you think you may have plugged that connector in backwards if it's similar to the Pinballlife audio button. Maybe contact the seller and see what they have to say.
I was thinking of putting one on my Metallica, but now I might hold off ?

So i think the connection was fine they were keyed and it was working...but messed up the audio. My dealer reached out on something else and I was like hey any ideas on this...he said similar situation happened to him on his ST premium. Advised I roll back an update and update again. It was on an old update already (just got it so didn't check yet). I updates to moat recent code and it fixed it. I'm just gonna hold off for now but maybe I did install wrong somehow? But it did work so?

#11753 55 days ago

If anyone's thinking of selling their Walking Dead premium any time soon,let me know. I'm making room for one,and I'll be ready May 3rd.I'm looking for one within a reasonable distance for pickup.You'll have two months to play your pin before you say goodbye.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

#11754 55 days ago

You can have mine for free if you can beat me best of seven in bubble hockey

#11755 55 days ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You can have mine for free if you can beat me best of seven in bubble hockey

I think that's doable

#11757 52 days ago

I'm running the custom audio code from Cleland. At certain points/when certain qualifications are met the audio dips down considerably and sounds a little muffled until the next ball or so. Nothing major, just something I've noticed while the game is handing me my own ass.

#11758 52 days ago

Ive never experienced this after 7 years running Clelands custom audio code. Is there some place you can reproduce this everytime that we can check? Very odd.

Quoted from Merendino:

I'm running the custom audio code from Cleland. At certain points/when certain qualifications are met the audio dips down considerably and sounds a little muffled until the next ball or so. Nothing major, just something I've noticed while the game is handing me my own ass.

#11759 52 days ago

Same here. Never had that happen since having the code installed a long time ago.

#11760 52 days ago

Haven’t noticed a sound issue either. Although, I did get my ass handed to me for 20 straight games. lol. Finally walked away with forearm aches and pains needing a break

#11761 52 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ive never experienced this after 7 years running Clelands custom audio code. Is there some place you can reproduce this everytime that we can check? Very odd.

More often than not it seems to happen when prison multiball starts. I'll do some tinkering tonight to see if I can 100% track it down.

#11762 52 days ago

My drops won't come back up, is that likely to be just a connector or broken wire, or something more technical?

#11763 52 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

My drops won't come back up, is that likely to be just a connector or broken wire, or something more technical?

At all, or after a completion? If not at all, I would look for a broken wire on the reset coil, first. If not after a completion, but still resets at the start of a game or ball, then I'd think an opto is dirty or bad on one of the drops, so the bank isn't seeing they've been completed.

#11764 52 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At all, or after a completion? If not at all, I would look for a broken wire on the reset coil, first. If not after a completion, but still resets at the start of a game or ball, then I'd think an opto is dirty or bad on one of the drops, so the bank isn't seeing they've been completed.

Thank you, they do come up at start of game, but not on completion.

I'll look and see if i can clean the opto, are they under the playfield or on top?

If they need work i'll have to wait till my mate who tech's for me is here.

#11765 52 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'll look and see if i can clean the opto, are they under the playfield or on top?

They are under the playfield. There should be a pcb with the optos on it. Each target has a little fin that passes through the opto beam to register the target. You may have to disassemble the mech to get to the optos to clean them.

#11766 52 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

If they pop at start but don't reset after completing, then it's likely an opto/switch issue. Can you qualify modes during a game or does it light one of the drop inserts?

#11767 52 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They are under the playfield. There should be a pcb with the optos on it. Each target has a little fin that passes through the opto beam to register the target. You may have to disassemble the mech to get to the optos to clean them.

Thanks, i'll wait for my mate. Above my technical abilities.

I'm limited to checking connections, rebuilding flippers etc.

#11768 51 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, i'll wait for my mate. Above my technical abilities.
I'm limited to checking connections, rebuilding flippers etc.

I was going to say reseat the connector on the drop assembly and in backbox. I think it’s J12 located on the lower left of the board on the right

#11769 51 days ago

You can also use the switch test in the diagnostics to see the drop target switch status and watch the status as you drop them one a time, etc. Also, knock on the playfield and wiggle wires to see if the switch status changes, etc.

#11770 51 days ago

Thank you guys. Got good and drunk and took the glass off.

Q tip must have worked, because i started blood bath.

R0010351 (resized).jpgR0010351 (resized).jpg

QTipForReferencePunkin

#11771 51 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
QTipForReferencePunkin

I sure hope the Blood Bath wasn't caused by overuse of said Q-Tip *shudder*

1 week later
#11772 38 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
QTipForReferencePunkin

It scares me at the thought of me ever touching my machines after drinking! I'm pretty sure I'd break something ,and I probably shouldn't even play them while I'm drinking.

Quoted from ralphs007:

If anyone's thinking of selling their Walking Dead premium any time soon,let me know. I'm making room for one,and I'll be ready May 3rd.I'm looking for one within a reasonable distance for pickup.You'll have two months to play your pin before you say goodbye.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

I’d also consider the TWD LE too.

#11773 38 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

It scares me at the thought of me ever touching my machines after drinking! I'm pretty sure I'd break something ,and I probably shouldn't even play them while I'm drinking.

My life is a big adventure. I play hard, break bones and loose blood regularly.

BadGrampaPunkin

1 week later
#11774 30 days ago

I'm having an issue with the magnet on my game throwing the ball SDTM after the prison multiball animation. I have read about loosening the nut on the magnet and turning the magnet a bit, but even after doing that it's always the same outcome, SDTM. I have tried turning the magnet very slightly clockwise and counterclockwise. I have tried a full 90° turn, 180° turn, 45° turn, etc, but it doesn't change anything. I have also tried using the flippers during the animation, but again, just SDTM.

Occasionally if it doesn't throw it SDTM, the ball will be right at the very, very tip of the flipper which is technically playable. But even then if I do get a flipper on it, the ball is typically out of control and results in a very quick drain.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm really at a loss because no matter what I try, it's always the same result.

#11775 30 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I'm having an issue with the magnet on my game throwing the ball SDTM after the prison multiball animation. I have read about loosening the nut on the magnet and turning the magnet a bit, but even after doing that it's always the same outcome, SDTM. I have tried turning the magnet very slightly clockwise and counterclockwise. I have tried a full 90° turn, 180° turn, 45° turn, etc, but it doesn't change anything. I have also tried using the flippers during the animation, but again, just SDTM.
Occasionally if it doesn't throw it SDTM, the ball will be right at the very, very tip of the flipper which is technically playable. But even then if I do get a flipper on it, the ball is typically out of control and results in a very quick drain.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm really at a loss because no matter what I try, it's always the same result.

I flipped my magnet (like a coin) and that fixed it for me.

#11776 30 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I flipped my magnet (like a coin) and that fixed it for me.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

#11777 30 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Please update us. I don’t get the SDTM all too often, but it happens occasionally like I’m sure with all owners.

#11778 30 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Please update us. I don’t get the SDTM all too often, but it happens occasionally like I’m sure with all owners.

This on my opinion is a huge design flaw.

Dialed In had this issue, and they were able to add options in settings to change the magnets behavior.

#11779 29 days ago

I am still looking for a Stern offical Zombie head shooter rod.

Pm if you have one for sale.

Magicchiz

1 week later
#11780 18 days ago

Anyone know how to increase the crossbow shot value?

#11781 18 days ago

Hey everyone, can someone point me in the right direction? I was changing my coil stops, like a moron, with the power on. I touched something and now all the lights on my playfield are out. Game still functions normally, flashers work, but all lights on the playfield are out.

Thanks in advance.

#11782 18 days ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Hey everyone, can someone point me in the right direction? I was changing my coil stops, like a moron, with the power on. I touched something and now all the lights on my playfield are out. Game still functions normally, flashers work, but all lights on the playfield are out.
Thanks in advance.

Guessing it's a fuse, but let's wait for the more experienced peeps to chime in.

#11783 18 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Anyone know how to increase the crossbow shot value?

I believe the crossbow shot value goes up with every walker kill, since the last cashed in crossbow collect. 2x playfield will obviously double it and any activated x inlane shot will also multiply it. I always use the x when crossbow is activated, you can have some crazy high value shots if you can hit it. Those are the only way to increase croosbow as far as I am aware.

#11784 18 days ago
Quoted from Yngwie36:

I believe the crossbow shot value goes up with every walker kill

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I heard that you can get insane scores from crossbow and crossbow frenzy.

I might test with the glass off just see how crazy the scoring can really get.

#11785 18 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I heard that you can get insane scores from crossbow and crossbow frenzy.
I might test with the glass off just see how crazy the scoring can really get.

I saw someone on a stream hit an almost 1 billion point crossbow shot. Base value was 15 mil, 2x playfield and a 30x shot multiplier. I think my highest crossbow shot is around 150 mil.

#11786 15 days ago

I shopped out my Pro this week. Kind of a pain to remove those ramps, but worth it. Cleaning and polishing the ramps was half the effort.

IMG_4800 (resized).jpegIMG_4800 (resized).jpegIMG_4801 (resized).jpegIMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
#11787 15 days ago

Come do mine. It's getting played more than anything atm. Along with Gorgar.

#11788 15 days ago

I love this game. That is all

#11789 14 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I shopped out my Pro this week.

I did mine recently too. Rebuilt pops, rebuilt flippers, cleaned and waxed, flame polished ramps, Titan rubbers, comet sunlight GIs, spotlights, trough light, added shaker motor, etc. Pain in the ass but definitely worth it. Plays great now.

IMG_8590.jpegIMG_8590.jpegIMG_8591.jpegIMG_8591.jpegIMG_8642.jpegIMG_8642.jpeg
#11790 13 days ago

I didn't get a photo with her, but I met Paola Lazaro ("Princess") a couple of days ago. She was very friendly, and I added her signature to my TWD premium translite (I have Pro, but I much prefer the premium translite, so I swapped mine out years ago). I'm up to 15 signatures on this one now.

Paola Lazaro - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 - TWD translite (resized).jpgPaola Lazaro - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 - TWD translite (resized).jpg

Paola Lazaro - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 - TWD pin  (resized).jpgPaola Lazaro - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 - TWD pin (resized).jpg

#11791 12 days ago

Well I didn’t plan to own Twd only played it twice before but picked up three pins today including a twd premium with stern topper and bunch of nice mods. I’d love to do a splatter blood kit on it!

Has red dmd but not sure color dmd is right on this one…. Thoughts?

#11792 12 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Well I didn’t plan to own Twd only played it twice before but picked up three pins today including a twd premium with stern topper and bunch of nice mods. I’d love to do a splatter blood kit on it!
Has red dmd but not sure color dmd is right on this one…. Thoughts?

Color makes it 100% better.

#11793 12 days ago

I was doubtful that colordmd was all that i was told it was here. Decided to do it as i wasn't planning on selling the game anyway.

Night and day difference. That and a sound upgrade to Pinwoofer is the two most important upgrades to me.

#11794 12 days ago

Amazing how a good cleaning and waxing can destroy your average scores. The game got a lot faster, but my brain stayed the same. I was used to averaging around 50M, but now my scores cluster around 10M.

#11795 11 days ago

FINALLY joined the billion club!! Start of ball 3 I was 997m end of ball 3 1.006b lol! This is the best game ever thank you John Borg, Lyman and everyone else who touched this game to make it amazing!! Should be pinside #1

IMG_8670 (resized).jpegIMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
#11796 10 days ago

Home made topper for one of the greatest games ever made.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#11797 10 days ago

Is there a go-to video on how to flame polish ramps? Time for me to shine up Some of my older pins

#11798 10 days ago
Quoted from DK:

Is there a go-to video on how to flame polish ramps? Time for me to shine up Some of my older pins

Pretty sure Cary Hardy has a video on it.

#11799 10 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

FINALLY joined the billion club!! Start of ball 3 I was 997m end of ball 3 1.006b lol! This is the best game ever thank you John Borg, Lyman and everyone else who touched this game to make it amazing!! Should be pinside #1
[quoted image]

man I'm still so far away from that kind of score. I think it's time to use my newer digital level on it as I haven't been over it in years to check.

#11800 6 days ago

I cant explain this one.. was playing my premium and the return ramp on left side i noticed a sticker in the ramp. See pic.

Looked it up and i think its a sticker on the ballast for the tube in the head. See pic.

Now explain how that made its way down on my ramp. I have not folded the head or anything in years. Did have the glass off the other day just to check the balls if they needed replaced. But didnt do anything up on the ramps. Hahah

IMG_6829 (resized).jpegIMG_6829 (resized).jpegIMG_6830 (resized).jpegIMG_6830 (resized).jpegIMG_6837 (resized).jpegIMG_6837 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.