IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
#1 11 years ago

OK, Since it seems that a lot of folks - myself included - recently acquired this great game, AND considering imminent new code, I thought it would be fun to have a thread devoted to questions, gameplay, mods, high scores etc.

I just had my best game ever - $288M as an AB, factory/hard setting, 3 ball - and the roadblock killed me. Battled Optimus 3 times after hitting roadblock....think I was down to last shot or two twice. RATS! I know Autobot is harder, but I like the more upbeat feel of the game as an AB, so I play it more. My previous high was 155 and just short of the previous owners GC score (on EZ settings), so I was pretty psyched.

RULES: I think Lonnie is getting a very bad rop here (see what I did there?). The rules are very good. They need a little fixing, as the roadblock really does limit the player. But Im really digging the entire TFLE experience, and a major part of it s staying in the flow of the games objectives, which are intuitive with some nice twists that can really impact scoring. Plus, 2 different games in one pin? How cool is that? The EB sound and dots are my favorite of all time too. Really having a love affair with this pin right now. I don't think there's one modern Stern that TFLE doesn't compare favorably to.

Lets here it fans! Share your stories!

#2 11 years ago

Own Autobots #122/125 , I am trying to convince Matt Mckee to remake the OP topper with the lights , he emailed me back saying he is working on Hulk and AC DC and then transformers I hope. Lets see if we can convince him to redo them email him at [email protected]
If 20 -25 of us ask and commit to one he just might do it.

#3 11 years ago

Nice game TFA! Do you have special set to EB? I flip it back and forth from EB to points. I think I finally set it up to EB but with a 1-ball max EB for special. You got my score beat! Well done.

Also, I think the rules are great til you progress further into the game. The end game style rules suck because it becomes even harder to start SS, IH, and the mb's so game becomes too drawn out.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

I have special set to EB, but only one EB. That was unintentional, as I actually got 3 specials and I was pissed that the last two didn't give me an EB!

Can you set special to points? Never heard of that. Free game or EB is all I've seen.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Own Autobots #122/125 , I am trying to convince Matt Mckee to remake the OP topper with the lights , he emailed me back saying he is working on Hulk and AC DC and then Transformers I hope. Lets see if we can convince him to redo them email him at [email protected]
If 20 -25 of us ask and commit to one he just might do it.

My ceiling is too low for a topper

#6 11 years ago

RAISE THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!! LOL

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I have special set to EB, but only one EB. That was unintentional, as I actually got 3 specials and I was pissed that the last two didn't give me an EB!
Can you set special to points? Never heard of that. Free game or EB is all I've seen.

Yes. It's in the adjustments. If memory serves me well you can have it be, extra ball, points, credit or voucher.

#8 11 years ago

So far my high score is only 102 million. Never hit the road block yet.

question - how often are you all changing your balls? I'm on my third set now with right at 500 plays. Seems like I'm always pegging the ramps corner which I think dings the balls. Once I see a couple pits or scratches I change them. Always change as a set too.

Another question. All 4 red lights come on my mini playfield when its on but I RARELY score a point from the top 2. How about yall? Am I that bad or could something be wrong? I get the ball steady back and forth over them but generally my only way to score is to get the ball to the top of the mini field and let it roll down the middle. I've also hit the bottom of the playfield often when shooting a loop after using it almost like its to low. Kind of stumped on it now.

#9 11 years ago

I think i will come back soon......now that the le is so cheap.....

#10 11 years ago

I joined this club but left for dinner and when I came back I had to start over.

That's for Greg.

#11 11 years ago

Greg who? That's two.

#12 11 years ago

Alright, I have to ask.

To those posting about how they are completing Autobots or Decepticons and getting to the 'roadblock' -- how long and how often are you playing this one pinball machine?

Is TFLE the only pin you own?

I ask because I never do that good, and probably never will because with work + family, I'd be surprised if I turn it on more than once a week, if that.

For a while there I was getting more reps in on TF when I was out of town on a work/consulting engagement and was playing it a Backcountry Pizza in Boulder then I would average at my own house.

But seriously - I think we ought to be able to count on one hand the number of Pinsiders that are progressing far enough into TFLE to experience the Optimus MB progression challenge. And unless I'm mistaken, the top 10 players in the IFPA are not amongst your ranks.

So, please, fill me in. I'm just curious, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers. How old are you, how many hours of TFLE gameplay do you average in a week, are you employed, any family, and size of your collection?

I suppose I'd like to understand the demographic.

cheers,

mr.bill

#13 11 years ago

I am proud owner of TFLE Autobot #101. I just emailed Matt in regards to post above.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#14 11 years ago

There is a local dist. who will sell me a LE NIB for $5800.00. Is that a pretty good deal for this game? How does it compare to other recent LE sterns? I havent been able to find one in the wild to play.

thanks

#15 11 years ago

I play about 2-3 hours a week nowadays, since I've updated my collection. Yes, by limiting time with other hobbies. Mostly TFLE these days but I enjoy my other games as well, particularly CSI. I also just got Avengers, so will probably play that the most. Im employed, have kids. I have 5 games but Future Spa is in my office and I'm not playing it much these days.

I had the same 2 DMDs forever, and wasn't playing much. I got really into it again this year and bought another game (CSI), traded for one (LOTR for my TFLE combo) and then my wife surprised me with an Avengers LE. So I've been playing quite a bit. This will no doubt pass but Im enjoying it.

I'm nowhere near the better guys that play but Im ok. On a machine I know well I can put up some good scores.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

There is a local dist. who will sell me a LE NIB for $5800.00. Is that a pretty good deal for this game? How does it compare to other recent LE sterns? I havent been able to find one in the wild to play.
thanks

That's the rock bottom rate for NIB LEs shipped these days as far as I know. I swear to God it's worth every penny, but you should play it first.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

thanks

That is a fair price, I paid 5895 shipped to my door.

It is one of the games that I play the most and would not sell. Probably play it 1 hour a week which is a lot for one game for me. Really like the rules and objectives and the sound is probably right up there with the best games I have. Shots are fun and you can get some really long combos when you have a good ball. Really like the multiballs in this one they are hectic and fun.

LE Combo#420 not going anywhere.

#18 11 years ago

Love the game so far. Mine needed to be dialed in a fair bit. But I have not had the ball stacking issues that others had (other than the 4th ball that would not go all the way in, but that was because my pitch wasn't high enough).

It is a lot of fun to play. Addictive and intense.

The music and sound effects are awesome.

When I originally played it, I thought the modes were not that great. But I have really come around on them. They are different and original. Lots of challenge.

I am not a good enough player to reach the roadblock yet, but if they fix that part of the code and add a few goodies, this would be a complete game. To me its great now.

And the LE looks, and IMO, plays much better than the pro. Its stunning to look at, both the cabinet with the dual trim, and the playfield with the LEDs.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So far my high score is only 102 million. Never hit the road block yet.
question - how often are you all changing your balls? I'm on my third set now with right at 500 plays. Seems like I'm always pegging the ramps corner which I think dings the balls. Once I see a couple pits or scratches I change them. Always change as a set too.
Another question. All 4 red lights come on my mini playfield when its on but I RARELY score a point from the top 2. How about yall? Am I that bad or could something be wrong? I get the ball steady back and forth over them but generally my only way to score is to get the ball to the top of the mini field and let it roll down the middle. I've also hit the bottom of the playfield often when shooting a loop after using it almost like its to low. Kind of stumped on it now.

I change the pinballs in my games about every 2000 games. I think 3 sets in 500 games is a little over the top.

#20 11 years ago

Is there a full, current and accurate description of the TF rules anywhere?

2 years later
#22 8 years ago

ok, was asking on another TF topic for a "club", and finally just found this one, as dead as (quite) all others TF topics !?
is this pin really bad & suck ? i'm the last one here to like it in mid 2015 ? did i'm mad than ?
i hope not...

well than, let's try to get this topic back to life... if we need help, this guy could help : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089885/

here's my TF story : this pin is HUO, first owner is Pascal (last post just above), than Maarten, another belgian guy, than me now, involved in a swap+euros with my MET (which i still love it, but thinking i had played it enough, and wanted to try something else home)
i had few pins in my wish list, TF pro was in there, than deal quickly found & done, with 2 happy guys, what more ?

let's forget the gameplay for now (already gone to the 2 "small" wizard mode), and set up few probs :

- as quite evbd, got probs with the "real" lock, already noticed & tried the various tricks exposed here, but not with 100% success, seems that's finally more a physic prob, and than we need to find the perfect slope
- all platics are still OK, but i want to preserve them, especially those right & left optimus prime... did someone already scaned these in 1/1 scale ? else will do, and surelly make some DIY new ones, more thick
- today got the idea to try a "power ball" in it, few games only and feels good, someone already tried ? may be its (again) dangerous for all platics parts in this pin, as the robots...
- rules &... extra ball : only lit one when playing all the autoboots, but did not lit when playing all the decepticons !?
... special : how to lit it ? (i know, its HUO)

more later, almost if some others TF lovers (or even haters) put a line here
tanx

3.JPG3.JPG

IMGP1548.JPGIMGP1548.JPG

more pics here : https://picasaweb.google.com/110304160913314353072/TFPro

#23 8 years ago

rules &... extra ball : only lit one when playing all the autoboots, but did not lit when playing all the decepticons !?

well, happend yesterday, when playing decepticons you have to finish all them
should be a bug as it also give the wizard mode :/

#24 8 years ago

Do you mean you earned 1 extra ball after playing 5 robots during Autobots, then after completing them, played the Decepticons and did not get an extra ball? If so, I thought the game only awarded an extra ball after playing the first five robots, not after playing each 5 robots.

#25 8 years ago

I own lots of them. Be warned that Atlantis's transformer is game specific.

#26 8 years ago

well, thats what i noticed :

- playing the 5 autobot without completing them : lit the spinner EB

- playing the 5 decepticons without completing them, nothing
- playing the 5 decepticon while completing them : lit the spinner EB (and than also lit the decepticon wizard mode)

if yes, than its not "equilibrate", and pin was factory reset when i got it, than no change in the settings (except playing in 5 balls)

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I own lots of them. Be warned that Atlantis's transformer is game specific.

tanx for helping to get this topic alive

#28 8 years ago

I own a TFLE combo and i enjoy playing it quite a bit. Perhaps it was people playing with older code above... Ive only played/owned the game with the final 1.8 software. But i dont know what people are referring to as roadblock.

There are two mini wizard modes after completing the robots
All hail megatron
Rollout

Was rollout renamed from roadblock or something?

Rick

#29 8 years ago

On the older code if you didn't complete the Optimus or megatron MB in one go it would make you relock and start over in order to progress. Now there is an option to save progress. That is the roadblock people are referring too.

I actually still own mine and bought nib so I've gone through all of the code updates. I still enjoy mine when I play. Not the best player, and don't play often but still enjoy it. Kids like it too.

#30 8 years ago

TF for ever

#31 8 years ago

Hell yeahhhhhh

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, thats what i noticed :
- playing the 5 autobot without completing them : lit the spinner EB
- playing the 5 decepticons without completing them, nothing
- playing the 5 decepticon while completing them : lit the spinner EB (and than also lit the decepticon wizard mode)
if yes, than its not "equilibrate", and pin was factory reset when i got it, than no change in the settings (except playing in 5 balls)

Yours is not working correctly. Factory default is that the EB is lit after you play your first 5 robots. This can be 4 autobots and Megatron or 4 decepticons and Optimus so they don't have to all be the same team. You are not required to finish the robots either and it works the same for both the autobots and decepticons. After the first EB though you will not get another one lit by finishing your team and then doing the remaining 5 robots after you completed the first wizard mode. The EB is only for the first 5 robots.

#33 8 years ago

i'll post my super deluxe megatron again.

internet_pic.jpginternet_pic.jpg

#35 8 years ago

"Yours is not working correctly..."

ok, noticed, and already reseted all again to factory after my previous post, than will see now how it works

and i'm happy, as i'm not the only TF fan

#36 8 years ago

Well I know people will disagree, but like any game people love it or hate it for whatever reason. This game suffered from a lot of negative attention from the get go, as did X-Men. Some of it deserved no doubt. By the time Stern got around to fixing the code issues people had moved on. It also had some design issues out of the box. Either way I still thinks it's a decent game and love the fact that you can choose which side to play from the get go. Even though to fully progress you have to play all the modes so it's not like your getting two separate rule sets. That and the custom call outs, especially the wantabe Optimus are bad.

#37 8 years ago

I've had my TFLE Combo for 7 months now and I'm still absolutely loving it.

For those that grouse about it being based on the movies and not on the original cartoons, TF deserves a closer look. There are a TON of G1 references in the game, from the TV theme and "logo flip" when the skill shot is hit, to the numerous interpretations of the classic TF theme song, to several G1 characters showing up in the DMD animations.

As for the custom voice call outs not matching Peter Cullen, I just pretend in my mind that they're Ultra Magnus! (even though they don't sound like Robert Stack either...)

Later,
EV

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Well I know people will disagree, but like any game people love it or hate it for whatever reason. This game suffered from a lot of negative attention from the get go, as did X-Men

again, that make sense in the way its not fair to judge to quickly a pin, with a beta/new code...
for sure, with internet and the help of the player/community, now we can all together makes things better, as betatester in fact (dont like this term for those who bought a NIB)

got my TRON LE NIB with first code, was a gambler, bud did not regret it at all (what i regret is that i have now sold it - lol)
got my MET pro NIB but only after all customers requests and the fact that new code was coming for sure, and than was great
same for XMEN LE HUO, got it when deadpool was in
and now again with TF

about rules set, of course i still dont have in my head all the sequences to end each robots, but my son told me it is really 2 rules set, not the same shoots if you begin with a side or the other

well than, nobody know how to lit the SPECIAL ? going to the big wizard mode ?

#39 8 years ago

@85vett : just got 2 games, from each sides, and it goes just how you've said, now lets admit its setup correctly than

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well than, nobody know how to lit the SPECIAL ?

Not sure about the pro but on the LE you lite special by finishing the Iron Hide mini playfield mode.

#41 8 years ago

In the club now with Decepticon #87. Trying to add a bumblebee and replace megatron. Doesn't seem like it'll be easy but I have Transformers, including some old broken G1 versions, to draw from.

#42 8 years ago

Replacing my megatron with the factory one, was a PIA. I had to custom make my own plastics and metal brackets. Completely redesign the entire area. The megatron I used fit perfectly as he matches optimus's size to a tee. Hooked up his arm to the mechanics so it moves up and down, cannon works under his arm and his eyes light up when the scoop is ready.

#43 8 years ago

great mod than

271M yesterday, all is set to factory settings, except 5 balls instead of 3
and/but even with 5 balls (+1 EB during the game lets admit) it will be more than hard to see the big wizard mode, smalls one are quite easy (already 2 with decepticon & 3 with autobot, only 1 not finished)

and i've read somewhere else that 2X playfield was not working to collect the super jackpot (or i missunderstood), suppose it was the old code, as i got it with a 17M shoot, lane X2, pf X2, than grabbed 68M...

#44 8 years ago

ok, about FAST SCORING, when activated i see the left ramp is flashing, but what for as seems nothing happend when passing there !?

#45 8 years ago

I think the flashers on both left and right slings should flash/pulse when in fast scoring. I know they do for bumblebe scoring mode.

I think there is some robotic voice that says fast score. And a timer on the dmd as well.

Hope that helps

#46 8 years ago

yes, but no
was meaning about rules/gameplay... because as it, under that left ramp, its just a "shot me" call
lets admit its just visual than
tanx

1 week later
#47 8 years ago

Transfomers for EVER

181487.jpg181487.jpg
181488.jpg181488.jpg
181489.jpg181489.jpg
181490.jpg181490.jpg
181491.jpg181491.jpg
181492.jpg181492.jpg
181493.jpg181493.jpg
181495.jpg181495.jpg

#48 8 years ago

Hi all, I have a transformers combo le bought it new with mirror blades and shaker motor, player only 300 game since new, what do you think it is work in the market today?
Regards Tony

#49 8 years ago

hard to say about australian prices...

@Iba : aussi beau que le TRON
et à part l'arche, mon PRO ressemble très fort au tien

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hard to say about australian prices...
@Iba : aussi beau que le TRON
et à part l'arche, mon PRO ressemble très fort au tien

je trouve meme que le tiens claque plus que le mien

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.