(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,954 posts
  • 771 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by guitarded
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 240.
#11901 51 days ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Can someone post a link for the fuses on the boards in the backbox? Please and thank you. I have an original run machine. My googling skills are failing me.

The PD-16 comes with = T4L250v (4amp / Slow Blow)

https://www.pinballlife.com/20mm-slow-blow-fuses.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11902 51 days ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, Have a question about some flaky grid lights on my TNA CE... Sometimes (this has happened intermittently since I opened the box) the lights for grid spots 2, 3, 6, and 9 will go out. Usually I can lift the PF, push in one of the small ribbon cables that tends to wiggle downwards back up into its spot, and the lights will come back. Today I tried the same tactic, probably 3 separate times of pulling off-putting on the cables, and still no lights. Is there any other fault point that could be causing these lights to go out? Any potential fuses, faulty boards, etc? I went into the lamp tests and it's literally just these four that refuse to light.
And to add insult to injury, I accidentally tore the sticker on the right interior wall during my lifts and resets... RIP
[quoted image]

Sorry to hear about the torn art blade. Pinball Life sells protectors to keep the art blades from being damaged when the playfield is lifted. These are for standard pinball cabinets, and can be trimmed to fit the TNA cabinet:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html?Category_Code=

If you want to replace the art blades, Pinball Life sells mirrored blades just for TNA:
https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-meltdown-mirrors.html

If you want to replace the original torn art blade, send an email to Spooky and they should be able to get one for you.

#11903 50 days ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Can someone post a link for the fuses on the boards in the backbox? Please and thank you. I have an original run machine. My googling skills are failing me.

I believe the fuses on the pd16 boards in the backbox are the 4amp version of these

https://www.pinballlife.com/20mm-slow-blow-fuses.html

-

https://www.amazon.com/T4AL250V-T4L250V-Cartridge-5X20mm-Slow-Blow/dp/B008QYHUOQ/ref=asc_df_B008QYHUOQ/

Thanks to namyzzo for documenting these in his manual

IMG_3820 (resized).jpegIMG_3820 (resized).jpeg

#11904 49 days ago

Ugh, more issues with my recent acquisition. This time, it's the display. When I power the game on, the screen says No Signal for a few moments like normal, and then just goes dark.

As I've said previously, I'm pretty new at this and learning a ton as I go. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting this one?

#11905 49 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Ugh, more issues with my recent acquisition. This time, it's the display. When I power the game on, the screen says No Signal for a few moments like normal, and then just goes dark.
As I've said previously, I'm pretty new at this and learning a ton as I go. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting this one?

..just curious - does the machine "boot up" and become active? - like does the Start Button flash "ready"?.. any playfield lights on..etc?

I know the boot screen is real fast normally - any brief flash of some "booting" text?

..maybe check voltage of the CMOS pill battery located on the SBC Up-Board computer in the backbox - when the machine is off. See if you get the 3v dc expected.

..maybe take the backglass off and take a short video and upload to youtube so we can see whats going on..

..just some curious questions to get the ball rolling.. haha..

#11906 49 days ago

Thank you for your response. Did some digging and some extra troubleshooting with the help of a friend of mine:

Quoted from namyzzo:

..just curious - does the machine "boot up" and become active? - like does the Start Button flash "ready"?.. any playfield lights on..etc?
I know the boot screen is real fast normally - any brief flash of some "booting" text?

Machine lights come on right away, but remain static the whole time. Start button does not light up. The display comes on with the No Signal, then goes dark. No boot screen.

Quoted from namyzzo:

..maybe check voltage of the CMOS pill battery located on the SBC Up-Board computer in the backbox - when the machine is off. See if you get the 3v dc expected.

Went to do this, but I wasn't sure how to unmount the battery in order to test it. And my friend hadn't ever seen a battery mounted like that, either. I included a picture. With that heat shrink on it, what's the best way to remove it? Since I don't know how it's actually mounted, I didn't want to break something haha

Quoted from namyzzo:

..maybe take the backglass off and take a short video and upload to youtube so we can see whats going on..
..just some curious questions to get the ball rolling.. haha..

Here's a quick video I took:

And another with the display on. It also shows what happens with the playfield lights:

I also plugged the HDMI cable into a laptop to ensure the display is definitely working. I also switched those USB cables into the other ports just to try and rule out faulty ports.

20240310_142704 (resized).jpg20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
#11907 49 days ago

Went to do this, but I wasn't sure how to unmount the battery in order to test it. And my friend hadn't ever seen a battery mounted like that, either. I included a picture. With that heat shrink on it, what's the best way to remove it? Since I don't know how it's actually mounted, I didn't want to break something haha

[quoted image]

The 5v battery (cr2032) encased is usually adhesive backed and can be carefully lifted off the surface. The ~ 4" wire lead has a very small female connector onto the circuit board. With the game energized, Be careful when separating the connector to avoid lifting the male segment. You can test battery voltage once unplugged with voltage/multimeter.

Given the value of these great games, I change my batteries every 2 years. Good luck with your game.

#11908 49 days ago

Got it working. I actually found an old post here with a similar issue and Scott recommended power cycling the PC. That's all it took. All fixed.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

EDIT: for clarity in case someone finds this post in the future - There is a very small button by the DC barrel plug on the right side of the SBC. Press that button while the machine is powered on to power cycle. That immediately fixed my issue.

#11909 49 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Got it working. I actually found an old post here with a similar issue and Scott recommended power cycling the PC. That's all it took. All fixed.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions

..was that done by pressing the power button on the SBC? while the game was powered on or off?

or?
..just curious

I didn't even think to use that button - I figured a power cycle of the complete machine would do the same thing. Scott's "kung-fu is strong" = I'm glad he is on here.

(I see the battery is 2017 - doin pretty good!)

Thank You for posting the videos - so we could see what the boards were doing and how the playfield was lit up.... and letting us know what the fix was.!!

#11910 49 days ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

..was that done by pressing the power button on the SBC? while the game was powered on or off?

Yep, exactly. It was done while the game was powered on. After pressing it, the display went straight to the boot screen and loaded with no issues. Played a couple games, and everything seems great. Except my skills. Those are still sorely lacking.

#11911 49 days ago

If anyone has a TNA and wants to make a trade for my beautiful TX-Sector, or knows someone... shoot me a PM! TX and I will be at the Allentown show in May if that makes logistics easier.

#11912 48 days ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I'm not sure if these pics are labeled correctly - so beware!
2/3/6/9 = 20,21,24,27 = which might be PD-LED#1 (J1 & J2? ribbon cables). It's hard to see the traces to know for sure if those LEDS are fed by 1 or 2 ribbon cables.
(Bummer on the sticker. I'm in the same situation, the one on my right hand side is starting to peel up as well. Raising/lowering it so much - I eventually snagged the edge of playfield on it - time for the https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-meltdown-mirrors.html ??) [quoted image]

I appreciate these photos! Thanks to your labeling, I realized there should actually be THREE ribbon cables connecting to that board, so I opened 'er back up and lo and behold, ribbon cable #3 had come off completely and was hanging out down below! A quick re-attachment and everything was hunky-dory.

As for those mirror blades... they look like they'd make a delightful addition to the inside of the cabinet (maybe along with some of those side protectors Macman mentioned a few posts above).

#11913 48 days ago

Why do I love this game? Ive never beaten it but this morning I got to reactor 6 on ball one and had 2 extra balls. I then proceeded to drain every ball and didn't even get to 7. Maybe I just get too excited. I swear it feels like the game knows your doing good and decides to fight back.

#11914 46 days ago

TheNoTrashCougar
Hi Scott - Is there a possibility of turning the flipper power down further than 20 please

I’m running precision flippers and i’m having issues with the keypad targets. They are responding perfect but if the ball is travelling too fast it will not register and on a game, for example i can hit the centre several times and it will not register

I do have a vid to show everything is working and also when it isn’t if that helps ?

#11915 45 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/213#post-7457662

I've officially owned my TNA CE for an entire year now, what a journey! My personal best is reactor #7, still haven't progressed past that yet, but it is only a matter of time In the past year I've played a LOT of pinball on location in Portland, Oregon and TNA is frequently mentioned as a favorite. People love love love this game!

When I was deciding what my first game was going to be, I saw a lot of Pinsiders cautioning against TNA because of "shallow code". You should not buy a Spooky, they are a pain to maintain, always go with a Stern Pro since they work right out of the box.

I am so glad I ignored that advice! Yes I've had to work on my game, but I've learned a lot and found I quite enjoy the problem solving process. My TNA CE plays spectacularly now... I doubt it will ever leave my collection. My only regret is not springing for that sweet butter cabinet.

My next pinball project is fully restoring a Black Hole... System 80 games are no joke, but a lot of fun to learn about!

#11916 45 days ago

+1. I just hit my 1 year mark a couple months ago and did a similar write up. First NIB game, 0 issues. I was only into pinball for 1 month and only played a Bally lost world when I played my first newer type game and it was a TNA. Called them on my way home and they had 2 in stock. I’ve had 38 since then, and TNA is not going anywhere.

1 week later
#11917 34 days ago

..been pretty quiet in here - which is a good thing

Just thought I would share this - as a reminder to check thoroughly when troubleshooting.

A week or so ago I was not having any problems, but wanted to see what USB ports on the SBC were connected to which component (P3-Roc cable, Service/Audit coin door cable and Scoreboard cable).

I thought I would just kinda follow the cables through the loop in the backbox - with a little pull here and a little pull there = but to my surprise one of them wasn't moving... WTF ?

Appears someone needs to back down there 3/4" impact - just a little bit.. LOL .. I Haven't booted up the machine since seeing this - so I hope it's ok. Probably should find a replacement before I boot it up since it is the one that goes to the P3-Roc board ..

AJ @ Sp00ky had just sent me all the Coms cables used on the TNA that I was wanting for a project = so All is forgiven

20240310_214123 (resized).jpg20240310_214123 (resized).jpg20240310_214158 (resized).jpg20240310_214158 (resized).jpg20240310_214233 (resized).jpg20240310_214233 (resized).jpg20240310_214519 (resized).jpg20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
#11918 33 days ago

Hoping someone can help troubleshoot this:

My TNA CE stopped ejecting balls into the shooter lane.

Both lower flippers are also not responding. Reactor flipper still works.

When I start the game it just goes into a ball search.

Nothing loose or unplugged under the playfield. Only changes I've made to the game recently are: adding an HDMI audio extractor to fix the static buzz from speakers, and adding spacers to the roll over switches to help with balls getting stuck.

I have a ticket in with Spooky but figured I'd ask here as well.

#11919 33 days ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Nothing loose or unplugged under the playfield. Only changes I've made to the game recently are: adding an HDMI audio extractor to fix the static buzz from speakers, and adding spacers to the roll over switches to help with balls getting stuck.

I'm not familiar with which coils are on what line, but have you checked for any blown fuses?

#11920 33 days ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

I'm not familiar with which coils are on what line, but have you checked for any blown fuses?

Yeah I'd check fuses first. Then I'd check if a wire broke off one of the lugs on a coil connected to (same power line) the flipper coils.

#11921 33 days ago

Cleaned optos. Checked clearances….

Suggestions?

IMG_3405 (resized).jpegIMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
#11922 33 days ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

..just throwing this out there..

Can you enter the service mode and test the components - without it trying to "ball search"? = If so, I'd run some tests to confirm/deny a complete issue with components on the "upper" pd16 board. And switch tests if applicable (can't remember if the opto's have a test in the menu)..

The ball Searching - wonder if it's because the trough kickout is not working and the opto says there is a jam..?.. Is it just the Danesi ball lock searching - or do the scoops activate as well (just curious)..
???.. The trough "ball jam" or ball lock opto's faulty/blocked/mis-aligned or not getting good power connection?... Ball missing/not hitting the switch properly in the ball trough/bad switch or wire connection on one of the DB5 trough switches. SW16#2 has some to do with that area = might check connections there as well..??

The upper flipper is working - so PD#16-"lower" 48Vdc is ok..

Lower flippers not working = pd#16 "upper" fuse/power issue on that side of the board?
Trough Kickout/ball eject not working = pd#16 "upper" fuse/power issue on that side of the board?
..if service/diag menu reveals other components on this side of the board not working (lower slings & autolaunch) = check fuse on that side, ensure incoming power with a volt meter and exiting power on J4 (48v)....etc (see diagrams)

again - just some random thoughts.. Hopefully Sp00ky gets back to you soon..

PLEASE - keep us informed.!. (might help one of us in the future)..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11923 33 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Suggestions?
[quoted image]

whoah -

Can you run some tests in the Service/Diag menu? - how does it react.?? - maybe get you closer to whats going on (binding, mechanical switch, opto or opto power.??)

Hopefully Scott will pop-in with the answer.

Keep us informed - please!

#11924 32 days ago

Suggestions?
[quoted image]

Quoted from namyzzo:

whoah -
Can you run some tests in the Service/Diag menu? - how does it react.?? - maybe get you closer to whats going on (binding, mechanical switch, opto or opto power.??)
Hopefully Scott will pop-in with the answer.
Keep us informed - please!

That happens when the game thinks a ball is in the right scoop and cannot eject it. It cannot eject because of a few reasons....

1. The coil is unable to fire due to a broken wire or general coil failure. A ball would be actually in there if this was the case.
2. The right scoop opto is off because of a wire or connector issue (most likely).
3. The drop targets are physically unable to drop themselves. The scoop will not fire if a drop is up.
4. The drop thinks the drops are up when they are not due to a drop down switch error.

You need to go in the service menu and do some general switch testing. After you figure out which switch or opto is not functioning correctly, you can fix it. If it is an opto, cleaning them is not usually the issue. You will need to repin the connectors powering that opto as the IDC connectors are known to be flaky.

Post back when you figure it out! Thanks,
--Scott

#11925 32 days ago

Looking to get back in the club, 3rd times a charm I guess, so if you are looking to sell and somewhat local (3 to 4 hour drive), just reach out if my Wanted ad still exists.

Thanks for any help.

#11926 32 days ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That happens when the game thinks a ball is in the right scoop and cannot eject it. It cannot eject because of a few reasons....
1. The coil is unable to fire due to a broken wire or general coil failure. A ball would be actually in there if this was the case.
2. The right scoop opto is off because of a wire or connector issue (most likely).
3. The drop targets are physically unable to drop themselves. The scoop will not fire if a drop is up.
4. The drop thinks the drops are up when they are not due to a drop down switch error.
You need to go in the service menu and do some general switch testing. After you figure out which switch or opto is not functioning correctly, you can fix it. If it is an opto, cleaning them is not usually the issue. You will need to repin the connectors powering that opto as the IDC connectors are known to be flaky.
Post back when you figure it out! Thanks,
--Scott

(no emoji for "mind blown")

..I didn't even think about half of that or whats going on behind the scenes.

>Code to prevent the ball from whacking the drop target - when it is up!!. Seeing that, would be an experience for sure.. WhAcK...

#11927 32 days ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

(no emoji for "mind blown")
..I didn't even think about half of that or whats going on behind the scenes.
>Code to prevent the ball from whacking the drop target - when it is up!!. Seeing that, would be an experience for sure.. WhAcK...

It's not too exciting, it just flings the ball back into the scoop. Yeah... There are tons of functions that monitor everything going on in the machine at all times. Remember the machine does not have eyes, it only has switches to tell what is going on around it. THere are definitely lots of switches though.
--Scott

#11928 31 days ago

Suggestions?
[quoted image]

Hot Glue doesnt hold forever. Reseat the opto sensors on the opto board. Seems to have fixed the problem. Ill play more tonight.

#11929 31 days ago

Hot Glue doesnt hold forever. Reseat the opto sensors on the opto board. Seems to have fixed the problem. Ill play more tonight.

Those connectors are likely failing. Reseating may only fix temporarily.
--Scott

#11930 30 days ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

It was a blown fuse in the backbox. Replaced and everything is back online.

#11931 29 days ago

I’m having trouble with the auto plunger assembly again. Spooky sent a new one under warranty when the weld loosened up on the pivot shaft. Now the new one they sent is also starting to loosen and wobble.
I don’t have a welder, so are there other options?
IMG_1709 (resized).jpegIMG_1709 (resized).jpegIMG_1758 (resized).jpegIMG_1758 (resized).jpeg

#11932 28 days ago

If you just want that spot welded, take it to an exhaust shop.

#11933 28 days ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I’m having trouble with the auto plunger assembly again. Spooky sent a new one under warranty when the weld loosened up on the pivot shaft. Now the new one they sent is also starting to loosen and wobble.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Kolk1:

If you just want that spot welded, take it to an exhaust shop.

Yah - grind/file - prep it if you can.. Remove plunger so no "dingle berry's" get on it = then take to exhaust shop like Kolk1 suggested.. (or driveshaft shop, or?? - got to be somewhere close to you that will do it - probably for free and bragging rights on how good they can weld )..

#11934 23 days ago

https://clips.twitch.tv/InspiringTenaciousCodDuDudu-PAe9zRHtSytj64gT

I was steaming TNA a couple days ago and the game lost count of the balls. This happens about once in 50 mulitballs, so not that common but it does happen. Frustrating when you are further into the game. Suggestions?

#11935 22 days ago

Has anyone had to rebuild their stand up targets for the grid?

I discovered one of mine was falling to pieces. They seem to be riveted together and both the brass heads have come off. I discovered the back piece with the foam lying on the bottom of the cabinet.

Anyone had any luck fixing these?
Or is this the replacement ? https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-round-stand-up-targets.html

I was going to see if I could find a fine enough, long enough machine screw and lock nut, but I guess they use this design for a reason and a nut will come loose.

20240406_185845 (resized).jpg20240406_185845 (resized).jpg20240406_185951 (resized).jpg20240406_185951 (resized).jpg

#11936 22 days ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Has anyone had to rebuild their stand up targets for the grid?
I discovered one of mine was falling to pieces. They seem to be riveted together and both the brass heads have come off. I discovered the back piece with the foam lying on the bottom of the cabinet.
Anyone had any luck fixing these?
Or is this the replacement ? https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-round-stand-up-targets.html
I was going to see if I could find a fine enough, long enough machine screw and lock nut, but I guess they use this design for a reason and a nut will come loose.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered those the other day. I have not installed one yet - but here are a few pics of that part# - if you want to compare.. (they came with Diode's installed - pics show them removed)..
56456889999 (resized).jpg56456889999 (resized).jpg56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpgyellow-640 (resized).jpgyellow-640 (resized).jpg

#11937 22 days ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I ordered those the other day. I have not installed one yet - but here are a few pics of that part# - if you want to compare.. (they came with Diode's installed - pics show them removed)..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pic, the measurement is exactly what I needed to check.

#11938 20 days ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes you need to find a welder somehow. I welded mine several times before releasing i can’t file it too smooth. I got a replacement from spooky and welded it straightaway but this time left the weld showing and just took the roughness off it ( i am not a welder fyi )

1 week later
#11939 12 days ago

The wife and I just finished our garage conversion semi dedicated to the hobby. Took us 3 months but we are really enjoying it now.

IMG_2177 (resized).jpegIMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
#11940 10 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

The wife and I just finished our garage conversion semi dedicated to the hobby. Took us 3 months but we are really enjoying it now.
[quoted image]

Nice Line up

#11941 10 days ago

Thank you. Like everyone else, I swore I would only need "1". LOL

#11942 7 days ago

Hey all, one of my cracked CORE lane guides exploded the other day and I need to order a replacement. I think I found the correct part on Pinball Life but I'd like to confirm here first before ordering: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-14-translucent-double-sided-lane-guide.html

#11943 7 days ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Hey all, one of my cracked CORE lane guides exploded the other day and I need to order a replacement. I think I found the correct part on Pinball Life but I'd like to confirm here first before ordering: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-14-translucent-double-sided-lane-guide.html

Yes, that is the correct part.

#11944 6 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes, that is the correct part.

Thank you!

#11945 6 days ago

Leaving the club here. Game just wasn't for me, although it's fun and beautiful.

Straight swap on an LOV limited, I've been interested in one of these since i saw them.

Losing a couple of K, but hell it's pinball.

#11946 2 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Leaving the club here. Game just wasn't for me, although it's fun and beautiful.
Straight swap on an LOV limited, I've been interested in one of these since i saw them.

Have both of them- quite different and keeping both for now.

TNA excels with music, lighting effects, sound, and a great co-op mode (this game seems to be designed for co-op).

LOV- great shooting game with mature and fun code. Shoot up the middle, then hit the spinner (build up Thor’s hammer) and then hit the ship with the upper flipper- such a great satisfying combo. Recently I played this in league- all of us were sucking, but I did manage to get Thor’s hammer to 100% on last ball, went for the mode shot(s), almost drained, but finally hit one and hit the “action” button- immediately went from fourth to first (yeah we really sucked…) and the rest of the group were shaking their heads, “WTF?!”. “How did you do that?!”. Very, very satisfying.

To me TNA is the ultimate co-op party game with straight forward easy to grasp code.

LOV is a fabulous mode based fun shooting game where you better know the code/rules.

Enjoy!

#11947 2 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

With all your tourneys you have, I’d assume that TNA would have been a star in there for you.

#11948 2 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

With all your tourneys you have, I’d assume that TNA would have been a star in there for you.

I bought it as i played it at pinfest and enjoyed it, but just 1 objective is not my cup of tea. Didn't seem very popular with the other players either, even though i see reports here of people loving it. Noone ever told me it was their favourite game here.

Quoted from GranpaDave:

Have both of them- quite different and keeping both for now.
TNA excels with music, lighting effects, sound, and a great co-op mode (this game seems to be designed for co-op).
LOV- great shooting game with mature and fun code. Shoot up the middle, then hit the spinner (build up Thor’s hammer) and then hit the ship with the upper flipper- such a great satisfying combo. Recently I played this in league- all of us were sucking, but I did manage to get Thor’s hammer to 100% on last ball, went for the mode shot(s), almost drained, but finally hit one and hit the “action” button- immediately went from fourth to first (yeah we really sucked…) and the rest of the group were shaking their heads, “WTF?!”. “How did you do that?!”. Very, very satisfying.
To me TNA is the ultimate co-op party game with straight forward easy to grasp code.
LOV is a fabulous mode based fun shooting game where you better know the code/rules.
Enjoy!

Cheers for the review mate, it's on it's way to me this week sometime and TNA is already with it's new owner in Sydney. Looking forward to the new game.

#11949 2 days ago

Usually we play co-op when we have 4 players, but last night we dabbled with 2 vs 2 for the first time. What a blast! I feel like we all shot better than usual because of the competitive element.

Even with "one objective" this game has yet to stale after 18 months for me.

#11950 2 days ago

I recently joined the club. My family and I are loving the game. I only have a couple of minor issues that I need to fix. There's a minor issue with a drop target causing it to not drop when signaled. It's metal fatigue, I'm guessing, since it won't hold its position for long after adjusting. I have parts to fix it on the way from PBL though so I'll swap it out and do the frosted drop target plus lighting mod at the same time. I can't wait to get it up and running consistently. I think I'll also have to replace the noisy fan.

I have a couple of questions.

1) When the machine is on, there is a constant repeating beep ... beep ... beep ... coming from the cabinet. It can't be heard over the music, but it is noticeable when idle. Is that normal?

2) There are a few spots where a small portion of the clear protective coating over the cabinet and back box art are coming lose. There's also a pair of spots on the art blades where the clear coating is torn off but the decal is fine. Any good suggestions on how to stick that clear layer back down? Or hide where it was torn off? Any glue or sealer used would have to be crystal clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valley Center, KS
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.