20240407_170845 (resized).jpg
tom2 (resized).jpg
tom1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
There are 4,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 87.
#4252 88 days ago

Do you have a price on these? I’d be interested in getting one too.

#4253 88 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ok. I'll order at least 6.

I’d be down for one if you get enough

#4254 88 days ago

Depending on the price point, I'd like one. Mines beat all to hell.

#4255 88 days ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Depending on the price point, I'd like one. Mines beat all to hell.

+1

#4256 88 days ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Do you have a price on these? I’d be interested in getting one too.

Same here. Mine is showing wear, but not yet unusable.

#4257 88 days ago

I won't have pricing until I order and receive them from the vendor.
My first gut response: Expect them to be Price adjusted from the 130euros to usd based upon exchange rate.

If that still interests you; please reach out to me via PM so I have a list to invoice - unless you'd rather wait for the flood gates to open for general availability (fcfs).

#4258 87 days ago

Please advise to me when my trunk will be available

#4259 87 days ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

Please advise to me when my trunk will be available

It won't. Due to EU tax law; I will not ship to EU. EU requires the seller in another country to collect, report, and pay for VAT for EU. I'm not doing that.
You can order direct from my vendor; contact me via PM and I'll tell you where to order.

#4260 87 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I won't have pricing until I order and receive them from the vendor.
My first gut response: Expect them to be Price adjusted from the 130euros to usd based upon exchange rate.
If that still interests you; please reach out to me via PM so I have a list to invoice - unless you'd rather wait for the flood gates to open for general availability (fcfs).

Hitting the $99 sweet spot in pricing was the only issue with this new trunk.

#4261 86 days ago

Why is 99usd a sweet spot? Are other "unbreakable" trunks selling for that price?
Just trying to figure out why someone thinks 99usd desired.

#4262 86 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why is 99usd a sweet spot? Are other "unbreakable" trunks selling for that price?
Just trying to figure out why someone thinks 99usd desired.

It was what Georgio was selling them for plus shipping, but that was a couple years ago, and he was making them by hand in little molds.

So I think your estimate of $130 is close to that.

The guy in Italy selling them for $245+shipping was an outrageous price.

I dont think many people bought them.

Personally, Im all in at $130.

#4263 86 days ago

I'll take 2 or 3 honestly. Put me down for a few.

#4264 86 days ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Good to know. Maybe Netflix will end for the other guy and he will go back to making them. This will be a good holdover
until then.

Yes, Wednesday

Quoted from pinballinreno:

It was what Georgio was selling them for plus shipping, but that was a couple years ago, and he was making them by hand in little molds.
So I think your estimate of $130 is close to that.
The guy in Italy selling them for $245+shipping was an outrageous price.
I dont think many people bought them.
Personally, Im all in at $130.

For 130$ without shipping I might consider to make a new batch. Stay tuned!

So bad that rubber compounds cannot be molded, injection molding rubber compounds would have made a cheaper option. Only Polymer plastics are useable for injection in a faster proces, but these Trunks will break soon and we are back to the original problem.
So still the best option is handmade with our special developed painting method. Paint on rubber which can last high impact is another special progress. We asked big paint factories for a solution on our Trunk, but it was not possible

So nice to hear that our painting process worked! That was our biggest concern.

#4265 86 days ago
Quoted from georgio:

Yes, Wednesday

If so, put me down! I declined your original list a few years ago because I had a few trunk reserves. Now I'm down to my last one. Getting one final one that will last the life of the game sounds great!

#4266 85 days ago

Hey all! I just set up my TOM and ready to dig in! What are the must have mods for this game?

Does anyone have any cool mods for sale?

I'm contemplating the brass treatment and the Brian Allen art blades are a must! Color DMD of course and full LED treatment.

I have Soren 2.0 rom incoming.

You can follow my TOM journey if you like as I will be documenting it!

Thanks in advance!

#4267 85 days ago
Quoted from georgio:

Yes, Wednesday

So bad that rubber compounds cannot be molded, injection molding rubber compounds would have made a cheaper option. Only Polymer plastics are useable for injection in a faster proces, but these Trunks will break soon and we are back to the original problem.
So still the best option is handmade with our special developed painting method. Paint on rubber which can last high impact is another special progress. We asked big paint factories for a solution on our Trunk, but it was not possible

If you hit the $99 price point again, you will own the market if you can produce them in bulk.

Otherwise, $130 readily available holds my interest.

Either way, Ill buy the first one that shows up.

Can these be made with that Flex Seal urethane stuff? Its incredibly durable.

#4268 85 days ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey all! I just set up my TOM and ready to dig in! What are the must have mods for this game?
Does anyone have any cool mods for sale?
I'm contemplating the brass treatment and the Brian Allen art blades are a must! Color DMD of course and full LED treatment.
I have Soren 2.0 rom incoming.
You can follow my TOM journey if you like as I will be documenting it!
Thanks in advance!

Well, it depend of your budget inst it? My Tom is modded to death and looks great

Must: unbreakable trunk, smart eddy switch magnet detector, no more reset, nvram
Interactive rewarding: professor pinball pinuiduno ; color dmd ; interactive mirror with video clips ; rotating saw
All gold! ( ramps, rails, launcher, golden mirror blades, coin door, lock bar, legs, etc )

The rest are just nice toys, the rotating card in the hat and the pretty magician lady model ( from Spain ), and the 3D tiger are the most eye catching

#4269 84 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is there any interest in a TOM trunk repo?
My vendor has reached out to me and asked if I had any interest.
I don't own the game; so, have no experience on the availability of this part.[quoted image]

I am interested in 1 if there are enough in your order (sounds like I might have missed your desired purchase timeframe of this weekend that is rapidly coming to an end.)

#4270 84 days ago

A "high volume" customer needed an extra day; so I'm not ordering until Monday night (2/5) at the earliest.

I haven't decided how many I'm ordering; but, it won't be dozens... because, I just can't take the risk at these prices.

If you seriously want one; sending me a PM is the right way to ensure I order enough to cover you and assume 130 euros price adjusted and USPS shipping to you.

1 week later
#4271 77 days ago
Quoted from etien:

Well, it depend of your budget inst it? My Tom is modded to death and looks great
Must: unbreakable trunk, smart eddy switch magnet detector, no more reset, nvram
Interactive rewarding: professor pinball pinuiduno ; color dmd ; interactive mirror with video clips ; rotating saw
All gold! ( ramps, rails, launcher, golden mirror blades, coin door, lock bar, legs, etc )
The rest are just nice toys, the rotating card in the hat and the pretty magician lady model ( from Spain ), and the 3D tiger are the most eye catching

Awesome thanks for the reply. When you say no more reset are you referring to the khar reset board?

#4272 73 days ago

I have limited stock of the ToM trunks available.
http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/ToMTrunk

Because stock is limited; please refrain from Hoarding these trunks and limit yourself to only one trunk.
If I sell out quickly; I'll re-order some more for delivery in a couple of weeks.

If you order and I do not have stock; I'll contact you by email to determine next steps.

#4273 72 days ago

BREAKING NEWS!

We started making a new and large batch of our unbreakable rubber trunks.

Everyone on the waiting list will be contacted first. Only one Trunk each person to keep it fair. Don't worry if you're not on the list, we are going to make a lot every batch. 150 Trunks already molded and waiting for the special paint and coating. From this moment on we accept no new requests by email.

We will place the new trunks on a website when they are available. I will make an announcement here so you all have the time and are first to order online. Pinsiders first!

Stay tuned.. When the batch is finished we start mailing/ adding them to the stock on our website.

See you soon!

#4274 72 days ago

Got my unbreakable trunk from Zitt today! Very high quality and should last a lifetime! Thank you much!

IMG_2892 (resized).jpgIMG_2892 (resized).jpgIMG_2893 (resized).jpgIMG_2893 (resized).jpgIMG_2894 (resized).jpgIMG_2894 (resized).jpg
#4275 71 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is there any interest in a TOM trunk repo?
My vendor has reached out to me and asked if I had any interest.
I don't own the game; so, have no experience on the availability of this part.[quoted image]

Got mine today. Here's some pictures. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but snipped the pips inside off with some nippers for the screws to go through. I tried a drill bit, but the chad was still hanging on and made the install harder.

DSCN3287 (resized).JPGDSCN3287 (resized).JPGDSCN3288 (resized).JPGDSCN3288 (resized).JPGDSCN3289 (resized).JPGDSCN3289 (resized).JPGDSCN3290 (resized).JPGDSCN3290 (resized).JPGDSCN3291 (resized).JPGDSCN3291 (resized).JPGDSCN3292 (resized).JPGDSCN3292 (resized).JPGDSCN3293 (resized).JPGDSCN3293 (resized).JPGDSCN3294 (resized).JPGDSCN3294 (resized).JPGDSCN3295 (resized).JPGDSCN3295 (resized).JPGDSCN3296 (resized).JPGDSCN3296 (resized).JPG
#4276 71 days ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

Got mine today. Here's some pictures. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but snipped the pips inside off with some nippers for the screws to go through. I tried a drill bit, but the chad was still hanging on and made the install harder.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, same issue here. But once I found the right snips to use, they came right off and it installed just fine.

#4277 71 days ago

pjflyer ... do you mind if I steal your pictures for installation pics on my site?
I always ask; so, feel free to send a PM and say no. ;D

#4278 70 days ago

Is there any 3d print file for the trunk?

#4279 70 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

pjflyer ... do you mind if I steal your pictures for installation pics on my site?
I always ask; so, feel free to send a PM and say no. ;D

That's fine with me. I posted these here just for that reason.

#4280 70 days ago

Installed mine. Gave it a little black wash to try and bring out the details.

IMG_0920 (resized).jpegIMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
#4281 70 days ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Is there any 3d print file for the trunk?

Doubtful there is.

Also, the original plastic trunk breaks so don't think a 3d printed plastic one will hold up much better. These special "indestructible" trunks are molded from some rubber-like material and can therefore bend/flex quite a lot.

#4282 69 days ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Installed mine. Gave it a little black wash to try and bring out the details.
[quoted image]

Love the black wash! How did you do that?

#4283 69 days ago

I missed that, but you're right. I missed the comment above the pic.
If it's not too difficult, I'd try too.

#4284 69 days ago

I brushed on some acrylic black wash, like is used in modeling for weathering and detailing. Then, after it dried, I used a little acrylic thinner to wipe of any excess or spots on the brass color I thought were too dark. To be clear, I didn’t brush on the whole trunk, just the brass/gold trim

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOL8G8S/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0

#4285 69 days ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I brushed on some acrylic black wash, like is used in modeling for weathering and detailing. Then, after it dried, I used a little acrylic thinner to wipe of any excess or spots on the brass color I thought were too dark. To be clear, I didn’t brush on the whole trunk, just the brass/gold trim
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AOL8G8S/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0

Cool thanks, looks great!

1 week later
#4286 56 days ago

Greetings gang,
Rejoined the Theatre club and am already out of commission. I got my theatre yesterday. Everything worked fine. However, I felt like the trunk was off a bit, so I took it off, adjusted it slightly, and put it back on. Perhaps I bumped it out of place, but now I get error switch 56.
I tried to adjust the Eddy sensor but that didn’t seem to work and I also tried to clean the opto assigned to switch 56 (I believe) and that didn’t do anything. I also noticed that when testing it, it kept spinning the same direction, so it may have damaged something? Pic below.
Any help is greatly appreciated and if I’m in the work thread, kindly point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

IMG_9231 (resized).jpegIMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
#4287 56 days ago

Your trunk wires are twisted tight. Check the optos if it’s spinning in the same direction or those wires are gonna break.

#4288 56 days ago

Yeah I’m glad I noticed in time after testing.
It’s clearly spinning in only one direction and continues to come back to error switch 56.
Any other thoughts?

#4289 56 days ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Yeah I’m glad I noticed in time after testing.
It’s clearly spinning in only one direction and continues to come back to error switch 56.
Any other thoughts?

Check motor control board, diode on mine was bad and only spinning one way

#4290 56 days ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Check motor control board, diode on mine was bad and only spinning one way

I’ll give it a look and follow up.
Thanks!

#4291 51 days ago

Anyone have a successful fix for the ball getting stuck in the top right near the gate? Mine is getting stuck when the ball goes through but not fast enough to make the loop so it falls back and gets stuck.

#4292 50 days ago
Quoted from MeJeremy:

Anyone have a successful fix for the ball getting stuck in the top right near the gate? Mine is getting stuck when the ball goes through but not fast enough to make the loop so it falls back and gets stuck.

If the ball is resting at the end of the wireform, loosen the nuts (under the playfield) that hold the end of the wireform in place, and push it up about 1/16" or less. It doesnt have to be "cranked" down.

Overtightening those nuts causes a ball hang there.

I put small washers to keep the wireform from sinking in too far.

#4293 50 days ago

Good call.
I’m doing a complete tear down of my TOM and will be adding new ramps while also removing the trunk and removing the original grease from 1995 and getting some new lithium grease in there.
I also noticed I would get the ball getting stuck at the base of the wire form in the upper right.
Great tip. Thanks!
Also, for your viewing pleasure, a pic from inside the gear box

IMG_9247 (resized).jpegIMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
#4294 50 days ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

removing the original grease from 1995 and getting some new lithium grease in there.

I thought they used lithium from the factory. Could someone have used regular grease at some point?

1 week later
#4295 39 days ago

Hi everyone!
I would like to show you the mods I make for this fantastic pinball machine.
If you are interested, please visit www.dystopicpinball.com and contact me via email/whatsapp for further information and prices. Thank you

tom1 (resized).jpgtom1 (resized).jpgtom2 (resized).jpgtom2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4296 21 days ago

Hey folks. I'm doing a playfield swap on a ToM that I got my hands on. Looks like the previous owner had the lighted bunny mod on the slings. Question: where do these connect to? Did some research and could not find anything... any help would be much appreciated.

20240407_170845 (resized).jpg20240407_170845 (resized).jpg20240407_191058 (resized).jpg20240407_191058 (resized).jpg20240407_191103 (resized).jpg20240407_191103 (resized).jpg20240407_191149 (resized).jpg20240407_191149 (resized).jpg20240407_191154 (resized).jpg20240407_191154 (resized).jpg
#4297 21 days ago

know nothing about the mod; but I'd "guess" that those clips attach to the GI lamps under the slingshots.
Personally; I wouldn't want that garbage on my machine... at least in the current alligator clip version. Once I confirmed they were functional; I'd find a way to hard wire or at least make the connection more resilient.

#4298 21 days ago

If I made this mod I would have used LED flashers inside the bunny. Connected to the slingshot coils. So every time a ball bounces back, the bunny flashes. If they don't light up (or very weak) as part of the GI, you can try this.

1 week later
#4299 14 days ago

My area right of the trunk has a broken ramp, broken plastic, and two holes presumably for missing posts. As far the posts go, I'm not sure what is missing or if the holes I have open are even factory. The lower of the two holes has a broken piece of metal embedded in the wood from the topside.

I've search thru the thread and have seen a few different post configurations. Hoping someone can help out and tell me what needs to go back in here, and/or if there is a solution to protect against the destruction in this area. I have new ramps, plastics and cliffy's on order.

Thanks!

LR (resized).jpgLR (resized).jpg
#4300 12 days ago

Our Theatre has started giving a credit dot for the Trunk but once you do a trunk test the trunk works fine.

Gearbox was recently cleaned, I have leons trunkfix board and metal interrupter
Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.